• Published 23rd Dec 2012
  • 6,579 Views, 156 Comments

The Pink Haired Woman - Seran



A man finds a strange looking woman with a Butterfly tattoo and takes her in. her origin is unknown.

  • ...
23
 156
 6,579

The choice

John sat in his room with worry as he listened to his voice mail. A day had passed since the incident and he had refused to go to work or even answer the calls from any Evans in fear of being scorned for the incident. It wasn’t until Fluttershy convinced him to forgive himself that he decided to call them. However he heard his voice mail had several messages and had began to listen to them one at a time.

“Johnny, What happened? I got a call from the police you were shot at by my son. What happened? Are you okay? Answer?”

“Johnny, answer please, I know you’re at the hospital. I… I talked to the police they say he did try to kill you. I’m sorry for that, but please hear me out; this has nothing to do with us, does it?”

“Johnny, it’s three in the afternoon. I know you wanted to take a day off after what happened yesterday, but I at least need some clarification on what happened. Don’t blame us. Joseph was a bad kid, but we didn’t make him that way.”

Johnny, We got the horchata from your friend the sheriff, we asked him how you were and he said you were still a bit shaken up. Please talk to me, I care for you, we all do. Don’t hurt us for one person.”

“John, We missed you again today. I’m just hoping you aren’t mad enough to come to my party tonight. I just need to clear things up. Joseph is going away for a while. You don’t have to see him in a trial. He made his own bed and he was prepared to lay in it. Johnny, don’t hate us because of him, he was just a bad seed. We need to talk.”

With a heavy sigh, John headed to the living room. There he saw Fluttershy watching television. She turned as she caught the figure coming from the corner of her eye. Her smile turned as she saw the expression on his face. “What’s wrong?” she asked.

“I, uh,” his tongue tripped on his words. “Do you want to go somewhere tonight?”

“Well, I have been stuck in this house for the past two days. It would be nice to go out.” She replied with a smile.

“We need to head to a party at five.” He said without changing expression.

“Your boss’s birth anniversary?” she said, still smiling.

“Birthday, yes. I need to talk to him., and hopefully I can make things up for sending his son to prison.”

The room fell silent as he thought of what to do. The biggest thing on his mind was not his work relationship, but his new relationship.

He remembered how he made his promise to follow her to the ends of the Earth, and to another world if he had to stay with her. ‘This is going to be hard,’ he thought to himself as he looked at her, ‘I want to stay with her, but she needs to go back to her world. Andrew said her body change and she has new needs, but her morals won’t let her meet those needs. She needs to get back home. But I don’t want to lose another woman.’ John thought heavily and made his decision, a decision he had promised.

“I need to make a call. Start getting ready, it’s almost time.” John said as he headed back into his room.

John picked up his phone and dialed the contact listed as Andy. The phone rang three times before someone answered. “Juan?”

“Andy, I want to ask you a favor.”

_________________________________________

John and Fluttershy arrived at a large metal pavilion with tables lining each side. Large amounts of people were scattered along the wood floor under the sheet metal roofing. Several were at the buffet, while others were sitting at the tables. The rest were mingling around the floor getting to know one another. A disk jockey played oldies music at a low volume to keep the ambiance steady.

John led her to the tables as others stared at them from afar. From the corner of his eye he could see these were not the gossipy looks he expected. John was confused until he looked down and saw himself doing something he hadn’t done for years. With his hand in a romantic embrace around Fluttershy he was surprised he was even doing it, but he didn’t care. He was happy doing it.

A teenage girl walked up to them with a joyous smile, “I’m so happy for you two,” she said in the most sincere way she could. “I knew you two were going to be a great couple.”

“Who are you?” John was mildly irritated.

“Oh, sorry, I’m Jenna, Gladys’ niece. I was told so much about you by my aunt and how happy you made John, Miss.” She looked at Fluttershy who hid behind John.

“Jenna. Can you please not bring this up, we have been trying to keep it quiet. We need to work some things out before we can make it official.”

“Oh, sorry,” she apologized. “We were just glad to hear you two were together.”

John fell silent as he saw her turn. He called out to her. “Wait. Who is we?” He asked with great suspicion.

“Oh,” she said as she pulled out her smartphone, “a few weeks ago when you saved Fluttershy from the THPA a bunch of internet friends and I started a fan group for you two. Some claimed you two as their OTP and they even have stories of what would happen to you when you finally confess your love.” She navigated to a webpage titled, My Little Visitor which showed images of John and Fluttershy from the past three weeks, taken from distances.

John was both surprised and irritated as he found artwork of them kissing and holding each other in ways he was embarrassed about.

“What would make you think we would be okay with this?” He was annoyed by the startling revelation. “Don’t you ever think that we just want to be left alone? That we don’t want all this attention towards our relationship and our lives in general?” he berated the girl. “We have three days left together and we don’t want to know that there are people googling us every time we exit the house.”

The girl held her phone close to her in a defensive position as she grew frightened of the irritated man. She slowly backed away as a woman came to the girls’ aid.

“I’m sorry sir.” She apologized to John. The woman’s presence calmed him down as Fluttershy tugged at his shirt.

“Forget about it, miss. I was just having a bad day.” John settled down the situation.

After the woman left, they sat down at the closest table. John fell into a startling realization he tried to avoid. ‘Everyone is watching us,’ he thought to himself as he tried to come to terms with the situation. The idea that he had become a celebrity shocked him to the point of wanting to leave town. However even if he left the cameras would still be pointed at him. This frightened him even more.

“Johnny, you made it.” Said a voice John had been dreading to hear. “I hope you’re not upset.”

John turned to see Mr. and Mrs. Evans approaching his table.

“No, I just had some things to clear up.” John replied with a feigned smile at Joe which Mrs. Evans caught.

“Come on, I know you feel bad, but please don’t take it out on us.” Joe pleaded.

“I’m not, I just had to think of how to fulfill a promise.” John looked around as he contemplated on his next move. “Do you mind if we talk alone?”

“Sure,” Joe was shocked by his request what could come after.

“In private.” John demanded. He looked at Fluttershy, “go talk to people, It won’t take long.”

The two men headed towards the nearest building and left Fluttershy to speak with Mrs. Evans, something she felt uncomfortable doing.

________________________________________

At an office a man behind his desk in his office looking over paperwork filed as ‘Equestria.’ He fell silent as he held his head up in his palms. ‘What am I going to do?’ He thought heavily. ‘The president wants a way to show god faith between our worlds and all we have are bodies.’

A soft knock came from the blurred glass door as a man in a suit came in. “Commissioner,” the man called out.

“Yes, Garcia?” The man answered.

“I just got off the phone from headquarters. I think you should hear this.” He replied. “It’s about the portal.”

The man was intrigued. “What about it?”

“Remember agent Alvarez of the FBI?” Garcia answered. “Well, his brother called him, the one who helped him debunk THPA, and he is contemplating on moving into Equestria, along with his new girlfriend, the one who came from there.”

“Why are you telling me this gossip?” the commissioner as confused.

“He asked for permission to go through, possibly get a dual citizenship.”

“Why would he…” The commissioner stopped to think. “This is it!” he exclaimed, “I know what we should do.” He stood up. “We will open the border, and we will send an ambassador to plead that we are no longer seeing them as a threat and show them as an example of our new kinship.” He laughed as he congratulated himself over the new answer. “Call the White House and tell them I got the answer they needed.”

________________________________________

Joe closed the door of the office as John leaned against the desk. “So, what is troubling you boy?”

John sat still as he tried to come up with a way to explain his dilemma. “I– I’m not coming in on Monday.”

“Johnny, I know you feel bad because of what happened with Joseph, but he made his mistakes. This was his third strike and the judge wasn’t going to let him off so easily. There were witnesses…”

“It's not about him.” John interrupted. Joe was surprised. “I’m moving.”

“John,” Joe pleaded, “where are you going?”

“Through the portal.” He replied quickly.

“The portal? But the place is off limits.” Joe was worried, “why are you going through with this?”

“Remember last month when we met her?” He started, “you kept hinting that we would end up together.”

Joe felt he knew where he was going with this.

“I kind of did, and I don’t want to lose her like I did Lucia.” He explained. “I want to be with her, follow her to another world and perhaps finally live in peace.”

“What about your things? Your house?” Joe didn’t want him to go.

“That’s what I want to tell you.” he responded, “My stuff will stay in Dewford, but I want to give the house to you, maybe rent it out or give it to Andrea. My brother is coming to pick up whatever they don’t want and I will give him my winnings. I don’t even think they accept the dollar, maybe they don’t even have money.”

“But Johnny, what about your friends?” Joe was confused with John’s plan.

“Joe, I will live only across the border. I can come and visit every once in awhile.” He sighed. “I just don’t want the pressure of being the man who fell in love with a woman from another dimension. I have been hounded by paparazzi, news crews and bloggers. If I stay and she leaves, it won’t stop. I want peace, I want happiness, I want her. I won’t get that if I stay here.”

“Well,” Joe conceded to his demand. “If that’s what will make you happy, I can’t stop…” he was interrupted by screaming from the dance floor. “What the hell was that!?” he shouted as he looked outside.

“Oh, shit,” John said as he recognized the scream. “Fluttershy!” He said as he ran out the door into the dance floor, dreading something bad had happened.

Author's Note:

HAd some trouble but it is up. Our story is almost over. three years in the making.