• Published 27th Nov 2012
  • 569 Views, 2 Comments

Clover - Kalimdor



Little Jakie could never meet expectations of his daunting grandmother. She was everything he had on this burned to bare soil planet. Except for four-leaf clover, gift from his dead mother. There is eons old saying that four-leaf gives luck...

  • ...
 2
 569

Second chapter

Slit in ceiling allowed light to slip into cavern. With every dropped water drop stalactites sung charming song. Hundreds of years passed and created one just above his head. Cold water snatched him from deep sleep. Wound, now tidily wrapped in pearl white cloth, ached a little. Color contrasted greatly with rich yellows of the walls and dirty cushion. Couple of water drops differed greatly from every morning bucket of wash.


Step after step he made his way to exit. Whole area was abandoned, also there was no sign of his savior. Eventually green hollow light caught his eye. One of the calcium broken pillars created ideal standing place for his treasure. He swiftly approached the place and closed his fingers tightly on tiny cylinder. Familiar cold attacked his skin and small needle of sentiment pierced his young heart. Vastly bigger steel needle just pierced his arm and whole portion of red liquid in syringe vanished. He screamed as hard as he could and toppled. Anticipation for unpleasant and painful landfall vanished giving place for soft and pleasant surface. Bit different than first time, wet and smelly yet still unmatched to anything he could imagine.


“You really are prone to huggin’ don’t you?”


He couldn’t answer for this simple question coming from just above head. Warm air scattered his brown hair, enough to once more stand on his own legs. He turned around to see empty cave space. Unnerving occurrence was present, granny bucket of wash was imminent, because it was a dream. Really neat one if someone could ask him now.


Potion took its effect, leg was healed leaving small pink mark. Nevertheless feeling of being observed remained. He turned around and previous pillar like rock served purpose of dining table. Wet black cloth covered it completely, wide opened canned goods released white mist because of difference in the temperature. Creature curiously twisted its head and waved its hoof to come closer. Step by step, closely watched, he approached the place. Burned log of wood was pretty comfortable since it was softest surface in this forsaken cave.


“You are not great talker, handsome.”

“Stop calling me like that” there was something annoying in the pony voice. Certain amount of pure amusement. Green coated hoof moved furthest can to him. It was full of fresh corn, gold and promising good feed time.

“Will you eat it or I have to help myself?” he slowly realized that other four cans were empty, pony was hardly bigger than him, that was some appetite. Last one was emptied in seconds.

That was awkward, both of them staring in the eyes, trying to read something about another one. He couldn’t read a single thing. Big blue eyes were vivid and lively yet there was nothing in them, empty. The old saying about to trust your savior in these lands was expired, also exception to it was sitting right in front of him.


“This will get us nowhere!” two swift moves and remains ended up in tightly wrapped cloth behind the pony “Now we will just exchange. Info for an info, OK?”

He nodded slowly without losing eye contact.

“I will start” equine loudly cleared throat “My name is Warrior.” She launched a hoof in his direction. There was no other way.

“John”

“Good. I am looking for my home. It is somewhere on this planet but I don’t know where.”

“I am looking for nothing, cuz’ I have nothing.” He replied sickly.

Warrior goggled her eyes and energetically swept floor with short tail. He was waiting for her answer but there was just silence and same still look. Echo of falling water drops filled whole cavern.


In blink of an eye he once more ended up on pony back. He couldn't do anything about it just tighten his grip. She was extremely fast and agile, hoofs loudly pommeled the ground crushing small rocks. Maze of calcium pillars had no secret to Warrior, she passed them with amazing grace and certainty where she was going. Eventually they found an exit. They were many walk days away from grandma house. Entrance to the cave was placed above cloud level in one of the silver, from plasma bombardment, mountains.


Mane and tail waved in chaos scattered by strong cold wind.


“Then, by the Vault law, I have to give you purpose to start looking for something. Love would be nice.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment