• Published 25th Nov 2012
  • 1,538 Views, 123 Comments

My Little Slayer: Emotion is Weakness - RishnaLeDestroyer



What happens when a battle hardened medieval warrior is sent to a land of magical talking ponies?

  • ...
9
 123
 1,538

Pride

Henric awoke inside the ponyville hospital. He could not believe that he had awoken. If he had been the ponies who had found him, he would have killed himself. Maybe these creatures were more forgiving than his own, or maybe they just had some sort of honor to their battles. His arm was in a sling, and a cast. He had never seen an actual plaster cast, due to the fact that they didn't exist in the world he had come from. This new contraption intrigued him, it seemed it would hold his broken bones in place so that they would heal correctly.

He sat for a few minutes examining his surroundings, taking note of how everything looked white and sanitary. Where he came from, most medicine consisted of bleeding out infections, using some medicinal herbs, and praying for good health. Here there were magical sciences and logic at work to try to extend the lives of any who came seeking help in their sickness, meaning that many of the things he saw here were completely new to him.

As he was taking in the drastic change of scenery, a white coat, strange hat, and soft pink mane walked in. She noted that he was awake, and left the room. When she returned a few minutes later it was with some guards and a mob of anxious ponies. Some of the ponies looked scared, some amazed, and some genuinely full of thank. Henric had expected to see the scared faces, but he had also expected hate, rage, and murder.

All of the amazed horse-like creatures seemed tense, like they were waiting for him to jump on him and attack, so he decided to set them more at ease, after all a readied enemy is much harder to bring down then an oblivious one. The manticore-slayer spoke saying in simple, low voice, "I thank you all for seeing to my injuries. I surely would have ended up in a far worse condition than I currently am in if it had not been for your concern."

At this the crowd erupted. They had been half expecting this murderous alien, who had incidentally saved them all, to jump upon them and slash off all of their heads. This kind manner they definitely did not see coming, but it still thrilled them. The terrifying monster that had single handedly killed a large part of the manticore population in the Greene Forest had just spoken their language, and it was friendly.

Henric saw the admiration in these creatures expressions, and heard the praise they gave him. It was just a little bit, but as much as Henric hated to admit it to himself, he felt something at this. He basked in the warmth that their smiles gave off. It felt good. He knew that his shield of staidness from living a life in darkness had begun to chip away in this new world of happiness. Henric had taken his first step on the long and twisted path that lead to love.

~*~

Twilight Sparkle ran. She ran like she never had before, her body was protesting based on its previous bookish and non-athletic life, but she still pushed it on. She and the rest of her party had just been informed that the violent creature that had intruded her world and whom they were pursuing had just come to in the ponyville hospital. She ran for knowledge, and answers for what in equestria was currently going on.

They all ran for about ten minutes before arriving in town, all winded, bar the one remaining goddess. The first thing Miss Sparkle noticed was the smell. The very scent of death was emanating from all around the quaint town. Next she noticed the blood in the streets, and finally the bodies of many gargantuan manticores lining the streets. Most were mangled in some way, charred or chopped up. She knew it was the work of the beast they had seen earlier, what else had the power to do something like this?

The ever joking Pinkie Pie stated facetiously, "Wow does this guy really hate manticores!" before backing off when she realized none of her friends were in very laughing moods.

Celestia, repulsed by al of the death creeping around her, fired from her horn a blast not quite hot enough to melt the stone pavings of the street, but instead burnt away the carcasses littering the way. She then proceeded, without speaking a word, to the hospital where the beast was being contained. She wondered how her little ponies were doing in holding up against the rage it would surely have after awakening to find itself in containment. She shuddered and hoped for the best as she walked into the house of healing, the rest of her party in tow.

Celestia was stunned upon entry of the room she had learned held the beast who had killed dozens of manticores and murdered one of her loyal royal guards, as well as assaulting Rainbow Dash. The monster was not struggling against its containment, and the ponies had no need to battle to keep the monster from wrecking havoc through the world they called theirs. It appeared that the alien and her subjects were socializing, and happy. They were chatting, the onies with amazed looks in their eyes as they questioned the foreign creature in the room.

Celestia decided to get their attention, so she cleared her throat, making an exaggerated,"Ahem."

This act instantly bought the eyes of everycreature in the room towards her instantly, with some saying things along the lines of, "Princess Celestia, please forgive me!"

Celestia was always a little bit irked with how over-respected she was by her subjects, but she would not bring up the need for more casual greetings now. She needed answers.

"Everypony please leave, besides the elements, and you." She said directing her vision at the strange creature that lay in the bed, with its ice cold eyes staring right back at her.

~*~

Sir Samuel was Prince Landen's must trusted hard. He had been born wealthy under has father, a very renowned knight, and had learned great combat skills at a young age. The prince, who was about ten years younger than he, had snapped up the opportunity to hire this honorable swordsman. His father had served for the royal family for quite some time and Samuel and Landen had forged a nearly fraternal bond together. Landen did not go many places without Samuel by his side and Samuel did not go many places without Landen. It would not have ever occurred in a million decades that Landen would go through these crypts alone, because Samuel would be by his side no matter what. Samuel had ventured into this tomb with Landen, he had heard the voice of the necromancer with Landen and now he was going deeper into the unknown than ever before with Landen. The voice had instructed them to go through a portal. Landen had searched the room with his magic for said portal, until he found one speck of power seeping through one world to another. He had used an immense amount of power to enlarge the split between worlds, and they had stepped through.

The new world was amazing. They had gone in one stride from a musty dungeon that scarcely had fresh air to breath, to a wonderland. There were signs of an abandoned camp nearby, and the voice had instructed them to follow the tracks until they came to a town. Landen would listen to whatever the voice would tell him to do, and Samuel would listen to whatever Landen told him to do.

They had followed these tracks o the town which the voice had told them they would arrive to. It seemed colorful, and surreal. The town had a surreal feel to it and was overly colorful. The town also seemed to be deserted, and struck the two companions as very creepy.

The voice told them to travel deeper in, which they did, until they saw a creature. They stared at this creature, and the creature stared right back at them.