• Published 25th Apr 2024
  • 161 Views, 10 Comments

Magic School Nightmare - xd77



Nathan is now a pony, and is starting magic school in Canterlot.

  • ...
 10
 161

Leaving For Canterlot

It had been over three weeks since Lord Tirek and Queen Chrysalis had been imprisoned in stone, Clarissa Garrison was now in a federal prison. Celestia and Luna had retired and moved to Maretime Manor, while Twilight Sparkle was just recently crowned the new ruler of Equestria. Unfortunately, though it was a good time for them, it was not so good for Twilight's nephew, Nathan Cadenza. He had just been turned into an alicorn, but with bat wings instead of feathered ones. Not only was he no longer human, but now that he was an alicorn, he had to learn magic since he had a horn. Nathan was still adjusting to walking on four legs instead of two, but now he was already being enrolled at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns.

This was the same school Twilight Sparkle attended a long time ago, but now that Nate was new to the life, it was his turn. Since he was going to be attending the School of Magic, that meant two things. The first thing was he was going to have to leave the School of Friendship and say goodbye to the student six; especially Smolder, since she was closest to him. Secondly, he was going to have to move from The Crystal Empire to Canterlot and live with Twilight and Spike, since she was his aunt. Luckily, he would also have Twilight Velvet and Night Light to visit with as backup family. Anyway, it was another three weeks until the School of Magic started, and Nathan was at his home.

However, poor Nate was feeling really scared about this new chapter in life as he was sitting with his parents. He was at his home in The Crystal Empire speaking with Cadance and Shining Armor.

"Mom Dad, Ah'm really nervous about all of this." he stated.

"I know you are son." Shining Armor stated, putting a hoof on his shoulder. "But you have to realize that you're an alicorn now. Things are going to be heading a new path for you."

"Not to mention that you are going to have to start fresh with this new life." Said Cadance.

"Your' comin' with me aren't y'all?"

Cadance put a hoof on Nate's chin and lifted his face up to her, "Son, our place is here, our future is here. It's time for you to let go."

"Ah' don't want things to change." Nathan whined.

"But you can't stop the change, any more than you can stop the sun from setting."

Shining Armor joined in, "Look son, I know this is hard for you, it's hard for us too. But you need to go and live with your aunt over this, and Canterlot is the only city in Equestria that contains Magic School."

"Nathan I'm sorry, but there is no other option." Cadance said, she and Shining Armor, both hugged him in sorrow.

Poor Nathan went up to his room in anguish, the thought of going to live in a different city was too much to put in thought. Moving to Canterlot was like starting all over again for him, he was already used to living in the Crystal Empire and being a student at the School of Friendship. But now it was a new circle of life for him to be fresh in a different environment, meeting different ponies, and residing in an even bigger structure that Twilight and Spike rested in. Nathan just sat there in his room and stared at a picture of him, Twilight, and Spike taken the day after he was adopted. As he eyed the picture, his stone posture was snapped out by the sound of tiny hooves entering his room, he looked and saw Skyla and Flurry Heart looking at him sadly.

"Hey Skyla, hey Flurry." He remarked.

"Don't go!" Skyla said, hugging him tightly. Flurry hugged him in tears! "Big bwothur stay!"

"Ah'm sorry tiger." Nathan said, stroking his little sister's head with his hoof, "But, Ah' have to go, Ah' got to learn magic."

"I miss big bwothur!" Skyla said crying, Nathan wrapped both of his sisters close.

"Ah'm going to miss y'all too." Nathan pulled his sisters close to him, comforting them both.

Cadance and Shining Armor entered the room, now it was a massive group hug. Nathan felt a sense of comfort of his own, especially since his parents and sisters still loved him. It was just a challenging moment for him, since he was moving away a third time and for good.

....TWO WEEKS LATER....

Nathan was at the Crystal Empire Train Station, where the next train bound for Canterlot was approaching. As the train pulled up, one last time, he hugged his parents and his sister's goodbye and kissed them all.

"We love you son!" Cadance said.

"Ah' love y'all too." Nate stated.

"You will listen to your aunt, will you son?" Shining Armor asked.

"Ah' will dad."

"Last call for Canterlot, train leaving in 15 minutes!" Nathan quickly parted ways as he heard that, then he got on the train and the doors closed. He sat by the window as his family watched from the station, he waved goodbye to them as the train began to depart the station.

As he rode the train, Nathan began to ponder about what his life living in royalty would be like. Not like he was already adopted by royalty; this was a different style of it for him. But how he was going to live was the least of his worries, his main thought was what the School of Magic would bring upon him. He knew there would be basics to start with, but he was reassured that no matter how hard the spells and magic lessons would be, Twilight would be there to guide him and help him through it all. Even if she was now ruler of Equestria. But he was also going to be homesick for a while, since Canterlot was going to be a new lifestyle of ways for him.

...LATER THAT AFTERNOON...

Nathan was kicked back and listening to country music, when he felt a jolt. The train was slowing down, as Nate looked out the window, a train station was coming into view, followed by the bustling skyline of Canterlot in the background. He had not even gone here since the night he ran away from home when Skyla was born. He got up out of his seat as the ponies who were exiting for the Canterlot station waited at the doors.

"Canterlot now arriving." Said the conductor, once the train came to a complete stop. Once he exited the train car, it was a much quicker than expected scene for him, because Twilight (Equestria's new ruler) and Spike, her former assistant now advisor, there waiting for him.

"Spike, Aunt Twilight!" He said with somewhat joy.

"Hi Nate" Spike said.

"Glad you made it here." Twilight responded, hugging her nephew. Their joy to see him soon turned concerning, because Nate was showing gloominess.

"Is something wrong?" Spike asked.

"Well, it's just that Ah' can't ever seem to get settled in one place permanently. For me it's like a rollin' stone gathers no moss. Ah've been bumped from one area of Equestria and back, now Ah' have to live here in Canterlot."

Twilight smiled "Look sweetie, I know this is a big challenge for you. But you have to know that you're an alicorn now, and any race of alicorn or unicorn need to learn magic."

"Aunt Twilight, Ah'm not an alicorn. Ah'm just a unicorn with bat wings." Nathan reassured.

"Well, you do have wings like one."

"Their bat wings."

"We know that, but you are technically an alicorn." Spike said.

Twilight smiled, "Okay, I think we've had enough chit-chat already. Let's get back to the castle and get you settled in Nate; Magic School starts next week you know."

"Ah' know Aunt Twilight." Nate said, gathering his stuff and following them to his new home.

Comments ( 10 )

Cadance put a hoof on Nate's chin and lifted his face up to her, "Son, our place is here, our future is here. It's time for you to let go."

"Ah' don't want things to change." Nathan whined.

"But you can't stop the change, any more than you can stop the sun from setting."

Nice Phantom Menace reference.

Which one of your stories is the previous story in this series?

xd77 #3 · 1 week ago · · ·

11888271
There is none, I just decided to return to Nate's childhood.

Oh dear, this will be a big challenge for him

I'm so glad we get to see Nathan as a kid again!

11888416
Which is making me ask you a few favor ideas on your Deviantart page,

11888429
What kind of ideas?

The only other upside of Nathan moving to Canterlot is that he’s closer to his girlfriend, Apple Bloom. Just an hour train ride from Ponyville.

11888434
Tell you when I have the time.

Login or register to comment