• Published 1st Sep 2023
  • 180 Views, 13 Comments

Fractured Steel - Serina



Amidst royal conflict, two brothers, torn apart by duty and loyalty, navigate a kingdom on the edge of war. Through exchanged letters, their story unveils the events preceding Princess Luna's imprisonment, redefining their world.

  • ...
0
 13
 180

Youthful Escapades

Dear Brother,

I hope this letter finds you well amidst your new endeavors. It's heartening to see that you haven't let the excitement of your new role overshadow your connections back home. I can imagine the demanding regimen you're immersed in, and I admire your determination to excel.

Observing the guards patrolling the town, I can't help but sense their unwavering dedication to their duty. I understand the need for professionalism, but I trust that you'll find a balance that allows you to fulfill your responsibilities without losing the genuine warmth that defines you. The essence of our family lies in the authenticity of our connections, and I believe your presence will remind the guards of that very spirit.

Mom's recounting of our youthful escapades never fails to elicit both amusement and mild mortification. While I appreciate her attempt to draw fond memories from the depths of the past, I agree that we should both be grateful she hasn't revealed too many of our escapades to the townsfolk. It's curious how she attributes my occasional flushed face to the heat of the furnace rather than the embarrassment she unwittingly inflicts.

Dad's resilience is reassuring. I'm glad he's gradually accepting his need for rest, even if his stubbornness hasn't wavered. Working together has been both challenging and rewarding; I'm grateful for his guidance and contribution. The rhythm of life here has certainly shifted in your absence, leading to a quieter, more focused environment. The town may be missing your presence, but they're comforted by the thought of your eventual return, clad in resplendent golden armor – a sight that seems beyond the realm of possibility yet brims with hope.

The past holds an assortment of memories, some more whimsical than others. It's a testament to our tenacity that we tried every conceivable approach to infiltrate the mysterious realm beyond those castle walls. And yet, here you are, standing at the precipice of that very realm. It's both surreal and inspiring.

I await your insights about the path you now tread, eager to hear how you're adapting to the demands of your training. I hope the rigors don't daunt you, my strong-willed brother. The thought of you returning home incapacitated after your first day is a scenario I can't help but chuckle about, although I earnestly hope that fate spares you such an experience.
Mom's concern and love remain unwavering, as anticipated. She's eager to send you some of her renowned cookies, a gesture of care that she believes transcends distance. She also entertains thoughts of visiting, her enthusiasm for your presence akin to the passage of months rather than a solitary day. Her affectionate nature is as consistent as the sunrise.
I anticipate your response and the opportunity to share more about the developments back home. Until then, Thunder, keep your determination alight, your spirit genuine, and your heart open to the journey that unfolds before you.

Your Brother,
Onyx Haze