• Published 22nd Nov 2012
  • 3,494 Views, 59 Comments

Daylight's End - Heavy Weapons Guy

  • ...
12
 59
 3,494

Daylight's End

Daylight's End

I stood upon my balcony. My subjects were already returning to their homes and I had yet to even raise the moon. I sighed and Celestia lowered the sun beside me. I raised the moon and Celestia placed her wing over me. I looked down and Celestia spoke to me.

"Is something troubling you Luna?"

I shook my head. "It feels like nothing has changed."

Celestia tried to reassure me

"Remember Nightmare Night? Things have changed Luna."

I took a deep breath and gave a slight grin at Celestia.

"Thank you Tia, I love you."

"I love you to Lulu."

I smiled when she used my pet name.

"Good Night Tia."

"Good Night Luna"

I started to walk towards Night Court. Not like anypony would be there anyway. Many night guards saluted me as I walked the palace halls. I smiled at them and they continued their duties. When I reached the court room there was many night guards only for nopony to be present. I sighed.

"This will likely be another boring night of court." I thought.

I sat down on a comfortable throne room chair and stayed there unmoving. On a busy night I would likely get four to five ponies that wished for something from the court. A few hours passed but the night was still young when the first petitioner arrived. It was the pony known as "Fleur de Lis"

I stood up straight and asked her, "What is it you wish from the Royal court?"

Fleur licked her lips and opened her mouth to speak.

"I came here since Fancypants could not make it tonight. He wishes for the court to increase interest rate on his bits invested in Canterlot's reconstruction."

I sighed internally, After the changelings attacked many buildings needed to be repaired or rebuilt. However we did not have enough bits to spare an increased interest rate. My response was quickly formed.

"We are sorry Fleur de Lis but we can not spare any more bits for an increase in Fancypant's interest rate. Even thought we are indebted to him for investing in the repairs for Canterlot."

Fleur's face slowly turned into a scowl.

"As you wish.."

On her way out I could hear her mutter.

"Princess Celestia wouldn't have said no."

My eye twitched at this but I let it go. Afterwards I shook my head and took a deep breath. I hated it when ponies respected Celestia so much.

The next up was Hoity Toity. He strode in with his head held high and I asked him the same question I asked Fleur.

"What is it you wish from the Royal court?"

"I wish for import taxes to be reduced on all clothing merchandise that enters Canterlot.

I closed my eyes and groaned internally "What is it with rich ponies who complain about taxes more then the poor citizens of Canterlot?"

"I'm afraid we can't afford to reduce any import taxes incoming to Canterlot due to the Changeling invasion, Bits are needed to make repairs and assist in rebuilding the homes."

Hoity shook his head and scowled "Surely-"

"The answer is no."

Hoity Toity huffed and turned to leave.

"I knew It would be a waste of time to come here."

My eyes flashed white and my muscles tensed. A lot of the guards were giving me a concerned look or glaring at Hoity as he left the court in a stuck up manner.

I took a deep breath "The rich ponies will be the death of me."

I relaxed into my chair and a few hours passed until the next petitioner arrived.

The door swung open and in walked Blueblood with his head held high and servants following in his wake. I bit the top of my lip.

"What is it you-"

"I wish to receive more bits and a larger workforce to repair my estate. The changelings did horrible damage to it."

I raised my hoof to my eyes.

"Blueblood you already have several dozen ponies working on your estate and enough bits to keep a small town afloat. What makes you think you need more?"

He huffed and looked in my eyes. "Because I said so?"

My hoof shot away from my eyes and I glared at the stuck up prince.

"You are not able to demand things from the Royal court Blueblood even if you are Royalty."

Blueblood glared back at me and remained stubborn.

"I am not leaving until I am assigned more workers to repair my estate at the very least."

"ENOUGH! You will leave immediately Blueblood. Thou is dissmissed."

Blueblood laughed, "Celestia is my princess not you! You are just some false pony who pretends to fit in."

My eyes began to burn white and my mane raised into the air. The guards were growling at Blueblood for the disrespect he had shown.

I took a deep breath preparing to blast him out of the court only to collapse and sob. I left the court with tears in my eyes heading off to my bedroom.

Celestia arrived in the throne room to see many furious looking lunar guards surrounding a certain pony.

"What is the meaning of this?! Why did I sense Luna's distress?"

One of the guards approached her.

"This scum insulted Princess Luna, He called her a false pony who just tries to fit in."

Her expression soured in an instant.

"Where did she go."

"She left, Probably to her bedroom Princess"

"Anything else?"

"She.. Was very upset."

Celestia turned to blueblood who seemed to have a frightened look on his face. Celestia gave him a glare that could melt granite.

"I am disappointed in you Blueblood..."

"The last time Luna ran to her bedroom crying..."

There was tears in Celestia's eyes and she turned to blueblood with boiling rage behind them.

"I LOST HER FOR ONE THOUSAND YEARS!"

By now Blueblood was shaking and cowering before Celestia.

"Guards... Get him out of my sight. As of now Blueblood you are disowned from my family and are no longer royalty."

Blueblood looked dumbfounded, He wanted to object but the look he was receiving told him it would only make it worse. Begrudgingly he let the guards take him out of the palace.

Celestia turned towards her bedroom and turned to Luna's bedroom. The door was locked and she cried out.

"Oh Luna..."


I sat on in complete darkness on my black bed crying. One thousand years trapped on the moon and I was still not accepted. I was shivering with anger and sadness. I felt a horrible temptation in the back of my mind. A horrible temptation...

"I was wrong, nothing has changed..."

I slowly got up and walked to my balcony. I closed my eyes.

"Ask not the sun Why she sets..."

"Why she shrouds her light away..."

"Why she hides her glory..."

"When light turn crimson gold to gray..."

I took off and started flying.

"For silent falls The guilty sun.."

"As day to dark does turn..."

I was approaching the Everfree Palace.

"One simple truth she dare not speak.."

"Her light can only blind and burn,"

I had reached the old abandoned palace.

"No mercy for the guilty..."

"Bring down their lying sun..."

I reached the armor fragments of the Nightmare... And reforged them.

"Blood so sliver black by night..."

I touched the reforged helmet with my snout and slowly levitated it upon my head...

"Upon their faces pale white....."

"Cruel moon bring the end.... The dawn will never rise again..."