• Published 2nd Dec 2012
  • 2,909 Views, 56 Comments

The Ashes - Scylight



Rainbow Dash now has to deal with her being a vampire.

  • ...
11
 56
 2,909

The Mirror

There was nothing to comfort them as Twilight and her friends surronded Rainbow's death bed. No amount of bits in the world could keep them from crying. Just a few minutes ago one of the nurses came in to take Rainbow off of life support. They tried and pleaded to convince her otherwise but she said, "Do you want her in pain, or end her suffering". That was the toughest decsion they would ever have to make. Eventually they chose to end her suffering.

"Ah, can't belive this has just happend", Applejack said sadly. She was one of Rainbow's closest friends and most bitter rivals. Applejack's trademark stenson was covering her eyes in a attempt to keep herself from crying. It was futile as everypony in the room knew she was crying as much as they were.

"We would miss her darling", Rarity replied attepting to comfort the crest fallen earth pony. Despite them not being close Rarity still loved her like she was family.

Crying in the corner by herself was Fluttershy. Fluttershy had taken Rainbow's death the hardest as she knew her the longest. She would tell stories to Twilight about their adventures during Flight School and when they met again in Ponyville. Rainbow would've scolded her if she saw Fluttershy like this.

Pinkie Pie was uncharateristicly being quiet. Her bright pinks had darkend and her mane was now straight. Only she knows what she is thinking right now.

Twilight who first saw her friend was sitting by herself to the right of Rainbow. Tears were swelling up in her eyes as she begged for forgivnes. "I'm so sorry for not helping you in time", Twilight repeated over and over again. They had already tried to convince Twilight that it wasn't her fault to no avail so they thought it was better for her to get it all out there. Her tears stained the vibrant white that was in a deep contrast to the mood of the room. Minutes later somepony knocked on the door to tell them something.

"Somepony wants to speak to you five", the nurse said calmly as she held the door open. The five lazily trudged out the door into the hallway not expecting who might want to see them.

"PRINCESS LUNA", the five mares gasped. The group scrambled to bow so they could show some respect to the Lunar Godess.

"No need for you five to bow and by the way I am terribly sorry for your loss", Luna said. It was soon clear that what she had said struck a cord not yet healed.

"It's alright Princess, we're okay", Twilight said while trying to hide her sadness to no avail. "So what brings you here Princess"

"It is my job to do the grusome task of examining the body", Luna stated with a lack of dignity. At the comment Rarity swooned slightly but didn't faint. Luna sighed as she attepted to push pass them but was blocked by Applejack.

"If you don't mind me by asking, why are you examining her body", she asked.

"Because she is one of the Elements of Harmony. The only pegasus to pull off a Sonic Rainboom, That is why", Luna said sternly.

They both sighed as Applejack let her by. The five began to watch her walk towards Rainbow's room before a nurse bursted out of their screaming. "She's supposed to be dead! She's supposed to be dead!"

The five mares raced to Rainbow's room with shock on their faces. They joined Luna as they looked on at Rainbow's bed. Instead of they dead pegasus from earlier, there was now a living, breathing pony with a dumbfound look on her face.

"Why are you all staring at me", Rainbow asked.

This time Rarity fainted.

***

After a couple of minutes of gasping and the nurse apoligizing for her freak out they could now ask some questions.

"How did you survive? I saw you covered in your own blood. I...I thought you were dead", Twilight asked tearfully.

"I really don't know Twi. I mean I thought I was going to die too, but I'm here now", Rainbow replied with a grin.

Luna was observing the whole situation like it was a movie. She had already spoke with the doctor who was very confused about what was transpirering in front of him. He said that he couldn't belive that she was still alive. Luna herself was also very surprised with the turn of events. When she had came she was still wondering what she would tell Tia, but thankfully that conversation would never happen.

There has to be something amiss

It was true, nopony could survive with that much blood loss, especially from the neck. It all seemed to suspicious for Luna. There was something else wrong too, her eyes which were normally magenta, have suddenly turned a blood red. The door opened once more revealing a exhausted doctor. She turned and asked, "What caused Rainbow's wounds"

The doctor was clearly shocked to say the least. "Um..yes er your majesty, it w-was from som-e sort of dagger", he managed to studder.

All of a sudden everything seemed to conect like a puzzle, her discoloured eyes, her wounds on her neck, the blood loss, and her survival. "Everypony out now", Luna screamed at the top of her lungs. Despite knocking over a few ponies everypony including Rainbow's friends shuffeled there way out of the room. Finally she was alone with the mare of the hour, Rainbow Dash.

"Next time could you be a little more quiet", she requested.

Luna just rolled her eyes and asked, "Rainbow, do you know what happend to you?"

"Yeah, I think I was attacked by some crazy pony", she said sacasticly.

Luna frowned slightly at her subject's sacasm. "Was there anything strange about him", Luna asked.

Rainbow thought for a moment before saying, "It might have just been the rain, but a swear he had a pair a fangs". Luna gasped slightly at this, confusing Rainbow slightly. "Is there something wrong Princess"

Luna began to walk towards the front of the bed and looked straight in to her eyes. "Rainbow you have to listen to me because I would not repeat it. At midnight I want you to escape this hospital and go as far away from here as possible."

"What, why would I want to escape", Rainbow asked staring at Luna.

"Just listen, if you don't something bad is going to happen to you and your friends. You are becoming something you thought never existed."

Now Rainbow was starting to get scared. "What do you mean by that", she asked.

"You're becoming....a vampire", Luna breathed out.

There was first a look of confusion, disbelief, and then anger. "What, that's impossible, upsurd, crazy. Why would you do this", she shouted back.

Luna sighed slightly before walking to Rainbow's left. Her horn began to glow as she levitated a mirror to her face. She began to walk back to where she was originally before sighing once more. From Rainbow's vantage point she cloud see Princess Luna's image in the mirror. "Wait, how could she see her reflection when the back of it is facing her." she thought.

Luna flipped the mirror so that it now faced her. Everything seemed the same, the room, the bed, she could even see the things on her desk clearly. But there was something missing, herself.

"That's not possible, that's not possible", Rainbow stuttered. She looked a Luna seemed sad at what she had just did.

Luna then levitated her blankets off of her revealing even more. Her once beutiful wings, were now evilish bat wings. Rainbow began to hyperventilate as she continued to look at her new wings. She wanted to scream so badly but something was stopping her, and all she could do was stare.

"I'm so sorry Rainbow, I'm truely sorry", Luna whispered.