• Published 9th Sep 2023
  • 135 Views, 6 Comments

Mud the Kelpie Part 2 - Topazzia



Mud is all grown up, bigger and stronger now, she must learn to keep her strength where it belongs.

  • ...
 6
 135

Kelpie's Dress

Ponies may look like Kelpies, but they were much stranger creatures when given time to study them. The food they eat, how they speak, and the things they do for fun. While kelpies had similar methods for camouflage, ponies did the exact opposite, dressing in bright puffy clothes to make themselves bigger and more noticeable.

Mud saw no point in this, and found the activity boring and eating into very useful naptime. However, Rarity had other plans, plans to make Mud into pony material.

The boutique was shaped round and topped with a cone or dome roof, reminding the kelpie of the huts she used to sleep in. But it was much bigger than a hut, and more colorful. The bright colors blended together and lit a small spark in the grey mare’s chest, almost calming and soothing her thoughts.

The unicorn wanted to commence with decorating her new giant doll, but was forced into providing hayburgers, lest there would be nonstop grumbling and growling for the afternoon. After a very quick snack that became a meal, it was time to make a new dress. Once inside her master lair, Rarity went to work, trotting over to her sewing desk of tools.

Mud stalked along the wall, eyeing all the different pelts in each cubby. Some were black and had all legs for ponies, and others looked like big flowers of all shapes and sizes. She had eaten flowers before, and they were sweet and melty.

Licking her muzzle, she picked the tastiest looking one. Due for desert after filling up on burgers and fries, with not one milkshake. There was one dress, and pretty orange one with white swirls, looking almost like pumpkin pie.

From spending winter with the ponies, they made very peculiar foods, even from their usual diet. Pumpkin pie was very memorable as they never made it any other season. The best part was that it was fluffy, gooey, sweet and seasoned, and was served with big blobs of whipped cream. Just thinking of actual pie made this dress look even more delectable. Muzzle now dripping with saliva, the kelpie opened her jaws as wide as possible.

Rarity turned with her measuring tape at the right time to see her dress be engulfed in that filthy maw. Shock and surprise filling her body, eyes went wide as she let out a harsh accusatory “Mud!”

The kelpie whipped around, a piece of orange hanging out her mouth. Blue magic grasped the visible piece, tugging it up into the air above Mud. The rest of the dress slid out of the kelpie’s throat, partly swallowed. Mud released it and gagged as the last bit left her mouth.

Rarity winced at the drenched and stained fabric, “Well, that’s ruined forever.”
Levitating it into a waste bin, she turned with a smile to Mud.
“How about, instead of devouring my inventory, you pick one you imagine yourself wearing.”

Mud huffed and slunk over to a rack, looking over each dress with the most lack of interest.

Red, eye catching, but too vibrant.
White, wouldn’t look good under a brown mane.

Mud had not noticed she was actively being “fashionable” like a pony, devising what she looks like and putting it with what she saw before her, nothing like she saw herself before entering the boutique.

Rarity the whole while floated the measuring tape, wrapping it around the various parts of the large grey mare. Mud was too distracted to notice, but caught a slip of words from the unicorn behind her.

Rarity just viewed the mark from the kelpie’s waistline, “Hm, extra strength thread.”

Shooting a glare at her small friend, Mud took a few annoyed strides away.

After a few more minutes, Mud was growing bored of just looking at dresses. Just until she was ready to give up and fall asleep on the spot, she stopped in front of one dress. Finding she did not move from it, she took a few deep breathes, letting the color and shape sooth her. Imagining herself wearing it, the way the shoulders and skirt looked, and her grey fur matching deeply with the fresh blue.

Rarity peeked around to see Mud’s choice, strolling up to see it better.
“Ah, an excellent choice Darling.”

She levitated the dress off the hook, lifting it to Mud’s side to see the colors side by side. Looking please with the choice, the unicorn took it to her desk. She took out thread and scissors and the same color of fabric from a large roll. The unicorn then went to work.


Mud stood defiantly in front of the small creatures, they surrounded her, cornering her against her own bedroom door. After doing almost four test fits at Rarity’s boutique, the kelpie thought that would be the last of it, but now the ponies want her to wear it in front of them!

Mud felt embarrassment welling in her chest, the box holding the vary dress on her back. The ponies around her eyed the box and the kelpie evilly, urging her.

“Y’all can’t just get a new dress an’ not show us.”

“You looked perfectly fine earlier Darling; I don’t see the problem.”

“C’mon! You’d feel better once you do it!” Pinkie jumped up and down.

Mud stayed quiet, backed up completely against the door, eyes shut tight, wishing her antagonizers will go away. But Starlight opened the door behind her, causing the kelpie to fall backward. Looking up in surprise, Mud saw Starlight peeking through the crack.

“Now put it on, we wanna see how you look.”

Mud whimpered as the door closed, and stood up, looking down at the box. She sighed and batted off the lid with a hoof, grumbling as she scooped the folded dress with a hoof.

A moment later, after hearing her grumblings and whimpers, the door slowly opened again. The kelpie shuffled out, dragging her hooves, and the dress she now wore.

It was a sky blue against her fur, being a very simple style of dress. The shoulders were folded over, and a thin binding around the waist. No layers, and just solid color. And as promised, it was reinforced with the addition of a very stretchy material. Probably best it be resistant enough to roughhousing and other kelpie activities.

“Well I’ll be…” Applejack exhaled, tipping her hat with a hoof.

“Splendid Darling.” Rarity smiled proudly.

“So cute!” Pinkie shrieked excitedly.

Starlight’s eyes sparkled, taking in the moment. “Come on Muddy, smile.”

Mud struggled to turn her head, meeting the unicorn’s gaze. It was no smile, embarrassed quivering and blushing, it was enough. A sudden flash of light, and Mud growled in shock. Starlight now held a camera, and the fresh picture slid out, depicting the kelpie in her beautiful new dress.

After more ogling, Mud could bare it no more, she looked pleadingly at her unicorn guardian.
“Can I take it off now?”

Starlight nodded, “Yes you can, but you wear it whenever Twilight visits.”

The kelpie spun around; thankful the skirt covered the tail tucked between her legs. She quickly slid out of it and packed it away in her closet, thankful the attention wasn’t on her. It was however, very comfortable to wear, not at all restricting or bothersome on her scruff, and was very lite. She considered it might not be horrible to just wear when she was by herself.

The ponies left the hall, and were now in the lounge room. Mud spied through the doorway, seeing them all standing in front of the fireplace. Sneaking over, she saw what they were squeaking about. It was that picture, of Mud in a dress, framed and set on the mantelpiece. It was only slightly embarrassing at this degree, but still enough that the kelpie’s ears burned and face turn red.

Her assertive nature now crippled. Ponies managing to render this kelpie to mewling against a wall with nothing but flimsy fabric. But perhaps, if she was to be a dress wearing kelpie, she would be the best dress wearing kelpie.


The End…

Author's Note:

she so purdy ^^

Comments ( 2 )

I think Mud looks pretty in her dress. She should be proud instead of embarrassed. ^^

11709423
she loves it ^^
and will wear it a gain in a bit

Login or register to comment