• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 1,958 Views, 33 Comments

All Good Things - Jasmine_Vonstarlight



After Luna's return to Equsetria, both she and her sister must learn to adapt to each other again

  • ...
1
 33
 1,958

Chapter 1

All Good Things
Chapter I

/Luna’s Point of View\

What is all of this? Where am I? Am I dreaming again?

Just as I slumped down into myself, I felt someone pick me back up, as if I was propped against a pillow of some sort. I tried my eyes but the light burnt my pupils, why is it so bright here?

I buried my head in the pillow, only to discover that it was... alive? All I remember was some blast of warmth, and suddenly Tia was there, I forget what I said though...

Maybe if I flattered her, this isn’t the moon. Maybe some sort of internment... place... This could be a spellbound plush of some sort, an obvious attempt to keep me company. That was quite nice of her.

Well, I guess I should try my eyes again, plushies aren’t normally luminous anyways. It’s white; a polar bear maybe? No, it’s too skiny. And it has a mane, it must be a pony of some sort.

Hold on.

T-tia?

She smiled down on me with a grin of pure radiance that emanated affection. Surely I’m dreaming again, and I’ll wake up crying like I did during the first couple decades. Who am I kidding? I can’t cry anymore, the rest of the centuries I forgot how to, after wallowing in self pity for the first fraction of time. If I'm dead, maybe I could remember after all these years!

“I’m here, dear sister”,

She responded, mane flowing majestically. I still had my head hidden in her fluff, as it was still too bright in my dream. She wrapped her wings around me and drew me in, just like she used to when I was small. I never thought that after those years I could weep again, but I suppose this is too much. Quiet tears slid down my face and soaked into her mane, knowing full- well what would await me when I roused from my slumber.

“Why do you weep, my Luna?”

No matter how many times I see you in my dreams, you can never again materialize in my existence, Tia. how many more years do I have? Last time you told me 124”.

I used my dream encounters with my sister to keep track of how much time I had left on this rock. There was a long time when I stopped dreaming altogether. Thank the stars that didn’t last forever.

I sleep quite a lot here on the moon; when you wake up, there is literally nothing to do here except sleep. I won’t be afraid to admit that I’m completely disconnected from reality and live in a dream world. I really don’t like to think about that empty period though...

“My sister, whatever do you speak of?”

Is this not a dream, Tia?

“No, silly. I think it is time you opened your eyes”

She said that last bit with a motherly tone and with a wink- and- nudge type of attitude. I’ve heard this one before. Sure it’s not a dream, that’s what you said last time...

What is all of this?

Celestia's point of view

I have forgotten what it was like to hold my sister, my own flesh and blood. What a beautiful, innocent creature. The guilt I previously felt is now pure joy and affection for the loved one I have lost. Luna is my prodigal son.
It makes me feel old just looking at her, she literally has not aged a day from my last sight of her so many years ago. It is as if my little Luna was paused and that nightmare filled in the void.
She remains equally as soft and warm as she was, and as I draw her into my wings, she feels like my baby sister once more. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think I’m glad she grew into Nightmare Moon during those thousand years, for if she hadn’t been transformed, I would be gazing at an adult alicorn and not the child I love.
I feel as if I can relive my younger days once again, and be the big sister I once was, even though our parents no longer reside in the castle. I hope she can take to that change, as I may have to fill in for...

“T-Tia?”

Thank the gods, she’s awake. I was beginning to worry for her after she was hit with the elements of harmony.

I am here dear sister,

I say with a smile, ecstatic that I can once more converse with her. I cradle her with my wings, feeling as is some void has been filled. But something is wrong, the burrow she has made in my mane feels moist, as if she has started... crying? I look down and see silent droplets of water streak down her face and act as prisms in the morning sunlight. What could she be crying about, surely she doesn’t miss the moon.

Why do you weep, my Luna?
She shifts uneasily and I bring her closer to me.

“No matter how many times I see you in my dreams, you can never again materialize in my existence, Tia. how many more years do I have? Last time you told me 124”.

What in Equestria is she talking about? Does she think she is dreaming? I don’t think I’ve been communicating with her through dreams, even my mages have trouble with that. Even if I was, I surely don’t remember anything from 124 years ago. Not that I can’t, it was just an uneventful year apart from the slight tax reduction.

My sister, whatever do you speak of?”
“Is this not a dream, Tia?”

There’s that name again, how I love it. My sister really hasn’t changed after all these years. But I do think it is time to fill her in on reality.

No silly, I think it is time you opened your eyes.