• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 1,959 Views, 33 Comments

All Good Things - Jasmine_Vonstarlight



After Luna's return to Equsetria, both she and her sister must learn to adapt to each other again

  • ...
1
 33
 1,959

Chapter 10

All Good Things
Chapter 10

/Luna's Point of View\

EDITED, sorry for the embarrassing mistakes with the previous release. Editing at 12 AM does not work very well :P

I climb to the top of my tower, and trot happily through the observatory, excited to watch Tia deliver her speech. Looking down, I can see that someponies have already began gathering is the castle courtyard, a lush, open space full of grass and furnished with more marble architecture. Whoever built this place really like his marble columns...

Towards the back of the courtyard sits a tall stage with a regal podium, that must be where Tia will be speaking from. Down below, the ponies are looking a little unsettled, maybe even nervous. What are they all so anxious about?

Time passes as Busy Body aids me in setting up and calibrating one of my smaller telescopes, training it on the podium as Tia climbs the stage. The ponies all bow for her, and her arrival is punctuated by the sound of trumpets.

Her horn glows, and when she speaks, she uses the Royal Canterlot Voice to ensure that everypony can hear her. Even I can hear her voice reverberating through my windows.

"Good afternoon everypony, distinguished members of the press, and Canterlot citizens. I have organized this event in order to elaborate on a current event that so many of you have already heard about."

Busy Body put a hoof around me, and even he seems a tad nervous.

"What is everyone so scared about, Mr. Busy Body?", I ask innocently.

"Well, Miss Luna, as you can expect, whenever the Princess or another royal calls an official event after a big event, there are certain... political repercussions that come afterwards."

"What does that mean?"

"In recent history, there have been a couple of separate political parties that have sprung up in an attempt to remove your family from power. Such as the Equestrian Democratic Party, the Libertarian Equines, the Anarchist Party, the Socialist Union... the list goes on and on, Miss Luna."

"Do they hate us?"

"Well, some of them do. They don't believe in the merciful monarchy that your sister currently runs. Personally, I think we are better off with one central leader, but a huge burden is put on her shoulders."

I turn back to my telescope to watch Tia a bit more, and I notice the ponies are starting to get restless. Then she began to break off from the words on her podium, reassuringly saying

"Mares, gentle stallions, please! Everything will be alright! I assure you that Nightmare Moon is no mo...", and then something flew on stage.

I can't get a good view of what it was, but the packed crowd is now writhing, and three royal guards tackled the object, which began smoking profusely, and...

Oh sweet Celestia, it exploded.

Tia is being pulled off of the stage by three more guards, while she protests her need to help the injured guards. The one that had dove in first is now bleeding profusely from his stomach, lying on the stage in agonizing pain, and yet another with a leg twisted the wrong way...

I can hear their shouts from up here, all attacking my sister,

“YOU MONSTER!”

“You brought back Nightmare Moon!”

“That’s what you get!!”

“This is what our government gives us!”

A frantic voice tells me "Come Miss Luna, it is no longer safe here", as I am picked up by magic.

"NO!", I protest. "NO, TIAA!"

We gallop down the stairs back into my room, and charge out the door, nearly running over a couple of maids on the way out. A few guards gallops along side us as Busy Body transfers control of me to another unicorn guard.

"What's going on?! I don't understand!", I cry, but the guards remain stoic in attitude, forever resolute in their duty.

“Hurry Quintius, the Princess is already in the crisis room”, one of the guards say as the he passes the one carrying me.

“Have you secured the courtyard, commander?”, he asks as he receives a grunt in response. He gallops at his full speed as he reaches the end of a dark corridor, covered in painting of the Equestrian ruling class. What in the hay... where did this door come from? And a staircase? Are we going to some bunker or something?

I continue my screaming, and I still don’t know what is happening. Why would somepony lob a bomb at Tia? What has she ever done in malice? Wait.

Are they mad at me?

We reach the end of the long staircase, and continue trotting a narrow, dark hallway, with walls alight with torches.

“Where are we?”, I blubber through my tears.

“The catacombs, your highness. Also the location of the crisis room”.

“What is a cry-sal, crystal room?”

“Crisis room, your highness, it is where you are your sister are placed in the event of an emergency”, he grunts back.

“Tia will be there?! Is she okay?”

“I pray that she is your highness.”

We arrive at a door the size of the hallway itself, and as we approach it, it glows with blue magic as it opens, revealing a unicorn inside acting as a gatekeeper. Inside this cry- something room much like the castle, only poorly lit. Marble architecture, a tall ceiling that reveals stalactites, and a whole host of nurses, doctors, and soldiers bustling by at a fevered pace.
Rushing past us is a group of nurses with one of the injured guards being pulled behind them. His wounds look even more grievous up close. His cadaver had been blown open, ribs exposed, blood staining his white coat.
The guard transfers my to a unicorn, who rushes me through the cavern to a thick metal door labeled ‘royalty’. The lock she is now fiddling with is one of arcane nature, and as she completes the sequence, the door slowly creaks open to reveal a blindingly bright, white washed room.

TIA!

I make a mad dash over to her and bury my face in her coat. It is noticeable that she has also been crying for an amount of time as well. She sits down on her haunches the the sterile white, blank room, and takes me in her hooves.

“Tia... I was so sc...”, I start to say, but she quells my speech.

“Don’t talk. Everything is going to be fine, Lulu”, she attempts to say, but she starts audibly crying over her words. Feelings helpless, I try nuzzling her affectionately, which I can tell she appreciates, but doesn’t do much good.
Silent tears start rolling down my own face now, not because I’m sad, but because I can’t do anything to help Tia... Where is mom and d-

Oh yeah.

My own sadness climaxes at this point at the thought of our parents. Where are they? How could the war against the dragons still be going on?

Why me...

I nuzzle further into to Tia’s fluff, trying to comfort myself in her coat. She draws herself around me, and holds me like she would her own daughter. Tia curls into a tight ball with me in the center, and wraps her wings around us, completely covering me. Lastly, she uses her magic to create a warm golden aura around us, and lights the gem in her necklace, giving me some light.

Her sobbing still continues, but I know there is nothing more I can do to help her...

“I want mom and daddy...”, I blubber honestly. There is literally nothing I can do to make this situation better. Some strange pony is going to come down here and try to kill us, just like what they tried to do to Tia, and I’m going to be left alone in a barren Equestria, having to fend for myself without anypony to help me. Or hold me. Or call me Lulu...

“F-Father told me to lead with bravery... how could I have failed such a simple task, Lulu?”, she cries to me, noticing the dark smears underneath her eyelids.

“I don’t think you’re a failure, Tia... who said you weren’t brave?”

“Myself, the pony who ran off the stage while three guards were killed by some MADPONY!”

She bursts again, and this time, it feels like I’m the one responsible. I shouldn’t have brought that up. I.. w-was only t-trying to help...

I hear the door’s mechanism start to twist, and I bunch up, knowing that the end was about to come. Oh for sun’s sake, please let them take me, and not Tia!