• Published 22nd Nov 2012
  • 3,495 Views, 59 Comments

Daylight's End - Heavy Weapons Guy

  • ...
12
 59
 3,495

Mobilization

Mobilization

The largest cities in Equestria were booming, Their once nonexistent military output had exploded. There was not a single pony that wasn't helping prepare for war. Regardless of the increase in output, The warlike Gryphon's were in the lead of the arms race. The zebras would naturally would be less of a threat than the Gryphon kingdom.

I still had no words for the bond between Twilight and I, for I was still unsure of it myself. We sat on my balcony watching ponies scramble between the buildings along with hammers clanging against metal that could be heard where we sat.

I could not be in two places at once. I sat contemplating my chain of command. I would lead an army against the gryphon's homeland. I would also have capable generals guarding the bordering cities of Equestria. However I needed an exceptional pony to lead the invasion against the zebras. Perhaps...

"Twilight?"

"Yes?"

"I wish for you to lead an army against the zebras. I have faith in you for this task."

Twilights eyes were wide, "W-what!?"

Twilight continued. "What if I fail? I don't think I could handle that kind of responsibility..."

I nuzzled her, "Do not worry Twilight. I will give you my most devoted ponies for the invasion, They would protect you with their lives, With them you cannot fail.

Twilight seemed to calm down a bit. "Are you sure?"

"I am Twilight, But I wish to give you a parting gift first."

Twilight gave me a curious glance.

"Come here, My most loyal subject."

Twilight faced me and lowered her head.

"I have total faith in you Twilight."

I lowered my horn and touched her on both sides of her horn. I channeled magic out of my horn and it started swirling around Twilight.

"Now rise, and be the mare you were meant to be."

Twilight groaned, her horn grew longer still, her coat grew to be the blackest of shades, But the biggest change of all was the quickly growing appendages at her sides. Twilights wings grew to the size of regular pegasi wings and they fully extended once they finished growing.

Once Twilight regained her senses she saw her wings and gasped.

"Am I an Alicorn?"

"No, But welcome Twilight, Now you are truly one with the night."

Twilight bit her lip and rushed into an embrace with me, I returned it without hesitation.

"Thank you Luna.. I'm so proud to be part of your night."

I grinned, "Its nothing Twilight, however there is one more thing I wish for you to receive."

I formed an elegant full body armor suit that would fit Twilight perfectly. It was a shade of blue that complimented her new coat color. Twilight smiled and thanked me again.

"Anypony in Equestria will now obey you without hesitation."

Twilight grinned and nodded, I deemed it time to stop waiting.

"Best not to wait for the enemy, for they are no doubt preparing for us."

Thousands of ponies were already headed to the front lines armed with spears, swords, shields and other various weapons and armor. Pegasi, Unicorns and Earth ponies alike. The largest war Equestria has ever seen was imminent.

"We will be nations apart when this war starts Twilight."

Twilight frowned and nodded. "I know,"

"There will be an army waiting for you in Detrot, Go north from there and invade the Zebrican Tribes. I must go north immediately to meet with the army already headed to Gryphus," (The Gryphon capital)

"I will, Thank you for everything.. Luna."

Before I could respond Twilight kissed my cheek and teleported out of sight.

I sat in shock for several moments and brought my hoof to my cheek. "Twilight."

I took off invigorated eager to end the war so I could be reunited with Twilight as soon as possible. As I flew north blacksmiths were handing out weapons faster then they could make them. There was battalions of ponies marching north along with pegasi formations flying north as well.

Just as I was about to leave city limits I boomed in the royal Canterlot voice

"Move Out!"

Several more groups of ponies started to head out of Canterlot and to the northern front. I flew for miles watching several groups of my army heading north. When I reached the border between Equestria and The Gryphon kingdoms I saw a large camp with several thousand armed ponies.

I touched down and several of my personal lunar guard bowed to me and began catering to my every whim, As much as I wished I could press the attack, I could not defeat the gryphons until reinforcements arrived. I sat and began contemplating once again.

*Twilights PoV*

"I can't believe I just kissed Luna!"

I had been so embarrassed that I teleported all the way out of the city. I wished I hadn't left without saying goodbye. But now Luna was probably already on her way to the Gryphon kingdom. I sighed and tested my new wings by giving them a few flaps. I tried hovering and found it quite difficult.

I landed with a thud and looked around. There was lunar guard ponies heading my way.

"Your Majesty, If there is anything you need while traveling to Detrot just let us know and we will provide to the best of our capabilities."

I gave him a confused look. "Your majesty?"

"I'm fine for now thank you."

The guards nodded and rejoined the group heading to Detrot. I took a deep breath.

"The sooner this is over with, The sooner I can reunite with Luna."

I started trotting with my army and awaited my future command.

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long, I hope you enjoy.

I wish I could write longer chapters.