• Published 16th Oct 2012
  • 1,225 Views, 11 Comments

Under Lunar Wings - JP HACK



Celestia is not the only one with a faithful student, Luna has one too.

  • ...
5
 11
 1,225

Chapter 10: Hope

Chapter 10 - Hope.

By: JP HACK

Co Written by: Shadowxrazor

Editors: Both co author and author.

Story steered by : Shadowxrazor

Provider of actual sweet rolls : Cinnabon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the sun goes down, all life dies off. As the world fades, we watch summer turn to winter in three seconds, hark as the world beckons, for the help that we need, please go, listen to our plead. We watch the plants freeze over. Now we have to start all over. We need to take a stand keep going. Look at the world, what has it come to? Everything fades to gray...all we have left is this frozen tipped winter rose...most color we've seen in forever...we will go on, we must go on, for ever and ever... - Unknown.
--------------------
Location: Canterlot Castle Hospital - Room #167
Time: 9:30 AM
-------------------

Lance finally opened his eyes. The last thing he remembered was a bunch of doctors and a frantic Hammerheart tending to his leg. And what was worse is the frakking princess shows up and drops a bombshell on Strifes whereabouts making Nova practically teleport to who knows where. He looked around in the small room. A window was to his left and another patient covered by curtains was to his right. Though, he didn't expect a certain brown coated mare with amazing two toned purple hair to be at his bedside. Now this mare gets some points for being loyal until he realized who it was.

“Uh...Hammerheart?” Lance asked the earth pony who was with him on his bedside face down in her own pillow. She grumbled from her apparent slumber and picked her head up to look at the multi colored pegasus.

“Hmm?”

“Did you stay with me all night?” Lance asked in a tired voice. The earth pony blushed a bit and nodded.

“I couldn't leave you. Not after what you did. And Nova, after hearing where Strife was practically dropped you here and took off to who knows where.” Lance nodded and tried looking away. Hammerheart stayed with him in the hospital for the entire night. Why? That question had to wait as a pegasi nurse came in the room and approached the two ponies.

"Ah, the crazy patient that 'broke his leg and fixed it on his own. How are ya?" Said the nurse in a sarcastic tone. Hammerheart got up and stood right before the nurse.

"And who the hell do you think you are for talking like that to-"

"My old comrade from West Hoof?" The nurse said in a calm tone making Hammerheart’s mouth drop before she was about to say anything more but closed it. Lance gave a hearty chuckle followed by a instant death glare towards stallion.

"I never thought I see you around again."

"I never thought I see you alive again." They both stared at each other for a long time with Hammerheart more confused than Nova on a sugar rush. The two stallions then winked their eyes and started laughing there flanks off. Lance wept a tear from his eye from the laughter and nearly lost it when Hammerheart’s jaw dropped again.

"Ha aha ha! Thunder Dust! You crack me up. Are you a nurse now or something? That light blue shirt goes with you." The dark blue pegasi with a whitish mane and a triple lightning cutie mark stopped laughing for a bit and glanced at his uniform.

"Me? No I'm off duty right now. I don't go back on active scout duty until next week so I thought I come by to see my old friend since i'm in the area." Thunder came close to Lance and whispered, "Technically there's no visitors at this hour, so I had to, eh, blend in to visit you on my break time." He gave a quick wink.

"Oh you sly dog you." Lance answered back in an approving voice.

"Ahem." Hammerheart cleared her throat clearly expecting Lance to introduce her.

"Oh, and this is Hammerheart. Our medic, tactical officer and hoof to hoof combat specialist." Hammerheart stuck her hoof out and bumped hoofs with Thunder.

"Nice to meet you." Thunder looked at her and scanned her entire body, eyes up and down, from face to body to that flank. He quickly turned around back to Lance.

"Vacant or no vacancy?"

"Vacant... But I believe that somepony has a reservation." Lance explained which left her wonder what the hell they were talking about.

"Rightly so. Regardless, I'm glad that you are okay. I heard that huge thundercrack all the way from Baltimare. And when I heard from one of the guards that it you and your buddy got in a deathmatch sort of battle. Now I knew what move you used, but what the buck happened with that?" Lance shifted in his bed and looked at his forearm wrapped in a cast.

"You know, stress relief."

"Ah. I see. Anyway. I'm glad your doing better." Thunder came a bit closer to Hammerheart who was staring at him with evil eyes.

"Thanks. But I can't wait get out of here and see if this mare would like to come out on a date with me?" He looked at Hammerheart who was not wearing any armour and wiggled his eyebrows seductively. Hammer wished she had something on herself so he could stop peeking at her or this pegasus was gonna get beat.

"Security! We have an imposter in the room!" Hammer yelled without missing a beat. Lance started to laugh while more voices can be heard from down the hall.

"Stop you!"

"We got the bastard this time!"

"Who breaks into a hospital!?" Thunders ears deflated when he heard the voices and walked up to the window. He gave a look back at hammer and winked.

"Looks like its time for my exit. See ya Lance and friend. Real soon." The pegasus plopped the window open just as soon as 3 security guard ponies all trampled in.

"Stop!"

"Screw you! I do what I want!" Thunder yelled and took off into the sky with a blueish green streak in the air as one of the ponies shook his hoof in frustration.

"Dammit. I told you idiots to be more careful!" And he hit the other two in a slap.

"Ow!"

"Ouch!"

"Now back to the surveillance room both of you!" Said the pony who was clad in security barding and seemed to be the leader. Both of the other two trotted out at a brisk pace out the room. The leader turned to the now confused Lance and even more confused Hammerheart.

"Sorry about that." He said and left.

“Well...Huh. Lance?" Asked Hammerheart.

"Yeah?"

"Your friends are crazy. Just saying,” she shrugged.

"I know. I know...but not all of them are bad. I guess." Lance responded with a sigh. He looked away from hammer in thought and stared into empty space. "So how is my foreleg? Broken?"

"I talked to the doctors. Your dumb ass actually broke it cleanly and put it back. They only used a bonding spell on you and made sure it was set correctly." Hammerheart said with her usual voice of technicalities. The pegasus nodded in understanding.

"I see." Lance sighed and lifted his forearm up in the cast that they put on him. "So what's the plan now?"

"I don't know lance. I don't know. We have to wait for Nova." She pushed her hair back with her hoof. "He is the leader after all."

"Yeah. Could use this time to rest." Lance said as Hammerheart agreed with him. The room suddenly was filled with a very awkward silence as the actions of last night ran through both of their minds. However it was cut short by a groan from the other bed in the room which was soon followed by frantic screaming.

"Argh! I don't know who I am! I need... I need to find my calling!" The pony yelled. She raged and shook around in her bed but was held down in restraints. Her green mane got even more messed up along with her orange coat as she tried to escape. A doctor and two nurses came in the room shortly after. There faces and their demeanor showed no affection, just business as usual for them. The doctor removed the curtain around the bed for it not to be entangled in it.

"Ms. Silverheart and Goldheart. Hold her down."

"Yes Doctor Black Vain." The nurses promptly did as they were told as they held the crazy pony down. The doctor calmly lit his horn and grabbed a syringe from the counter.

"No. I must try to find my destiny! Let me go! Let go!" The mare yelled. All this commotion made Lance and Hammerheart stop and stare. And then it hit Hammerheart. That mare looked very familiar. Actually extremely familiar. Was she the same mare from back in West Filly with the first encounter of Strife? How did she end up here right next to them in Canterlot? The doctor jabbed a syringe and injected a purple liquid into her. Her eyes went lopsided and she stopped moving. The nurses stopped holding her and strengthened the straps. The doctor took a notepad and started writing notes.

"Note that this has been the third day and there no signs of getting better. She's losing mental focus and stability. Suggest increased surveillance and dosages until a cure is found." He said to the nurses and then dismissed them. Then he glanced back at Lance and Hammerheart and came up to them.

"Sorry about that. But you two are free to go."

"Excuse me?" Asked Lance who was still shocked to what he just saw.

"What?” Exclaimed hammer with her jaw dropped. The doctor narrowed his eyes and snorted. “That means that you're free to leave Mr. Skyslicer. A Mr. Blade sent a letter, endorsed by Luna herself, expressing permission to release you before the standard healing period.” Both Hammerheart and Lances jaw dropped again. Not only that Lance was free to go but they were helped from Nova from behind the scenes. What the heck was he doing?

“Wait doc. Can you explain to us about what's happening to the pony next to us? She seems to be losing her mind. Is it because she has no cutie mark?”

“Since I know who you guys are.” He stated. “And the fact that you're giving me a death glare.” He gestured to Hammer who smiled just a tad. “I guess I have to.”

“And we’re kinda pressed for time so just give us the abridged version. Just without the hilarious humor normally associated with abridged things.” Lance slowly made his way out of the bed with Hammer’s help. The doctor urged not to facehoof right then and there. He grumbled to himself but realised that these were the ponies that have to fight the cutie mark stealer and should know the consequences of losing your cutie mark as an adult. It was only logical to explain in detail on what happens to the victims.

“Just like you seen with the mare next you. She has no cutie mark. Remember how when you were young at one point and strived to find your true purpose? Thats the same case for this mare now. Its almost if she has no destiny to fulfil and her mind is losing cohesion within itself. Its a sad state. All we can do is sedate her and hope that there is a cure for this. Not only as its a mental challenge but any skill or talent associated with the cutie mark is lost. And we don't know if its permanently gonna stay or until the cutie mark stealer is caught.” Both Hammerheart and Lance just stared wide eyed. They didn't know the of the scope of the damage that Strife was causing until now. For they realised how truly evil her actions are and how she needs to be stopped.

“Come on Lance. Lets go.” Hammerheart urgently nudged Lance snaking her way under his injured forehoof and using her body as a crutch.
“Oh, like I want to get my sweet cutie mark taken away when we go after her...”
----------------------------------------
Location: Royal Throne Room
Time: 8:23 AM
----------------------------------------

Celestia was signing a bunch of scrolls on her throne. It was not her favorite thing in the world to do but if it meant not being in court all day long then it was welcomed. She had a mare with a yellow coat and a blue mane levitate the scrolls for her as she read them.

"Hmm...tax decrease request? Denied. Next." The scroll folded up and then went back to a pile until it was instantly replaced by another scroll.

"Lets see here." The royal sun princess scanned the scroll for anything important or anything that's not from a snobby noble. "A shipment that needs my signature before it can be delivered to the airship docks? Interesting." Celestia took her pen and signed it and gave it back to the mare. "Okay, next."

The mare was about to pick up another scroll before a glob of white and green light suddenly erupted in the middle of the room. Looks like spike was sending a letter from Twilight. Finally something to do that was not boring! Celestia made her horn glow and grabbed the scroll that materialized from the dragon magic and held it up.

"Lets see... Strife is still out there....plans for next week....Nova's plan to stop Strife should be stopped?" Celestia couldn't hold back her inner excitement. Anything to distract her from her royal routine was welcomed with open hoofs. She kept reading until she frowned. A scowl erupted from her face until she looked up with near hatred at the poor mare that happened to be in front of her.

"Pri- Princess?" Celestia calmed instantly before realizing her emotions were getting to her.

"Oh. Sorry about that StarLight. But call one of the guards to come and summon princess Luna. Immediately," she commanded.

"Ri- Right away!" Starlight called out in a quick hoof salute and trotted out the door faster than a cockatrice running away from the stare.
--------------------------
Location: Canterlot Arena.
Time: 8:00 AM
--------------------------

The damage from the skirmish that Nova and Lance did to the arena was still there. No pony had dared even to fix anything at this moment due to one unicorn bearing dark purple and blue armor that was in the middle of the arena. Nova blade just came right from waking up and came straight to the arena to practice. He knew that today is the day that he will face Strife and wanted to be prepared. Once he got to the arena he started balancing on top of his axe with one hoof on the handle and the rest of his limbs in the air and started meditating.

It was amazing that Nova actually was really focused for once. He balanced and switched hooves with the greatest of ease. A glow formed all around him and the wind swirled around creating an interesting scene. Off to the distance three other off duty day time guards came and faced Nova. The leader turned to his two subordinates and gave them a nod.

"Nova wants a training session? Give it to him." The two guards stepped up and threw the most powerful spell they had at Nova. Nova with his eyes closed smiled and hopped right off his axe missing the blasts. Once he landed he faced his opposers in a huge grin.

"Throw me three charges. Alternating strength. I have to master this shield spell. Its kinda shaky than from using my axe."

"If thats what you want. Fine." The de facto leader turned to both of his subordinates and nodded. "On my mark....Mark!" The unicorn guards blasted the best and most powerful spells they knew at Nova. A bolt of pure green energies spun right at him. The student of the night barely moved a muscle to activate his shield. It visibly staticked and flickered like bad reception.

The attacks impacted and the shield instantly cracked all over. It was nearly at its breaking point in no time. Nova wondered why this time his spell was not very effective to normal magic attacks but worked in defending when he needed it at the Plot O Rama and when Lance attacked him before, but he only needed it for no more than a couple of seconds. Why was it failing on him? Why was it not working?

"Aww. Manure. Plan B." In a split second the shield went down while Nova switched to his axe, swiped it out of the ground, and smacked the magic attacks away making them impact into the distant wall.

“Okay. New idea. Forget the shield spells. My axe technically does it all." He now circled the weapon around him making his signature axe shield. "Come at me with all you got. Usually, nothing get through this."

"Fine. You asked for this." The leader waved a hoof to signal his subordinates to back away. The armed guard horn glowed and the magics all cohelested to a single spot at the very tip. "Say hello to my little friend!" The guard blasted a fiery red hot beam of magic right at Nova. The beam bounced right off the spinning axe and careened into the other wall. Again.

"Well thats super effective." Nova proclaimed. He stopped his axe and then stopped everything. He looked into his axe with a sneer, "No. I thought I told you to remind me." The other guards looked puzzled as nova had a stare down with his axe. "Wait. What? Since when?" He paused and shook his head. "Oh. Okay then...training can wait for the trip." Nova turned from talking to his axe and faced his fellow guards whom all three shared perplexed looks.

"Forcejet. I need you to go and get Hammerheart and Lance out of the hospital and tell them to meet me at the airship field. And tell sergeant Airshock to ready the Nocturne. In the meantime, I have to get some things ready. Is that clear?"

"Yes Captain Nova. Right away." Forcejet turned to his fellow subordinates. "Volt, Glaze, you heard him. Lets go." The guard ponies left out of the arena. Once they were out of earshot nova whispered to his axe.
"Thanks for reminding me buddy. I almost forgot about the sweet rolls..."
-------------------------
Location: Canterlot Mountain: Airship field - Section 14
Time: 11:08
-------------------------

Nova trotted swiftly through the airship field. Many ships were docked and others were either slowly taking off or landing. The unicorn didn't take any notice and quickly went to the airship in the back of the field. Lunas Airship. The sound of his armor clanking around alerted the workers and various pilots to his presence. With his axe squeaky clean and his armor with a perfect finish, Nova was ready for battle. Once he reached the airship though something was definitely wrong. A bunch of engineering ponies of various races all gathered and stared up at a single airship which was between two others.

"I cannot describe what I'm seeing in words." Said one.

“How? Is a better way to start describing it." Another proclaimed.

“Why didn’t we see this before? Or hell how did we NOT see this before?” One called out from a distance.

"Seriously. Upside down?" Said a third engineer pony which made the other two both stare at Nova with disapproving frowns. Nova smiled in a huge grin until he realised he was gonna get killed by these ponies for being an idiot. There in front of them was the finest and most badass looking airship in the entire Equestrian Air Navy. The S.S Noctune. Lunas personal airship which was retrofitted with 4 engines, a single front facing high mass bolt driver (a large crossbow) and a ton of light ablative armor. It was regarded as the fastest ship in the equestrian navy with the top speed that could keep up with an average pegasus in full sprint. Luna never liked a chariot like Celestia and usually hates making other pegasi pull her around. She liked her own vehicle. But for the time being it was lended to her student and friends. There was one problem though, it was completely upside down.

Nova stared at it, and back at the fellow engineer ponies.

“I honestly don't know what went wrong.”
------------------------------
Location: Ponyville
Time: 9:34 AM
------------------------------

Pinkie Pie was with Twilight who was going to the carousel boutique. They both trotted silently until pinkie pie suddenly fell on the floor, bounced back up, and defied gravity once again for a full 12 seconds. Once she finished the defying process she fell back on the hard earth with a thud. Twilight looked at her with her jaw to the floor and asked the dreaded question.

"What on Equestria is that all about?"

“I think somepony broke physics and it wasn’t me.” Pinkie calmly explained with a huge grin. Twilight started shaking in fear.

“You mean someone OTHER than you broke the laws of physics?” Pinkie put a hoof up to her chin in thought.

“Uh, yes,” she calmly said. “Twilight?”

“Huh. I guess it must be her nap time!”
---------------------------
Location : Canterlot Mountain : Airship field : Section 14
Time: 11:23
---------------------------

"How the hell did you...what does...how does one simply make an airship perfectly upside down in the parking space and take until NOW to notice it. And what's worst is that NOTHING is falling out of it." Asked Hammerheart who had her saddlebags on along with some light barding.

"Yeah, Hammerheart is right. How the buck did you do this Nova?" Lance asked as he stood next to Hammerheart whom where both grilling Nova in front of them. They were all standing in front of the S.S. Nocturne along with other engineer and work ponies. Nova took a couple of steps back in fear.

"Really. I honestly don't know."

"Well dont just stand there. Your a bucking unicorn. Fix it." Lance deadpanned. The injury to his forearm must have still been putting him in a bad mood.

"Okay, okay, hold your horses!"

"What the hell does that even mean!?" He yelled. Nova made his horn glow and a purplish hue engulfed the interceptor class airship. The ship slowly turned and rotated until it was rightside up. Nova panted from the sheer exertion of magic and sat on his haunches when he was done. Hammerheart came up to him and pat him on his helmet.

"That'll do. That’ll do nova."

"Yay, now we can go and capture Strife. I don't want this to get worst than it already is." Nova mumbled dejectedly. Lance who now was wearing a hoof brace, made by hammerheart, came up to him and looked him in the eyes. Novas mood changed, whatever he saw in lance's eyes meant he knew that Lance knew that it was not good. Strife had to be stopped. And soon. Hammerheart went up the ramp on the side of the ship and turned around to face the ponies below.

"Nova, go start up the gem capacitors. You know that this ship needs 89 gigajoules to work. Fire it up with some magic!" Hammerheart demanded.

"Yes sir. I mean ma’am, I mean master, I mean princess."

"GO!” Hammer shoved Nova towards the boarding ramp. She then turned her attention to the injured sharpshooter. “Lance, your wing braces are in the back of the cargo hold waiting for you with those upgrades you wanted. Put them on and turn on the ships primary weapon and prime the ammo as you see fit. We don't know what to expect.”

“Finally!" Lance gleefully spread his wings and bolted inside the ship.

“And you three!” Hammerheart yelled at three engineer ponies just staring at the ship. “I want this ship ready in five minutes for take off. All necessary supplies and ammo. Got it!?"

"Yeah, sure Hammerheart." One replied.

"No. Captain! Captain Hammerheart to you!" The earth pony yelled from on top of the ship.

“Too bad I lost that amazing airship captain’s hat...”

Everyone started frantically setting the ship up. The engineers checked the engines, some external flaps and other primary components to make sure they're in working order. Nova was charging the capacitor of the ship with magic for the trip. Even though most ships are steam powered this one was special.

A recent upgrade from Fancy Industries made this the first experimental Gem powered airship, with the gem acting as a capacitor and power supply. It greatly improved speed, maneuverability, and made the ship a lot lighter. Lance was inside the bow of the ship where the single bolt cannon was located. It was awesome weapon with a self reloading crossbow bolt the size of a hoof.

The pegasus loaded a large black bolt onto the side slot and jammed it in.

"Should provide a nice surprise when we fire this thing." He almost squee’d in delight.

Hammerheart busied herself in the control room. A hell of a lot of dials, gauges, and even some techno magic displays were laid out everywhere. She pressed a series of buttons and the ship rocked and came to life with the external power. She grabbed a microphone and spoke into it.

"Ship is about ready to take off. T minus 10 minutes. Boys you better do everything right, you don't want to blow up all over the launchpad like last time." From the bottom of the deck a yell was heard, but was muffled.

"That was an accident. Let it go Hammer!" Another voice rang out from below deck.

“That’s what she said!”

Around the ship the engineer ponies took a step back from tending to the ship. They still can't believe how awesome and how powerful it was. For such a small size it was fully armed with every piece of technology Equestria could offer.

Suddenly off in front of the ship a white glow of light erupted and expanded.

"POOF"

There, right in front of the ship appeared Luna with her two guards, Pepperstone and Darkshade. Even Thunder Dust was with them. Her mane flowed and she held her head up high. She must have just won a team deathmatch online for her to be in a good mood at this hour or something. Though the other ponies with her seemed to be utterly scared from her and shuffled slightly away. The night princess looked up at her ship and gave a smug smile. She walked up onto the deck along with her entourage and called out.

"Wheres my student?" In that instant the ship erupted and the engines spurred out flames. Everypony was shaken violently until Nova literally appeared from a teleport right in front of Luna, startling her.

"Ohhh, sorry Luna, I uh, Panicked when I heard your voice." Nova apologetically said.

"Nova! You nearly gave me a royal heart attack."

"I know I'm sorry. Just so you know where kinda in the middle of going after Strife right now..." Nova trailed off. He himself really wanted to get this over with, not just for Luna but maybe to save Sonata herself before shes beyond saving.

"Worry not my student. Thats why I’m here. Do you know exactly where she was spotted?" Luna asked. Nova tilted his head in his classic confusion expression and shook his head slowly. "I thought so." Hammerheart came out from the cockpit and waved a hoof at Luna but instantly sneered angrily at Thunder Dust who was standing next to her. Thunder actually backed away a bit and stood behind the princess.

"Princess! About time you got here. I need those coordinates."

"Hammerheart. Thunder Dust here was actually the scout that found Strife. He will give you the coordinates." Luna calmly said. Thunder Dust came forward, wiggled his eyebrows and laughed a bit causing Hammerheart to take a few steps back from him now. Lance came up onto the main deck and found everyone here. Thunder spotted him in his wing brace and gave out a hearty laugh.

"Nice leg you got there."

"Nice wings, I hope they break."

"Woah, what's wrong with you? A little sour at this time are we not?"

"I hadn't had booze in 23 hours." Lance replied. He was dirty from all the soot and dirt that he accumulated from the dirty firing mechanisms he worked on.

“Here buddy, I brought some Alicorn Ale with me, usually helps me on the long flights.” Thunder said as he pulled out a bottle with glass wings and a cap that resembled a horn. Lances mouth started watering and he stared at intensely.

“Give it now!” Lance glomped Thunder and they started a fight cloud with them after the booze. As Lance and Thunder scuffled more, Hammerheart ignored them and talked to Luna's guards while Nova spoke to the princess.

"Luna, forgive me." This took Luna by surprise.

"What on Equestria for?"

"For not going after her sooner. I let things get really bad." Luna walked up and wrapped a wing around Nova like a caring mother, making sure not to touch the axe on his back.

"That's alright. You did what you had to do, from defending yourself and your friends. Your a good pony Nova. You need to remember that." Nova only nodded. “Also, take note. Your friends are there to help you, and you have been taught many things, things that would make other warriors and students jealous, all to help you.” He knew he had a mission to accomplish and he would not let anything go wrong this time.

“Just stay safe. I don't want another student failure....like that stupid show mare.” Luna raised a hoof up in frustration leaving Nova partially invigorated and slightly more confused on what the heck Luna was talking about.

Some time passed and Luna bid farewell to her student and his friends. As she and her guards left to go back to the castle, a pegasi in the day guard armor came from above really fast and landed right in front of her.

“Forgive me your highness, but princess Celestia is looking for you and asks that you meet her in the Royal Archives immediately.”

“Uh...Did she find out already?”

“What?”

Before anything further could be said, Luna's horn glowed and she vanished in a teleport.

“I hate it when she does that.” Said PepperStone. Darkshade snorted in response.

“Does she not realize that we are with her at all times, and purposely forgets we exist!?”

“I believe so, Dark, I believe so.”

“Fuuuuuu......”
--------------------------------------
Location: Airship Field : Section 14
Time : 11:34 AM
-------------------------------------

Hammerheart punched in the coordinates that Thunder Dust gave her into the ships techno magic navigation system which was nothing more than a magic powered compass strapped to a chart. The display lit up and showed them as a little ship symbol with a large x on the other side of the chart. “Okay then. Now to make sure everything is ready.” A press of another switch lit up another display which showed the ships vital stats and various levels of power, magic, ammo, etc. She smiled at her handy work before stopping in thought. “Oh I almost forgot I can do this.” The earth pony went up to her saddlebags in the back of the cockpit and took out her Experimental Arcane Device and attached it to her leg. She came back to the controls and press a blue button that said ‘Bluechop Connection Dongle’ which lit up and the controls with all various technical information was transferred to her leg. “Everything is better with Bluechop. Now I can see everything that goes on the ship without having to run it from the cockpit. Sweeeet.” She grabbed a radio and pressed a button.

"This is S.S. Nocturne, requesting permission for take off. Over"

*Static* "This is General Airshock, your clear to takeoff, all traffic has been cleared for approximately 20 minutes, so take off within that time. Over.

"Ten four. Over and out."

Meanwhile, Lance and Nova were talking amongst themselves on the main deck after Nova finished charging the ship up to the proper levels of magic. Lance though took off his brace on his leg and wrapped it with some bandages.

“So, you can't do a shield spell properly anymore? Then how the heck did you do it when I attacked you and when Strife took off back at the Plot O Rama?” Lance asked as he flexed his wings in a wing shrug. Nova, stood there pondering in thought for a moment before responding.

“I don't Know, It seems though I can do just as well with my axe spinning around me then just relying on my magic for temporary defense." The unicorn turned around towards his axe on his back. "What?" He paused. "No, YOU did that?"

"Did what?"

"This bastard, took some of my magic without permission!"

"Wut? What the heck are you talking about." Lance asked. Clearly it was too early for Nova to have problems.

"As you know my axe acts as some sort of battery, and I can store almost the equivalent of my max power into the axe along with my own reserves. Its like having 2 unicorns in terms of total magic power."

"Which means in plain equine?"

"It means my axe choked some of my magic. Isn't that right limb?" Nova clearly didn't know why his axe did that. "What you mean, my life was not in danger at that time? I still could've handled it with-" Nova gasped loudly. "Oh you better not give me the silent treatment. Limb? Did you just hang up on me? How in Tartarus did he do that?"

"Your axe has problems."

"I want a refund from Luna. Never should've gotten this thing."

*static* "Boys everything is ready on my end. Take off in t-minus. 10 seconds." Hammerheart sounded through the loudspeaker.

"Wait what?"

"7"

"Crap, Wings down." Lance said as he hunkered down using his wings as external supports.

"5"

"Wait I'm not ready hammer!" Yelled Nova as he frantically tried to grab something.

"4... Ah screw it, FIRING AFTERBURNERS!"

It was too late, Hammerheart punched the big red button. The four engines swiveled to face aft and fired a horrifying bright purple blast of pure energy. The ship rocketed out of the hanger at great speed while inadvertently blowing away everything that was unfortunate enough to be with within a few hundred feet of the thing.

In the control tower, Sargent Airshock and others just watched in awe at the purple light in the distance taking off. Everyone gasped in unison with a resounding "Daaaaaaaamn."

Nova yelled but couldn't be heard from the roar of the engines as the ship gained more speed. He lost some grip from the railing he was grabbing on too.

“Oh Luna rape with the mo....”

*slip*

Nova careened into the back of the ship as the engines swiveled forward. With a crash he went right through the door and landed in the rear observation room. The ship gained even more momentum going forward before eventually reaching its cruising speed.

Hammerheart burst open the door leading to the deck.

"Hows that for zero to subsonic in less than 10 seconds flat." She looked around and saw Lance pick himself up as even he himself toppled over and fell along with Nova. The student of the night was nowhere to be seen on deck except a large skidmark leading to the rear side.

"Okay then...we should be to Ghastly Gorge in about 1 hour to 45 minutes at this speed and wind currents." The wind was strong as the ship speed through the air making it a bit cold. Though for Lance this was nothing compared to the harsh conditions of upper atmosphere flying.

"Hammer, remind me to do kick your flank for doing that."

“Oh lighten up Lance, I Haven't driven this thing since back in Zebraria and It has been upgraded lately. Thank Fancy for that."

"Yeah, but you nearly sent Nova flying off the ship. He didn't even have a chance to brace himself with magic. Ya better apologise to him."

"But Its not my-"

"Hammer!"

"Fine, fine." Hammerheart pressed a button on the EAC on her forearm which set the ship on autopilot. She went down the stairs and turned towards the rear of the ship. Inside she found one side of the wall cracked completely but was put back together. Odd. Didn't Nova just crash through not too long ago? That question left her when she opened the door, looked inside and gasped. There Nova was actively attacking his axe and his axe attacking back with its own magic. Nova quickly looked at Hammer.

"Nows, NOT the-,"

*Smack* the axe hit the unicorn with another attack.

"-Time! Leave!" He turned back to the weapon and summoned a bucket filled with water. "Time to learn a lesson you ungrateful piece of metal." The axe started to spin on its axis. He lunged at the weapon. Hammerheart slowly closed the door. As soon as it clicked shut she heard a muffled explosion and a large yell. But she didn't turn around to look, no she was a bad ass mare. Once she returned to the deck she was greeted by Lance.

"Well. Is he okay?"

"Don’t ask. I really don't know."

"Something happen?"

"Lets just say." Hammerheart pulled up some goggles and put them on. "Hes having a bad day. Yeah. Lets go with that."

"Alrighty then." Lance rolled his eyes. "Anyway, Thanks for caring for me again at the hospital. You nearly healed my leg overnight." He shuffled and hit the deck with the leg wrapped in bandages to punctuate his point.

"Hey, what are friends for?"

"Benefits. They are there for benefits." Lance said without hesitation.

"Ugh, you disgust me sometimes. Sometimes." Hammerheart said with an added wink.

*Tink*

Lances wing sprung straight up causing Hammerheart to giggle a bit. "You really need to get that under control."

"Okay one. I need more alcohol and two.This is not the time Hammer. If Nova saw us get close...I mean, I don't think he knows why I was pissed at him before and I don’t think I could take him now."

Hammer just laughed. “Oh please you couldn't take him in the first place.”

"Hey! If magic wasn't a factor and Nova didn't have that psycho axe I’d beat his flank from her to VanHoover and back." Lance paused and got back on track to what he was saying before. “But I'm being honest Hammer. This is the last thing we really need on our minds now.”

"I see." Hammerheart ears deflated when Lance practically shot her down. Even though it was the perfect chance she couldn't risk the mission or Luna forbid, Nova just for Lance. Even though she had feelings for Nova, it was wrong to get mixed up in a mess. Her mare problems had to wait. They were all on a mission, a mission to save Equestria.
--------------------------
Time: 12 PM
Location: enroute to Ghastly Gorge. Heading : SW
--------------------------

The ship cruised onwards for quite a while with the sun high above the sky. It was a clear day, not a cloud in sight. Though to Lance that was a bad thing. Clouds provide cover for him during his sniping and it allows him to shuffle clouds around. Not the best conditions in his opinion to engage the enemy or provide support, especially today. Hammerheart was piloting the ship from the front making sure everything is okay with the energy levels and engines. Lance came through the door and then shuffled to the side looking at some instruments.

"Hey, how far are we from our current destination?" Hammer only press a button which showed a map and the ship from above.

"Hmm, It seems we are about maybe 30 or so minutes away from the coordinates but we are above the beginning of the gorge itself. We could get there faster, in 5 minutes if we put full afterburners on. But those only last for 60 seconds before shorting out." Lance raised an eyebrow.

"Really? Well I might as well start looking out for any signs of trouble. Have you seen or heard from Nova in the past hour or so?"

"No I haven't. Actually he has been really quiet. I don't like it when its quiet, especially when its him we are talking about." Lance opened his mouth to say something but closed it. He only nodded.

"Lets go check on him."

"Sure, Let me transfer controls real quick." Hammer pressed a button and again all of the control of the ship transferred to the device on her leg. Lance followed her out and to the rear level where Nova was. They paused before the door.

"Okay so. On the count of three. We slowly open the door." Lance said while putting a hoof up.
"Gotcha."
"One, Two...three." Lance nudged the door open while hammer peered inside. The sight they saw was not really surprising to them but to anypony else it would be, uh, interesting.

Inside Nova was surrounded in magic and floating. His axe slowly rotating around him. Three books were also in front of him all open and slowly being read by Nova whose eyes was emitting a large streak of purple energy. He almost looked like Sombra for a second but with a strange smile on his face.

"Nova!"

Nova startled from Lances rude interruption dropped himself, the axe and the books. He thumped on the floor and banged his head.

"What the Buck was that for!?" The unicorn yelled. The books disappeared in white flash while the axe automatically went back to his back.

"We are about 30 minutes from the coordinates near Ghastly Gorge. You ready?"

"Yeah. I'm ready." Nova said as he shifted his armor back into position.

"What the heck were you doing?" Hammerheart asked as she tilted her head in confusion. "You better not be doing anything stupid again." Nova put hoof up to stop her.

"No, I was studying on shield spells and how to make my axe behave." The axe shifted and shook on his back. "I know I have been mean to you, I said I was sorry Limb, Its you who won't listen though." The axe shook again and then glowed a bit yellow. "Whatever."

"Well come on. You should be on the lookout for-"

*BOOM*

The ship shook violently and started to angle down taking everyone by surprise.

"The hell is happening!?" Nova yelled as he struggled to get up. Hammerheart looked at her screen on her foreleg.

"Crap. The ship has been hit. There is a huge air leakage on the right side. We’re losing about 100 cubic feet of air by the second and I don’t think the repair spells can handle it!" Hammerheart said as she looked at her device. Red marks flashed all over the little overview map of the ship.

"Everyone out, come see what the hell is going on!" Lance ordered as the two followed him. Hammerheart went straight to the cockpit while the others went to the main deck. She pressed a lot of buttons on her way there to make the ship steady but controls that a hoof can pull or push was better at the moment amidst all the shaking.

Nova took out his axe and made sure to keep a lookout. Lance though readied his wing braces and clicked in some ammo. He took off right away while Nova looked frantically around to the sides and front to see what hit them. The ship had a gash the size of a boulder named Tom and was losing altitude fast. Smoke billowed from the airframe but the engines were unharmed for the most part.

Hammerheart was clicked and pulled a lot of levers in a quick fashion. The altitude was dropping rapidly and the engines were already pointed down more than usual to keep the ship up. It was a struggle between gravity and forward momentum.

"Crap, I have to use the afterburners to keep aloft." She punched the button and the ship exploded with purple energy out of the engines pulling the ship to a stable flight but still descending.

Nova out of the corner of his eye spotted a flash and then looked over to the horizon. There in the distance was a clearing and within that clearing was a pony with, what appeared to be, Manticores all around the said pony.

"Lance to your left! Mark your target!" Nova commanded. From the distance a beam of light was collapsing and shot towards the ship. Nova literally threw his axe off to try to block it from hitting the ship but missed. The beam impacted the ship causing one of the engines to burst out and explode. Lance in the meantime saw where the beam shot from and circled back to the ship to inform Hammer. He barely came back in time and stumbled through the door.

"Hammer, Head northeast 13 clicks, 54 degree bank turn. I know the ship is doomed but I need to at least a get a shot at her."

"Wait, what? You know who is attacking us!? Why that specific turn too? Thats almost a crash landing."

"Exactly Strife is attacking and she has some help of some Manticores."

"What the buck!? Seriously? Does Nova know?"

"Now is not the time hammer to question how far a pegasus can see, do what I say and point the ship at her with the information I just gave you! I will tell Nova to help you with energy but I think we might need to abandon ship right after I fire the bolt cannon." The ship rocked and swayed causing Hammerheart to slip and fall. Lance immediately helped her up while she continued working the controls.

"Thanks, now go man the cannon if we are gonna do this. Nova better hurry on the energy recharge, I have about 24 seconds of afterburners left and we are descending at a rate of 100 ft per second, lets get a move on!" She commanded and quickly reached for her saddlebag and put on her power hooves faster than lightning while discarding her device on her foreleg. Lance saluted and flew out of the cockpit and went straight to Nova who at this time saw where the attacks were coming from.

"Nova! Strife is attacking us, I'm telling Hammer to angle the ship so I can fire a shot at her with the cannon. Come with me and power charge the engines."

"But, shes constantly throwing energy blasts at us, with goddam thermal damage! Who the hell is gonna block her attacks?!"

"Theres no time Nova. Come on. If I get a good shot at her then her attacks will stop."

"Alrighty then..." Nova took his axe back and followed lance below deck. The ship swayed and jittered a lot in its slow descent making the two bump into the walls as they traveled down. Lance immediately went to the back of the cannon and activated the controls. A small screen popped up showing a scope and a target marker. Nova on the other hoof went to the energy crystal capacitor and got ready to charge it. Lance aimed the cannon just slightly up about 4 degrees and primed the weapon. The large black bolt slid into place automatically and then cocked in.

"Nova, start charging it. The ship is using all the power for the afterburners, so once I fire this, There will be no power left. We got to teleport out of here as soon as I fire. Understood?"

"Yes sir, charging capacitor." Novas horn glowed his classic purple and energy was shot into the spinning ruby gem. Lance saw on an auxiliary screen the power go up and hold to a certain point.

*SMASH!*

Another blast of energy hit the ship, this time to the side throwing Nova and Lance around. The ship suddenly lunged forward and into a steep dive making nearly impossible to get up from the forces exerted.

*”Hang on boys, Strife shot us again but I think I can get up.”* Hammerheart called out through the intercom.

"I'm not gonna fail this time, No way!" Nova called out in a victory cry. He grabbed the nearest object and pulled himself up. Once again his horn glowed and energies started flowing back into the capacitor. Lance, inspired by Novas dedication, got up as well and started to take aim while looking at the screen.

He saw Strife there in the distance surrounded by at least 20 manticores all in a clearing not too far from the cliff face of Ghastly Gorge. Thoughts on why and how Strife was doing all this baffled him. But now was not the time to care. He focused on zooming in and marking his trajectory. Meanwhile, Hammerheart was doing a hell of a job keeping the ship steady with Novas energy replenishment. The pegasus squinted his eyes and took aim. He pulled the trigger.

"Firing Main Cannon." A female voice called out. A streak of black shot out from the ship heading straight towards strife. Partway between her it split into more than a hundred bolts and rockets all going in seemingly random directions. Strife though did nothing immediate but eventually her horn glowed and she with her manticore buddies vanished and reappeared some distance away. The impact destroyed that section of the land which crumbled and fell into the bottom of the gorge.

"Crap we missed. Nova, a teleport would be nice now!" Lance said with urgency. Nova stopped charging the capacitor and activated another spell. He and Lance vanished into thin air and reappeared in the cockpit almost causing Hammerheart to die of near heart attack with them suddenly appearing.

"Ahhh! What the bucked are you two doing?! And how the hell did you miss Lance!?"

"Dammit. Nova how close can you get us?" Lance asked ignoring hammerheart. Nova saw in the distance another glow of energy coalescing where Strife is standing.

"Right on top of her." He seethed, his axe glowed purple and his amour even seeped with some magic.

“Okay that works.” Lance saluted.

"Wait, what!?" Hammerheart pressed a button to put the ship on autopilot right before they vanished into thin air.
-----------------------------
Location: Ghastly Gorge
Time :12:48 PM
---------------------------

"Take this!" Strifes made some energy coalesce into a small ball, once it got to a certain point it shot a steady red beam into the airship far off to the distance. It impacted the side of the ship making a nice hole in the hull.

Strife was standing amongst some Manticores. They all looked like they were afraid of her but couldnt leave for some reason. She watched the sky above as a purple airship exploded again and fell from the sky.

"Those fools think they could find me so easily." She then turned to the manticores and then took out a magic whip.

*Smack!*

"All of you front and center. I want 2 manticores up front, two on the back, and the rest on the sides. As soon as you see anypony, attack. Understand!?" She threw the whip which again smacked the ground and in that instant the manticores shuffled positions. On her flank was another cutie mark along with the others, that of a whip on top of a paw, which glowed when she used her magical whip.

"Come on Nova, you want to capture me and stop me from reaching my goal? Lets see you try." She said to herself. She peered up at the sky and saw the ship finally descend below the horizon. Nova and company were nowhere to be seen. Strife at this point almost considered whether or not that it was the right ship in the first place to attack. Well it had to be. It did have a lunar crest on the outside. And at least it was not as annoying as that stupid pegasus that got away.

A hundred or so feet above her a white glow of light erupted and in that instant Nova and the gang came out of a teleport. Though this time nopony screamed or made a sound. Lance immediately grabbed Hammerheart and hovered, holding his position. Nova on the other hoof took out his axe and placed it under his hooves and air surfed to the ground.

A manticore looked up and roared causing the others, including strife, to see what the commotion was all about. Nova came in full speed, but didn't say anything, not a single war cry but kept going straight down. His axe glowed and a lot of electricity formed on the bottom side of the axe. Strife saw him and erected a shield while one of the manticores stood directly below him, hoping to stop him.

"This is gonna be interesting." Lance said as he continued hovering and slowly moved to the side of the crowd of manticores, looking for a save spot to put down Hammer.

Nova impacted the unfortunate manticore with his axe cutting him straight down his side in a long swipe. The manticore didnt have a chance, he fell straight down with blood pouring out of him. The unicorn landed on the ground in a thud causing sparks and rocks flying in all directions, hitting Strifes shield and other manticores.

Once the dust cleared of his initial impact he grabbed his axe, now slightly bloody and put it front of him pointing it at Strife.

"This ends...now."

"Ah, yes! You have fallen into my trap! I was expecting you to co-"

*BANG, BANG, BANG*

Shots of purple hit multiple manticores causing them to fall over unconscious while sending others in a near panic. Lance was circling above and shot more manticores with expert precision in the chest and wings. Some dodged and some attacked him back by taking off after him.

Strife was now down to 16 manticores under her control and couldn't believe how Nova literally wounded one without hesitation.

"Nova, I thought you, of all ponies, wouldn't hurt other creatures," she cooed in her soothing, evil voice. The armoured unicorn said nothing for a moment before taking the axe closer to him, smiling to himself, and then looking back at Strife.

"I know limb, calm down. Focus on the former friend and now great threat to Equestria."

"What on Equestria are you talking about?" Strife asked being quite irritated. She still kept her distance from Nova and at the same time Hammer and Lance kept the Manticores busy. Hammer though with her power hooves started literally decimating her opposition, even though these beasts are 5 times a ponys size, she took down 3 of them with ease already. Lance too was firing bolt after bolt into the half lion half winged things.

Strife looked and saw that she was down to already 10 manticores. Her face turned to a horrified expression. She looked at the student of the night and how he was so calm, composed, and above all, not acting like an idiot.

"Forget them! Attack Ponyville instead!" Strife yelled at her manticore minions. She wanted them to be a distraction for the three so she can recharge her magic and run away. The remaining manticores all turned and heading into the surrounding woods towards the town. Though to Strifes surprise, once the manticores all turned around and fled, all three warriors under Luna, instead surrounded Strife on all sides.

"Buck. I thought you would save the town."

"Not a chance, I have a mission to stop YOU, not to save a town. Besides, I think the elements of harmony can handle it."

"Oh? How do you plan to stop me from getting revenge on this totaterlaion society?" Strife asked. Her eyes gazed to her left and right where both Lance and hammerheart were standing. She was surrounded by three strong warriors. This was different than the other encounters. There was no hesitation in their teamwork, no stupid shenanigans from Nova. Though she did catch a look at Lance. Lance though tried to not make any eye contact. Strife saw this and guessed that Hammer might be jealous. She could use this to her advantage! But how?

"Strife, I'm gonna ask you this. How on earth did you get another cutie mark!? Thats four as of now." Nova asked while his axe slowly revolved around him subconsciously.

"Oh this?" She showed her flank more prominently and made sure to make it more known to Lance while Hammerheart's eye violently twitched.
Lance raised a hoof up from behind the other two.

"For the record... I'd still tap that."

"Ummm wow... Anyway... I got this paw and whip from a fellow in near Los Pegasus. He was a manticore circus trainer and I thought that with powers like those, I could have an army of savage beasts that could kill a pony in one swipe under my control." She put a hoof up in dismissal. “But I didn't expect you to be so good in taking them down."

"Okay then, seems legit. So are you gonna come quietly. Or are we gonna have to drag you to the hospital to see the damage you done or what?" Nova explained. His voice was calm and his armor actually glowing at the seams and edges. Hammerheart though stomped her hoof down.

"Nova, How the buck did you know what's happening at the hospitals?" Hammer asked.

"One of the guards told me. And I know the full scope of the situation, the damage she has caused, and the fact that Strife might be the cure for putting the cutie marks back." Nova stopped his axe and then pointed it at Lance.

"You ready?"

"You know it."

"Oh, wait a minute..You're that pegasus... And for the record... I'd let you tap that that!" Strife immediately called out looking at Lance ending with a suggestive wink. This was followed with a very angry earth pony charging full speed at Strife screaming like a psychopath. The multi cutie mark unicorn in return blasted the earth pony with a magic energy bolt, throwing Hammerheart back.

"Lance, you and Hammer know what to do." Nova called out. His horn glowed and he got in the most serious stances he ever been in.

"Oh? Are you really gonna hit a mare? You know I can block your magic attacks right? I am stron-" Strife herself didn't finish her sentence. Nova charged at her with his hooves in the full armor glowing a fiery red and his axe too the same color. She erected a force field, which was the term for a stronger shield meant solely for blocking. Nova impacted the shield with a huge burst of light ensuing.
---

Hammerheart was helped up by Lance and cursed the ground.

"I'll beat that whorse into a puddle if its the last thing I do." She seethed and shook the dirt off her power hooves. Lance put a hoof on her shoulder with a firm shake of his head.

"Stop. Hammer. Nows not the time for your feelings." Lance said as he put in more ammo in the crossbows. "Nova needs us, He can't do the final attack unless we do it for him. You know his rule, He can't kill or harm anyone that was his former friend. Those manticores on the other hoof...well you saw what he just did."

"I know, I know. I'm just pissed is all."

"Then be pissed at Strife. She is the enemy. And any enemy of my friends deserves to be put down." He extended his wings and pointed up.

"Yeah, yeah. Just don't pull a bolt in my flank. Its my best quality."

"No promises. But I think your flank is second." The pegasus chuckled and shot up into the sky.
----

Nova crashed right through the shield making Strife do a mini teleport away. The armoured unicorn looked downright scary when he wanted to be. His axe was in front of him spinning and doing mini swipes.

"Strife, I'm telling you to stop and come with us. You're being irrational." He said as the axe jittered up and down along with his words.

"Never!" She summoned up some coals, and lit them on fire. In a sweeping throw she tossed a multitude of fiery heaps at her opponent. Nova in quick succession swiped the axe in a multiple directions deflecting or crushing the projectiles.

Suddenly, a shot of green shot near strife causing her to stumble back. But another bolt hit the ground as well, shooting a green sprouts of emerald crystals at her. Lance was doing all this from far above making him invaluable for fire support. With Lance controlling where Strife was heading, Nova lunged at her legs with his weapon, making sure to use the blunt side. Strife though blasted him head on with a water spell pushing Nova back, preventing him from going further. Hammerheart took this opportunity to get the upper hoof on her.

She bounced high into the air and aimed for Strife. Her hooves could be quite deadly, not from the initial impact but from the electricity that it emanated. Strife, nearly overwhelmed from the sudden influx of multiple attacks dropped everything and made another shield. Everyones attacks bounced off except Hammerhearts. She literally stood on top of Strife shield and started pounding away at the top, making small cracks with every hit of her power hooves. Almost like a zerg rush.

"I will end you right here and now!" Hammerheart yelled.

"Well, lets see how you like this." Strife said as she suddenly dropped the shield, turned around and bucked hammer in her free fall from above. The earth pony flew off and again landed in a skid. But Strife should've paid attention to her surroundings.

*Bonk!*

The multi cutie mark unicorn was hit from Novas axe right to the side throwing her to the ground. Hammer took this opportunity to get up and assist Nova. The student of the night stopped her with a hoof.

"Hammer wait."

"But we have to capture her!"

"Somethings not right..." In that moment strife, who was still on the ground stood back up quickly. A magic seal appeared under her and a large wind picked up coming from her. The magic pressure was almost too much for Nova.

"Die!" Strife threw up another force field, and then summoned hot coals again. But she covered them with water. Purple water. Nova saw this and was baffled. What could she be thinking? But there was no time to ponder on that. She threw a multitude of hot gooey coals at Nova and Hammerheart. Nova stood their and got his weapon ready to defend.

"Nova! Don't let them touch your axe!" Lance screamed out from above. He unleashed a heavy salvo of black bolts which hit each coal coming straight at nova. The shots hit the coals midair but on impact, exploded in a huge firework like explosion.

One of the coals hit Nova though. One that Lance missed and it stuck to his armor like glue.

"Crap." Nova literally exploded and rocketed back in a huge arc. If it was not for his armor he would have been seriously injured.

"Nova! No!" Hammerheart jumped higher than usual due to her adrenaline to come to her fallen friend. Nova groaned. His armor on his right foreleg and his back was chipped. Some parts were cracked and started to fall. "Here Nova let me help you. Lance! Keep her busy!"

Lance didn't need to be told what to do in this kind of situation. He most certainly had the upper hoof in this battle. Its not like Strife can attack him with anything substantial. Right? Strife on the other hoof saw what she did. She herself didn't expect to do that.

"Huh, It seems that when I combine certain cutie marks in attacks, I can almost triple or quadruple the damage." She looked up and saw lance ready another dive bomb of bolts. “Oh this will not do. Not do at all." She looked at Nova and Hammer and saw that Novas axe was on the ground. He must have took a huge hit. But how to get rid of that pesky pegasus? Ah, yes she didn't steal that manticore trainer cutie mark for nothing.

She turned towards the woods and whistled the classic dog whistle. Lance didn't think of anything of it and went right for her. A black blur shot out of the neighboring woods taking Lance by surprise. A black coated manticore came to Strife. He was at least twice as tall as the other manticores and actually wore some kind of makeshift armor on his body.

Lance actually Landed on the ground due to sheer shock. He looked at the opponent then back towards his friends.

"Uh, guys. A little help here we might have a problem."

"What are you tal-" Hammerheart turned around after bandaging up Nova. "Oh. Well that's not shocking. I've seen bigger."

"What!?"

"What!?” Both Strife and Lance yelled out. Lance was even more skeptical on Hammers judgement in battle now. He flapped his wings and got close to her and Nova. Nova grumbled but eventually got up. His belly was wrapped in large bandage he groaned a bit in pain. All three of the students of the night just stared at Strife and the large black manticore.

"Oh, I didn't see this. The student of the night and his friends being held back from my power?" Strife said as she stroked her mane. "Ha ha ha! Taking over the Equestrian government is gonna be a snitch. I will start by taking Luna down first. Since she means so much to you, Novatic Blade."

"What!?" Nova quickly turned to his axe and picked up. "Any bright Ideas limb?" He heard nothing but looked back at Strife. "Guys, I'm going to be very serious. Can you take that large manticore out?"

"Yeah. Hopefully." Lance replied as he clicked in more ammo. Though he himself was running low he was really depending on Hammer this time. Hammer herself was somehow really confident in herself.

"Oh, the gang thinks this gonna be easy?" Strife taunted the group. She magicked once more her whip and smacked it against the ground. "Pride leader Kimba, Attack!"

Lance and Hammerheart took off to face off there new opponent while Nova used a quick teleport to charge Strife. The battle has only just begun.
---------------
Location: Royal Archives - Top floor
Time : 1:23 PM
------------

"Sister, what is the meaning of this? Why have you brought me here?" Luna said in the most unpleasant voices. She hated being summoned from her sister and most importantly hated not being told why she was being summoned. Celestia stood with her in the middle of the archive room.

"It has come to my attention that something is missing."

"Like what?"

“Let me show you." Celestia turned to a wall that held only pictures and a pretty standard bookcase. She pressed in one of the lower books with her hoof and the bookcase started to move over revealing a hidden passageway. Torches lit up the way and it seemed to go on forever into the abyss.

"Ah, the ancient archives. But what about them?"

"Something in here was taken, but no pony can move it, not even me."

"What are you saying sister?" Luna shared her sister concern now while Celestial stayed composed. But Luna had a pretty good idea on what her sister was already referring too.

"I'm saying, the thing I fear the most is missing."
----------------------

"Why are you really doing this Sonata? Why!" Nova yelled as his axe smashed and clanged against Strifes own magic weapon that she summoned up.

"I don't have to tell you anything. Just stay out of my way." She seethed. A furious exchange of weapon against weapon. Sparks erupted every time the weapons met. And each pony was not letting up in their attacks. Nova was surprised how she, a complete amateur in swordplay, was keeping up with him, an highly trained student in terms of speed and technique. This only served to make Nova more frustrated.

Though off to the side a large crash and a yell sounded. Nova took a quick look to see Hammerheart being thrown back and Lance firing every bolt he had at the pride leader.

"Ha! An opening!" Strife took the chance now that Nova was distracted and hit him with a large energy blast that had flames coming out of it.

"Horse apples." Nova took the full front of the blast to his front chest piece, scalding it and making it turn black. The blast pushed him back, skidding him across the ground but he maintained his balance.

He looked down at his chest piece and then looked back at Strife. A smug smile erupted from her face. Nova hated when his enemy's looked down upon him. And he hated it more when ponies damaged his armor. But limb had a point. Needless rage would cause unnecessary waste of time and magic power. Luna's armor could wait to be repaired.

"Let's try this. Illusionary magic." Strife announced making the star and wand swipe cutie mark glow.

"Illusionary what?" Nova watched in horror as Strife disappeared before his eyes. She didn't teleport but visual contact was lost. Novas head turned around in each way, not sure on where she would attack next.

"Take this!" Strife yelled suddenly appearing from directly above Nova with more flaming coals right at him. He couldn't block in time with his axe. Each hot coal hit him and his armour, pelting the buck out of him. Nova instantly retaliated by swinging his axe in a long arc at her. But before long Strife disappeared again before Nova could hit her.

“Stop relying on cheap tactics!" Nova called out hoping that she would speak while cloaked to give Nova something to tell her position. She remained silent forcing Nova to go back on the defensive. He swung his axe around him in a long arc hoping to hit her when invisible.

"You're gonna have to do better than that." She uncloaked and to Novas surprised she appeared right in front of him with her hind legs outstretched. She bucked Nova square in the face with her legs sending him once again flying up and landing on his back. His helmet flew right off from the impact was dented all over.

"Nova!" Lance this time called out. "Yikes!" The pegasi dodged a swift swing of Kimbas paw.

"Forget him Lance, he will be fine! Just ready another salvo!" Hammerheart yelled as she jumped high hoping to get the Manticores head full of lightning from her power hooves. Though the beast turned around and smacked Hammerheart out of the air.

"Oowww!"

Strife approached the downed Unicorn with caution. Nova groaned and struggled to get up. "Ohhh, my head." I swear to Luna, she is getting on my nerves. I really don't want to use deadly force on her still, but at this point I might have to. Novas axe rose up glowing red and rotated around Nova making his signature shield.

"Oh, I see what the problem is. You will not attack me cause I'm your former friend. A pony you know and used to trust." Strife cooed. "I hope that I'm not causing you internal conflict right now. 'Oh, should I attack her or defend and capture her somehow.' A noble cause but nothing you do will work." Strife said as she came closer. She approached the student of the night and charged up her horn. A magic circle that looked just like her cutie mark erupted around her again.

"Time to get your cutie mark Nova, I always wanted to take it, But you always covered it. Now why is tha-"

Nova teleported away from his spot and appeared not to far from Strife. He was panting and he struggled to keep his balance.

"Oh gonna run away? Hold still while this magic will bind you against your will."

"Limb. Release inner reserves." Nova said out loud. In that moment his axe stopped spinning around him and planted back on his back. The weapon glowed a bright blue and purple causing Novas horn to do the same. Energy erupted from the axe now and transferred to Nova, healing instantly his wounds, and also repairing his armor.

Strife stumbled back a bit before continuing her attack until she herself realised that Nova was healing himself. With that she charged forward with intentions to kill or to take his cutie mark. Whichever came first.

Nova this time shot a beam of energy at strife forcing her to dodge. But she came charging forward with the arcane circle following her. Nova knew that if he got caught in that circle, it would be the end of him.

He threw his axe at Strife like a boomerang and simultaneously shot a simple magic attack from his horn.

Strife pulled up a shield making that axe and the attack bounce off. The axe though started cutting a circle on top of her shield like a glass cutter cutting through glass. This took strife by surprise as she now had to deal with an axe that was actively trying to get to her by itself. Nova took this distraction and teleported.

"Where the heck did y-" Nova literally appeared inches from her and he headbutted her in the face all before touching the ground. He twirled around and then bucked her in the side sending her flying while simultaneously canceling her active spells. She flew across in an arc but Nova once again teleported to the point in Which she was heading. He took his axe and like a baseball bat he punted her back across the field.

"Ahhhhhhh!" Strife yelled in pain. Nova was not giving a single buck but was completely serious. Strife rolled and skidded to a halt, brushed and battered from Nova hit. Never did she expect him to do that. Actually she was sort of grateful he used the blunt end of the weapon.

"Strife. Stop this you need fix all the damage you have done." Nova reasoned. Strife though didn't want to hear another word.

"Rawwwr!" Kimba the manticore roared. He crashed back to where Strife and Nova were battling and landed between the two. Lance though can from above and was carrying hammer on his back. Hammer jumped off his back and aimed for the black coated manticore below.

"Booooody slam!"

Nova, Strife and even Lance stared in awe as Hammer sent full power to her hooves and landed directly on the manticores belly sending hundreds of volts of electricity through him. The creature spazzed and kicked but immediately fell unconscious.

"Finally! Nova what the hell you're looking at!? Capture her already!" Hammerheart called.

"I know, I know but that was so co-"

*BOOM* Rockets and fireworks exploded around him throwing Nova around like a rag doll.

"Ouch, that's gotta hurt." Lance said as he went to Hammerheart side.

"You took down Kimba!? That's impossible!" Strife shocked expression was utterly priceless. Her jaw hit the floor when her wild card failed. Lance landed on the ground next to Nova helping him up with one of his wings.

'You okay? Buddy?"

"Limb, what are you saying? No that's not a good idea. Limb?" Nova paid no heed to Lance but only looked at his axe with pleading eyes.

"Nova what the heck is going on?" The unicorn teleported but not to strife but to his axe which was slowly floating up to strife by itself.

'Limb, no. Bad weapon of lunar heritage. Bad!" At this point Lance, Hammer, and even Strife just stared at nova. He grabbed the weapon in his hooves and brought it to the ground.

"Fine, just this once. One fourth okay? That's all I will allow!"

“What the safety?" Asked Lance.

"Yeah." Nova confirmed. His weapon had a mind of its own and responded to Novas feelings about taking down strife. And the only way to get to Nova was through direct conflict with his wishes. He grabbed his axe and made a defensive stance before Strife. Lance came to his left and Hammer to his right. They all looked at each other and nodded in an unseen agreement. Strife looked at all three expressionless.

"Fine y'all want to attack me three verses one? Fine. Let's see you get through this combo spell I was working on."

Strife laid a magic circle around her and threw up a force field, then inlaying the shield with fire based properties making it very hot to the touch. The circle beneath her erupted in a large light and she waited for her attackers to make contact.

Novas horn glowed and his hooves glowed. With great to surprise to Strife, Nova quick stepped right to her and swiped her shield and kept going despite the heat it was putting out. Strife though kept shots of coals firing at him while turning her attention to Hammerheart and Lance. The earth pony jumped up and aimed for Strifes head. The cutie mark stealer under her shield aimed another spell at her through a small opening she mad and hit hammer. Hammer though didn't fall back, but instead took the brunt of it, much to Strifes surprise, and hit her shield taking it down.

Lance swooped in low and aimed his crossbows in a steady flight mere inches from the ground. He fired not directly at her but at her feet but at least for the shot to be near it. A blue streak shot across making strife dodge but she didn't expect the bolts to hit where she dodged to. Lance was good at firing a single bolt to distract his opponent. Strife was startled when the ground shot up blocks of ice that grabbed her feet. Immobilized she had nowhere to run to.

"Oh, you think this can hold me? Think again!"

Her horn glowed and she teleported out, but failed to realized that the blocks of ice that held her hooves went with her. Lances bolts were inlaid with magic talismans and jewels that have been enchanted for this sort of thing. Too bad she didn't realise it sooner. She came out not to far from where she initially was and toppled over. Strife was like a turtle now and couldn't help herself up, but again she summoned up a spell forming burning coals and melted the magic ice blocks off her hooves. As she did that, Nova came in lighting quick and hit Strife square into the side with his axe. His face cringed every time he did it, but he went more calm as time went on.

"Ouch, I wouldn't want to be you right now strife." Lance said as he went back to hammer to get reloaded. Nova watched as the pitiful powerful Strife Striker was now on the floor in a heap. He came closer and again without warning hit her again with his weapon, making her skid across the floor. She cried out in pain.

"Nova! What the hell are you doing?! Give her a chance to get back up. I have not seen you do this since the gryphon kingdoms when that stupid gryphon took your sweet roll. Stop it!" Hammerheart yelled, and she went to tackle Nova. They both made contact and nova, including his axe got a hoof full of electricity running through his body.

"OWW! Okay, okay I get it Hammer. My bad. Just let me make sure she is down. And get off me!" He threw hammer off, shook off the inlaid electricity running through him and mini teleported right to Strife. Lance also went next to him to make sure she was down. She could be faking it for all Lance was concerned.

He poked the limp body with his axe and turned to lance.

'Uh, wait a minute. I smell magic residue...which means. DUCK LANCE!"

'What!?" Lance dropped to the floor as Nova swung his axe right over him.

*Clang*
The real Strife decloaked making the dummy disappear in a mist and held a magic sword against his weapon.

"Oh, you saw threw my little ruse? Ha, what where you gonna do to me after I was down."

"This." Once again a sparring match began as Nova and Strife battled. His axe swung low and high, hoping to best her in her armed combat. But as soon as he started to get even more serious something about his weapon was off. Why the hell was it unlocking the seal by itself?

"Limb what the hell are you doing!?" Nova called out while still striking against Strife. He was controlling his weapon but his safety was increasingly coming off causing larger and larger sparks to fly when the weapons met. Lance meanwhile tippy toed out of there and went back to Hammer.

"I almost died. Damn this better than sleeping with mares. Sometimes. Hammer feel my heart. Pun intended."

"Your an idiot. Just get ready another shot while I move in to look for an opening."

"Roger roger."

In the next instant everything changed for the worst for Nova. Strife sped up her attacks and Nova missed in blocking one of them.

"Ahh!" He yelled.
He got hit square in the shoulder and was thrown back. Blood seeped through his armor and traveled down his leg. He wanted to stop and put pressure on his wound to stop it from getting worst but instead resumed the attack.

"Nova!" Hammerheart yelled from not too far away. With the fury of swiped and blows that the two ponies were in, she couldn't get near. Even Lance had trouble to get a clear shot at her again since they were fighting so close to each other.

Nova struggled through the pain and still couldn't believe how powerless he was against her even with the safety at 1/4th off.

"Why can you just leave me alone!" Strife yelled in a battle cry. She stopped attacking and tackled Nova head on, throwing herself on top of him and pinning him to the ground.

"Ooph!" Nova laid his eyes on the distraught unicorn gazing down upon him. She shared a look at him and smiled for a second before having a deep scowl.

"You're too late." She breathed into his face real close making it look like they were making out from Hammerhearts standpoint. "I'm leaving to get my fifth cutie mark and with that, total victory." She quickly teleported off Nova and back to where she was standing.

In that instant 5 bolts shot around her and which formed a magic link. Arcs of energy formed around her linking the bolts together.

"You're not going anywhere. Anti teleport magic circle, Bolt style." Lance announced from above as he shoved not to far.

"Nova, holy sweet celestial your bleeding a lot, let me heal you." Hammerheart quickly went over to the student of the night who was on the ground. Nova struggled to get back up but when he did he saw Strife within lances circle.

"This won't hold me. I finally recharged enough to leave. Nothing will stop me." Strife called out while turned around and looking at the circle that surrounded her. Lance flew above and readied more shots in case she decides to take out the bolts.

"Holy crud Nova, you have to stop and-"

"And what Hammer!? Let her get away?! No, I *twitch* made a promise to Luna. I Intend to keep it." Nova shot up and did a quick teleport. He exited just outside the circle of lances and brought his axe in front of him. He swiped it with his hoof and uttered the words,

"Seal." At the same time Strife horn glowed with preparations of another spell. The sky darkened and storm clouds started to form and converge onto their location. Strife was activating the grand vortex spell once again. Nova though was not about to let her leave. He knew one sure fire way to stop her. Her horn. If he hit hard enough it will paralyze her magic for a good while.
He aimed his axe at her and strife looked at him with focused eyes. She was about to leave and Nova was gonna be too late. Or so she thought, Nova put his weapon in his mouth and leaped into the air right for her.

"Foomm Lunammm!" He mouthed as he came forward, went right in front of her and swung his body and weapon in a wide sweep in front of her. Nova went for her horn to stun the mare, but just a split second before his attack hit. A terrifying thing happened, Nova wasn’t using any magic for his attack, but his axe flared up with immense magic all on its own.

And it was too late.

*SLICE*

The battlefield seemed to be silenced for a second at the act that just took place. A tip of a horn flew in the air and landed on the ground. The silence was cut off abruptly by a wail of pain from the now de-horned Strife.

Lance’s jaw dropped and for once the pegasus was speechless while Hammerheart winced at the brutal outcome.

"Holy buck, I did NOT mean to do that. It was just supposed to be a tap. I swear!" Nova yelled in pure surprise to what he just did. He looked at his own weapon with fire in his eyes. "What the BUCK did you do LIMB!?" Nova was pissed at his axe but there was no response, no glow no anything at all coming from the weapon.

“NOVA BLADE!” Strife was seething mad and looked downright hellish with blood dripping down her face but the more shocking part was the magic sparking and leaking from her half cleaved horn. “I. WILL. END. YOU.”

"What the heck." Nova said with his mouth wide open. "You can't be serious." Strife was serious, she was activating the same spell with only half a horn. Lightning flashed and multiple shots flashed around her as the magic in the air bounced around randomly from the instability.

"Nova! Get out of there!" Lance yelled as he swooped in and grabbed nova, dragging him away from strife as she became increasingly engulfed in lighting. A large magic cloud surrounded her and with that a light shined, bright and brighter before erupting in a flash, brighter than the sun. Nova and company both put down their hoofs and opened there eyes only to see a large crater to where strife was standing, smoking on the ground.

"Did she. Uh. Did she just escape with half a horn chopped off?" Hammerheart asked. Lance turned to her as he put down Nova on the ground next to her.

"Yeah, and what's worst that it was probably near uncontrollable for her.” Nova’s gaze was directed up towards the dark magic filled clouds in the sky.

"Nova, are you okay? Let me heal you one second." Hammerheart said but the unicorn pushed past her.

Lance spoke up. “I saw what you did Nova.”

“I DIDN’T MEAN TO...” Nova’s yelling was cut off by a smack from one of Lance’s wing.

“I saw you vent your magic before you attack her. That shouldn’t have happened...” Lance stated. “That is beside the point though. Strife got away.”

Nova glanced back at the sky and had his horn glow with magic. “I do know this. Unstable magic from a broken horn is possible but leaves a very noticeable trail of decaying energy.”

Hammer walked up and inspected Nova’s wounds. “So she left us breadcrumbs to follow right?”

“Every Time she uses magic it’ll leave behind a good clump of magic in the general area and a broken horn will leak magic even when not in use so yes...”

Lance adjusted his crossbows and hovered off the ground a few feet. “What if she teleports?”

Nova shook his head. “She could but it’d be too risky and could put inside the ground, a tree, a few hundred feet up in the air.”

His attention went back to the axe laying on the ground in front of him. When Nova went to pick it up however nothing happened.

“What the...” Hammer tapped the axe with a power hoof and a spark of magic shot out. “Hey. Your axe just drained like 10% of my power hoof's energy.”

The unicorn sighed and reached down picking Limb up in his teeth and throwing it on his back. “I can’t sense anything from him now. It’s like he’s dead.”

“A talking axe is one thing but a talking axe that’s DEAD?” Lance shook his head and gestured towards the weapon. “I swear Nova maybe that thing is defective.”

“Regardless... Strife’s hurting now so we got the advantage and I’m not gonna rest till she’s ours.” Hammerheart snorted.

“She’s right Nova.” Lance landed next to his friend and put a hoof over Nova’s back. “Come on we gotta find her before some more crazy manure happens.”

“All right.”
However unbeknownst to each other they were all thinking the same thing. “What the buck really will happen next?”

========================================================

Reader has gained

+10 Strength

+ 5 Jealousy

+20 Regret

+50 Feels

New Perk Unlocked: Unbridle Rage
When user’s loved ones are in danger. Speed & Attack is doubled but Defenses are halved.
New Perk Unlocked: Love Polygon
The user now has mixed feelings about 2 or more Party Members. When not in battle confusion has increased chances and may cause infighting amongst the group. However Strength is increased in battle when alongside group members.

Author's Note:

For the love of god, I still have no idea what im doing. This ends the Lunar arc. Sorry about the delays, but stuff happened and I just dont know what went wrong. Thanks to shadowxrazor for actually not beling a lazy bum and actually helped me greatly on this chapter. Thanks buddy!

Comments ( 1 )

This is awesome!!! Please continue. This is one of extremely few stories of Luna having a student. Trust me . I searched everywhere.

Login or register to comment