• Published 18th Dec 2023
  • 247 Views, 8 Comments

Full Friendship's Magic #2 (A Pie's white lie) - Reykatan



The Pie cousins lived together as promise, but one pies lie follows her wherever she went.

  • ...
1
 8
 247

Scroll of Modesty Chapter 7: Cake before the social

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✶✶✶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✶✶✶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✶✶✶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

I’m scared . . . why is he chasing us? How long do we have to hide here?

Luna everything's going to be alright. It isn’t your concern, This matter is between me and him

What exactly did you do? Why won’t you tell me?

I apologize for dragging you into this mess. It’s difficult to explain everything.

I know you’re out here somewhere, I won’t think twice about killing you in this place.

W-where are you going?

I don’t have a choice, Luna.

I . . . I can’t let you do this!

This isn’t fair well but . . . until we meet again. . .

No wait! I still need to know what's in these! . . wait! I-


STOOPP!!! GAHHH!! . . . . “Luna wakes from a bad dream. She breathes heavily and tries calming herself. She gets up, reaches the table, and grabs a glass of water.Sigh . . . Not that again, that memory. Why won't it go away . . .

Sister? “Celestia comes knocking on the door.” Sister? Is everything alright? I heard noises.

"Luna flies to the door and opens it." Oh sister. I'm fine, It was nothing. Just the same old memory appearing during my dream walk.

Again? This is the 7th time this month. Tell me, are you having visions of another crisis within the lands?

No.

Is the Tantrapus trying to escape from your dreams again?

No.

Is it Discord, pulling one of his shenanigans?

No. There was no crisis, it wasn't the Tantrapus or Discord . . . "Luna paused and looked at her Sister." H-He had nothing to do with it. As I said before, it's just an old memory that keeps haunting me.

Is it about your banishment to the moon? If it is, you shouldn't dwell on it badly. It’s all in the past now.

That's not it either sister . . .

Then what is it? "Celestia lifts Luna's chin as she looks at her in the eye." You can tell me. What kind of memory it is that kept you awake these past few days?

I've told you sister that it was nothing- "She pushed Celestia and looked away." N-Nothing for you to be concerned about. You can leave now.

Oh, I see . . . “Celestia turns to exit her sister's room. As she reached the door, she looked back at Luna and softly smiled.” I wouldn’t raise the sun for the next couple of hours. How about taking a break from dreamwalking for tonight?

Sigh . . . alright, sister. I'll do just that. “Luna smiles back as Celestia closes the door. She turns her head out the window and gazes up at the night sky.If only I could tell you what happened that day sister. . . But I couldn't build up the courage to do so . . .

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✶✶✶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✶✶✶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✶✶✶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Days later.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✶✶✶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✶✶✶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✶✶✶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

It's another busy day in Sugar Cube Corners. With tons of new orders rolled in and the Cake family is busier than ever. All sorts of desserts were requested, from muffins to pies, and mostly cakes. All ready for Ponyvilles’ next social gathering held at Twilight’s castle. Everyone is invited and is excited about the occasion.


Mr. Cake brought in a tray of muffins at the pie cousins.” Here’s another batch of muffins Pinkie pie.

Oh thanks, Mr. Cake. I'll wrap them up in a giffy!! “Pinkie pie took the muffins and wrapped them into a box. She looks at both sides then slowly takes one to snack on."

And stop snacking on the orders Pinkie. “Mr. Cake notices Pinkie's crummy hooves reaching for the muffins.

Awww . . . “Pinkie giggled and replies.” Okie Dokie Lokie! I wont- " But Pinkie can't resist and takes one." Hmmmm. . . well just one tinchy little sna-

No."Mr. Cakes gently hit Pinkie's hoof of the muffin batch." You can eat the extras when we're done.

Oh, Fine . . . "As soon as Mr. Cake turns his head, Pinkie shoves a cupcake out of the batch and into her mouth."


While in the kitchen, Mrs. Cake is decorating the ordered bakes. And with Pizza pie’s help, they made unique designs for each order.


Oh, these are wonderful Pizza pie. "said Mrs. Cake." As I expect from the pie family, having such decorative skills. Especially from another region.

Oh, really? Thank you Mrs. Cake. "Pizza pie blushes." I guess this talent is in our blood.

I bet. Knowing Pinkie pie, she said that you’re a spokesmare to your father’s restaurant in Mitaly. Surely you have some spare time decorating baked goods.

That's true, but I started doing it after my cousin's visit. With a lot of practice both at home and at the rock farm, I managed to get the hang of it. And that also explains how I got the same cutie mark just like cousin Pinkie.

Oh! I heard somepony say my name. “Pinkie pie walks in, pulling out a wagon full of freshly packed bakes.

Oh, cousin. I was just talking to Mrs. Cake about what we had in common.

Do we now? Well, we’re both good at baking, we both love fun stuff, and we look alike now. That pretty much covers up what we had in common!

Yup, it sure does Pinkie. "Pizza smiles." Despite how many years it's been you're always been my drive to open up to new things.

Aww really? “Pinkie hugs her cousin tightly with joy.” Oh, I’m so glad you’re finally here! Together we can spread smiles and laughs all over Ponyville or even all across Equestria!

That's a long stretch but, I bet we can cousin.

"The pie cousin laughs, just as all seems like any other day. Then suddenly, they hear a bell ring."

What was that?

What was what? "Pinkie turns to Pizza pie while munching the muffin she took earlier."

It sounds like a doorbell.

What really? Mrs. Cake, you didn't tell me we have a doorbell.

No Pinkie, we don't. "Mrs. Cake hit Pinkie's hoof dropping the muffins." But it does sound like it's coming from the front door.

Hmmm . . .


"The doorbell sound kept ringing. Curious, Pizza pie goes to the door to check. As she did, there was no doorbell on the sides and no pony outside except a box of one of their bakings."


Huh? That's strange . . . "Pizza pie picks up the box and brings it inside." Cousin did you leave this outside?

Uh, no. If I do I would remember it.

Hmmmm . . . I guess someone must've forgotten to pick it up.

Ooor someone left this just for laughs!

"Then out of nowhere, an erie vocie replied." Hmmm, laughs you say?


The box in front of them starts to float. It then spun around, spits out a brown blob, and falls on the floor. The blob wiggles as it slowly takes its form. It towered over at Pizza pie, and slowly transformed into Discord. Pizza is surprised and immediately steps back while Pinkie pie is unfazed and hops over to him.


Oh, Hi Discord. I haven’t seen you around lately. What’s up?

Oh, nothing much dear Pinkie, I just got back from my long vacation in the Bahamas. It was quite enjoyable really until I remembered something important. I was about to miss my first-ever Ponyville social gathering at Twilight’s castle.

But it won’t start until next week and today is Saturday.

Exactly! Now, I'm just by stopping to make an order for the occasion.

Well, that’s nice uh, Mr. Discord but we’re already booked with so many orders. "said Mrs. Cake as she looked through the request list."

Oh, nonsense. “He puts his claws over her.” I’m sure you can squeeze in one more by yours truly Mrs. Cake. "He snaps his fingers and the list magically expands to fit his name."

W-Well I don't see why not. I mean, anything for you Discord.

Wonderful! Now, I’ll have a chocolate fudge cake with vanilla filling and icing Oh! let’s not forget the shape. Hmm . . . let's see . . . Oh! I want it to be shaped like a pyramid with a top hat. Don’t ask.

R-Right. . . "Mrs. Cake writes down his order on the expanded list." So, that's one pyramid-shaped chocolate fudge cake with both filling and icing vanilla flavored and a top hat. "She looks at the list she wrote on Discord's request, then looks at him." Uh . . Well, I'll get started on it be right back.

Thank you ever so much Mrs. Cake and oh do take your time. I just want this occasion worth remembering. And with the cake you bake, I'll be the talk of the social.


As Discord turns his attention to Pinkie pie, he notices the look-alike pony behind her. Pizza pie avoids eye contact, hoping she won't get his attention. Discord look puzzled, at the pony behind Pinkie pie and why she looked away. But then, a memory came back to him. He smirks as he approaches the pie cousins.


Oh, Pinkie pie.

Yes, Discord?

I do recall you said there aren’t any more copies of yourself running around Ponyville.

Oh Discord, that was a long time ago. And if there’s any more of me around, my Pinkie sense would go off.

Hmm I see. Well, what about that pony behind you then?

Huh? “Pizza pie looks at Pinkie and Discord.” W-Who me?

Who else am I talking to? “He flies up to Pizza pie and bopped her nose.” You of course. With your mane looking like hers and everything.

Well uh . . . That's is uh . . . It's actually uh. . . "She starts to sweat and tries to come up with a decent excuse. Then Pinkie jumps in between them."

Don't be silly Discord, she's not a clone me, she's my cousin.

Cousin?

Yup, she’s my cousin Pizza pie. "Pinkie pulls in her cousin next to her." She used to live in Mitaly and now she lives with me!

Hmmmmm . . . . Mitaly you say?

Uh-huh. I've visited her house when I was a filly. When we met, she was super uptight, like she was no fun at all.

P-Pinkie, you don't need to tell him that-

Oh, why not dear? There's nothing wrong with sharing your childhood stories with good friends.

. . . . I uh . .

And Besides, I'm interested to know. "Discord grins at Pizza pie, feeling more uncomfortable than before." Continue Pinkie.

Sure thing! Now where was I . . . Oh, yes! She said that doesn't do fun because her Papa won't let her. So me and my sisters threw her a party, she got mad, I got sad, then she ran away, then I found her, I apologized, then we made up- "Pinkie inhales heavily."

Uh . . . Cousin-

Wait wait! I'm not finished. . . . Then we had a sleepover and stayed up all night! Before we went home, we made our first Pinkie promise! That one day will live together and now here we are! together just like we promised! Only now, we both look alike aaannd even have the same cutie mark! "Pinkie pie hugs her cousin tight in front of Discord."

Look alike huh? “Discord turns to Pizza pie and he takes a good look at her.

T-That's right. . . . I made a promise to be here. "She nervously smiles." It's uh . . . nice to meet you Mr. Discord.

Oh please call me just Discord. "Discord offers his claw to Pizza pie."

Ah right . . ."She grabs his claw and they shake hooves." It's nice to meet you Discord

Likewise. But no need for a formal greeting "He closes in on Pizza's face." Because I think we've met before.

Wh-What? No! . . .No, did we? "Pizza pie franticly replied." . . . Not that I remember.

Are you sure? Because I remember meeting a mare with the same color as you. But her mane was a bit different back then. Swirly even, like a scoop of ice cream, and with an uptight attitude, much like what your cousin describes you.

Uh . . . T-That could be anypony. I-I mean swirly manes are a thing in Mitaly after all. "Pizza pie laughs awkwardly and looks away."

Gasp!” NO way! Does that mean you’ve been to Mitaly Discord?

Well yes Pinkie. During its early eras, Mitaly was the most populated place in the region next to Equestria. Why the last time I’ve been there is with that Traitorous Tirek stealing all the ponies’ cutie marks for himself. Except one at least. . .

O-One? “Pizza pie nervously replied.” W-Who might that be?

That uptight mare I talked about. Oh! I forgot to mention, that same mare I met didn't even have a cutie mark at the time.

A mare with no cutie mark? Well, that’s weird to believe. Hmmm . . . . Cousin, any idea who that pony Discord's talking about?

Uh . . . I-I wouldn’t know . . . I-I mean I was off to Equestria when that happened to be honest . . .

Aw . . . too bad. Welp whoever that pony is, I sure hope she finally got her cutie mark already. Good thing you got yours at the rock farm with my sisters helped you out cousin.

Yeah, good thing I did. I mean it wasn't easy to get one just like yours Pinkie. . .

Yup no kidding, I got mine when Rainbow dash flew across the sky and made her first Sonic Rainboom!

Hmmm . . .Right. “Discord looks at Pizza pie and replies to Pinkie.” Good for you Pizza pie. And wherever that uptight pony is right now, I hope she's better than to cheat her way into getting one.

Cheating? "Pinkie asked." What do you mean?

I mean, it's not like She wasted her time, trying to be somepony she's not, just for one's approval. But that's unlikely to happen. "Then, Discord snaps his fingers."

. . . . .


Clueless, Pinkie stares at Pizza pie and Discord. Not aware of the situation. Then conversation got to an awkward silence until Mrs. Cake came back from the kitchen with his order.


Here you go Discord, one Pyramid-shaped vanilla filling, and chocolate fudge cake with a top hat on top. You know it's odd, there's already a pyramid-shaped cake lying on the table. And I don't remember baking it. Talk about coincidence.

Oh Mrs. Cake, This is just perfect! "Discord takes his cake, shrinks it down, and puts it in his Fluttershy-shaped pouch. " And not an hour to wait, Thank you again.

Don't mention it Discord, and I hope you'll have a grand time at the social gathering this weekend.

You too as well Mrs. Cake. "Discord turns his attention back to the Pie cousins." Well as much as I love to chat some more, it's almost 3 and I can't be late for my afternoon tea time with Fluttershy. "Discord offers his claws again to Pizza pie." It's been a pleasure to meet you Pizza pie. I hope we can talk more at the gathering.

Y-yeah . . . same here . . . "Pizza shook his claws once more."

Discord snaps his fingers, summons a Pumpkin chariot with mice as mounts, and exits the bakery.” Tah Tah.

Bye Discord, see you at the party! "Pinkie waves at Discord as he fades in the distance." Wow everypony's sure is excited about the social gathering party huh cousin?

. . . .

Cousin. . . "She waves her hoof in front of Pizza's face." Are you ok?

HUH?! Oh, I’m sorry Pikie, I was thinking of something . . . W-what were you saying?

I said this social gathering is gonna be the best one this year! You’re gonna make lots of ponies and make tons of new friends! You'll fit right in no time!

Yeah . . . fit right in . . .

Pizza pie smiles at Pinkie. Hiding her concerns with Discord from her cousin. As the social gathering draws near, her anxiousness gets worse. Her biggest fear is becoming real.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✶✶✶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✶✶✶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ✶✶✶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

~ End of chapter 7

Author's Note:

The longer you keep a secret the bigger the chance someone will find out. Both ponies were ashamed to open up such secrets from others. Fearing they might hurt the ones they care the most.