• Published 21st Nov 2012
  • 1,039 Views, 24 Comments

The Odd Lovers - Kaytikookie



From the point of view of Vinyl Scratch. Her journey meeting and falling in love with Octavia.

  • ...
6
 24
 1,039

Meeting Up

When the show was over, i asked Sparkle Pen is she had any VIP passes for us to get to meet the musicians. She saw my eagerness. "Wow, Vinyl! You really enjoyed it! I guess you aren't nearly as stubborn as I thought." Then, she chuckled, "This isn't like concerts you're used to. They let everyone meet them afterwards."
"Great! Then show us the way! C'mon!" I said anxiously. I was basically jumping with anticipation.
"Let's just get this over with." Cream Puff grumbled. Then she winked at me. Sparkle pen led us into a big room with a ton of food on tables along the side and there were also refreshments. They had brownies, cookies, and even fudge! In the middle of the room, the musicians were mixed into the crowd. You could hear lots of talking and laughter. "Woah. This place is cool!" I said. I was drawn in by the food and realized that she'd be here the whole time, so I decided to grab some food first. "Be right back you guys, I'm gonna get me some cookies!"

After I'd loaded my plate up with a lot of food, I decided to go look for Octavia. i backed up, making sure I'd grabbed everything I wanted before I left. I did. I spun around to leave and crashed into Octavia, almost knocking her down! I was so embarrassed and I'm sure I was blushing like crazy. I didn't want to make a scene! "I-i'm so sorry!" I stammered. Trying to keep my cool, which was very hard to do at this point. "Oh, no no it's q-quite alright!" She whispered softly. She had a really beautiful accent! I felt my confidence and coolness come rushing back when I realized that she was shy. "So hey." I scratched my mane awkwardly, "My name's Vinyl. loved your performance. You were awesome!" Dang it! Awesome sounded too odd when I said it to her.
"Thanks!" She said. Louder this time, "My name's Octavia. if you didn't see it in the pamphlet." She still looked embarrassed, though everyone had already forgotten about the crash.
"Oh nah I saw it! i thought you looked really nice too." I probably took it a little too far there.
"Thank you!" She said, "If you wanna hear me play more, you could always drop by my house sometime when I'm free." She pulled out a notebook from a pocket in her bass case and wrote something down. I noticed she had no horns or wings. I always thought I'd like a cool and beast pegasus DJ, but nope. Instead I like a bass playing earth pony. She tore off the paper and handed it to me. "Here is my address and my number. Call me if you want to come over and listen to me play my bass. I can tell you when I'm free." She smiled and me and I couldn't help but blush back. I said I was going to be uncool around her, and I was. She nodded at me and said she had to leave. I said bye and joined back up with my friends.

My friends had two completely different facial expressions. Cream Puff had a huge smile on her face. I think she watched the whole ordeal with Octavia. She got what was happening. Sparkle Pen however, had the most confused look on her face. "What did that musician write on that paper?" She asked. Obviously clueless.
"Oh you know, nothing special. Just her number!" i said. Extremely happy about it too! Cream Puff cheered, but Sparkle Pen still didn't seem to get it.
"Why would she give you her number?" She asked. She seemed baffled and maybe even jealous. After all, she is a big orchestra fan.
"She said she wanted me to come over sometime. and I will." I turned to Cream Puff, "I totally think she likes me too!" And with that simple word, "too", Sparkle pen finally understood.
"Oh! You like her don't you!" She smirked.
"No kidding Sparkle!" I laughed. I was so happy I felt as though Nothing else could be better!

Sparkle flew, Cream walked, and I skipped, all the way back to their house. I said goodbye and went my way home. I had the note tucked in the side of my glasses. I hadn't been this girly in years! I had a party to DJ for too, so I went home, pulled my note out, and taped it on my mirror, so that I wouldn't forget about it. I wouldn't forget about it anyways! I ripped of my suit and shook my hair out. I felt like me again, and I was ready to play some music! I felt like life had gotten 20% cooler and I was pretty stoked about it. And I had so much energy I rocked the party to the ground.