• Published 23rd Aug 2013
  • 570 Views, 0 Comments

Luna and Twilight: Fix-a-Flat - Barrobroadcaster



Princess Luna and Twilight decide to take a joyride when they encounter a little travel difficulty. But surely two powerful princesses will be able to accomplish something as easy as changing a wheel right? Right?

  • ...
2
 0
 570

Out of the Shop

Canterlot castle's garage had a full staff of attendants ready to service the royal vehicles at any time. Maintained by only the best mechanics in all of Equestria, the royal carriages were kept in top-notch condition for use at a moment's notice. Not many were aware of this but the carriages themselves were almost as old as the princesses that used them. Used for diplomatic travels and special occasions, they normally occupied a quiet space in the garage just waiting to be used.

The massive garage door at the rear of the castle rose filling the large room with sunlight. It was early in the morning and the castle still hadn't woken up yet. Two figures stood in front of the entrance as the garage opened.

"It's been a while since I took the royal carriage out for a spin," Princess Luna admitted. In truth, she'd only used her own personal carriage one other time in the last thousand years. While still clean and maintained, somewhat less attention had been given to it than her older sister's carriage. In the back of her mind, Luna wondered what some of the ponies who worked on it thought as they managed its upkeep in her absence.

"It looks like it's still in good condition," Twilight Sparkle remarked. The two approached the darker vehicle sitting next to an equally regal and lavish white one. "I can't remember the last time I rode in a royal carriage."

"Now that you're a princess, you'll get your own. Something to reflect your own power and visage that emphasizes the nobility of all of Equestria," Luna stated in a proud tone.

Twilight didn't know about all of that. Being a princess still made her nervous at times; it was something she approached with caution. She didn't know what to expect, what would come next but did her best to understand her new role in Equestria and embrace it with the same enthusiasm she had for being Princess Celestia's student. There was still a lot she didn't understand but she did her best to show confidence.

Luna took notice of Twilight's uncertainty. "Do not worry, Twilight Sparkle. All these things will become clear in time. For now, let us enjoy ourselves?"

Twilight smiled and nodded. It wasn't often she spent time with Princess Luna so they had planned a little outing just the two of them. It was a time to let go of the worries and relax with a friend that they she didn't get to see as often.

The castle entrance to the garage opened and two royal guards hustled out.

"Good morning, ladies!" the first guard announced in a thick accent. "We ready to go out for a drive?"

The other guard struggled to put on his helmet. "I'm sorry it took so long, your majesties. Had trouble finding my Lunar Guard outfit."

Luna smiled pleasantly at the guards. The royal guards of Canterlot served both Luna and Celestia and had sets of armor reflecting who they served specifically at the time. Normally though, they slept during the night and so wearing attire representing the Princess of the Night was kept for special occasions.

"It's quite all right. Twilight and I are ready and looking forward to today."

"Absolutely miss! Ah, haven't introduced m'self to the newest princess," the first guard said. "Name's Skygrip and this is me mate, Bracer."

"Hello, your majesty," Bracer said with a short, polite bow.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both," Twilight returned the bow.

"Awright, now, just let us harness ourselves up and we'll be good to go," Skygrip said. The two ponies took care to place the harnesses around themselves and then pulled the royal wagon towards the entrance of the garage. Twilight and Luna stepped aside as the two guards rolled the carriage out into the castle yard.

Dark and sleek in color, it clearly represented its owner. The bold purple of the frame was a glaring contrast to the sunny landscape around them; this was a carriage meant to be used at night, not day. But it would serve its purpose now even if it did look a little out of place in the early morning hours. Luna stepped up to it from behind and entered the carriage.

Twilight was a little nervous and even reluctant to step into the car of the carriage. But she was also excited. Eagerness won over hesitation and she carefully stepped onto the hard wooden frame of the royal wagon.

Skygrip turned around to look at the princess. "Where to, ladies?"

Luna turned to Twilight. "Where do you think we should go? Take a nice tour of the countryside? Or maybe head north to the Crystal Empire?"

Twilight was surprised. Luna was letting her decide? She hadn't really thought of any place she really wanted to go. "You're letting me choose?" she asked. "I don't know; I hadn't really considered any place."

"It's all right, miss!" Skygrip called back. "We'll take you wherever your heart pleases, we will!"

Twilight put a hoof to her chin and thought. "I still don't know... maybe you should decide."

"Hmm," Luna pondered. "I have a better idea. Skygrip?"

"Yes, ma'am?"

"You may indulge yourself!"

The royal guard Pegasus smiled back. "Absolutely, miss!" Both guards spread their wings and the carriage lifted off the ground. Twilight felt herself lurch backward in the car as the sudden burst of speed took them into the air. Soon, the night carriage was flying high and fast away from the garage behind it. Twilight looked back to see the castle already a good distance away from them as they soared.

Luna turned to Twilight. "Twilight, there's one thing you should know about riding in my carriage."

"What's that?" Twilight asked, a little nervoucitement in her throat.

Luna's horn glowed. "When I ride, I do it in style!" She unleashed a spell from her horn that enveloped the sides of the carriage. Gray storm clouds appeared around the frame, encompassing the wheels and body. Lightning crackled and surged from the clouds and began blazing an electric trail through the heavens.

"Wahahahaha!" Luna laughed. "Sometimes, the moon can still be seen even while the sun is shining! Today, this moon shall shine brighter than the sun!"

Twilight was a little shocked at Luna's display of 'style'. Part of her was a bit frightened now and she wondered what she was getting herself into. Wherever they were headed, they were going to be noticed.

Author's Note:

Simple little story, I've always wondered about Luna's own royal guards and her personal transportation.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment