• Published 17th Nov 2012
  • 2,089 Views, 36 Comments

Neutrality - Debonair



Good and Evil are caught in a power struggle, while the neutral party struggles to stay that way.

  • ...
10
 36
 2,089

Chapter 6.

"But I never thought they were based on true events." Twilight's pride was once again shot down with a crossbow bolt.

"You better believe it buster," A dark brown mare stepped out of the shadows. "And I applaud your knowledge of this culture humans,"

"Omygoshomygoshomygosh. It's really her." Rainbow rubbed her eyes over and over.

"Of course I would know, it's my culture."

"As it is mine," Clarvious crossed his arms.

"You hail from Arthuria?"

"Why yes."

"Forgive me if I don't believe you."

"I can prove it," I reach for my blade and it splits into the five pieces and I lay them on the ground. Lancelot's Lancer still glowed blue, while Percival's Dragonslayer radiated heat. "These are five of the pieces of the X-Calibur."

"The Peace Keeper." She leaned her head down and took the Lancer between her teeth, and swung it side to side. "Intereshting, ow!" She spit it out and reached for her canteen and poured it down her throat. "Definitely the Shadow Lancer, It's really hard to get the charcoal taste out of your mouth." She coughed black smoke. "And the Wave Crasher, the Mace which belonged to Tristan." She squinted at the Dragonslayer. "The legendary Slayer of Scales, Percival's weapon of choice," The last two took her by suprise. "Are those Galahad's Machetes?"

"Correct,"

"Where are the other pieces?"

"Scattered across the land."

"I could help you with that."

"Treasure hunter?"

"The best, but I only hunt treasure that deserves to be seen or needs to remain unseen."

"So not for your own gain then,"

"Of course not."

"So the remnants of Arthuria are safe?"

"The world is still not ready to behold these magnificent artifacts, and don't bother searching for the map I already have it." She stuck her nose into her saddlebag and pulled out a scroll. "And I think Lancelot left something here for you," She trotted to the mausoleum centerpiece and reared back placing her front hooves on it. She took a deep breath and pushed the lid to off to the ground. The lid shattered on impact causing an enormous amount of dust to fly into the air. She hacked and waved her hoof to clear the air. "Oh god." She coughed "I hate that." She flapped her wings and floated above the box.

"Ah here they are."

She stuck her head in and threw out a pair of golden boots. "Blech Charcoal." She stuck out her tongue, and spit. The Lancer glowed brighter the closer I got to them.

"Are these?" I slip them over my feet. They shrink to fit me. "Lancelot's cavalry boots."

"What are those?"

"They give me the ability to run as fast as a horse at full gallop."

"So that's how Lancelot could joust without a mount." Clarvious scratched his chin. "But why would they be buried at Arthur's tomb rather than his?"

"I have no idea but I think we need to get out of the dark depths and into the light." Daring fluffed her hair. "Because I have to report to the Princesses my findings."

"Everyone follow me." I walk at an increased pace to the exit a hundred yards to the east. Each Pony and Wolf funneled through and Moonfang and I stepped up into the castle. The door rose behind us and not but two steps forward I was tackled by Zecora. Her forelegs squeezed tightly around my chest. "Did you miss me that much?"

"You indeed have that certain flair, would you let me be your mare?"

"Well, um sure, I guess." She made this strange sound like a pup's squeaky toy. "That was both cute and twisted," She smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Now reveal to us your true nature," The Blue Allicorn stamped her hoof on the ground.

"Why should I?"

"Because if you are to work with us, we need to be on equal ground." The White Allicorn said calmly.

"If you insist," I shut my eyes and concentrate, My shoulder blades sharpen and rip out of my back, my eyes open full of tears and to horrified faces. My nails sharpen, my legs snap out of socket and take the feline equivalent. My lower half grows fur, while my top half is covered in feathers. My face stretches and colours to that of a Raven's.

"A Gryphon?"

"Not quite, he's a Panther Raven, a higher echelon of Gryphon."

"Ow that hurts, so much." I fall onto my stomach reeling from the pins and needles transformation. "Ow, ow, ow, oh god."

"My Shining Knight, how are you are you alright?" Zecora wrapped her forelegs around me.

"Yeah I'm fine just it hurts to do that," "

"My Knight with will of steel, I know how to heal." She set me down on my stomach and stood on my back. She kneaded her hooves slowly down my back, her weight fell in just the right places and made me shudder. "My Knight with will of steel, tell me now how do you feel?" She leans down and lays on my back, her warm body and heartbeat made me feel at peace.

"Perfect, Princess may I ask your name,"

"I am Celestia, this slack jawed one next to me is Luna my sister."

"How did your armor change with you?" Luna was wide eyed as well.

"Like I said before they are enchanted like my weapons."

"This armour was made to be used by a select few and for some stupid reason I am one of them." I turn my head to a window to find the sun setting beyond the horizon. "If it wouldn't be too much trouble if we could borrow a room just for tonight?"

"Of course, after all you once lived here, and tomorrow morning I can show you the archives,"

"Thank you your Highness," I slowly rose careful not to throw off my 'Mare' and lower my head to the others. "I will see you tomorrow morn."

"Bye Knight." Pinkie skipped around.

"Have a good rest Shining." Applejack tipped her hat and trotted out the doors with Pinkie.

"Princess may I ask for the use of the ballroom tonight."

"Yes, the castle is yours to do with what you wish, and you Twilight?"

"I wish to sleep here tonight and get an early start on studying,"

"You may use your old room Twilight,"

"Thank you Princess." She bowed and trotted off to her room.

"I gotta get up early, so I can get work over early."

"Night Knight." Fluttershy and Rainbow flew off, to their homes, or home who am I to judge.

"Shall we retire for the night?"

"Though the hours may be creeping, I doubt we will be doing much sleeping." She whispered into my ear in a seductive tone.

"You like being carried don't you?" She made that Squeak sound once more. "Yes it is then." I bowed to the Rulers and searched for a vacant room. "Which do you prefer?"

"While this is one I would take home to Mother, I have grown quite fond of the other."

"Hold on tight," She wrapped her forelegs around my neck. This transformation was faster and less painful than the one before but still left me incredibly sore. I could tell she was a little dizzy from the sudden altitude change. "Are you okay?" She sighed and put her nose to my neck. Her cold nose sent chills down my spine.