• Published 28th Apr 2012
  • 7,347 Views, 174 Comments

Modern Warmare - Beatleboy62



Task Force 141 gets transported to Equestria, with a new war here, will they ever get home?

  • ...
8
 174
 7,347

Takedown

Chapter 8

Takedown

As they excited the Library, Price began checking in with Nikolai. "Ok Nikolai, we're making our way to the town square, does the situation seem to have changed?"

Up on the balcony, Nikolai peered through the telescope, "No, everyone seems to be there, just like they demanded. They're beginning to put them in rows too, must be checking to really see if anyone's hiding."

"Good, they're all in one place, no surprises. Hopefully."

"Price," Soap questioned, "You've been reading up on these ponies for the last two weeks, got any idea who these strongmen are?"

"Not a clue," Price replied, "While there have been discontented groups in the past who have staged uprisings, this looks too...systematic. And the fact that it's multiple groups working together, ponies included, worries me more."

They moved in silence as they approached the town square. Sticking to the shadows, they were all invisible as the light flurry of snow began to pick up into an intense storm. At a building corner just out of sight of the square, Price asked tthe rest of the group, "Does anyone else have a working radio?" Nikolai had Ghost's, and Soap and Yuri looked down at the broken remains of radios on them that were damaged in the crash. The only one left with one was Roach. When he leaned over to hand the radio to Price, he noticed that Roach winced when he put pressure on his leg. It was still broken from the crash, restricting his mobility.

"Sorry lad, you aren't going anywhere near the fray with your leg like that." Before Roach could respond, Price handed him his thermal scoped M14, "You showed me your aim when we assaulted the sub base in Russia. You've got one shot to use, so don't disappoint me." As Price, Yuri, Soap, and Ghost continued moving towards the square, Roach frantically asked, "What's the signal?"

With one last turn of the head, Price answered, "You'll know it when you see it." Cursing, Roach climbed atop a cart and got into the prone position in the snow, ready to take out anyone if needed. With the thermal scope, he could see everyone, but no one could see him.

Price, Soap, Ghost, and Yuri were now hiding behind a small fountain in the town square. Getting his bearings, Price looked at his compass. Directly north east of them, about fifty feet away was the group of civilians and thugs. Looking closely, they could see that that four of the six griffons were standing at the back of the group, watching the civilians, meaning that their backs were turned away from the humans. A fifth griffon was at the front, speaking to the civilians. They had no idea where the sixth griffon was. The three Diamond Dogs were standing on the eastern side of the group of civilians, with the four ponies on the western side. Behind the civilians was a row of buildings, so escape was impossible without going through a wall of guards. For once luck seemed to be on the 141's side, as if they approached silently enough, they wouldn't be noticed until it was too late.

"Here's the plan..." Price said.

--------------------------------------------------------141------------------------------------------------------

Price handed a radio to Ghost as he motioned for the three to follow him. They crept silently until they were directly behind the four griffons. Taking their knives out of their sheathes, they waited as they all stood less than a foot behind a griffon each. With everyone ready, Price held out a hand with three fingers up.

3...

Yuri tightened his hand around the handle of his knife, ready to go at the order.

2...

Ghost raised his arm, ready to strike.

1...

Soap had one thought in his mind, 'Let's do this.'

Go.

All four of them struck swiftly, piercing the necks of the griffons and covering their beaks so not a single noise escaped. The griffons were strong, almost too strong. The only reason they were able to take them down was because they had the element of surprise on their side. If they faced them head on, well, they wouldn't have much of a chance.

After a few moments, the griffons' bodies went limp, and the men laid them down on the ground. Remembering the plan, they split into two pairs, Soap and Price as one, Yuri and Ghost as another, and crept at the edge of the square until each was behind another group. Ghost and Yuri waited behind the Diamond Dogs for Price to give the go-ahead. Picking up the radio, Price spoke to Ghost and Yuri.

"Remember, when you strike, be quick about it. Once we attack, stealth is lost and we can't go back. And as soon as you take out the three in front of you, get the one talking out of his arse in the front. But don't kill him, only wound him, someone needs to give us answers. Three...two...one-"

"Price, griffon approaching from the west, fifty feet away, get down!" Nikolai barked over the radio.

Reflexes kicking in, Price grabbed Soap and yanked him underneath a fruit stand. Watching from underneath, they saw a griffon approaching the leader, carrying two ponies by the neck. A gray pegasus with golden, odd looking eyes, and a younger gray unicorn that must have been her daughter.

"Captain Acwel!" The griffon yelled as he ran up to his leader, carrying the two ponies, "The two missing ponies have been located." He placed them down in front of Acwel, who displayed a sinister smile at the sight of the two ponies cowering in front of him. The mother instinctively placed her foal behind her, protecting her.

"It's such a shame," Acwell started, frowning, "Such courage and bravery will go unrewarded." He looked over to the other griffon. "Anfeald, put the mother with the others, leave the foal here." The mother whimpered as she was prodded over with the other ponies, not knowing what would happen to her daughter. Acwell began speaking again, this time loud enough that Price and the others were able to hear. "Our methods may seem somewhat unorthodox to you all, as even the one we worship never thought death or torture to be the right path for those in his way. However, things have changed, and his way of thinking got him encased in a stone tomb." Walking back and fourth in front of the ponies, Soap winced as he almost stepped on the hand of a dead griffon. "Perhaps if we release him from his prison, he will realize that if you want true power...being discordant isn't enough." Regaining a serious composure, he began giving the other griffon orders.

"Anfeald," he looked at the quivering foal. "Show them that disobedience will not be tolerated."

Anfeald picked up the foal with one hand, taking out a short blade with the other. The mother strained to rush out to save her daughter, but was held back by a brown earth pony, who looked just as worried. Anfeald let out a laugh as he held the blade to the foal's neck, but didn't have time to do much else.

As he tensed to pull the blade, without warning he dropped dead to the ground, with a small pool of blood forming in the snow beneath him. A good distance away, Roach let out a quiet cheer. "One shot, one kill."

As Captain Acwel turned to look at his fallen comrade, Price took the moment to strike.

"GO!"

On the other side of the crowd, Ghost pointed his M9 at a Diamond Dog and shot three of his five bullets into his back, knocking him down for good. Quickly moving onto the second one, he did the same, the two bullets hitting him square in the back of the head. Yuri pointed his Desert Eagle at the third one and pulled the trigger...nothing, it was jammed. As he frantically tried to clear the gun, the Diamond Dog turned around and picked up Yuri, throwing him into a wall and knocking him out. Turning his attention to Ghost, he drew a knife. Seeing this, Ghost drew his own.

"C'mere you furball," He taunted, "I don't need a gun to take you out."

Meanwhile, Soap and Price had begun their own assault on the ponies. Price pushed himself out from under the fruit stand, taking out the two earth ponies with the two rounds left in his 1911 as he skidded across the snow. As Soap crawled out behind him, he took out the pegasus with his own M9, but before he could attack the unicorn, he threw both Price and Soap back, holding them down with his magic. Finally having a chance to act, Twilight ran through the crowd of ponies and headbutted the unicorn, before attacking him with her own magic.

Finally losing the look of bewilderment of his face, Captain Acwel face turned to rage. He charged straight at Soap, holding a knife. As Soap regained his bearings, he just had enough time to pull out his Ranger and pull the trigger.

It barely made a difference.

He plunged the knife into Soap's side and pulled it out quickly, making Soap scream. As he reveled in Soap's screaming, he leaned close and whispered. "You do not yet know pain, hairless monkey." Behind him came a voice.

"You will." Price came down hard on Acwel's back with his own knife and twisted the blade. In a moment of Panic, Acwel Spread his wings and began flapping hard, launching off the ground and taking Soap's unconscious body with him. But for the griffon, it wasn't quick enough, the knife had done it's damage. Bleeding profusely, Acwel crashed down a few streets over.

"Soap!" Price screamed as he began sprinting over to where Soap had landed.

Ghost meanwhile pushed the lifeless body of the Diamond Dog he had defeated in hand to hand combat off of him. He stood up and positioned the now bent sunglasses on his face. He looked at the group of ponies in front of him, with the exception of Twilight, not a single one of them had moved during the attack, all frozen with fear. Without a word, Ghost walked over to the unicorn that Twilight was just barely holding down and struck him with the grip of his pistol, knocking him out.

"Right then." He said to the group, his words snapping everypony back to reality, "Let me put this bluntly, as I'm going to pass out in a moment. We're not going to kill you. Please help us." And true to his word, a few moments later he passed out on the ground.

--------------------------------------------------------141------------------------------------------------------

With Soap's knocked unconscious, his mind began to drift on it's own. His thoughts floated through recent events. Shepard. Makarov. Boneyard. Afghanistan. Shadow Company. Betrayal. Payback. We. Will. Kill. Him. As one memory flowed into another he drifted deeper and deeper into his slumber, with less of a chance of waking up as each moment passed.

--------------------------------------------------------141------------------------------------------------------

Soap, Yuri, and Ghost had been moved to the Ponyville Hospital, where Nikolai had soon met up with Price and Roach. As they waited outside the operating room where Soap was being worked on, they were all worried. Waiting with them was Applejack and Rarity, who's worry rivaled Price's.

"So," Nikolai asked Applejack, "Where are the others?"

"Twi and the girls are at library, writing up a letter to send to the Princess. I 'recon that she'll be here in an hour."

"Why do you think that?" Nikolai questioned.

"Well, I'm not sure about how it is where you all come from, but this isn't exactly a common occurrence. Ponies, griffons, and Diamond Dogs working together to capture and hurt ponies? Nothing like that has ever happened before! By the way, what were those things you were using-"

"Applejack, dear," Rarity interrupted, "I'm sure you have many questions just as I do...but please," she pleaded to her friend, "Now's not the time."

Applejack nodded and sat back down, pushing her hat over her eyes.

Earlier, after they found out that Captain Acwel and the unicorn's injuries were non life threatening, Price had Twilight get some ponies to tie them up and secure them, Twilight even cast a spell over the unicorn to weaken his magic for a bit.

They waited for what seemed like hours, but eventually a pony walked out of the operating room wearing a bloodstained scrub. He looked exasperated, but somewhat relieved.

"Well," the doctor sighed, "he looks like he'll be all right. We've never exactly operated on one of you before, but everything we did in there seems to have worked out. He's lucky that griffon didn't hit him a couple of inches up or down."

"When can we see him?" Price asked.

"I want him in bed for the next few days, without any disturbances at all. Looking at the map of scars on him, it looks like this wasn't his first time getting hurt this bad. If he turned out ok then, he should turn out ok now."

Price nodded, "Thank you doctor."

"As for the other ones, the one with the mask seems ok, just exhaustion. We can't tell the full length of his injuries unless we take the mask off, but we had a feeling that wasn't a smart idea. As for the one with the marks on his arms, he has a slight concussion, but should be awake in the next hour or so." As the doctor began to leave, he asked Roach, "Are you sure you don't want me to look at that leg?" To which Roach shrugged and said, "Sure, why not."

As they left, Twilight and the others walked down the hallway towards them. When they reached Price and Nikolai, Twilight spoke. "I need to have a discussion with the other girls for a moment. We'll be right back." As they walked away, Nikolai and Price were left alone.

"Well, our situation gets better every moment, Nikolai said, "We've got one who looks like he's in a coma, two knocked out in a fight, one with a broken leg, and two old soldiers who should have stopped fighting long ago."

"Speak for yourself," Price laughed, lighting a cigar, "I've still got a lot of fight left in me."

A nurse quickly passed by and extinguished his cigar. "No smoking."

"Anyway," Price said, "I'm sure it'll all turn out for the best."

"Why do you think that?"

"Because I'll go mad if I think otherwise."

"Likewise," Nikolai chuckled, "Likewise."

Meanwhile, Twilight was talking to the girls about their own situation...

"Well," Applejack asked, "What's the story with the Princess?"

"She definetly listened, I wrote 'Urgent' on the outside of the scroll, and I got a reply less than thirty seconds later."

"And what did she say back?" Pinkie asked.

"She said she would be here soon. That was it."

As they waited for somepony to say something else, they heard chariot wheels from outside.

"Well, that was quick."

--------------------------------------------------------141------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I understand some of you asked for longer chapters, but this just seemed like a good place to end this one. And as always, please review, I crave your criticisms. I can't get better unless I know what I'm doing wrong!

Comments ( 34 )

yeeees MOAR! longer! this is too short! but still, keep it up.

Soap's been stabbed... again. What's next? Throw him off a building?

1051423
No, that all ready happened to Roach. :rainbowlaugh:

And then they all show the ponies...JAZZ HANDS! :pinkiegasp:

Nah that's silly. :facehoof:

Love this story though. :moustache:

you should make it so they find more ammo so they can have more fighting scenes. WAYS 4 THEM TO FIND AMMO:
1. remember there is ammo at ofspree
2. find care packages that got teleported to equestria with them not far from the crash
3. small amounts of russians get teleported there and they kill the russians and take the ammo
but plz make more fighting scenes!!!!!! thank you. and keep calm and brony on!

Favorited.
Also, MOAR!!!

1134468 Well, you kinda lose a grip of the situation when it's not exactly your world.

WHERE U AT? NEED MORE.

I WANT MOAR DGBN HFGHHGFYTRZFSD&HUITJHYTREVB NBHG^FBRDHNJU*GU&YDJIUGFHGXDV VB Y

hmmm
when is the next chapter coming out?

1436208

I've explained in a couple of journal posts that I've hit a wall, that, and school is catching up with me. More like I have to catch up with it.

I will not completely abandon this story, don't worry, it may take a while though to continue. Sorry bout' that.

MOAR PLEASE MOAR

i relly loved the story

you my friend dezerve a like and a me gusta and mustash :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

OMG, i have a GREAT story for where you left!!!
Let just make it up to you with words:
Royal Specialist Guards, Hospital Massacre, Ghost or Roach real death( cause we didn't see them in mw3), Mane(6) Resistant after Twilight's death (in Hospital Massacre), Celestia knowledge about Human eventually Makarov -"Equestria Creator", Task Force new magical Weapons, against all odds.
Part Hospital Massacre: Twi open door, get shot, mane6 run to Price, warn sistuation, hide away...
And Part of...
And...
Pardon me if i wrote the rest for your story :scootangel:

The blast of the portal may have captured more than the VTO ( virtical take off) may have taken munition crates weapon cahe and maybe spear parts for the crashed VTO
The weapons in the warehouse are from the eras of 1911 towards 2000
They may find a T90 tank or the dreaded Mi Havock the flying tank wich Nicoli may found love for showing off his guns towards Rianbow show her how Russians take care of bissnies

now you have my attention:heart:

Will this ever be updated or is it dead

in that cace let see if i do this: first of all you have a good timing going on and you seem to hit the mark with entertaining your reders well i hope you can read this right because of a mild form of bran damage i have to live with i normly do abut a one word sum up and a auto thing of rating.
for this one it : dam :heart::heart::heart::heart::fluttershysad::fluttercry:

I say this in all seriousness. NO PROCRASTINATION!! I'm sure either the Rainbow Factory or Pinkie will be able to put your body to good use. Either cupcakes or rainbows! Yay! :pinkiecrazy:

MOOOOAAAARRR!!

Please make more, I crave more.

Ill read later sounds interesting:twilightsheepish:

Things just got exciting!!!!!

When is the next chapter coming?

Next chapter please!

it's been over three years since the last edit, where have you gone?

Are we required to know what a "task force 141" is?

Is this ever getting an update?

Login or register to comment