• Published 13th Mar 2024
  • 540 Views, 42 Comments

I love you, Izzy Moonbow - Hoofprintz



A guy living a terribly boring life is saved when Izzy shows up in his home to be friends.

  • ...
1
 42
 540

5. Neighbor

Author's Note:

So I made an MLP YouTube. Hot takes, reviews, and other junk if you're interested. https://youtube.com/@MLPDymosX?si=6Age_ulZpbzboFpY

"Soooo... where are we going?"
Izzy asked, watching me intently as I tied my shoes.

I was sitting on the floor in the entryway to my apartment, my new pony friend standing next to me. After breakfast I'd taken a quick shower and freshened up.

With a new roommate came a whole lot more necessities. That was made abundantly clear when Izzy went into the restroom before me and asked for a toothbrush. Thankfully, I didn't work weekends and I'd already planned to head to the store to pick up some things today so it shouldn't be an issue.

"We need to go get some things at the store," I explained as I stood to my feet.

"The store?" her face lit up.

"You'll like it," I patted her on the head. "But first... there's something I want to check."

When I'd received our food earlier I told Izzy to stay in the front room. Unfortunately, the smell must've been too much and she trotted over to the doorway. She'd stayed quiet the entire time, but I'm pretty sure the delivery man saw her behind me. What I didn't expect was his reaction. He'd been bored when he arrived and seeing an animated unicorn didn't appear to change that fact.

"First?" she tilted her head.

"First, there's somebody I want you to meet." The two of us walked out of my apartment, the blistering heat of the summer day not to my liking. The apartment complex I lived in was in a fairly secluded area and the apartments themselves were covered in fauna so it was a pretty private area. Nobody would see Izzy unless they were in the complex.

"Whoa, hot day... wait, a new friend!? Is she your friend?" she was practically prancing in excitement.

Nope.

"She's... more of an acquaintance." I replied as we approached the door to her apartment. "She's not really an extrovert like you are, Izzy."

"Extro...vert?" she fell into step behind me.

"It means you like being around others," I explained as we reached the door. "She's an introvert, which means she prefers to be alone most of the time."

"OH! There are people like that!?" she asked, coming to a standstill next to me. "Are you an extrovert?"

"There are," I pounded on the door as hard as I could a few times. Fel hated the sound of the doorbell. She'd definitely be wearing her headphones and those were usually tuned up to eleven so anything quieter would almost certainly fail to get her attention. "And no, I'm more of an ambivert... which means I'm sort of in the middle," I elaborated as soon as she looked up at me with a baffled expression.

"O-ka-"

The door creaked opened slowly, revealing my bored neighbor. She looked like she'd just rolled out of bed, her auburn hair sticking up in several places and her glasses barely clinging to her face. She was still wearing her pajamas and had a coffee mug in one hand and her phone in the other.

"What do you want, Fatal?" she refused to look up from her phone. "You know I work before five."

"Sorry for bothering you so early, Fel," I gestured with my hand at Izzy to stop her from asking the question I already knew was coming. "I just wanted to ask you about something."

"What?" she continued staring at her phone.

I cleared my throat. "I made a friend. I was wondering if she might be able to play with us at some point?"

Fel finally looked up at me then down at Izzy, her bored expression not changing a bit.

"Is it good?" she raised an eyebrow.

"She!" Izzy smiled brightly. Apparently, the fact that she could talk surprised Fel.

"Are you good?" she asked after an exasperated huff.

"I'm great!" Izzy declared confidently, her enthusiastic smile growing as she looked back and forth between us. "What are we talking about?"

"It doesn't matter that she's a pony?" I tilted my head, interrupting their exchange.

"If she's good, she can play," Fel shrugged. "I don't really care what she is. Now is that it?" she glared at me "I'm swamped and if I don't finish soon I'm not even going to get to play tonight."

"Sure, Fel. Sorry," I clasped my hands in front of myself and bowed my head. "We'll talk later? Regular time?"

"Yeah," she went to close the door.

"Itwasnicemeetingyou!" Izzy blurted out before the door could fully close.

"Sure," Fel replied just as the door closed on our faces.

...

"What a nice person!" Izzy was still smiling when I lifted my head. "You think she likes me?"

"Probably," I chuckled as the two of us turned around to leave. "You're pretty hard not to like. She can be real impatient, but she's usually pretty chill."

"Her room must be really cold then, huh?" she asked, drawing another laugh from me. "OH! Why'd she call you Fatal?"

Yep, exactly what I thought she was gonna ask.

"Fel prefers online personas. Fatal is the name I use when I play stuff online," I answered.

"Online is like the phone thing, right?"

"Yeah, kind of," I answered as we descended the stairs to the ground floor.

I'd gotten my answer. That was two people who didn't seem to care about what Izzy was. I was hoping it would be the same for everyone else we came across. Heading to the market would either confirm my suspicions or stir up a whole mess of trouble.

I was really hoping for the former...