• Published 17th Nov 2012
  • 2,089 Views, 36 Comments

Neutrality - Debonair



Good and Evil are caught in a power struggle, while the neutral party struggles to stay that way.

  • ...
10
 36
 2,089

Chapter 13

(Toqilin.)

"I lost him," Kali laid on a rooftop panting. "That took a lot of energy."

"I'm sure it did," Sombra's voice still lingered in the air. "Everything has a shadow, only made stronger by shining light on it. Your Grandfather knew this, so did Hanzo." Kali rolled to dodge Kunai that ripped through the roof. "Even Akechi Mitsuhide fell victim to the shadows and betrayed his master."

"You are not the shadow I was told to follow, you are no more than a tool, an extension of a man who has been lost. You are a weapon, nothing more nothing less." A shadow man stepped onto the roof and clapped his hands.

"You have passed the test,"

"Grandfather?" She seemed surprised as Sombra slid through the tiles on the roof, taking once again the form of the Unicorn and stood next to the man.

"I admit that we were worried, that after all this time you had forgotten your roots." The Shadow man knelt down next to her. "This is not the time to forget, you must stay true to the teachings the have been passed on. They are the only things that set you apart from these invaders from the stars."

"Ninjitsu and Bushido, are very much alive, It appears that Japan has stayed steadfast in it's ways."

"You may reveal yourself." Kotaro shouted. "Both of you." As he turned Hanna crawled onto the roof. "And where is Hanzo?" At the Shadow mans call a slender figure appeared next to Hanna. "Now is not the time for battle though I regret to say."

"It pains me to say I agree. our past must be put aside."

"The calm before the storm, is upon us."

"What storm?"

"The Battle for Earth, Heaven fallen, Hell raised,"

"The End of Days." Sombra finished. "Truthfully, I at one point tried to hasten the process. I still wish to, the top of the world holds the most powerful artifact known to any kind. With it the Equestrians as so they call themselves, have veiled the true condition of the world and shown the inhabitants false hope."

"The true condition of this land is far from what they are led to believe. There is only one who can help us." Kotaro shuddered at the mere thought of working with Hanzo once more. "He is known as, Ronin."

(Hokkaido.)

A man stands in a cherry orchard gripping tight to the sheath of his blade, his long black hair flowing in the wind as the blossoms fall to the ground. He is joined by a Stallion who seems to respect him. "Kon'nichiwa Bushi."

"How goes your search?" Bushi stood 10 hands high, making him almost the size of a full grown. His blood red fur almost completely covered in armor like the man. His mane was black and fell down well past his shoulders.

"No matter where I turn, I still find myself with more questions. What purpose do I now serve, it is no longer a fact of honor. It is pride which I seek, an answer to all my questions but I would settle for just one."

"What you ask is nigh impossible, unless you have the right connections. My father may have such connections."

"After all you have told, he appears to be quite the man, among horses." The Samurai laughed, as they embarked on their new quest.

(VLA NM.)

Martin pieced together an advanced turret sentry, the ground began to shake as what he knew as Zerkers surrounded the complex. "They'll break through eventually," He had an unusual calm about him. "From what I gather the Polymer has evolved, judging by the ooze dripping from the egg, they've become organic."

"You can't be serious Marty, it took humans billions of years to evolve from monkeys, how could they be organic?"

"Cross-Organic Darwinism. X-OD, The parasites can not only take over their hosts they can assimilate and alchemize remember. Becoming completely organic was the goal of the research team,"

"It all makes sense now."

Firewall at fifty percent.

"That backup better get here soon." Martin wheeled in his bike. "Two laser pistols, two blaster rifles, and a Cyber-blade. The only things that can hurt them are themselves and magic. So I'm going to take them out one by one, you three cover me, got it?"

"Whatever keeps me on the trigger end."

"You can't go out there alone," Gilda grabbed Martin's arm.

"You don't have the training."

"I'm a Gryphon that's all the training I need."

"Alright don't act..."

"React."

"Harlei, we won't be able to get you a new body."

"It's fine, I'll take the motorcycle any day,"

"If things get too hot after the firewall goes down book it."

"What about you?"

"I got a Gryphon, finest warriors in the galaxy, we'll be fine. But you can't fight, even if we keep them at bay I can't guarantee the one won't slip by, and fry you."

"Marty don't die." Martin plugged Harlei into the motorcycle.

"This thing has enough firepower to carve you a path. Once clear activate the Holographic rider. Go to the Arthurian Mountain. We'll meet you there."

"But Marty."

"I lost Crystal I won't lose you!"

Firewall fifteen percent.

"Gilda, follow me,"

Warning Firewall breached,

"Let's squash some bugs." Gilda cracked her neck and claws, and readied to pounce.

"Let's make 'em Swiss."