• Published 27th Mar 2024
  • 651 Views, 30 Comments

A Dance Between the Sun and the Voice in Her Head - MistOverMoon



Celestia has a secret. For as long as she can remember there has been a voice in her head. It wants her, and she must play the manipulative game they have played forever to keep it at bay.

  • ...
0
 30
 651

Epilogue

Discord sat sealed in stone. It was nearly time to break free of his thousand-year prison. How long had it been since he had wreaked chaos in the world? It would be good to stretch the old paw and claw. A glass of chocolate milk would do him good. No, an entire cotton candy cloud raining chocolate milk would do him good! An entire swarm of them in fact!

He would dismantle the elements, pry them apart with the discordance of chaos. It would be simple really, a few barbs here and there, a game in the maze, a reordering of the natural laws to bend to his will. His reign would last forever, and nothing could stop it. Celestia was weak, never solving any of her problems. Luna was a shadow of herself no doubt, even after returning from the moon she wouldn't be up to facing him. The world was his oyster, and he would pick the pearl from its open jaws.

The stone began to crack as he flexed against his bonds. He stretched, the stone shattering away and crumbling. The body beneath revealed itself. A wicked talon like an eagle and the paw of a lion adorned the ends of his twisted arms. His horns shaped strangely and without reason cracked the stone. His snake-like body which stood on the foot of a goat and dragon alike smashed through the stone.

"I'm back!" Discord shattered the last of his prison and leapt into the sunlight. "Hello Equestria! Prepare to become the chaos capital of the world. And OH, MY CELESTIA WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THIS- GAIYA IS THAT YOU?!?"

Standing before him in a semicircle was something even Discord could barely comprehend. Celestia sat in the middle, and to her sides was Luna and a pony he never thought he would see again, Gaiya, alicorn of earth. Next to them was Nightmare Moon, a wicked smirk full of fangs on her face. Then there was some sort of flaming pony that looked like it came straight out of Tartarus, burned it to ash for fun, and then came flying back to kick him in the face. She looked bored, tired, and why did she look so much like Celestia?

Behind them were six ponies. Each one held an element of harmony that was clearing glowing with power, perfectly attuned to their user. In the center was a purple unicorn, the element of magic on her head glowing. Her eyes held a vicious determination.

"Hello Discord." Celestia stood, a warm and sinister smile on her face. "Are you ready for your second chance?"

Discord looked between the literal army of alicorns, most he had never seen before, then sighed. He created a glass of chocolate milk out of thin air and actually drank the milk instead of the glass this time. Then he threw it behind him, and it shattered on the ground, actually following the rules of reality for once.

"Oh, you have got to me kidding me."

Author's Note:

Thank you for everyone who read my story. I wrote this as part of a writing challenge to get myself out of a writing slump. Overall, I think that the story could have been better, after all there is improvement to be found everywhere, but I am happy with what I wrote. If you have anything to say about the story, please let me know. I am looking to improve my writing and any constructive criticism you have I would be happy to hear. Also, I am interested in your general thoughts on the story. I hope that you enjoyed the story and I wish everypony a good day.

-Written by, MistOverMoon

Comments ( 2 )

Oh yeah, that was epic, thanks for this. :)

it was a very good story to read, gaiya still has to heal, and many lessons and ramifications in time are about to happen, this story reminded me of "Machinations in the Dark" an incredible story but it stopped being released a long time ago, well coming back , that was amazing keep up the good work.

Login or register to comment