• Published 8th Dec 2012
  • 1,137 Views, 16 Comments

Warrant - PegasYs



Fugitives of the ground, need to make it home sound, but a friend is bound, nowhere to be found.

  • ...
3
 16
 1,137

Regroup

Rarity ran. She didn’t know where, she just ran. She lurked in the shadows, going from alleyway to alleyway, trying to garner as little attention as possible. Her breath was raspy from exertion and panic. After they ran, she lost sight of every one of her friends, but she didn’t concern herself with them. Rarity’s only concern was to not get caught. She rounded the corner of a dusty shop, turning through narrow passage after narrow passage, not really sure where she was heading.

Just as she passed by a dumpster, she was nearly clotheslined by a pink foreleg that outstretched from behind the trash receptor. She was pulled to the side, shrieking in fear.

“Tag! You’re it!” Rarity’s heart returned to its beating once more. It was only Pinkie Pie.

“What the hay do you think you’re doing?” Rarity asked shocked beyond belief.

“I got you! I got you! I’m not even sure if I was it… But I got you!” Pinkie said, jumping up and down in place. Rarity grabbed hold of the pink party pony, sitting her down on her haunches and giving her a hard glare.

“Do you think this some sort of game!? Our friends are in danger! Twilight and Rainbow Dash could be in serious trouble, more-so than we are right now!” she hissed, flaring her butterfly-like wings in frustration.

"Sorry, I didn't think it would be so bad. If Twilight and Dashie do go to jail, don't you think we can just get the princesses to bail them out?"

Rarity looked over the edge of the garbage bin to see if there was anypony near. “That's probably the best suggestion I've ever heard you make, Pinkie. We shall head to the balloon, I'm sure that's where the rest of us are going, granted the fact that we are all still free ponies... I sure hope Fluttershy and Applejack are alright.”

Pinkie looked at Rarity questioningly.

Rarity turned to Pinkie, thinking through a swift plan of action. “We’ll have to go find them, but we can’t go out into public with my horn and your… earth pony-ness.” She walked down the alleyway a little bit more, and spotted what she was looking for. Hanging in front of a small tinted window was a horribly dusty looking curtain. She took it with her magic and, working her designing genius, produced two robes: one for Pinkie to wear over her torso, and one that Rarity could wear, complete with a hood to hide her unicornhood.

She shivered with disgust, positively dreading that such a filthy garment should be forced to come in contact with her body. “We may look like complete slobs, but it will have to do.” She threw the other robe to Pinkie, who spun in a rapid circle so fast that she looked like a tornado. When she returned to her semi-still state, she was wearing the robe. It all happened in less than a second, leaving Rarity shocked, gawking at the earth pony who never ceased to amaze her.

“Uh, right then! Let’s get to it!” She galloped at full sprint, partly in an effort to find her friends, but more impulsively to try to get out of the disgusting damp alleyway. Pinkie skipped along, not far behind.


Applejack, not quite as clever as Rarity, walked in the middle of the street. She ducked and dodged through the huge crowd of winged ponies, trying her very best to be the pegasus she was trying to be. Not an easy task for the Element of Honesty, made especially difficult because she had duct-taped a whole bunch of shed pony feathers to her middle back. She smiled to each mare and stallion in passing, who just gave her a look like she was a complete nutjob.

Her plan seemed to be working so far, at least for the most part. She was being ridiculed, but it was better than having the enforcement called on her.

A flash of yellow passed her, accented in pink. Applejack’s gaze was met with a light blue stare. A rush of relief flowed through Applejack, suddenly recognizing the face.

“Fluttershy! Thank Celestia I found you,” she exclaimed.

“Applejack, not to be rude, but… uh, I think you are gonna need something more convincing than that,” she said, looking awkwardly at her faux pegasus attire.

“Heh, yeah, uh, I’m gonna need a coat or somethin’.”

“C’mon, I’ve got something that can fix you right up.” Fluttershy led Applejack down the street a ways, and walked into a local clothing shop. Moments later, she walked out, holding a shopping bag.

She reached into the bag, revealing an extremely pink hoodie.

Applejack blinked. “Uh… Fluttershy, ya couldn’t a grabbed somethin’ more… fittin’?” she said.

Fluttershy blushed. “It was all they had, and I think you’ll look cute in it.”

She groaned. “Fine, not like I have much of a choice anyway…”
Adorned in her fashionable attire, Applejack joined with Fluttershy once more.
“So, what’s the plan, Miss Shy?”

“Oh, well, I think we should go back to the balloon. If the others are okay, I think that would be the best place for us all to meet up,” she said quietly.

“That sounds like a good idea to me! Let’s get movin’, once we meet up with the others, we can decide what to do next.”

Neither mare knew what the status of Rainbow Dash and Twilight was. They both assumed that everypony had made the clear. They trudged on, now confident that they had a destination and a place where everything would be safe and happy.


Rainbow was in a much worse state. She had found a clearing that allowed her passage back up into the city, but she was too late. Twilight had been taken away.

Rainbow knew she couldn’t stay out in the open. She stood out too much, and they were undoubtedly searching for her for helping terrorists. What a joke.

She knew more than any of the others how much danger they really were in. The legal system in Cloudsdale didn’t make much sense; bail involved several days of humiliating trails and a lot of unnecessary paperwork, not to mention an absolutely grotesque amount of bits.

But that wasn’t what worried her the most. The sun was setting over Cloudsdale as she flew. She was heading to the balloon, hoping she could find the rest of her friends there.

She knew something, and if her assumptions were correct, Twilight might be in serious trouble unless they did something about it.

Comments ( 14 )

I absolutely love the concept here!

1763951 It's an... Okay band :scootangel:

1763963 I do enjoy Foster the People, but they aren't my favorite.

I kinda like the general topic, but the idea itself is totally ridiculous. Oh well, I should read a story before judging it :)

I actually quite like it. Nicely written, little mistakes, and interesting. Good job!

You wrote the concept? Yes! I'll be reading this later :twilightsmile:

Interesting, keep going.

New Chrome story?

1764615 You make me happy :raritywink:

This is very familiar... who was talking about this before? T'was you? If so, thank you, I shall read it and love it, and if for some reason the romance does not please me, I shall not hold it against you. This may be favorited but it indeed shall have a thumbs up, it is as I decree!

Fly Dashie fly! Save Twilight or it will be the end of Equestria as we know it, soon the forces of Morgoth will mass and take Equestria for their own!

1763492 feel free to take it, this doesn't seem to be selling so well. I originally didn't want to write this, maybe you can do it justice.

1783068 Wow, that's some solid logic. :ajbemused:

At least you told me what you didn't like about it, I respect you for that, as I never get comments like that. Not an entire basis for your argument of a "lousy idea," being that the princesses, while not pegasi, are the rulers of Equestria after all.

I really like this story so far. Interesting concept, and pretty well written.
I'm also interested to see what spin canterlotgaurdian puts on this concept

Login or register to comment