• Published 25th Oct 2012
  • 16,494 Views, 1,394 Comments

Halo: Stranded - The R0fl Guy



The Master Chief is stuck on an unknown planet, and to make matters worse, Cortana's going rampant.

  • ...
123
 1,394
 16,494

Delicate Situation

The Chief and Celestia walked side by side in silence. It was a very uncomfortable situation; neither enjoyed the others presence, and Celestia made sure to keep Chief's weapons well out of range of him. It was not until they had put a fair bit of distance between themselves and the clearing that Celestia spoke.

“I do wish for you to have a pleasant stay here, truthfully, but for that to happen we must put all of our issues behind us,” she said calmly. She continued after a short pause, “All of the violence we have created towards each other, and others, is making this situation quite difficult.”

Chief said nothing in return.

“I understand that after all that has happened in the short time we have known each other, that is asking a lot, but do you not agree?” she asked as she turned her head to his faceplate.

“I agree with you,” he said. “That only adds to why I need to get off this planet,” he added.

Celestia continued silently looking into his visor as if to tell him to continue.

“Myself and Cortana are not meant to be here. I can tell that this world and its people have most likely seen little violence, and it would be best if we left as soon as we could.” He turned his head to face her. “So I need you to tell me: do you know of any way at all for us to get off of this planet?” he asked with the faintest bit of hope in his voice.

“No species on our planet is space-faring,” the princess answered with disappointment.

“No species that belongs on this planet, that is...” Cortana said slowly.

Knowing immediately what Cortana was hinting at, Chief fired off a volley of questions at Celestia, hoping that at least one of her answers would be the one he wanted.

“Maybe so, but have any other humans ever been here? Or any species that may have left some sort of vessel behind?” Chief knew that even for him, this was testing his luck quite extremely, but he had very few options.

“Not that I know of,” Celestia answered calmly as she continued looking into his visor. Almost too calmly, it seemed.

“Then have you ever encountered any strange structures? Structures that may seem out of place?” he asked with a final hint of hope in his voice.

“No structures like that have ever been recorded,” Celestia replied, as calm as before.

Even though Chief had expected nothing of what he had described to exist on their planet, he was still disappointed by Celestia's answers. She sensed that he did not like them.

“I'm sorry,” Celestia said. She then began walking at a faster pace. “Come, we must exit the forest before night is upon us. Once we reach civilization and get you settled in, we will try to help you in any way we can.”

“I appreciate your hospitality,” Chief said, “but I'd prefer not to waste time 'settling' in. Cortana and I don't have much time.”

“Very well, but remember that you will be under watch at all times.” Celestia said, keeping her pace.

“Chief, just a heads up, I detected the faintest increase in her heart rate when you asked her those questions. I don't know what, but I think she may be hiding something. Keep your eyes open and stay alert, I don't trust her.”

“Affirmative.” Chief then matched Celestia's pace, and they began walking in silence once more.

-

Princess Luna lifted aside a heap of dangling vines with her magic. Behind the vines was a larger path that had been somewhat cleared to make travel easier, despite still being quite overgrown. It was a good sign, as it signified that they were nearing the edge of the forest—most likely near Ponyville.

Luna looked back to the six mares in dismay trudging along in an unorderly fasion behind her, and frowned slightly. They have had a rough time during the last eighteen hours—everyone involved in this mess has.

“Come, girls. Just a couple more hours,” she said softly as she began moving again.

Fluttershy was still crying, but her sobs had reduced to quiet sniffles and single tears. She walked alongside Rainbow Dash, who held her close with her wing. Rarity was off to their right, her eyes wandering lazily over the ground in front of her, and Applejack and Pinkie Pie walked a few feet behind her, with nothing but a blank look in their eyes. Other than Princess Luna, Twilight was the only one that seemed to still be registering their situation—just barely—and she walked off to the left of the group, trying to process her thoughts.

None of them knew how to handle any of this. Their everyday lives were based around friendship, peace, happiness, all of the things that made up Equestria, but in less than a day, their lives had been turned upside down. Sure, they had dealt with evil and violence before, but nothing as brutal as this. No opponent they had faced had been this extreme, and seeing so much violence and death shook the peaceful ponies to their very core.

“How are you holding up?” Rainbow Dash asked Fluttershy in a quiet voice.

“I... I don't feel good...” Fluttershy answered weakly. “Can we take a break?” she asked in an even weaker voice.

“Of course,” Luna replied. “Are you injured?” she asked Fluttershy.

“I just feel faint...” she said as she stumbled over to a tree to lean against.

The rest of the group began sitting down to rest, except for Luna, who stood looking over them.

After a few moments of silence, Fluttershy spoke, just loud enough for everyone to hear,

“I just don't know what came over me. I've never felt like that before... I have been angry before, but... I... this feeling was different. I wanted to hurt him, and as bad as he is, I don't like that I felt like that. I just wish none of this happened.” She then proceeded to lay down against the tree, staring sadly at a pine cone on the ground near her.

“It's okay, we understand why you felt that way,” Twilight said.

“How's your neck, sugarcube?” Applejack asked.

Fluttershy reached her wing up to feel the wound, and winced as soon as it made contact with the seared flesh.

“My apologies,” Luna said, “I should have noticed that you required medical attention earlier, but my mind was elsewhere. May I?” she asked as she lowered her horn to Fluttershy's neck. When Fluttershy nodded, Luna's horn glowed a faint blue, and the same colour formed around the burn on the injured mare's neck. Fluttershy gasped slightly, and then it was over. Everything but her fur and some of her burnt tissue had been healed, and the pain was completely gone.

“Thank you,” Fluttershy said weakly. She looked up to see Luna smiling at her. She tried returning the smile, but only got as far as a slight crease in her lips.

“We will wait here until Celestia and the Human catch up with us. Get some rest while you can, girls,” Luna said as she sat down near them.

For the remainder of their break, everyone was quiet, keeping to themselves. They thought about what would happen once they returned to Ponyville and Canterlot, and how the rest of Equestria would react to the extraterrestrial. What everyone was most worried about, though, was how the extraterrestrial would react to them.

Luna did not trust the Spartan at all, and she didn't expect that to change. He had demonstrated extreme aggressiveness when threatened, and when faced against an entirely new world full of new beings, threatened is one thing he is sure to feel. And he hasn't even been exposed to civilization yet.

She would be ready for a fight at all times, but would much rather see the Spartan leave their planet instead. Of course, there is no known way for him to do that, so he would have to wait for his species to find him, and that would mean more humans in Equestria. Luna did not like that thought at all.

With all of these thoughts racing through her mind, Luna almost didn't notice Celestia and the Master Chief approaching the group. As she rose to her hooves, she shot a stern look towards the Chief—which he ignored—then moved to her sisters side, and matched her pace. The girls fell in behind them, and without so much as a word, the group was moving once more.

The girls kept more distance between them and the Chief this time though, mostly for Fluttershy's sake. Even though her stare seemed to be highly effective against him, she doubted she could do it again. The main reasons she would not try to do it again, however, are because she was afraid of trying it again, and she did not like the feeling of anger that came over her before.

When they return to town, she would avoid the Spartan, and hopefully, everyone could return to their normal lives. Oh, how she would enjoy tending to her garden right now, or being curled up next to Angel. She realized that she would have to come up with a reason for her neck being bare and slightly burnt, but for now, she just wanted to think about how nice it will be to return home.

-

“Cortana, watch the yellow one closely,” Chief said.

“Hopefully sh-she's smart enough to stay away from you, f-for her sa-sake,” Cortana replied. Chief could tell that the forest was harming her again; she sounded distorted, and her sentence was broken.

“Are you alright?” Chief asked.

Suddenly, his heads up display began flickering.

“Cortana?” he asked more urgently.

As soon as he said her name, his already malfunctioning heads up display turned red, and Cortana spoke in a devious tone,

“Oh, I'm fine, it's that pony that I'm worried about! Like I said, hopefully she's smart enough to stay out of your way, or she m-might meet your e-energy sword, and this time, Celestia w-won't be able to stop you!”

“Just take it easy. All I wanted was for you to keep an eye on her. Can you do that?”

“Oh, I can do much more than that, Chief. She's an equine, I'm an artificial intelligence. I'm superior.”

“That's not necessary. Just watch her,” Chief ordered. He was becoming very worried about Cortana. She seemed to be attempting to disobey his orders, something that rampant AI's will do. He also knew that normally, Cortana would not be so devious.

“We'll be out of this forest soon,” he thought to himself.

Author's Note:

Short, boring chapter, I know. Just want you guys to know I'm still alive.
Next chapter they'll be out of the forest, and things will get started.
Sorry for the wait.

Stay sexc.

Comments ( 122 )

...well that was short but it was good.

Extremely short but halo, so we're cool.

I will be sexy as long as the chapters keep comi-
2296743Silly Battleship,you can't talk...well not on a Thursday at least.

It didn't feel short.

Then again, I just read a fic on a chan, so everything is short in comparison.



Yay halo! :pinkiehappy::facehoof:

Well it was a good reminder of the current situation. I await more and longer updates.

Like the others have said, short but good.

It's ALIVE!
o(^^o)
 (o^^)o
 o(^^o)
 (o^^)o
o(^^o)
 (o^^)o
o(^^o)
 (o^^)o
*little dance*

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay:

Oh look, another 15 year old writer like me! Welcome to the club, boyo. I like this fiction and I'm guessing the only reason it would be in the featured box is because...

HALO!

But all in all, your fiction is pretty good.

NO MASTER PONY! Or pony chief... or, whatever other combination of pony and master chief you can come up with. Nothing like this
th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/094/b/1/masterchief_pony_by_mrawgirl09-d3d795k.jpg
No... Ponification? Equination? Hoofification?
If he does become a pony, keep his armor and abilities, in which case there is no need for him being a pony. What I'm trying to say is
DON'T TURN THE CHIEF INTO A PONY!
Please

P.S
2296891
It's an assault rifle and a shotgun.

And a mistake!
fasion

So, Celestia is lying to the Chief?
[rampancy] No real surprise there... [/rampancy]

The world is too idyllic for my taste. How can there be little to no conflict, and if that was true, what is the point of the Royal Guards if there is no 'conflict'. It is one of the things that ponies never question. They exist for a reason, and Celestia and Luna seemingly ignorant of it or they just became to accustomed to peace.

The Everfree forest is a perfect example of how jacked up the world can be, and yet the ponies seemingly fail to see that. In the EverFree, the strong survive the harshest of events: Predators, nature, and strange magics. They are so used to controlling everything around them that the Everfree is the weird 'place' when in reality that is just nature doing its thing.

Now imagine what will happen if the ponies seemingly do defeat Master Chief and Cortana, they 'harmonized' (Read mentally mind-rape him) him or simply cast him into stone.

And then the humans show up.

They are not going to be happy with a goofy Chief seemingly smiling ear to ear and acting like a complete imbecile, or a stone art work of Chief. They will take him away and nuke the planet to kingdom come, or if they are angry enough, just have the Arbiter and his fleet glass Equestria.

They have no idea how close to destruction they came, and I feel that should be the next chapter to point out.

They owe their very existence to Master Chief, whether they want to or not.

I saw this in the featured box and thought I'd take a look.
Now I'm having a sense of deja-vu after reading just the description, because I recall having an issue with something like this:

the Spartan is extremely aggressive, and will stray slightly from his objective to harm them if he must.

somewhere before.
Please tell me this isn't particularly indicative of the story as a whole, because if there is one word to describe Spartans in general, and Chief in particular, it's "Professional." They don't stray from the mission, don't attack unless it's to save human lives or follow their orders, and certainly wouldn't do something as monumentally stupid as wasting resources trying to fight an entire undiscovered civilization with unknown capabilities, alone, cut off, and carrying highly classified materials (his armor and Cortana, plus whatever was on the Dawn).

No, I have not yet read the story. I'm actually somewhat afraid to thanks to that little line, and the only reason I'm even commenting is to give you the chance to quell my fears.
So tell me, on a scale of one to ten, how professional does Chief stay?
[Points off for civilian casualties (meaning anything not actively attacking him), unprovoked lethality (they aren't at war, so any killing is murder), deviations from the mission (Mission Objectives: Get back to Earth, remove confirmed threats to humanity (like the Didactic) if possible), lack of emotional control (e.g. getting angry, giving up, falling in love, etc), and either side shooting first and asking questions latter (it's Love and Tolerate v.s. Assess and Plan). Language barriers, breaking points, and Cortana going Rampant will only explain so much.]

Why had must it be so short? Either way good chapter. Just hope chief does not turn into a pony any time soon.:pinkiehappy:

So im guessing Forerunner or covenant structures or something like that in the future

2297351
He's overly aggressive, but mostly because the electromagnetic fields surrounding the Everfree Forest screw with Cortana, and the ponies keep chasing him around inside of it. That used to be what the description said, but I edited it, and the "unprofessional" parts of the story to make more sense.

For those wondering, Celestia is still carrying Chief's weapons, aside from his sword. I kind of left that part out because it just felt too insignificant to mention.

2296813 so when can a battleship talk?

2297603
hmm... I don't really see how good of an excuse that would be, but I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
Be warned; I'm already leery about OOC, so your reasoning had better be good.

2297784
between the hours of 3:55 and 4:00 P.M. on the fourth of July, during a hailstorm.
and only if it's a Tuesday.

2297393 Yes do not make Master Chief a pony it would ruin the best Halo crossover ever! :twilightangry2:

2297784
Mondays. Only Mondays

No offense but now I feel like you're kinds just... stalling the story. the past about 3 chapters have been the exact same thing: them walking through the forest, something bad happening, something stupid happening, and something useless happening. Try progressing the story. By this rate they'll be out of the forest after the events of Halo 6.

Took me too long to get "sexc" :|
Other than that... YES!!

Commence the read:

Me gusta. The only thing I caught was one tense error I think.
Keep on chuggin.

2297351 My personal opinion after reading, -3

Every single instance Chief and ponys meet ends with something or someone being killed by him that didn't really need to (Except once).

Damn good writing though, been awhile since I've disliked a story because of the story and not the writing.

2298718
Okay, now I'm even more worried.
Writing issues I can handle (to an extent) as long as the story itself holds up, but most certainly not the other way around.
I'll still read it for as long as I can handle, but as a long-time Halo fan the idea of a rampaging Chief is rather upsetting.

2298978 If that's the case, then you are in for a baaaaaaad time.

2298978 I thought it was a really good story...

2299027>>2299184
Like I said, I'm still going to read it so that I can judge that for myself.

2299027
No offence man, but if you're not here to read the story, there really is no reason for you to stick around. Especially if you're just going to say things like that.

Sbob suggests you write more, Sbob commands you write more.

OBEY

short but good

Glad to see that another chapter is here :)

Why do I get the feeling Pinkie won't be throwing a welcoming party for Master Chief when they get to Ponyville. :pinkiesad2:

will Cortana hit stage 4 of rampancy and achieve full sentience? Or will she fade into existence? Hope to see more soon, keep goin and stay golden^^

2297273 Well. There are attacks by mythical creatures.....Invasions from things like the changelings....World chaos from Discord....the King Sombra issue, and probably politics we don't even know about...plus things that could have happened the thousand years prior (or the whole waring kingdoms). I'd say they're a little indulged in violent times. If you're going outside the fact that MLP...isn't MLP...and there's crazy nature reality going on in the forest...then there was probably a lot of pain, death, and starvation that they would have had to deal with in history as well.

Also, I think they could basically just release the physics defying Draconicus...and stop any nukes. Discord could probably turn the ships into clouds, the missiles into mist or sunshine, the particle beams into confetti or something like that. So, no, they're not really in any real danger if they defeat chief. And they shouldn't be new to this kind of stuff.

2300375 right, and he is just going to help the ponies out if the kindness of his heart. I get the feeling he would just sit back and watch the chaos unfold. At thus point. That said, I like to see him stop several MAC shots or several dozen nukes or even entire covenant ships from glass.

And even IF he did beat these, the response would no doubt escalate to the point where SHIVA nukes wouldbe used aand those are planet killers by themselves, doesnt even need to be launched at the planet, vould just place it in orbit and set it off while discord is busy with other stuff, or the entire might of the either UNSC or the separatists fleets. Even a suppose God would feel fear from that. And in the story, Luna and Celestia are not as powerful as they think they are. Since chief was able to lay a hand on them and almost kill them.

Poor Misunderstoodershy.

2299446 I appologize for any offense I have caused.

The guy I was talking to stated he disliked something, and I was hoping to put in a humourous response that also reflected my personnal view (I think it was a south park meme, "If you came for X in Y, your in for a bad time." )

That was insensitive to anyone who liked this fic, in retrospect now that I think about it, and in turn I say sorry to any this apology could apply.

I'll remove my comments if you so wish R0fl Guy (I know you could as well, but I'd like to get the thought out.)

2300543
I understand now, haha. Thanks for the apology though.

2300432 Busy? :twilightsmile: He could probably just snap his fingers be done with it. Same thing for the..."planet killers". Sorry, but..science doesn't beat things that bend reality and physics. He doesn't even need to destroy it...just make the explosion not react in the way an explosion does..turn the flames and destruction into something friendly. Also, he wouldn't just.....let it happen because death and destruction pretty much isn't his style. Well, not that method of it. Discord is a comedian in what he does. Sorry, but not amount of fire power can beat you when you can just change reality at will. There is no limit for chaos, its all around you, in everything you do, everything you create. All these weapons, these ships, these creations...are all basically chaos. He can control an manipulate all of it no problem. He's basically a god of it. That's why harmony was set as the only thing to beat him in the show.

And to be honest, Celestia and Luna should be more than strong enough to just remove Chief from existence ( crush his head, teleport him, freeze him, etc. His gear is gear, not magical artifacts). That doesn't make Chief or anything else any less cool. I mean, the Didact. We all saw what happened in that first confrontation, and we still love chief nontheless even though he could just been murdered on the spot. Being if Celestia and Luna were ruthless enough to simply kill him without question, it seems like it should be a very trivial feat. But they're not, they're trying to help and promote peace because dishonorable/pointless killing of each other could only be described as an act accompanied by a state of retardation

I understand the need to have Chief look like 7 feet of badassery, but beings that can shift celestial bodies should really only be able to be defeated by other types of Magic. This seems like this whole weaker than we though thing stems from Chrysalis beating Celestia in season 2 (which could be arguably excused and explained canonically) though that whole sequence was honestly just a plot device to have the main 6 or new characters be the hero's in some way to promote a new Princess that disturbingly looks like that pink toy model of Celestia ; even though Lauren Faust came up with her design( and also wasn't supposed to be an Alicorn originally).

I do not have a problem with how Cheif can handle them however, hes a main character, hes a favorite, he needs to be active. I can still enjoy that and the story together, but that doesn't debunk anything else. I mean, it's a cool concept and all, and at the story's base seems like a shot to show how big chief's dick is to everyone. (which is entirely okay, I mean that is what we are all here for. Ponies and Master Chief doing things that are inarguably jaw dropping) You can't just see one example, and then just throw a badass character into another universe and just say they can handle the other characters just because they're a badass, ignoring simple things like the reality of both worlds when you compare them.

Just because you hear of great and powerful weapons being shoved around at armies and what not, wiping them all out, and what so ever, doesn't mean you can just throw that into a world with magic that defies all logic and physics. That pretty much beats anything when basic laws of physics that human beings have to follow can just be ignored by others such as discord...or some of the other immensely powerful beings on that planet. That's why the Ponies, use they're way of defeating villains and etc, because that's a sensible approach. Magic vs Magic. Can't change, or manipulate each other. It's just a battle of wills at that point.

That's just were I stand on things.

2300607 I'm going to stop you right here. You call him a god when he is clearly not. True, he is powerful and do all the things you say he can, but he is not omnipresence, all seeing and knowing.

Cause if he was, then he would of know the Elements had gathered and healed from being Discorded. He would of know that they were going to use the elements against. What does he do? He sits in the chair and laughs at them, cliche evil guy moment, but once he realize what was happening, does he teleport away, nope, he acts shock as hell before they hit him.

That means he is not all seeing. So I doubt he will be able to stop every single missile or MAC shot if they were shot at every point of the world. And even then, if the detonated a nuke or Shiva in orbit, those reality bending power of his wouldn't be quick enough to stop the force of the explosion from crushing, burning, and blowing everything within range before he snapped his claws. True he might stop quickly enough, but the damage will be done. He even he can't raise the dead. Then there are ODST and orbital observations. A single sniper round can kill Celestia or Luna, if not kill them, at least ruin their day, and those sniper rifles have some range on them. Magic is powerful, but so is science.

Better yet, let's just open a slip space rupture inside atmosphere, and we all seen what happens when that event occurs. Discord is powerful, bit he is not a god 'god'. If he is, he is a really bad one at that.

2300835 Dear, being a god doesn't make you omnipotent. Look at Greek mythology. Also, reality bending powers....don't have a certain speed. They just happen. That is why they go against reality. There is no running out of time in that scenario. And technically, that is all still chaos. All that destruction could be prevented, or pretty much undone if he can do what he did to the world. And science...is only powerful when it has the reality to fight against. That's what science, that's what it comes from, what it is built upon. All this talk of rifts, bombs and what not, would probably not even happen.

This is the problem with Cross-Overs and scenarios like this. Also, you can not compare what happened to him in the show to something like this either. The writers are not going to have Discord get away to cause anarchy in some place else in the world. He had to lose and be recaptured to show good triumphing over evil, in case the fact that it's still a show targeted at a family audience just slipped under the radar. If this is has to truly be a fanfictioned cross over, then things like that can not apply. Also...he did kind of know they were going to use the elements, and that they found them. Hence why he was following and basically trolling them the entire way about the concept.

Everything is set up, so characters and events can be be handled by characters and events from their own universe. It's the only way that makes sense. That's why Chief and things like the Covenant exist in their own world as well. They are equipped to deal with each other and what they can do to each other.

I mean, when it comes to moving the Sun, and moon, and bending what you perceive as possible and not possible, you can clash two things such as this without having a good amount of charisma within your writing Style. That's just how things are.

Which in that, Kudos to you THe R0fl Guy. I applaud your ability to create something in this manner that is still very much able to become engrossed in. That takes skill and finesse in character structure and design.of plot and I enjoy that.

2300835 In every sense, I have made my point here, I think the majority can see that. Before we both go beyond reason, I think we should just agree to disagree. That would be best. The comments section isn't made for arguments such as this. It's made for constructive criticism or praise for the material presented. I am done with this discussion, I hope you are a well. :twilightsmile: Have fun and good luck in the future, darling. :trollestia:

2300984 You cheeky little bastard! You think you are so fucking smart. Oh yeah snap the claws and everything is fine.

I can't tell you how wrong everything you said is! You are making Discord too powerful, of he had all those abilities, then elements or 6 little ponies would been nothing to him.

Let's not forget the fact the a Shiva nuke kills half the planet. Time? You are shitting me right? He snaps his fingers and shit happens. That right there is a full second or two for anything to happen. Ponies died, forests and cities vaporized, and the ground cracked from the force! Oh but I can fix it, ignoring the fact that all my reality bending powers can not affect the dead, because I can break reality without consequences! Never mind the fact there might be some traumatized ponies who just experiences a horrific death and could go through it again.

Everything has a limit. Discord shown that in the series, if Celestia and Luna can fight him to a stand still and yet chief can hurt them then he is a pretty poor god and wouldn't take much for chief to take him down if he got the jump on him.


Discord is guy with a lot of power and a chip on his shoulder. HE! IS! NOT! A TRUE GOD OR HIGHER POWER!

2301034 You are completely unreasonable, it seems. And you are going out of your way to insult me. I was hoping this would not sink to petty things like that, but it did. But it did. And apparently you didn't read any of my posts too carefully (which were following the basic rules of logic and understanding, so there's no exaggeration). What a shame. I actually thought I could have a civil discussion with you. Guess not. That is too bad. In any sense of maturity or social capability, my previous statements still stand. As I had just written, this conversation is over. Smile for the camera, dear. People are always watching. :twilightsmile:

2301107
"People are always watching"
Like me. :ajbemused:

Login or register to comment