• Published 13th Mar 2024
  • 543 Views, 42 Comments

I love you, Izzy Moonbow - Hoofprintz



A guy living a terribly boring life is saved when Izzy shows up in his home to be friends.

  • ...
1
 42
 543

7. Shopping

"So is there anything in particular you see that you want to try, Izzy?" I asked as we walked down the condiments aisle.

So far, our cart contained some fresh fruits and vegetables, a couple frozen pizzas, and two cases of soda. I typically would've avoided the more "healthy" options, but I was pretty sure Izzy ate stuff like that back in Equestria.

Or she should enjoy them, at least.

"I'm fine with whatever you think is best," she remarked dreamily. She was doing her best not to drool as she spoke. With the way she'd been staring longingly at the drinks I knew I'd have to be the one to keep her sugar levels somewhat in check. Unfortunately, with such thoughts came even more bleak ones.

What if she gets sick? What if she needs to see a doctor? Or would she need to see a veterinarian? Which would she...

I shook my head, doing my best to rid myself of such ugly thoughts.

"Okay, then how about we head over to the..." I blanched, spinning the cart around as quickly as I could and heading back down the aisle we'd just came through. Izzy said nothing, still staring at the cases of sugary beverages as if they might get up and walk away.

Back in the other direction was the butcher and the frozen meats section. I did NOT want to take her there. Yes, she had accepted my carnivorous lifestyle, but a wall lined with dismembered animal pieces?

Maaaaybe later.

Much later.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"W-wait! So you're telling me ALL of these things taste as good as soda!?" Izzy looked like she might go into hysterics at any moment. The two of us were standing in the sweets aisle, surrounded by cupcakes, Ding Dongs, Twinkies, and various other junk foods.

I'd picked up some other necessities before bringing her to this part of the market. If she wasn't really interested in trying anything other than sugar filled treats, I'd let her run the gamut.

At least, for now.

Who knows, she's a magical unicorn from Equestria. Maybe sugar is like vitamins for her kind.

"I'm not sure if you'll find them as tasty as soda," I shrugged, picking up a box of Snowballs. They'd never been my preference, but who knows what Izzy might like. "But they're all sweet." I showed her the front of the box.

Her face lit up as she took the box from me and examined it closely. "Snowballs? Are they good!? IS THERE SNOW IN THEM!?"

"No snow," I chuckled a little at her sudden diminished enthusiasm. "These are made with coconut, marshmallow, and chocolate cake."

"I've never had coconut before," she looked back down at the box. "Can we get these?"

"Of course we can," I turned back to the shelves. "Let's pick some others, too."

"O-kay!" she tossed the box into our cart before joining me in my search.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It's a good thing I saved up so much money...

The total cost of everything I'd bought had been pretty steep, but I wasn't hurting for funds, and to see the bright smile on Izzy's face I'd gladly blow my entire savings on her.

Before leaving the store I'd gotten us a box of Rocket Pops, which we promptly tore into once we were back in the hot sun. I'd have gotten a more chocolatey option, -- my preference -- but Izzy had ended up getting a box of Fudge Rounds, a box of Swiss Rolls, and two boxes of Brownies, so I was content knowing the chocolate quota had been filled for the month.

Izzy was bounding along next to me, gleefully eating her ice cream. It was an even more impressive feat -- her method of travel -- considering she was carrying a few bags of groceries on her back. The heat wasn't even a concern for her anymore, the cold of her treat keeping her spirits high.

"So today's my day off," I readjusted the bags I was carrying, growing a little tired. "But I do have to work on Monday."

Her bounces came to an abrupt end. She looked up at me with the Rocket Pop halfway in her mouth. The slight tilt of her head paired with a look of curiosity told me she wanted to know more.

"That's not really important," I stifled a chuckle. "Monday is the day after tomorrow."

She's too cute.

"What I was going to say was; after we get back to the apartment-"

"Hrm," she tried to speak around the ice cream that was in her mouth.

"Uhm... huh?" I hadn't quite understood what she'd said... or if she'd even said anything at all. She lifted a hoof, grabbing the stick of her treat and removing it slowly.

"So GOOD!" she gushed over the frozen sweet before returning her attention to me. "Home," she stated simply.

"Home?" It was my turn to be confused.

"The apartment," she grinned before facing forward and starting to bounce forward again. "It's our home."

WAY too cute....

"When we get back home," I smiled. "I was thinking I could show you some of the things you can do while I'm at work,"

"O-kay!" she replied before popping her ice cream right back into her mouth.

"Then we can hop on and play with Fel later tonight," I chuckled nervously, scratching my cheek.

"OH! GMMS!?" she spoke with a full mouth again, though this time I understood her. Her eyes were brimming with excitement.

"Yeah, games," I affirmed with a nod of my head, though my heart wasn't really in it.

"FNN!" her response had a lot more enthusiasm in it than I did.

I just hope everything goes well...