• Published 15th Apr 2024
  • 290 Views, 7 Comments

Attraction - Crimson Enjoyer



Twilight and Rarity go on a date.

  • ...
2
 7
 290

Dating

There’s an old stereotype that Unicorns are all bisexual. Well, as a former Unicorn myself, I can set the record straight and say this is completely untrue and unfounded. Even though I am bisexual. And so is Rarity. And so is my brother. And also my father.

But I still know plenty of Unicorns who aren’t bi. My mother is straight, Starlight and Trixie are both lesbians, as is my old friend Lyra Heartstrings, and as I recently discovered, Starswirl The Bearded is aromantic/asexual. And I discovered that through a perfectly normal conversation and not as the failed result of asking him out don’t listen to what Spike says.

If I had to take a wager as to why this stereotype does seem to persist somewhat, it may have to do with the large number of Unicorn celebrities who are openly bisexual. Even Vinyl Scratch, A.K.A DJ- Pon3, previously identified as such before recently coming out as a lesbian. Either way, if I could impart some advice; if you see an attractive looking Pony, don’t automatically assume you have a chance with them just because they have a horn.

So, what relevance does this all have to the events that transpired recently? Well, I think you’ll understand soon enough.

It all started when Rarity made an impromptu visit to the castle one winter’s day. We greeted each other in a friendly manner, I asked if she needed help with something or was looking for Spike, standard fair. What wasn’t quite so standard was the question she asked right after.

She asked me out on a date. A romantic date, to be specific.

Boy, did it suddenly start to get real toasty in that castle.

Now, I’m not going to sit here and pretend like I’ve never been attracted to Rarity. Like I said, I’m bisexual, and I mean… have you seen her??

What surprised me is the discovery that she apparently finds me attractive as well, maybe. See, while Rarity is bi like I said, she has stated on more than one occasion she tends to lean more towards the opposite gender, and has only really been attracted to a handful of mares. Me personally, I haven’t really felt attraction to that many ponies period, but the number of mares and stallions within that list is more or less equal.

What Rarity has also told me is that she needs to feel both a physical attraction as well as a more personal connection to consider perusing a romance with them. As she explained once, her attraction towards Prince Blueblood purely stemmed from shallow, surface level traits, and as soon she bore witness to the personality that accompanied those traits, she lost any and all interest.
Therefore, the only conclusion I can come to is that she must find me at least somewhat attractive. Is it strange for me to try and justify my beliefs so much? Maybe, but in my defense, this entire situation has thrown me for a bit of a loop.

That being said, I obviously said yes. Why wouldn’t I? Rarity’s already one of my closest friends, I’ve established that I have a physical attraction toward her, and depending on how the date goes, we could either see our friendship evolve to something more intimate, or simply continue being friends like we always have. As simple as that. It definitely did not take an entire sleepless night and 2 panic attacks for me to come to this conclusion don’t listen to what Spike says.

Oh yeah, speaking of Spike; he didn’t exactly take the news of Rarity and I going out very well. Not because he’s intolerant or anything, I raised him better than that. It’s just that Spike has always been envious of any suitor that catches Rarity’s eye, and no matter how many times I try to explain to him that he simply doesn’t have a chance with her, he never listens.

At one point, I attempted explaining that if she did reciprocate his feelings and tried to pursue relations with him, she would be sent to jail because he is a minor. He understood that much at least, but now he seems convinced all he has to do is bide his time, and make sure Rarity doesn’t settle down with anypony until he’s of age.

Maybe I could have raised him a bit better.

Anyway, when I told him that Rarity asked me out and I said yes, he acted like I had personally stabbed him in the back. A traitor, he called me. I tried to calm him down, but he ultimately just stormed off to his room and said he didn’t want to talk me anymore. I’m sure he’ll get over it, though. Probably.

Regardless, I had a date for tomorrow night, and I admit I was a bit nervous. It’s been some time since I actually tried legitimately dating anypony, and my skills in the field of romance are… subpar, at the very best.

As a means to better prepare myself, I read up extensively on dinner date etiquette, and even quite a bit on the act of ‘wooing’ a potential partner. True, most of the books I had on hoof were rather hetero-centric on the subject, but I’m not naïve enough to believe that specific styles of romance are gender exclusive.

The more I prepared, the more I found myself hoping that the date goes well. I imagined myself in a myriad of romantic scenarios with Rarity, some of which I… likely shouldn’t mention.

But no amount of fantasy can really compare to the real thing. When the time finally came, I put all of my accumulated knowledge to the test. I marched out of the castle towards Carousel Boutique with a newly set goal of courting Rarity.

I started things small by showing up to her front door with a single red rose, a common symbol of romance, adorned in a simple black dress that I hoped Rarity would find attractive. She opened the door and revealed herself wearing an absolutely stunning lavender ensemble that matched my own coat.

She seemed to like the rose quite a bit, and referred to my own appearance for the evening as ‘simply gorgeous’. So far, things were going quite well. I returned the compliment to her own wear, which surprisingly, resulted in a blush from the mare.

This was how I discovered that I seemingly had a certain effect on her, simply complimenting her seemed to make her flustered. So of course, I spent most of the night doing exactly that. Rarity is beautiful, yes, but she can also be unbearably cute, especially when she’s blushing like wild.

The venue for the occasion was, uniquely, an Eastern Equestrian restaurant a little ways outside of town. Not exactly the first thing that comes to mind when I think of a romantic eatery, but Rarity had insisted on going there. It was quite a lovely place, actually. A very heavily red color scheme, oriental music playing faintly to set the atmosphere, the waiters even wore outfits in the spirit of the establishment’s culture of origin, though I’m fairly certain none of the waiters actually are from the East.

Since I had never been here before, and generally wanted the night to go off without a hitch, my order was the same as Rarity’s. That was a good choice, because the food was delicious. I might have to go there again, and try some of the other meals they have on the menu.

Throughout the night, I employed the many tips and pointers I had been given, opening the door for her, getting her seat, all the things that would generally be filed under ‘chivalry’. Hmm. You ever notice that the word Chivalry sounds like someone with a lisp saying ‘Civil-ry’?

Rarity was thankfully very receptive to my gentlemare-liness, though the sometimes coy look in her eyes made me wonder if she also found it in some way amusing. Since we already see each other almost every day, we found that we didn’t have much to talk about regarding the goings on of our lives, but we did find another stimulating source of conversation: Dating.

To my sincere surprise, Rarity had not much luck in the world of dating according to herself. Her work as a fashion designer, and as someone running three separate shops in three different places, one of which was located in entire day’s train ride away, kept her quite busy to say the least. As such, she has had precious little time for meeting new ponies and finding that special someone.

As for myself, I admitted that I had only really gone on three dates in my entire life, and the last one happened while I was still a unicorn. I did, however, briefly have a relationship as a teenager with another one of Celestia’s students. She had been my first, and thus far, only real “girlfriend”, though the relationship didn’t last too long. If you know what I was like back then, I shouldn’t have to explain why.

I then asked her about her own past relationships, and this was the moment where everything almost went completely wrong, maybe. She quite glumly admitted she had never truly been in a long-term committed relationship with anypony, and that her identity as a ‘connoisseur of romance’ was, in many ways, an act.

This began to spiral into her claiming herself as a romantic failure, self-deprecation lining every word she spoke, and I was having none of it. I wasn’t going to let this beautiful, wonderful, talented, inspiring pony beat herself over this.

I looked her dead in the eyes, and told her that none of that was her own fault, and more importantly, to not let a lack of success in one department blind her from all of her other accomplishments. I effectively went on a 4 minute rant about how great she was right to her face, and I meant every single word. By the end of it, we both pretty big blushes on our faces.

Once I had thoroughly convinced a very thankful, teary-eyed Rarity of her own self-worth, the rest of the date went swimmingly. It was much as the same as any previous bit of hanging out we had done, but with the added benefit of being a bit more… open about certain things. In the end, though, there was still one question on my mind, one that I simply couldn’t stop myself from asking: Does she find me attractive?

She almost seemed shocked when I asked this, and proceeded to explain to me every way in which I was one of the most attractive mares she had ever seen. I’ve been called pretty before, even beautiful once or twice, but I can’t say I ever expected someone like Rarity to describe me as ‘unquestionably sexy’. To call that an ego boost would be an understatement.

Trying to fight off my own flustered state, I slyly countered with a comment on how attractive I found her as well, even giving her the ‘bedroom eyes’ as the books called it.

With that settled, I now felt comfortable in asking the other obvious question: What about who I am made her want to go out with me outside of physical appearance? Her answer was straight and to the point: She finds intelligence a desirable trait, thinks that I’m cute and charming, and believes the two of us have good chemistry. And on that last point, I’d have to agree with her.

It was quite late when the date came to its necessary end. Carrying on with my earlier attempts at being chivalrous, offered to walk her home, and she happily obliged. I draped a wing over her backside to keep her warm, and we headed off the boutique.

Once we reached the front door, I remembered something I had read in the books; it was often customary to end a night such as this with a goodbye kiss. Rarity seemed to have the same idea. And so, we did just that.

It was my first kiss in a very long time, and my first kiss with Rarity period. It was slightly awkward, but all in all, amazing. Her lips were as smooth as her voice, and it was clear that out of the two of us, she was the more experienced kisser. I did my best though.

I would say the night ended there, that we parted lips, blushed, said goodnight, and went our separate ways. I would say that, if not for the fact that I woke up the next morning snuggled under Rarity’s blankets with her cuddled up to my chest.

Did we move a bit fast? Probably. But if this is what moving fast is like, then maybe for once in my life, I don’t need things to go slow. Rarity must agree with me, as right now, she’s the one snuggled under my blankets.

I can’t say I ever expected it, but am I ever so happy that It happened.




P.S. In case it wasn’t clear, we had sex. Like, a lot. In fact, we’re probably gonna do it again as soon as she wakes up.

That’s just happens when there’s this much mutual attraction.

Author's Note:

Wanted to try experimenting with a no-dialogue style of writing, and I also wanted to try my hand at a RariTwi fic since it's a ship that's really been growing on me as of recent.

Comments ( 7 )

This fic goes to my favourite list.

A short RariTwi one-shot written in first-person from Twilight's perspective.

Are you ever going to do one from Rarity’s perspective?

11879593
i mean, maybe? i dunno i feel more comfortable writing from twi's pov since she shares some of my own personality traits

Sweet and romantic and fun.

thank you all so much for 25 likes

This was really cute! You did a good job making it read as though Twilight was writing about what happened. It would be neat to see a continuation in another style.

11883122
thanks for the kind words, and i'll let it be known that a sequel is never off the table

Login or register to comment