• Published 24th Oct 2012
  • 2,351 Views, 114 Comments

Son of Chaos - twow443



Discord has returned one last time to spread chaos, and he plans to use his son to do it.

  • ...
11
 114
 2,351

Deadly Storm

Chapter 8-Deadly Storm

“Uhh, my head.” I groaned, returning to reality. “What happened to me?” The last thing I remember was....” I gasped. “Discord!”

I quickly stood up, then swayed as I almost passed out again. When Discord had zapped me away, it must have drained all of my energy. It even took all the energy I had in my necklace, as I shook it.

“Wonderful.” I whispered. “Where am I anyway?” I took the time to look around, and saw that I was behind Sugercube Corner. “Could've been worse.” I mumbled. “I should try to get some energy.” I thought as my stomach rumbled.

I was about to cross around to the front, when I remembered why I had been back in Canterlot in the first place. “Right. Thanks, Filthy.” Annoyed, I shifted into my disguise of Starlight and crossed to the front and into the town.

As I walked, I sensed a lot of fear and...anger? I assumed that it was because everypony though that I had bitten Filthy. That reminded me, I needed to go talk to him about that. I kept my head down and made my way towards Twilight’s house, feeding off of the emotions around me. That stopped as I heard a voice call out the name of my disguise. “Starlight!”

I turned and looked up as I saw Derpy flying towards me. I waved as she landed. “Hi, Derpy! What's up?”

She focused on me, not having her usual smile on her face. “Where have you been? Did you hear what happened to your cousin?”

“Fluttershy?” I said, not having to fake my panic. “What happened?! Is she okay?!”

Derpy shook her head. “No. You remember Shade, the changeling?” I nodded, keeping a straight face. “Two days ago, Rainbow found Fluttershy unconscious at the entrance to the Everfree Forest. When she woke up, she said that Shade attacked her!”

“What?!” I yelled.

Derpy continued. “We haven't been able to find him, but Twilight said that she was gonna put a spell on Ponyville.”

“A spell?” I wondered. “Do you know what it was supposed to do?”

“Um, I think it's supposed to force Shade to look normal.” My cross-eyed friend said. She lowered her voice. “I don't think that he did it though. I spoke with Shade and he would never attack her.” She looked down, then looked back up at me with her normal smile. “Gotta go. Letters to deliver!” She took off into the sky.

I was furious, but worried. Who attacked Fluttershy? It couldn't have been Chrysalis or Misty. They fled the country after I had scared them by acting like my mom. It had to have been Discord! But, how did he know that Fluttershy and I were a couple. That was the reason our necklaces had different gems, so nopony would be able to easily tell. I felt my fangs starting to grow, so I ducked my head and ran. I needed to find somepony I trusted.

. . .

I burst into the library and shut the door behind me. Tired, I didn't notice that I had shifted into my unicorn form. I jumped when I heard a voice say, “Shade?!” I looked over and saw Spike standing at the bookshelf, giving me a strange look.

I held my hoof to my mouth and pointed towards the stairs. “Twilight's here?”

Spike nodded, then walked toward me. When he reached me, he motioned me to sit so we would be eye-to-eye. As I did that, he proceeded to slap me across the face.

“Ow. I'm pretty sure I deserved that for something.” I winced.

Spike grabbed my mane, effectively forcing me to look at him. “Tell me the truth. Did you attack Fluttershy?”

“No. Why would you think that?” I replied.

“I don't know.” Spike responded with a trace of sarcasm. “Maybe the fact that when Fluttershy woke up, she was crying and we could only understand that you apparently attacked her.”

“I was in Canterlot!” I barked at him. “And I don't have time for accusations! My mother was captured by Discord two days ago!”

Spike's eyes widened. “What?! Where is she?”

“I don't know.” I sighed. “That's why I was going to talk to Twilight. She might be able to help.”

Spike shook his head. “No. You need to get out of here right now.”

“Why?” I asked.

Spike started pushing me to the door. “Because Rarity and Applejack are here, and they think that you hurt Fluttershy. If they see you..”

Oh, right. I quickly turned to dash out the door, when a magical force grabbed my tail and yanked me to the middle of the room. I looked up to see Rarity and Applejack towering over me.

“Uh, hi?” I managed to say.

“Twilight!” Applejack yelled, even though Spike was motioning for her to be quiet. “You might wanna come down here!”

I tried to stand up, but Applejack put her hoof on my chest. “Wait! I can't talk to her yet! I need to talk to Fluttershy!”

“That's exactly what you will NOT be doing.” Rarity said sternly.

“But I..” I stopped as everypony heard hoof steps.

“Okay, so I was thinking about that spell and there's s different one that I can use...” Twilight stopped as she saw me lying on my back with AJ's hoof on my chest.

I felt a cold shiver of fear run though my body as I felt pure, unbridled rage flow from Twilight. This had been a horrible idea coming here. “Shade. Why are you here?” she coldly asked.

Rarity and Applejack backed away from me as I stood up. “I needed your help. Do you know where Fluttershy is?”

Twilight walked up right in front of me. I felt my legs shaking in fear as she stared at me. “You would come back here and ask me where my friend is after what you did to her?” I could have sworn I saw fire flash in her eyes. “I was right before. We really can't trust changelings.”

“That's not true!” I yelled.

“Yeah?” Twilight barked, lifting me up into the air with magic. “You only used Fluttershy for her love, and then threw her away! Well you know what? I'm going to make sure that you NEVER have the chance to do it again!”

Twilight dropped me on the ground. Before I had a chance to focus enough to teleport away or use a spell, Twilight put her hoof on my shoulder. She shut her eyes and her horn started glowing white. Then, with a blinding flash, everything disappeared.

. . .

Rarity, Applejack and Spike shielded their eyes from the light of Twilight's spell. When the room cleared, Twilight and Shade were gone.

“Applejack!” Spike yelled. “Why did you tell Twilight that Shade was here?”

“Because he needs to pay for what he did.” The orange farm pony replied.

“Yeah, but with DEATH?” Spike replied.

Rarity gasped, “Spike, whatever are you talking about?”

“You weren't here when Rainbow told Twilight what happened with Fluttershy. She was so mad, she tried to teleport to where he was. Thirty-seven times.” Spike said. “She couldn't reach him, but she said that if he gets near her, she'll erase him from existence!

“So you mean?” Rarity said, paling.

“Yeah.” Spike said. “Twilight's gonna kill him.”