• Published 10th Oct 2012
  • 1,004 Views, 4 Comments

Pony Tales 1- Anonymous Letter - ChrisText



Twilight recieves an anonymous letter, which arrives at her door via Derpy Hooves.

  • ...
 4
 1,004

Shadow On The Cliff

------Shadow On The Cliff-----



The awkward silence slowly became more and more unbearable. Nopony said anything for about 10 minutes, because they would jinx themselves if they said anything else. Rainbow Dash was definitely silent, except the constant noise of her struggling to keep them all afloat, at this point all they could do was glide. The sandstorm continued to rage on below them, but something seemed a little off. As Twilight looked down on the ground below them, between all of the clouds and sand, she could see tiny splotches of green. She wasn't sure, but she figured that this could be their awaited destination, or at least near it. ''Rainbow Dash, said Twilight, ''I think we're near the spot where this anonymous character is.'' The time was about 6:30, and their journey across the desert in Equestria was approximately two hours and thirty minutes. All that they've worked hard for was finally clear and in their faces, they spotted a forest with short amounts of oak trees.


They had just exited the desert that they traversed five minutes ago, and they were all tired beyond relief. The sandstorm below them started to dissipate as they began to see less and less sand blowing. They were flying for what seemed to be ten minutes, but for each of them, it almost felt endless. Rainbow had began to adjust to the wait, but as soon as she stopped struggling, they began to plummet into the forest below. They tried their best not to panic, because that would make matters worse. Apparently, Twilight started to notice that it wasn't going to happen that way. ''CUTIE MARK CRUSADER SKY DIVERS, YAY!!!'', the three fillies shouted louder than they ever had. It broke both Rainbow's and Twilight's concentration. Next thing they knew, they were already 30 ft. away from the ground. With the last of her strength, Twilight levitated each of them safely to the ground, with her horn emanating large waves of magical energy. It looked similar to when she used her magic to put the Ursa Minor to sleep. They landed softly on the forest floor, and they slowly got off of each other. They got so caught up in this random and crazy journey of theirs, that Twilight forgot one very important thing, she had realized how retarded all of this was in the first place.


''Everypony, I think it's time that we got this crazy journey of ours over with.'', Twilight said. She told the others not to follow her, Rainbow kept her promise this time. As she slowly walked up to the cliff, not to alert whoever this pony was, into thinking that there are others. The sun in the sky slowly started to set in the west, and as she proceeded to walk up the hill, the shadows of trees were all around her. The sky turned into a shade of orange, and she began to notice another shadow as she searched for this anonymous character. ''Hey, Applebloom, who do you think that unknown pony is anyway?'', asked Scootaloo. Applebloom looked back at Scootaloo with an honest look of confusion and said, ''I don't have the slightest idea of whoever it could be, but I don't think Twilight would tell us who it is.'', replied Applebloom. ''Why would you think that?'', asked Rainbow Dash. ''Maybe because she said she wanted to see this pony in secrecy as well?'', said Applebloom.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Twilight finally had met this mysterious pony, whoever it was. ''Um, hello, I take it your the pony named ''Anonymous'', she said as she called out to the figure standing at the edge of the cliff. The pony said nothing and continued to stay in the same position. ''Okay, if this is your idea of a joke then this isn't a very funny one!'', Twilight shouted. ''If you claim that I actually know you, then show me your face!'' The pony began to turn around, and she prepared herself for who she was about to see. She sees a blue unicorn, with a blue coat, a purple hat with stars on it, as well as a matching cape. Twilight is blown away, out of all of the ponies that she could have predicted to be the culprit of this whole situation, and it was her. ''It is I, the GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE!'', the blue pony shouted. She stood on her back legs, to make an intimidating pose, and Twilight took it as a threat, preparing to cast a spell. ''Now, now, you little impudent foal, I didn't call you here to have a duel.'', Trixie teased Twilight in her arrogant tone of voice, yet she was serious.


''I want to let you know that there are no hard feelings between us, but there is one thing I must say.'' ''I wanted you to know that......YOU SUCK!'', shouted Trixie. Twilight was silent for a whole minute. ''You know Trixie, after all that I've been through, and all that you've been through, you're right. ''I guess I do suck, considering I didn't realize you were behind all of this.'' ''Well, next time we meet, I'm not going to send you a letter.'', said Trixie. ''I'm going to confront you in your most triumphant moment, and I'm going to humiliate you the same way you did to me, in front of all those ponies.'' ''And when I slowly trot away into the sunset, though your friends will help you up, you'll have to face the fact that I'll win that round.'' ''Prepare yourself Twilight Sparkle, but it won't make a difference, the next time I see you, your title of Ponyville's most powerful Unicorn will be me, and scoff if you must.'' ''Although you're not even remotely like-able to me, you'll make a good rival, and you'll be ready to lose I hope.'' She winked at Twilight as she said it, being the smug unicorn she always was. Her words were sharp, they conflicted with Twilight, because she was going to prepare for that day, though she didn't know when it was going to strike, Trixie tricked her into doing all of this just for a little reminder of their rivalry. She was going to look forward to that day, the day when she would be defeated by the all powerful Trixie, as she disappeared behind her.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From that point on, Twilight didn't tell anypony of who she had seen. She figured it wouldn't help what would happen in the future if she had told them of Trixie's intentions. She went on a wild goose chase through Ponyville and Sweet Apple Acres, and made it past every single obstacle. She traversed her very first desert in all of her life, while unconscious, and had an adventure with Daring Do in her mind. She wasn't going to tell anypony of that either, Rainbow would probably hit her for it, as angry as she was about the situation already. What surprised her was that the only pony who asked what had happened was Princess Celestia. Twilight said in a calm voice, ''Today, I met a pony named Anonymous.'' The time continued to pass by, and Twilight can't tell anypony of these events. Twilight has to decide whether she'll continue her regular life, or prepare herself for what ''anonymous'' has in store for her.