• Published 20th Nov 2012
  • 2,573 Views, 258 Comments

My Little Wasteland - ThatBronyWithTheClipOns

  • ...
11
 258
 2,573

Chapter 14: Reunions

Once Gummy was done eating the bodies, the Cake Twins gathered up any remaining clothes and weapons so as not to leave any evidence behind.

“Ya’ll do this kinda thing often,” asked Applejack.

“Nah,” said Pound Cake. “Not as often as you’d think. It’s hardly ever this many at once though. On average it’s probably two or three bandits.”

“And you don’t take them in fer bounties,” asked Apple Bloom.

“Nope,” said Pumpkin Cake. “We just live off the supplies that they have on them.”

“Scavengers,” commented Spike. “I’ve heard of them living throughout Equestria. Never really came across any though.”

“We don’t always kill them,” said Pound Cake. “Most of the time we’re able to sneak into camps and take some supplies. We only kill when our location is threatened.”

“I’m not judging or anything,” said Spike. “We all do what we can to survive.”

“Eeyup,” agreed Big Macintosh.

“The big guy doesn’t say much, eh,” commented Pumpkin Cake.

“Not unless he needs to,” said Applejack.

“Alright, we’re all done,” said Pound Cake. “We’ll take you to see Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash now.”

“You all bring any goggles,” asked Pumpkin Cake.

“Uh, sure, for sand storms and such,” said Applejack.

“Then put them on,” said Pumpkin Cake with sly smile.

Everypony put on a pair of goggles as Pound cake began flying around faster and faster to make a makeshift sandstorm. Meanwhile, Pumpkin Cake used her magic to form a protective barrier around everypony and to help expand the storm. While the storm was going on, Pound Cake shifted one of the giant rocks to reveal a hidden passageway. They all headed down, pulling the stone back onto the hole.

“A secret tunnel,” commented Applejack. “Ah’ll be darn tootin. That’s might impressive.”

“I figured you’d be more impressed by our show,” said Pound Cake.
“On right,” said Applejack with a little blush. “That was mighty impressive as well.”

“How come yer cutie mark is a hammer though, if yah did that whole sandstorm thing,” Apple Bloom asked Pound Cake.

“That’s just a side talent,” said Pound Cake. “I’m the one who formed those rock formations with my own hooves.”

“Wow,” said Apple Bloom. “You can break through solid rock?”

“Sure can,” said Pound Cake. “Discovered that talent years ago when we first explored the Badlands.”

“Pound Cake really is an appropriate name for you,” commented Spike. “So how did this tunnel get formed?”

“Combination of Pinkie’s ingenuity, my magic, and Pound’s pounding skills,” said Pumpkin Cake.

“I’m gonna guess this isn’t the only tunnel,” said Spike.

“You’d be correct,” said Pumpkin Cake. “Got a whole network set up throughout. Makes it easier to get around, spying on the various outlaws.”

“You don’t feel bad stealing from others,” said Applejack.

“It’s not as if they’re innocent,” said Pound Cake. “Bet most of their possessions are stolen too.”

“Don’t pat attention to Applejack,” said Apple Bloom. “She’s the Element of Honesty, so she don’t always feel good about what we do.”

“And you are,” said Applejack.

“Well ah wouldn’t say that,” said Apple Bloom. “But it’s not as if we’re going around huntin innocent ponies or nothin. Most of them are choosin to rob and kill just fer the hell of it.”

“Spose you gotta point there,” said Applejack.

“How long have you all been living out here,” asked Spike.

“Five or six years now I guess,” said Pound Cake.

They walked a bit further, till they came to a big metal door.
“Stay here for a sec,” said Pound Cake. “We’ll be right back.”

Spike and the Apple Gang stayed behind while the Cake Twins went in. A moment later, Pound cake opened the door again and signaled them to come in.

“Not a bad place you got here,” said Spike.

“Thanks,” said Pound Cake. “Got it set up with some periscopes too. We can keep an eye out on most of the Badlands.”

“So you say we have visitors,” said a familiar voice.

In walked Pinkie Pie, wearing a blue dress with yellow flowers. But Spike and Applejack noticed something immediately different about her. Her mane and tale were straight and her pink tone seemed less bright. She didn’t even look all that excited to see them.

“Applejack, Spike,” said Pinkie Pie with a slight smile. “It’s so great to see you two. You too, Apple Bloom and Big Macintosh.”

“It’s great to see you too, sugar cube,” said Applejack. “We weren’t sure if you and Rainbow Dash were still alive.”

“I guess that’s reasonable,” said Pinkie Pie. “We all haven’t seen each other in so long. I’ll go get Rainbow Dash.”

“That was eerie,” said Spike.

“Yah aint kiddin, Spike.” said Applejack.

“Whaddya mean,” said Apple Bloom.

“How can you not notice,” said Applejack. “Her mane was completely straight. Not a single curl or puff. Her color was off too. Like the shine was gone.”

“She didn’t seem all that excited to see us either,” said Spike.

“And why was she weain a dress,” said Applejack.

“To cover up her scars,” said another Familiar Voice.

“Rainbow Dash,” exclaimed Apple Bloom.

Apple Bloom ran over to the light blue pegasus to give her a hug; Rainbow Dash hugged back.
“Wow, Apple Bloom,” said Rainbow Dash. “You certainly have grown.”

“Sure is great to see you Rainbow Dash,” said Applejack.

“Same to you, AJ,” said Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash then turned her attention to Spike.

“Holy shit, Spike,” said Rainbow Dash. “You’re as big as a fucking house!”

“Ah said the exact same thing,” said Apple Bloom with a big smile.

“What’s that you were saying about scars,” asked Spike.

Rainbow Dash’s smile went to a mournful brown, and she let out a sigh.

“Pinkie and I fought during the war, as you guys already know,” said Rainbow Dash. “About two years into the war, we got captured and made prisoners of war for like five years. During that time, Pinkie was subjected to all kinds of horrors that I don’t even full know about, nor will I ever ask. Eventually they managed to break her spirits. I myself was mostly forced to live in a confined cage nearly everyday. As a result my wings aren’t able to flex properly.”

Rainbow Dash turned showed them her wings, which were somewhat mangled now.

“Then one night, Rainbow Dash continued. “Pinkie managed to escape from her confinement…and she made are captors pay for what they did to all of us. I won’t go into those details either…After escaping we came across Pound and Pumpkin Cake. They even had Gummy with them. Small world, I guess.”

“What about Tank,” asked Applejack.

“The little guy is still going strong,” said Rainbow Dash with a little smile. “But Pinkie has never been the same, as you probably can already tell. Sure she’ll smile, but you can tell she’s faking it. She doesn’t even laugh anymore. I can’t totally blame her either; she saw the worse of pony kind in that war camp. Famine, death, torture, everything.”

“Ah’m so sorry, Rainbow Dash,” said Applejack.

“Hey, what are ya gonna do,” said Rainbow Dash. “Bad shit happens. Thankfully I’ve had Pinkie, the Cake Twins, and Tank to keep me company.”

“Do you ever think of coming back to Ponyville,” asked Spike.

“Sure I do,” said Rainbow Dash. “But I’m not sure if Pinkie would want to. Almost everything she cared about there is gone. No Sugarcub Corner, No Mr. and Mrs. Cake, not to mention we’re not the group we used to be.”

“Does she hate Twilight,” asked Spike.

“I don’t think so,” said Rainbow Dash. “I don’t think Pinkie Pie is capable of hate. She wasn’t herself when she killed the prison guards. That wasn’t hate, that was rage.”

“Do you hate Twilight,” asked Apple Bloom.

“Nah,” said Rainbow Dash. “I’m the Element of Loyalty, remember? We’re all bonded together since before we even met. But…Pinkie may not still remember that. And I can’t leave her either…we’ve been through way too much together.”

“Twilight is doing well,” said Spike. “Her health seems to be getting worse everyday both physically and mentally. I don’t know what to do. I can’t figure out what’s going on.”

“Maybe it’s because you’re all separated,” said Pumpkin Cake.

“What do you mean,” asked Spike.

“Think about it,” said Pumpkin Cake. “You all said you’ve been connected since before you even met. You’ve all been through so much together, even before the world became what it is. A friendship like that can’t just end, especially when you’re the Elements of Harmony.”

“She’s right,” said Applejack. “Ah’ve been so angry fer so long. But ah still never found myself hatin Twilight. An of all of us, Spike here’s been the most loyal to her.”

“I couldn’t leave her,” said Spike. “She’s taken care of me my entire life.”

“I don’t hate Twilight,” said Pinkie Pie, who just walked back in. “I’d love to see her again. I’ve missed all of you from the very start.”

“Maybe we should ferget this trip in the Badlands,” said Applejack. “Get back to Ponyville and see Twilight.”

“Ah like that idea,” said Apple Bloom.

“Eeyup,” agreed Big Macintosh.

“Great,” exclaimed Rainbow Dash. “The gang is coming back together!”

Suddenly, the large metal door blew up and smoke went everywhere. They all started coughing and had no idea what was going on. When the smoke cleared, they were surrounded again, this time by at least fifty or more ponies of all species. Then a familiar pony walked up to the front.

“Trixie,” exclaimed Spike.

“The Great and Powerful Trixie is taking you all prisoner,” announced Trixie.

“Again with this shit,“ said Apple Bloom with a face hoof. “You gotta be fuckin kiddin me!”