• Published 10th Oct 2012
  • 1,004 Views, 4 Comments

Pony Tales 1- Anonymous Letter - ChrisText



Twilight recieves an anonymous letter, which arrives at her door via Derpy Hooves.

  • ...
 4
 1,004

Trials On Tuesday

-----Trials On Tuesday-----



Big Macintosh had spilled the beans, and Twilight covered her nose, because the stench was horrible. He had known about the letter, and he was the one who sent it to the post office after Trixie had told him to. The weird thing, is that he said she wore a cloak to disguise herself. Macintosh trying to be the polite stallion he is, decided to send it to the post office, and have Derpy Hooves deliver it to Twilight. She specifically asked for Derpy Hooves to deliver the letter, any sensible mail pony would have checked the letter for anything suspicious. Some ponies in Ponyville have made letters and sent them that were frauds, so the security decided to step itself up a notch. Derpy Hooves wouldn't think of doing something like that, the way her mind drifts off at the worst possible times. Macintosh also relayed some important facts over to Twilight. Huge facts that couldn't possibly be denied. The approximate time Trixie would arrive would be on a Tuesday, on a Tuesday of all days. Twilight realized that something seemed a bit off.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


''I'm going to confront you in your most triumphant moment.'', the same phrase that's been echoing in her head all day and all night. She can't help but think about it, and it's even harder to forget she even heard those words. The only important thing that would happen on a Tuesday would be two weeks from now, and Twilight has a exam on Tuesday. ''Exactly how did she know about that exam anyway?'', she wondered for a moment. ''Does that mean what she meant by my most triumphant moment, would be when I pass the test?'', Twilight asked Macintosh once again. ''Well, if you past the test, then yes.'', Macintosh replied. ''Oh, don't worry about that Big Mac, I'll definitely pass that test. Twilight then had a random thought in her head that could be her ace in the hole. ''I'll see you later Bic Macintosh, I have somethings to think about.'', she said before exiting the room. ''All I have to do is wait until the Tuesday after next Tuesday, and hopefully I make the right decision.''


The two week time period seemed to fly by, and everypony seemed to quit asking about whatever happened on that cliff. It made things slightly more awkward, me and Bic Macintosh being the only ones who are aware of what's to come. I still can't believe that he was keeping that secret from me the whole time. I have to remember that everypony knows as much as they say they don't sometimes. While the exam drew closer by one day, I spent my time in the Star Swirl the Bearded column in the Canterlot Archives. I never really knew what Trixie meant by confront, or win a round, maybe she wanted to challenge me to a duel of some sort? If I'm going to have a unicorn tussle, then I think I'm good. Although I know that's not the case, she has one advantage over me. It doesn't matter if I know when she's going to come, all I know is that it's on that Tuesday, and that she obviously has some kind of new trick. She even outwitted me when I knew nothing, but at least I know something now. As long as I stay near my friends, I don't think she can ambush me. Besides, my friends wouldn't let her cheat to gain a victory. What scares me, is that I don't think she needs to ambush me to have a chance at winning...


What I learned in the Canterlot Archives, were a couple of spells, not that I think they would do any good for me. I'm not even sure of how she was able to disappear into thin air the way she did before. Was it the art of invisibility spell? No, it can't be, not even I can do something that advanced. The amount of time that I received that letter, from the time that Trixie stormed off that night is five months. I have no idea what she could've learned in that window of time. I'm losing my mind over this! Is the pony that I once competed against five months ago my equal now? This makes no sense at all! Whatever she has up her sleeve, I've learned some thing as well, so I don't think she'll beat me that easily. I can't let this fear get the best of me though, If I go crazy before she arrives, then I'm dead meat!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


''Hey Twilight, what are you doing on the floor, and why are you twitching?'' ''You haven't gone crazy again have you?'', asked Rainbow Dash. ''We've already seen you go crazy plenty of times before, I don't think we need to see it again.'' The mare on the floor slowly regained her senses after having a miniature breakdown over the stress. Twilight opened her eyes and looked at Rainbow Dash with dazed eyes, ''Oh, sorry Rainbow, I kind of blacked out there for a second.'' ''It reminds me of that time you were unconscious in that desert we crossed.'' ''I don't want to see that happening to you again, it really scared me, I mean the bag with the Daring Do book wasn't on your back and I was freaking out!'' ''Really, is that what she was concerned about at the moment?'', Twilight asked herself in her head. ''Well you don't have to worry about anything like that happening anymore.'' ''I'll make sure that I don't end up blacking out again.'' ''Are you sure about that Twilight?'', Rainbow said as she purposely teased Twilight. ''Ugh, yes, I'm sure of it, in fact I guarantee it!'', Twilight responded. ''Okay, but I just want you to know, if it happens again this week, you're going to have to wait until I read the next two chapters of Daring Do until you can read them!'', said Rainbow. ''That's what I was afraid of.....'', Twilight said in deep thought.''


It was time for the test that Twilight had to pass, in order to progress in her studies. Though she's in Ponyville, she has a few yearly exams she has to take, and they determine whether she goes on to study the next section of advanced spells. She's only 4 years away from the master spell courses. The thick air of Canterlot seemed to press against her body, it was Tuesday now, and she couldn't help but wonder if she would even reach the door of the institute before being attacked. She somehow managed to make it inside the facility, and everypony looked at her with bright faces and cheerful greetings. There were some other unicorns there that gave her a deadly look. It's as if they knew what was going to happen after she took this test, because her heart sank as if they said it to her face. During this whole dilemma, she's been dragged around and toyed with. She even had to drag herself up to Canterlot, she was so afraid of what might happen, that she decided to take the hike there by foot and not by train. There was a five minute intervention between the introduction and the beginning of the test. She levitated her pencil in the air, and prepared herself for the Trials of Tuesday.