• Published 16th Oct 2012
  • 1,225 Views, 11 Comments

Under Lunar Wings - JP HACK



Celestia is not the only one with a faithful student, Luna has one too.

  • ...
5
 11
 1,225

Chapter 04: Confessions

Under Lunar Wings

Chapter 4: Confessions

By : JP HACK

Edited by : JP HACK, Tobyc, Mixolydian Grey, Fdrdevotee

------------------------

May the light of your glory be seen, the thunders of your onset heard from east to west, to become the avengers of noble blood! - Kenna the Conqueror

------------------------------------

Location : Currently Unknown

Time : Unknown

------------------------------------

“Well, this is most unexpected,” Nova Blade said as he opened his eyes to look around at his surroundings. He was tied up to a chair with rope around his waist and hind legs. Right before him was an old table, which had a plate with three cupcakes and a notepad.

A single lamp shone above the table with its light barely illuminating the rest of the room which held various beakers and various chemical experiments, some of which glowed eerily and made weird noises that permeated through the darkness.

Nova Blade sighed. This is not within the plan at all. Actually, was anything in the plan to begin with? Why does the hero or the good guy always end up in disturbing situations? He looked around to see if there were any escape routes to teleport through, but there was not a single window or door which he could see that could aid in an quick escape. He needed a line of sight make that teleport.

Okay, maybe I can use my magic to get me out of this rope? He focused to channel some magic to his horn. A sharp pain came to his head that made him stop instantly. He reached with his front hooves which were not tied up to feel his horn.

He felt what was a large ring that had a strange bump on the side of the device. Oh great. A magic inhibitor. Just flipping fantastic. Of all the things that I have experienced so far in life, this is probably by far the WORST. POSSIBLE. THING... Though where is my axe? Nova turned to his left and was shocked to see his weapon in its own chair and tied up as well.

“Limb Splitter! What did they do to you!?” Yelled Nova. He looked at the axe with pleading eyes of regret and sadness. The weapon fidgeted in place and actually shed a small tear of its own that dripped down the length of the blade and onto the floor.

Nova had to hold up tears of his own as he looked at his weapon. “Don't worry buddy, we’ll get out of this. You know that I have something up my hoof. I think.” Nova eyed the cupcakes on the table. He stared at them and looked at the nice chocolate frosting and sprinkles. “Listen, I remember that if you're caught in this sort of situation, if they leave food for you on the table and if you actually eat ALL the food, then it means you're not guilty. Right?” He reached for the plate with his hooves and moved it towards him.

Even though Nova was a unicorn he usually preferred not to use his magic for eating because he believed that it ‘tainted’ his food. Regardless, there was not a hesitation on whether or not to eat the treats that were being presented to him.

Poisoning was merely an afterthought as Nova scarfed down the cupcakes with the ease of an earth pony, as most unicorns don't even know how not to do things without their magic. Though as he was eating, there were some muffled conversation which seemed to come from upstairs.

“Okay you ready?” Said one of the voices.

“Ready!” Answered not one but multiple voices. A door opened from above with light shining out from it. Many hoof steps resounded throughout the basement as they traveled down the stairs in the darkness. Nova only turned around as much as he could but saw what seemed to him to be six ponies in dark cloaks. These should be my captors. Hmm, let’s see what they want. I don't have time though...aww what the hell. I'm not gonna make it back anytime soon. I could have some fun with this.

A playful grin came over Nova. He finished eating his cupcakes and turned to the cloaked ponies that surrounded him. His axe fidgeted and stopped for a moment when the cloaked ponies formed a circle around the little interrogation scene. One of the cloaked figures took off their hoods and then revealed herself. She had a rainbow mane and a cyan coat. It was none other than Rainbow Dash.

“Okay bud, lets start by asking some questions.” She came close and slammed her hooves on the table. “Cause if you don't start talking there is another bolt of lightning heading towards you and this time it’s gonna head for your flank! Now who are you and who are you working for!?” Another pony removed her cloak and showed her regal purple mane and white coat. Rarity revealed herself and faced Nova Blade as she addressed Rainbow Dash.

“Now, Dashie, that's no way to pry information out of a gentlecolt,” she said in a calm tone, “but you do have a point. So let’s start with your name.” Nova looked at the both of them with dumbfounded expression. Are they serious? Didn't I tell them my name back at the hospital? They have got to be kidding me. Whatever, let’s get this over with. He turned to Rarity and matched her gaze with his.

“Blade...Nova Blade.” He kept his cool. Rarity winked at Rainbow until she took the hint to move on.

“So mind telling us WHY you broke out of the hospital?! And knocked me out cold?” Rainbow demanded. She went right up to Nova and hoofed him the face before he could answer. Nova took it like a stallion and just shook it off. That bucking hurt. I swear, once I'm out of this crazy place, I'm asking Luna to rethink some laws pertaining to vigilante justice regarding revenge when I'm through here. Rarity spoke again in nice calm and relaxed tone, unhindered from Dash’s actions.

“This could be easier if you would just come out with a more detailed explanation.”

“She just hoofed me in the face! Why should I bother to explain myself again!?” Nova abruptly said. He turned to see Rainbow Dash now pacing back and forth in front of the table.

“Because darling, she does not have the patience to wait for an answer. I'm the only one keeping her in line, so its in your best interest to answer.” Rarity explained. Nova thought for a moment before realising something very interesting. Are they playing the good cop and bad cop routine? You CAN’T be serious. It even sounds like it has been rehearsed before they came down here. Even the slap to the face. Awkward. Nova raised an eyebrow at the other cloaked mares.

“So why are only two of the Elements of Harmony doing the interrogation routine? And I bet one of you wants to know why I ended up here in the first place, right?”

Twilight revealed herself as she took off her hood and stepped forward into the light. Once she did so, Applejack, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie revealed themselves as well. Pinkie though was wearing glowing goggles that looked straight out of an action movie.

“That's what I want to know as well,” Twilight asked. “So are you gonna say sorry for hurting us and pay for the damages for the hospital?”

Nova stared back towards his plate that used to have cupcakes on them and looked back at her. “Nah, but I will ask why you're doing the cloak thingy and the interrogation thingy from Mare and Order?” Twilight hesitated to answer for a moment. Does he know that I took this from a book called ‘Interrogations for foals’? No. It that cannot be the case as he looks like a normal guard of some sort and can't possibly know that, can he? Twilight just continued to just pelt him with questions in the place of Rarity.

“So who are you working for? Do you work for the Night Guard? Why do you have a weapon type that nopony has used for over a thousand years? And why do you hate hospitals so much? And why does your armor look so different?”

Nova thought for a moment and spoke as Rainbow Dash looked at him with a mean look. He slightly shuddered in his chair as he answered back.

“Classified, nope, classified, and one time I took a shot, and it went wrong. Very wrong. My armour is different because it was a gift and custom made. Happy now? Can I go now? And for the record I am slightly sorry.”

“That's still not enough! Why did you involve Twilight in that spell that nearly destroyed the town!?” yelled dash as she banged on the table again in front of Nova. Nova decided to ignore her and just answered plainly.

“Look, I'm under official orders to not disclose any information, especially to the Elements of Harmony, about who I'm working for and what my current mission is. Things are not meant to be known to you mares, especially coming from me. I'm gonna probably have to beg for forgiveness once this blows over at some point in the future and probably fight...” he gulped loudly, “...her again.”

“So wait a darn second right here,” Applejack spoke up from the group, “whatcha’ mean that ya cannot discuss information? If ya know that we’re the Elements of Harmony, then ya would’ve known that Twilight here is Princess Celestia's personal student. So there is no reason for ya ta hide anything from us.”

“Yeah!” Pinkie Pie chimed, ”this is so awesome. Secrets, espionage, and tricks and lies. All in one place. Don't you know that you're only a letter away from big trouble Mister Mcmeany?”

“I have done some research while you were knocked out and found out that the spell you used was invented by Storm Wind the Bold.” Twilight said matter of factly. “He was a unicorn general in the Lunar Republic during the Lunar and Solar War over a thousand years ago. He was one of the few ponies that knew how to make extremely far teleports but the spell caused some major damage in rare instances to the surroundings of the end destination. How does a pony like you know and have enough magic to use that spell? Especially when even I can’t find a single book on how to perform it.” Twilight and the mares all just stared at Nova who was being distracted from a random fly that was buzzing around the table. He realized he was asked a question and cleared his throat.

“Ahem. Again, classified. And for the record, telling Celestia about me will get you nowhere. Just because you know the origin of my spell does not mean anything.” He glanced at Fluttershy who was visibly scared and looked back to Rainbow Dash who was still pacing back and forth with wings spread up. Twilight face hoofed right then and there in frustration. Nothing is working to get information out of this stallion. What do we do? Applejack turned to Dash and pointed to Nova.

“Dash if ya will?”

“With pleasure!” She suddenly came and hoofed Nova in the face again, this time a little harder. Fluttershy let out a little “eep” when Nova got hit.

“Why are you making this situation much more dreadful than it has to be?” asked Rarity. Nova put a hoof to his left cheek. Dang that mare is strong. That’s it, I took an oath and I will complete that oath to the letter. No more mister nice guy. They will have to try to pry the information from my cold dead hooves. Nova steeled himself with an expressionless face and winked towards his axe which was still tied up. The axe glowed around its edges in yellow as it seemed like it wanted to wink back.

“I have decided not to tell you anymore information. And there is no way you can make me speak...” Whilst Nova was talking, Pinkie Pie started shaking and bolted out of the basement. She went up the stairs, came back down and laid down three objects on the table. There on the table was a toothbrush, toothpaste and a glass of what appeared to be filled with orange juice. Nova Blade looked at the contents that was on the table and looked back towards Pinkie Pie. She had a little grin on her face that resembled pure evil for a split second. Nova wondered if anyone noticed it, but they probably didn't. For once in his life, Nova started to feel fear. Okay, just slight fear.

“Uh, why is there orange juice and toothpaste here?” Asked Nova. A bead of sweat came down his face.

“Um, maybe a new interrogation technique?” Twilight answered while looking awkwardly at Pinkie who nodded in return, “but what does a beverage and some hygiene supplies have to do with getting information out of him?” Pinkie went up and whispered something into Twilight's ear. Twilight suddenly frowned whilst Pinkie was explaining the details.

“You gotta be joking, right?” Twilight said as she focused her gaze towards Pinkie. Pinkie nodded without saying a word. The other mares looked on bewildered and wondered what was she planning. Nova sat there oblivious to his surroundings and looked at his axe which seemed to be fighting more and more on its chair on its own as if it was trying to get away from something. Pinkie turned to Fluttershy.

“Hey Fluttershy, what happens when you put toothpaste and orange juice together?” Fluttershy let out a squeak for being put on the spot.

“Oh my,” she answered softly, “it tastes really, umm....bad.” Nova’s eyes went tiny as he realized what they were gonna do to him. No. They can't be SERIOUS!? Can they? Don't they know that brushing your teeth and immediately drinking orange juice right after is probably worse than eating hot peppers drizzled with hot sauce with more peppers on top of that!? I'd rather take poison joke in liquid form and drink it than do this. But I can't let them know how bad it is. It seems that pink mare is the only one that knows how truly bad it can be. Mental note: Take out the pink one when given the chance.

The mares nodded in agreement and all stared at Nova as he was thinking to himself. Nova steeled himself once more with an expressionless face as all six mares approached in front and stared at him. Now normally to Nova these colorful bunch of ponies would be cute and awesome in the sunlight but down in the darkness with only their faces showing, created a scene from a cheesy horror flick, and made them at least one hundred and twenty percent more intimidating. Twilight who was in the middle started to speak.

“Okay, now we have a way to make you talk. Rainbow, Applejack, please hold him down tighter.” They both complied as they put their hoofs on Nova to restrict his movement even further. “Now Rarity, brush his teeth.” Rarity grabbed the brush and lifted it with her telekinesis. The brush floated lazily into the air and was met with some minty toothpaste.

It started moving slowly towards Nova, who was losing his cool each passing second. No, they can't be serious. But they were serious as Rarity made the brush go for his mouth while Twilight picked up the orange juice and made it go slowly towards him as well. Nova watched as they inched it closer and closer to him in slow motion. Not gonna snap, not gonna snap. The objects got to within a foot of his face and Nova watched pinkie with the corner of his eyes for a moment as she pretended to reenact the moment of contact and collapsed on the floor in a fake silent gagging. Holy sweet moon pie crusts, they're actually gonna do it!

Nova snapped.

“Okay, okay, I’ll talk, I’ll talk! Please just don't make me brush my teeth and drink orange juice right after! Anything but that!!!” yelled Nova in a frantic panic while flailing around in his chair, nearly falling over. The mares just looked at each other with a smile. Rarity and Twilight both put down their utensils of torture.

“About time! Now we want the full story and don't leave a single thing out!” Rainbow Dash called out rather rudely. Twilight turned the lights on to reveal that this whole scene took place in the middle of some makeshift science lab slash basement. Everyone gathered around the table to get ready to listen to Nova Blade’s explanation.

“I'm going to take notes about this. So please start whenever you're ready.” Twilight took the notepad on the table and pulled out a quill. Applejack and Rarity both sat down while Fluttershy sat next to Rainbow Dash. Pinkie Pie pulled out popcorn from out of nowhere and started munching in anticipation to Nova’s story. Nova relaxed with them as the whole situation changed in an instant. Suddenly from evil mares to somewhat normal ponies? Where they acting the entire time? Nova mentally face hoofed as he should of done this from the beginning to save himself of all this trouble and torture.

“Could you at least untie me before I explain?”

“No," everypony said at once.

Nova sighed and looked back to his axe and winked. The axe fidgeted to the left three times and the right two times. Nova Agreed with a head nod and turned to face his captors.

“Limb Splitter says to get this done and over with,” Nova explained in a firm tone, “so in order to explain why and how I ended up here in the state I was in, I have to start from the beginning.” Everyone just had confused looks. He looked at something random before facing the mares once more, “I'm sure you heard the news about missing cutie marks...”

-----------------------------

Location : Princess Luna’s Private chambers.

Time : Same time as Nova Blade was being interrogated by the Mane Six.

----------------------------------

Luna was not happy. Not happy at all. All which was heard throughout her room was the sound of deep voice that said “Game Over.” Luna put the controller down with her magic and gave a heavy sigh. Its been five years since she returned and she taken a liking to these ‘video games’, as they call them, a lot. It sort of gave her insight as to what her subjects like these days. She would’ve been sleeping at this time but there was something that was keeping her up. She herself could not really explain what it was, but it was a nagging type of feeling.

She looked at her two personal guards who were sleeping on their hooves. Usually, they would be awake when their princess was up and about but in this case Luna didn't really care to wake them up. She smiled to herself and went to her bed to try to get some sleep. Playing the game “Mane Effect 3” was not the best idea to try to get some shut eye though. Damn noobs online. Hate them. If only I can send those buffoons to the moon for what they did to me...no matter, I think its time to get some rest.

She laid down and scrunched up her pillow before setting her head down. Her eyes wandered from place to place around the room. As princess of the night, going to sleep was not her favorite thing to do surprising. Her eyelids closed and she started to think happy thoughts.

CRASH!

Out of nowhere a pegasus and earth pony smashed through the doors of Luna’s chambers, instantly obliterating them into smithereens. The guards who were sleeping woke up instantly while simultaneously being thrown away from the force. Luna on the other hoof shot up and saw everything that happened. A light green pegasus with a red, orange, and yellow mane that had two crossbows mounted on his wings and light barding as well, slid across the ground before grinding to a halt. Next to him was a light brown earth pony mare with two toned purple hair that had some large saddle bags and was wearing power hooves, which looked like hoof bracelets. She was sprawled out on the floor next to the pegasus. Both of them had singes and burns on their armor and coats, including their cutie marks.

Luna looked at the two intruders with a hard gaze and eyed the wreckage they caused. Her guards were already back up along with their weapons out surrounding them. Luna though put a hoof up for them to stand down.

“What is thy, I mean, what is the meaning of this!?” asked Luna in loud pissed off tone.

“Ouch, remind me never to use a pegasus like you as the getaway vehicle,” the earth pony said while rubbing her head. The pegasus smirked at her. He weakly stepped forward to face Luna.

“Sorry Luna, but there was a bit of a, uh, situation with our mission.” He said with a hint of pain coming through him. The guards in the meantime helped the mare up to her hooves, all while still shaking from the whole crashing ordeal.

“Situation? It twas, I mean, it was a simple task. And what happened to you Lance Skyslicer,” Luna looked at the earth pony mare, “And you too Hammerheart? What brings you here this time crashing through my door completely unannounced. And where is my student of the night? Shouldn't he be with you?” Lance collapsed just slightly on one of his legs and rested on his haunches on the floor. He looked up at the night princess with a hardened gaze.

“Well princess, that's why we came back to tell you.” He shook his head in disappointment. “Your ‘student’ is in trouble...again.”

“Buck…”

End of Chapter 4

Reader has gained

+1 STR

+1 DEX

+1 LUK

+1 INT

New Skills Learned

Axe Telepathy: Your weapon can guide you in your travels and prove to be a valuable travelling companion especially during interrogations. Also it can give you turn by turn directions and provide some measure of tactical support.



Orange failure: You are afraid of orange juice and toothpaste. -2 LUK when near orange objects or hygiene supplies.