• Published 12th Dec 2012
  • 1,648 Views, 28 Comments

Equestria's Dark Heroes - CMNiall



Four very dangerous humans are brought to Equestria by a strange being for reasons unknown to them.

  • ...
3
 28
 1,648

New surroundings

The group of four woke to find themselves next to a river in an extremely dense forest, much to their displeasure.
“That guy’s starting to piss me off!” Mike exclaimed as he began dusting himself off.
“You know him?” Mathias questioned, turning towards the angering mutant.
“Nah, but this is the third time today he’s fucking knocked me out.” Mike sighed, trying to regain his composure. “So anyways, do we have any idea where we are now?” he asked but the others merely shook their heads. Mike opened his mouth to say something else but Mathias held up his hand to signal for silence. The others looked around and tried to see why he silenced them. After several minutes Mike couldn’t stand the tension and whispered “What is it?” but his answer came shortly. He felt the ground shake slightly in a rhythmic pulse, the pulse of footsteps, footsteps of a very large creature. It was getting closer, possibly attracted by Mike’s earlier outburst and it probably was not friendly.
“Alright!” Dante exclaimed excitedly “Finally some action!” They all readied themselves for the possible fight but were unprepared for the creature they saw next, a fifty-five foot cosmic bear broke through the treeline with a ravenous look in its eye.
“An Ursa Major? But that means-” Megumi began to say but was cut off as Mike laughed somewhat maniacally and charged the great blue beast. He leapt into the air, ready to strike but before he could the bear swatted him with one massive paw and sent him rocketing into the distance. Mike flew a good distance, and at the height of his arc he could tell where he was going to land, a colourful little town but before he could make out anything else he plummeted to the earth, landing hard on the unforgiving dirt with a sickening crunch. His vision was hazy from the impact and despite his rough landing he couldn’t feel any pain. He looked at his right arm and saw his forearm was bent with a broken bone protruding from it. Due to the lack of pain he decided he was either dreaming or in shock and when pastel coloured ponies started approaching him quietly whispering to each other he decided on the former before slipping into unconsciousness.
Back in the forest Dante pulled Rebellion off his back and pointed it towards the bear.
“So Smokey, you gonna leave or do we have to kick your ass first?” he asked but in reply it lashed out with its right paw. Dante was ready and simply flipped over the attack while Mathias darted forwards and used the attack as an opening to launch his own, completely severing the bear’s left front paw with his sword. It let out a howl of pain that could be heard for miles around and tried to balance on its three remaining legs but unfortunately for it Mathias quickly cut off its remaining left paw and it fell to it’s side. “Don’t say I didn’t warn ya.” Dante said as he jumped into the air and brought his blade down upon the bear’s neck in his Helm Breaker move, decapitating it. Megumi stood by, still stunned by what the appearance of the bear meant.
“You knew what that was.” Mathias said as walked back around the dead beast towards her, snapping her out of her stupor and she looked to him then at her feet, not wanting to meet his armoured gaze.
“Um, well…yeah.” she responded softly keeping her eyes lowered.
“Well” Dante said placing Rebellion on his back “You mind sharing with the rest of us?”
“It was an Ursa Major.” Megumi replied, hardly believing what had just transpired. “It’s from a TV show.” Suddenly she looked up at the two men with a worried expression “Wait, what about Mike?” this caught Dante and Mathias by surprise, they had completely forgotten about him.
“I suppose we should go collect our colleague.” Mathias said then pointed off in what seemed like a random direction. “He’s that way.”
“How can ya tell?” Dante questioned but Mathias had already begun walking in the direction he indicated.
“My suit is tracking his bio-signature.” He replied as though that would explain everything and motioned for the two to follow him. With no other hope of navigating the forest Dante and Megumi reluctantly followed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twilight heard a commotion outside the while she and Spike were reorganizing books in their library/home but paid no heed. She had scheduled to reorganize the books today and by Celestia that was what she was going to do. Or at least that was what she was going to do until Pinkie burst through the door speaking to quickly and incoherently to be understood.
“Slow down Pinkie. What happened?” Twilight said trying to get the pink, crazy-maned mare calm enough to speak in understandable sentences.
“There’s an alien outside and it looks really hurt because it fell from high up in the sky and now it has broken bones and cuts and needs help now come on!” Pinkie exclaimed in one breath then ran out the door with impossible speed. Twilight sighed and looked at Spike who returned the look.
“Guess we should see what Pinkie’s talking about.” She said and proceeded out the door with Spike following close behind. They quickly found the source of the commotion, a crowd of ponies gathered around something lying on the ground. Twilight wiggled her way through the crowd to find a bipedal creature clothed oddly, lacking any fur aside from its mane. It seemed to be unconscious and looked injured.
“It’s a human!” she heard a mare behind her scream. Twilight turned to see Lyra shrieking with joy then slight horror when she realized the human was hurt. Nurse Red Heart slowly made a passage through the crowd and asked Twilight to help her get the human to hospital so she could treat his wounds. A lavender aura surrounded the human and Twilight slowly levitated it to the hospital, careful to cradle the injured limb and sent Spike to fetch some paper and a quill. With the human gone the crowd dispersed, returning to their daily lives, sure that Twilight or the mayor would give them an explanation in due time. After Twilight laid down the human on a metal operating table she was shooed out of the operating room and decided to wait outside.
“So is it true?” Twilight turned her head to see Rarity approaching “A human fell out of the sky?”
“I don’t know if he really fell out of the sky.” Twilight replied
“He?” Rarity asked.
“Just a guess.” Twilight shrugged and laughed a little.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mathias, Dante, and Megumi finally found their way out of the forest and now saw the colourful town Mike had landed in. They slowly approached, cautious of any more dangers they might face despite Megumi assuring them the locals were peaceful. Mathias, being a Space Marine and all, didn’t trust alien worlds, especially since every one he’d landed on has tried to kill him. They entered the town and the pony inhabitants all scurried off upon seeing them, which wasn’t really surprising given the size of the armoured Space Marine.
“Jeez, what’s with these things?” Dante asked aloud in response to the ponies all turning tail at the sight of them. “You’d think they’ve never seen people before.”
“They haven’t. The ponies of Equestria have never seen humans before, they thought we’re a myth.” Megumi answered shyly.
“All myths come from somewhere.” Mathias said as he scanned their surroundings. “Out comrade is just up here.” he said pointing to a building that resembled a hospital. In front of it were two ponies, one lavender with a dark purple mane that had a lighter purple and a pink stripe running through it while the other was white with a, styled purple tail and mane. Unlike the other ponies they didn’t run, having not even noticed the odd trio getting ever closer.
“You there, pony.” Mathias called to them, they turned and upon seeing the imposing armoured figure mere feet from them the white one fainted.
“Rarity!” the lavender pony cried, trying to shake her friend back into consciousness and Mathias stood over them, inspecting the fallen pony. Moments later a rainbow blur crashed into the chest of Mathias who was completely unfazed by the attack.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twilight was try to shake Rarity back to her senses when she noticed they were completely engulfed by shadows, she looked up to find the massive metal being that had called to her standing over them. The metal creature was quite literally twice her size. It made no aggressive moves but the sword at its side didn’t look like it was just for display. Before she could think she saw Rainbow Dash fly into the massive being with all her might… and bounce off harmlessly. She got up slowly and nearly fell back down, dazed from the impact but determined to protect her friends. Dash jumped up and kicked the being’s head with all her might but it didn’t even flinch and she nearly broke her own leg in the process. Landing gracelessly next to Twilight she held her pained leg, trying to figure out how to stop the metal monster from hurting Twilight.
“Wait!” they saw a pink-maned human step out from behind the metal thing then she spoke again “We don’t want to hurt you. We’re just looking for our friend.” Rainbow dash noticed the human girl’s sweater mimicked her mane and fur.
“Then why did this thing try to hurt Twilight!” Dash exclaimed pointing a hoof at the metal being accusingly.
“I didn’t.” It responded with a male voice. Twilight stepped in to be the voice of reason.
“Wait, is your friend the human the one that fell from the sky?” she asked now more curious than afraid of the metal man. A white-maned human in red clothes wandered up next to the other two and answered.
“Well actually he got swatted by a giant cosmic bear, guess he really flew.” he said then whistled.
“A giant cosmic bear? You don’t mean-” Twilight began.
“An Ursa Major, yeah.” The pink-mane girl finished.
“But then he flew from the Ever free forest.” Twilight stated and the girl nodded.
“Whoa, whoa, whoa, you guys took on an Ursa Major?” Rainbow Dash cut in.
“Yep, kicked its ass too.” The white-maned human said, resting his …hooves? behind his head. Then Spike returned carrying paper, quills, and ink but dropped it all when he saw the group in front of the hospital.
“What happened to Rarity?” he shouted as he raced over to her side.
“It’s alright, Spike” Twilight comforted the baby dragon “she just fainted.” Then they could hear shouting coming from inside the hospital. It was nurse Red Heart telling somepony to lay down. The door opened and they saw the human who had been admitted to the hospital roughly twenty minutes ago step out with his right arm in a cast and bandages all around his body and head.
“Look lady…pony…ma’am” he said with an irritated tone “I’m fine and I’ve been through worse.” He then turned to see the odd group and smirked “Sup?” He was greeted by a hug from the girl and groaned in pain. “Easy there, I got tenderized by a giant bear, remember?” he said with agony clinging to his words.
“Oh, sorry.” The girl replied, clearly embarrassed and backed away blushing. While this was happening Twilight quickly wrote a letter to Princess Celestia and had Spike send it off. Suddenly there was a pink blur and before them stood Pinkie.
“Oh, more humans? Yay, more means bigger parties!” she exclaimed bouncing up and down excitedly. Spike then burped out a scroll and Twilight levitated it to her face to read.
“Where the hell did you come from?” the injured human asked, shocked at the bouncing pony’s appearance from seemingly nowhere.
“I left to get party stuff.” She said giddily, still bouncing.
“I’m afraid that will have to wait Pinkie.” Twilight said with a small sigh “Princess Celestia wants the elements to escort these humans to Canterlot.” Rarity was begging to regain consciousness and looked around.
“Oh I had the worst dream there was this metal monster and…”her voice trailed off as she noticed the humans. “It wasn’t a dream?” the humans shook their heads.
“Anyways” Twilight cut in, wanting to keep them on track “Rainbow Dash, can you go get Applejack and Fluttershy then bring them to the train station?”
“On it!” she exclaimed and took off leaving behind a rainbow streak.
“Now if the rest of you will just follow me” Twilight said as she began trotting towards the train station. The humans glanced to one another then shrugged and followed her.
Fifteen minutes later at the train station…
“So now that everypony’s here I guess we should introduce ourselves.” Twilight said then held a hoof to her chest. “I’m Twilight Sparkle.”
“I’m Rainbow Dash, fastest flyer in Equestria!” Dash exclaimed, puffing out her chest.
“Ooh, ooh, ooh, me next! I’m Pinkie Pie, I’m sure we’ll be the bestest of friends.” Pinkie said with her unfaltering, joy filled smile.
“Rarity, charmed.” Rarity said in her usual graceful manner.
“An ahm Applejack, pleased ta meet ya.” Applejack said with humility that seemed to offset Rainbow Dash’s audacious nature. “And the shy mare here” she said pulling Fluttershy up in front of her “is Fluttershy.” The injured human stepped forward to introduce himself and Fluttershy zipped back behind her friends.
“I’m Mike Winters, at your service.” He said and took a slight bow, then winced at the pain it caused him. Next the white-maned human with the red coat stepped forward.
“Dante, demon hunter extraordinaire.” he proclaimed with confidence that bordered on arrogance. Next the metal giant removed his helmet revealing himself to be merely wearing armour and not be made of metal as some of the ponies had thought.
“Mathias Grek, Space Marine sergeant of the Ultramarines chapter, second company.” He said in a very formal way. Lastly the girl gave her name.
“I’m Megumi Miharu, it’s…uh…nice to meet you.” she said with poorly hidden excitement. Twilight had so many questions but she knew they would have to wait, at least for a little while. The train pulled into the station and Twilight couldn’t help but laugh at the expressions of the humans when they saw it. Despite their initial reluctance (except for Megumi who was ecstatic for the trip) the humans boarded and much to the amusement of everyone and everypony else Mathias had to nearly crawl onto the train due to his enormous size and bulk. Twilight noted the mannerisms of the humans as each of them picked their seats and sat in different positions, Dante lying down across one seat while Mike followed Megumi who sat next Twilight herself while he sat across from them and Mathias opted for the most secluded corner, presumably wanting to be left to his thoughts. However he didn’t get that option as Rainbow Dash felt the need to prove herself to be greater than him after their first encounter.
“I bet you think you’re pretty tough, huh.” she said as she sat across from him.
“I am a member of the Space Marines, mankind’s greatest defenders.” He responded looking out the window as the train began moving “Were my battle brothers and I not great warriors we would have fallen long ago.”
“Pfft, no need to be so over-dramatic.” she said waving off his incredibly serious tone.
“Believe me when I tell you my world and the life I live would haunt you for the rest of your mortal life.” he said causing such a feeling of dread that even Dash with all her bravado shied away from him and took a seat beside Mike.
“So Rainbows” Mike said turning to Dash with a mischievous smile on his face “enjoy your talk with the Tin-man?”