• Published 18th Dec 2023
  • 248 Views, 8 Comments

Full Friendship's Magic #2 (A Pie's white lie) - Reykatan



The Pie cousins lived together as promise, but one pies lie follows her wherever she went.

  • ...
1
 8
 248

Scroll of Modesty Chapter 10: The Cheated Promise

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✶✶✶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✶✶✶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✶✶✶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Oh dear. "Fluttershy spots Pinkie pie in the crowd and flies over to her." Pi-Pinkie pie It's not what you think. This was just an accident-


Pinkie pie moves Fluttershy aside, pointing her attention to her cousin. She goes up to her speechless and disbelief. That her once proud cousin is nothing more than just a vivid illusion. She looks at Pizza pie, with her cutie mark* washed off from her flank. She forces a smile, holding back her tears.


I-I can’t believe this . . .

Cousin please, I can explain-

You lied? . . .

Cousin I wanted to tell you this soon-

But you never lie. . I didn't think you could.

This isn't a lie it's more like-

A what? A surprise? A surprise knowing, that my only cousin came all the way here, looking exactly like me, mane style and cutie mark. Fooling my friends, fooling me into thinking we're alike!?

C-Cousin . . . please hear me ou-

Yeah, I'm surprised. I'm surprised that you couldn't find a cutie mark on your own. So wasted all this time to jus- jus- just Cheat on our promise?!

. . . .

We've talked about this when we were fillies. . . I told you to do what makes you happy . . .

. . . . . I-

But instead, you couldn't. You can't bare the fact you can't find a cutie mark you're happy with, so you just painted one and you think I won't mind?

. . . . . .

Heh, sounds familiar?

. . . . . . .

This is how you sound like, when you told me you don't have time for fun. And I get it now. . . Happiness isn't fun for you because you don't have time for it. . . . But you did have time to lie to me, to all of my friends and to yourself.

. . . . . . . . . .

You're terrible Pizzaniac.

"Pizza pie's heart shatters, as she took every painful word Pinkie pie said to her.". . Pinkie I- . . . I-

. . . . . "Pinkie pie coldly turns her back and walks away."

W-Wait please . . "Pizza pie goes after her cousin, grabbing her shoulder. Mustered up the courage to apologize." Cousin I- . . . . I'm so sorry-

"Pinkie slaps off her cousin's hoof." Just stop. . . .You've embarrassed me enough.


"Pizza pie's final attempt to redeem herself failed. The crowd surrounding them witnessed their sibling bond torn to pieces. Pizza pie realizing she had nothing left but shame, stormed out of the ballroom in tears. She exits the castle and away from everyone. Their friends were surprised by the Pie cousin's awkward confrontation. Twilight and the rest go up to Pinkie pie, hoping to get an explanation from her.


Pinkie pie, are you ok?

I’m fine Twilight . . .

No, you're not Pinkie. “Rainbow dash lands beside her.” What happened back there?

Nothing . . . just an accident. . .

It wasn’t just an accident Pinkie.

Yeah Pinkie. Every creature here saw it, about your cousin's cutie mark-

A fake? Well you got that right, what do you want? A cookie?!

Pinkie darling, It's more than just that. Your cousin is hurt-

But It's true Rarity. Her cutie marks a fake, which makes her a fake too.

P-Pinkie calm down, you don't know what you're saying. There might be an explanation behind it. Maybe you should consider talking to her . . .

No, she lied to me Fluttershy! She lied to all of us! And it's not just a white lie, it's a lie that lasts a lifetime!

. . . . .

Funny, to think I dream of the day that we finally reunite and spread our happiness around . . . And now that she's here, it turns out to be the opposite. . .

Pinkie pie you don't mean that. "Twilight stands in front of Pinkie." I know this was a shock to us that your cousin could keep such a secret. But you can’t stay mad at her. Like Fluttershy said, there’s got to be an explanation for all this. If you could find it in yourself to listen, I’m sure she’ll open up to us.

Yeah, Twilight’s right Pinkie. “said Rainbow dash.” So what do you say we find her and patch things up together?

. . . . . No.

No? What do you mean no?! She’s your cousin.

Sugar Cube that stubbornness of yours ain't gonna solve your problem with her.

I said NO! I don't want to see her. . . Not looking like that.

Bu-But she can be anywhere by now Pinkie . . . What if she packs her things and leaves Ponyville.

Then that's her decision. . .

. . . .

I'm sorry girls, but I'm going home. . . I lost my party mood. . .


Pinkie pie walks past her friends and exits the ballroom. Twilight and the rest can't do anything but watch her leave the castle. Spike tries to get everyone's attention and resumes the gathering.


What kind of reaction was that?! Doesn’t she care about Pizza pie?

That incident earlier with Pizza pie was too personal, it's a lot for her to take in. Let's just give her some space to think. . .

Indeed. "Said Rarity while brushing Fluttershys' mane." That kind of drama can take a toll on anypony.

Right . . . So uh, what now Twilight? Should we find Pizza pie?

We should Applejack. She's still not familiar with Ponyville, and she could get lost. C'mon girls.



Wait! "Starlight teleports in front of Twilight and the others." You're leaving? What about the guess?

You and Spike stay here and keep the party going, we’ll be right back with Pizza pie.

Well, ok Twilight. Just hurry back before Trixie's gonna do one of her performances again.

As long as she entertains every creature, that's fine. Let’s go girls.


The ponies exit the gathering and starts looking for Pizza pie, leaving Starlight behind. She sees Spike cleaning up the punch table and the guest resumes back to the party as if nothing happened. She goes over to Spike to help but then, she sense that someone is watching her. She looks around the crowd and sees no one unusual present. Then a hoof landed on her shoulder. She startled and turns around.


Starlight. “Trixie smiled, dragging with her, a magic trunk.” I saw Princess Twilight and her friends leave the castle-

Trixie! Don't sneak up on me like that!

What are you talking about? You were just standing here. Anyway, I think this is my chance to make a performance here, At the gathering!

Gee- I don't know Trixie, how about we just enjoy the evening-

And miss the opportunity to entertain these creatures with my spectacular Talents?! Not a chance! "Trixie moves close to Starlight and whispers." Also I heard her said yes. Wink.

Uuugghh!! . . . Fine. Just nothing too crazy that I have to pull you out of it.

I, THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE MADE NO SUCH PROMISE! For the sake of the audience, they deserve the best of Trixie's performance!

Sigh . . . Welp so much for toning it down. Let's just get this over with. . .

That's the spirit, and always I appreciate you for being supportive of Trixie. "She follows Starlight while dragging her trunk to the stage." Uh . . A little help? . . .

"Starlight rolled her eyes and used her to magic levitate Trixie's magic trunk." Let's go . . .


While Trixie and Starlight walk away, a mystery pony is observing them from the crowd. At the other side of the ballroom, Discord saw everything earlier and was mildly surprised. While Princess Luna was also surprised but was confused.


Well, I wish I could say I didn’t saw it coming. But it seems that was very predictable even for me. Don’t you think so your highness?

What did you do?!

Did what? It wasn’t me Princess Luna, Honest.

Don’t lie to me. How can that pony’s cutie mark j-just melt like that?!

Didn't you hear what Pinkie pie said to her cousin? She painted that cutie mark of her to look the same, heck she went so far as to dye her mane too.

P-Painted?! Ridiculous, how can a mare at her age hasn't gain her cutie mark?

That’s a good question. . . I guess I was right. She was that uptight mare from Mitaly. I didn't think I would ever see her again. Hmmm . . . I guess its a small world after all.

Discord? . . . Discord? . . Discord!

Oh, forgive me. What is it your highness?

What were you thinking?

Oh nothing. Still processing on how embarrassing that whole mess was, especially on Pinkie's sake.

I know what you mean. But still, it's unusual for a mare of her age that hasn't got a cutie mark. It's-It's unheard of.

Agreed. It just makes you wonder, how does one live without a cutie mark.

I can't imagine. It could be that some take much longer to find their destiny.

Hmm . . Could be . . . . Or . . .

Or what? Speak.

Or she has other plans in mind.

Plans? What plan? What are you hiding?

Oh, fine. . . . I guess there's no reason to keep it a secret. . . Very well.

Tell me everything Discord, what you know.

Sigh . . . . I only met her during my magic raid with that traitorous Tirek. We reached Mitaly and were rounding up all the ponies that were hiding. He took every single magic they had. No pony was spared, no pony except for one. .


Oh, Tirek . . .

What?! What is it?! Can’t you see I’m still feeding up some leftover magic here?

Yes, yes I know but we simply must head on to Canterlot for our little payback with the Royal princesses.

Grrr!! . . . Wait until I’m done eating! Then we can move on.

Yes, yes, I do understand but there’s no pony left here for you to steal magic.

Heh, “Tirek grins, as he sense a presence.” No, there is still one more.


Behind the statue of the Alicorns, A mare with a swirly mane wearing a cloak overheard them. She quietly sneaks away from the two monsters. Just as she is about to run, suddenly the statue is lifted off into the air, and the mare is spotted. She dashes off as fast as she can, reaching the other side of the block. Tired, she leans and peeks behind the wall. She felt relief that she got away safely until they both appeared right in front of her. Tirek used his magic to levitate the mare towards him. The mare struggles to free herself but Tireks’ magic is too strong.


What is your name mare?

P-Pizzaniac peach pie . . . please don’t hurt me!

Oh, a pie pony. Ask her if she's one of Pinkie pie’s relatives.

Who is this Pinkie pie? Is she one of your pony friends Discord?

Well, I wouldn’t exactly call them friends but temporary acquaintances.

Wait- Y-You know my cousin?. . Cousin Pinkie is your friend?

Cousin? I didn't think Pinkie pie would have a cousin here in Mitaly? How wonderful, what a small world. I know this isn't my best first impression of a friend's relative, but I'll keep this short. Now, would you like me to give a message to your cousin? Before we take away your magic? Hmmm . . . .“He poofs out a scroll and pen.

L-Let me go!! ? Just who are you two?!

Well, that's not a very nice message to pass on to your cousin.

Enough Discord, mare wants to know who we are. “He stares menacingly at Pizzaniac.” I am Tirek, the fear of all ponies and the future ruler of Equestria!

And I’m Discord, Spirit of chaos, Deliverer of Disharmony, Master of deceiving, you know . . . those kinds of things.

Ughh!! Whatever it is you're doing, you won't get away with this! The Royal sisters of Equestria will stop both of yo-

Silence! Once I devour all the magic in Equestria, no one, not even your precious princesses shall stand in my way!

Anything else you like to comment?

. . . .

No? Nothing? Well ok then, go ahead Tirek.


Pizzaniac tries to break free one last time but fails. She closed her eyes and accepted her faith. Tirek starts taking her magic. As he did, he sense nothing.


What is this? “Tirek tries a second time, but still nothing.” Why can’t I feel her magic?!

Hmmm . . . that's odd. “Discord examines Pizzaniac closely. Then he realized she's wearing a long cloak covering her flank. Puzzled, he lifts it up and sees the problem. He smirks then turns to Tirek." Oh, I see the problem. Tirek you would not believe this but, this mare doesn't have a cutie mark.

What? That’s preposterous “Tirek pulls off the mares' cloak.” You're right, is mare is still a blank flank. “He releases Pizzaniac and she falls to the ground. He laughs at her in disbelief.” I can’t believe you wasted my time, made me think I could get anything from you. But I see, that you have NOTHING to begin with. Why, I could kill you right here.


Tirek lifts his enormous hoof above Pizzaniac, ready to stomp her. Froze, she couldn't move away out of fear. But then Discord appears in front of Pizzaniac.


Now hold up Tirek.

Now, what?!

As much as I love to see you stomp on this tasteless pony, we should be heading to Canterlot and take the princess's magic instead. Otherwise, they might run off somewhere and we don't have time for that.

He looks at Discord then at the terrified mare. Sigh . . . It seems that you're right. Come Discord, we wasted enough time here.


Tirek drops his hoof next to Pizzaniac and walk pass her. Discord follows behind then stops. He turns back and looks down at the mare in pity.


Consider this as my mercy to you.

. . . . .

Who would’ve thought one day, I could ever meet a mare that hasn’t found her cutie mark. I don't know what's taking you this long but, whatever you're doing it's not worth spending your time on it.

. . . . . . "Pizzaniac couldn't hold back her tears and it falls down her cheeks." I-

Now, Now, don’t be sad dearie. “He poofs out a tissue and wipes Pizzaniac's face.” You'll find yours someday. When that time ever comes. You make sure that He isn't around to take it. Besides, you don't want your cousin to know about this now do we?

. . . . . Y-You wouldn't-

Of course not, I'd be our little secret-

Discord!! Quit talking to that empty shell of a mare and let's go!

"Discord sticks his tongue out behind Tirek then turns back to her." Welp, I must go. It was nice to meet you. And hopefully our last.

. . . . .

Oh and, You're welcome by the way. Tah tah!



With Discord's last words, Pizzaniac watched the two monsters leave her hometown. She wheeps in shame as she was spared by pity. Surrounded by her fellow villagers, who were unconscious and drained of their magic.


And that was the last time I saw her. To be honest, it didn't cross my mind that we'd ever meet again. And now that I know she's here, looking similar to Pinkie pie. Complete with matching mane and cutie marks. At first, I didn't quite get why it took her that long to get her cutie mark. But after all this, it makes sense now. The promise, the look-alike, the lies. She wanted to be just like her cousin so bad she gave up finding hers! That mare is beyond me on mischief-

Enough of your jokes Discord! You knew all about her all this time?!

Well, why should I tell Pinkie pie or her friends about my humiliating encounter with her cousin? I’d rather keep my mouth shut than have to “involve” with all this pety drama.

Perhaps you've made a point.

W-Wait I do?

Yes, it was not your concern to get involved. But a lie like hers cannot be prevented forever. Neither does mine. I should go.

Where are you going? The cake table is that way.

Instead of wasting your time eating cake, why not assist me in looking for Pinkie pie’s cousin?

And what? Prove to her I was right? That she is a complete fake not only to her friends but to her only cousin she cares about too? No, thank you. I would make things much worse than it is right now.

That's true. You were the one who knew all this.

Exactly. “Chewing a slice of cake" So I'd be best that I wasn't the one who finds her.

Agreed. You should stay here and enjoy the party. If my Sister is looking for me, tell her I went home.

Lie to your only sister? How unlike you at all.

I don’t want my sister to worry about any more problems. This is her only night that she could relax from her duties.

Fine, fine, I’ll make sure she won’t be concerned about what happened earlier.

Thank you Discord.


Princess Luna gives her plate of slice cake to Discord and exits the ballroom. Joining the search for Pizza pie. Discord waves at Luna leaving, without knowing that Princess Celestia is approach behind him.


Discord, is everything alright?

Wha? . . Oh, Celestia. I didn't see you there. Yes, everything's fine. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Hmmm. . . I heard from the ponies that there was an accident in the ballroom. Care to tell me what happened?

Oh, somepony just slipped at the punch table. Nothing major about it. I suspect the Ditzy eye one did it. "Discord and Celestia look at Derpy on the other side, gorging herself on some muffins."

I see . . . So where is my sister?

Princess Luna? . . Oh, She's just around here somewhere. She must've been with some other group of ponies.

Oh, you mean her new friends? splendid. Its nice that she's making some friends. I should met them-

Well, tell you what Celestia. You just enjoy the party while I go look for Luna and her new pony friends.

Are you sure don’t mind? I don’t want to trouble you-

Trouble? It’ll be an honor for me to do so. Now, just have a fun night.

If that's the case, thank you Discord.


Princess Celestia leaves Discord and goes to talk to the other guests. He faces the table and puts down Luna's plate.


You never think about the consequences you’ve caused. If you hadn’t been so selfish over power, all those horrible times wouldn't happen!

He walks to the nearest window, leans and stares at the full moon." I-I suppose I should feel bad for what I've did . . .

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✶✶✶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✶✶✶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✶✶✶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

~ End of chapter 10

Author's Note:

Pizza pie's promise is not what it seems, Pinkie pie finds out the truth of their similarities. What was once a warming promise between cousins, became a cold and heartbreaking disappointment. Blinded by her admiration of her Pink relative, she didn't focus on improving herself. This existential crisis led one Pie made her lose the trust of her only happiness.

Discord met the black flank mare at Mitaly during his cutie mark raid with Tirek. Spare by humility, Pizza pies past encounter with Discord haunts her. At the point it triggered her anxiety and fear of him.