• Published 31st Mar 2023
  • 362 Views, 7 Comments

Woodland Creatures - Mockingbirb



When Sunset steals alien Princess Twilight's new nanotechnology invention, some of the consequences surprise everyone. A lonely girl might even find true love (or maybe not.)

  • ...
9
 7
 362

An Optional Pre-Story Author's Note

Author's Note:

The Before-Reading Author's Note1

Here's a hint about some of what I'm doing with this story. You can read the hint either before or after the story itself, and I'm pretty sure some of you will agree with me and some of you will disagree.

What can happen if someone who's fairly good at piecing together clues to what's going on in a story reads "Woodland Creatures" without knowing much of anything about Equestria Girls or MLP:FiM going in?

1 (Added about twenty-three hours after "Woodland Creatures" was first posted to fimfiction.net. Moved to its own chapter about ~twenty-four~hours~ thirty hours (because I forgot to hit the 'Publish' button on this chapter) after that, to get fimfiction.net to allow it to be in an official author's note section.)

Comments ( 5 )

... Huh. Fascinating initial concept, though what you chose to do with it is...

Daring. Let's go with "daring." Best of luck in the judging.

11546211
Edited: (reordered for clarity; added explanatory link)

Did you see how many 'sovereigns' I threw in before the end of the story?
:twilightsmile:

This story represents my attempt to comply with EVERY fimfiction.net story contest of the last few years, all at the same time. T AND M rated contests. :trollestia:

Cyborg, nanomachine, clarkes law EQG is something I never knew I wanted till now.

(Test comment)

What can happen if someone who's fairly good at piecing together clues to what's going on in a story reads "Woodland Creatures" without knowing much of anything about Equestria Girls or MLP:FiM going in?

okay you have completely lost me here


so maybe i am missing something, but i am reading this as yet another Mockingbirb contest entry that follows the letter of the rules of a contest but in a way that would only let it barely qualify on a technicality. it’s a pretty central Sci-Fi story, though, so the rules you are skirting are really Spring Fling’s, and i must say that it was the most impressive out of all of them, you whatever gender-neutral form of “bastard” there is.

i feel like i need to both read and write a few stories where Wallflower is a normal person in a normal relationship as penance for enjoying this one. 

Login or register to comment