• Published 18th Feb 2023
  • 1,423 Views, 19 Comments

Equestrian Phoenix Prologue - Zachary Pyromaniac



A phoenix from another universe ends up in Equestria. Staring the first character I ever created.

  • ...
6
 19
 1,423

Imprisoned

Author's Note:

Wording like This means voices in someone's head.

*BOOM*

Explosions and gunfire rained everywhere as the boats pulled up to the beach. Dozens of American soldiers were sailing to certain death.

"This is it troops!"

Sergeant Kent shouted over the loud gunfire.

"Our objective is to get to those bunkers and take out those MG42's.

One soldier at the age of 25 stood clutching his Thompson sub machine gun with his very life. At that moment, the boats hit the beach.

"Move out troops!!!"

Sergeant Kent shouted as the doors dropped. The soldiers started to run, but the second they did, the boat was riddled with bullets. Half the soldiers in the boat were killed instantly. The one soldier hit the deck as bullets whizzed over his head.

"Zac, over here!!!"

A soldier shouted, Zac looked up to see his good friend Jake behind a barricade. Jumping to his feet, Zac ran for it as bullets flew in every direction. Reaching it, he jumped and slammed right into it.

"Crazy day right?"

Jake shouted over the gunfire.

"You got that right."

Zac shouted back.

They both peaked out and spotted another barricade about 40 yards up.

"On three, we're gonna make a run for it."

Zac said.

"Ok."

Jake responded. Zac started the count.

"one, two THREE!!!"

They both jumped out and ran for their lives as bullets whizzed all around them as they fired back. They reached it and ducked for cover.

"Ok, we're still alive!"

Zac said encouragingly. He peaked out and saw that they were halfway there.

"We're halfway there, We can make it Jake!"

Zac said. But Jake didn't respond.

"Jake?"

Zac turned, Jake was peering out the left side of the barricade.

"Jake, you good?"

Still not a response. Zac tapped him on the shoulder. Jake fell backward revealing his face, A single bullet had hit him in the forehead. He must have gotten shot when he had peered out. Zac was horror struck, Every sound around him had been muffled. He stared at the body of his now dead friend, sadness washed over him, but was soon replaced by rage. Picking up both Thompson's, he ran out from behind cover and open fired. But he barely made it 30 meters before he was hit. He felt as if time had slowed down, he looked down at the bullet hole in his torso. But before he could do anything else, he was riddled with bullets. He fell onto his back as the world faded around him.

Then it all went black...


"kill them" "kill them" "kill them" "kill them" "kill them" "kill them"

"Kill them all."


"FUCK!!!"

Zachary sprung awake in a pool of sweat, his eyes darting around the room. He was in the basement, in a dungeon, in a cell. Looking at himself, he was still his human appearance. The wound in his left side was also gone, like it was never there.

" And I thought the Jason nightmare was bad enough."

He thought to himself. He sat up, taking a deep breath and trying to remember what happened. Then it came back, he was bleeding out, running aimlessly through the castle until he was standing in a small room staring at the door. Then he blacked out.

"They must have found me and brought me here."

He said, filling in the gaps. He stood up and walked over to the bars of his cell, Studying it closely. He grabbed the bars and tried to pull them apart, but it was no use.

"Still adjusting."

He said quietly. He then walked over to the small barred window to look out, but it was too high. Stepping over to the bed, he dragged it just below and climbed on top of it. Staring out, he could see Ponyville down below the clouds. He must have been about 1000 feet up.

"How the fuck do I get myself into these messes?"

He questioned. Still looking out the window, he didn't notice that someone had entered the room until he heard a voice behind him.

"Excuse me?"

"huh?"

Zac looked at the door of his cell out of the corner of his eye and saw none other than Twilight Sparkle herself sitting there looking at him. The weirdest part about this was the fact that she was alone, no one else had entered.

"Are you doing okay?"

She asked nervously.

"Why do you care?"

He responded, looking back out the window.

"Don't you see me as a threat?"

This caused her to pause for a moment, now to think of it, she wasn't sure herself.

"I don't know."

She replied. Zac continued to stare out the window.

"What do you see when you look at me?."

He said, still not looking back. Twilight just stared at him for a moment, he sounded so broken, depressed, and yet calm. When she looked at him, she didn't see a threat. What she did see when she looked at him was someone who was just lost and confused. Ripped away from wherever they belonged and thrown into Equestria.

"You don't seem like a bad person."

She finally said. He turned slowly until his left eye was just barely visible. The scar that ran down his face sent a shiver down her spine.

"You... don't know who I am, WHAT I am.""

He said in a trembling voice. He sounded scared, why did he sound scared? What was he that was so bad?

"Then, what are you

She asked nervously. It took Zac a second to answer.

"Is that something you really wanna know?"

He said.

"Of course it is."

She replied. Zac turned fully and jumped off the bed.

"I can't tell you."

He said plainly. Twilight was confused.

"What do you mean you can't tel-"

Zac raised a finger silencing her.

"But... I can show you."

He finished. Twilight was again, confused.

"What?"

"It's something I can do."

He said.

"If I concentrate hard enough with someone I can show them my memories. But I've only done this once. And since then I haven't again."

Zac pause for a moment to breathe.

"The only problem is that I can't control what I show you. That being said if I were to do this, then you would see everything I've done. So I'll ask you again, Is that something you really want to know?"

Twilight was unsure of this now, she wanted to know but she was also afraid of what she might see. She thought for a second, then made her choice.

"Yes, I'm sure."

Zac just looked at her, she really wanted to know. And by the way her violet eyes stared into his, he couldn't deny her.

"Okay."

He said walking forward.

"But remember, YOU asked for this."

He crouched down in front of the bars as Twilight approached slowly.

"Just close your eyes."

He said. Twilight did as she was told. He reached out his hand and gently laid it on her forehead. Twilight almost opened her eyes in shock, but she kept them closed. His hand was surprisingly warm to the touch, it was very soothing in a way.

"Are you ready for this?"

He asked in concern.

"Yes."

He responded softly.

"All right, here we go."

He said. He closed his own eyes and concentrated as hard he could. Judging by a change in the wind outside, he could tell it was starting to work. But before he could think about it any further, Twilight suddenly gasped and jumped away from him.

"Shit, I forgot to tell you it could be a little violent."

He said. Twilight stared at him with a look of absolute terror.

"Are you okay?"

He asked in concern. Twilight said nothing, but he could say anything else, she suddenly ran out the door as it closed behind her rather violently. Zac just stared at the door.

"Shit."


Twilight ran through the dungeon frantically looking for the way out. She eventually found the stairs out of the basement and with one last effort, she ran out of the basement and slammed the door shut with a flick of her horn. She lean against the door painting violently as Zac's memories were running through her head like a burning tsunami. She felt like she was about to go insane, but somehow she manage to pull herself together. She walked down the hall, the memories still screaming in her head.

"Oh my god, he did all that."

She said quietly, still breathing rather heavily. But despite all Zac showed her, Her opinion of him had not changed. She knew who and what he was now.

"But even though he did, He did it for the greater good, to help people, to save people. He's not a monster, he's a hero."

She looked back towards the door to the basement regretting the choice to run.

"But now he probably thinks I'm scared of him."


"She's probably afraid of me now. "

Zac said walking back to the bed.

"I warned her, Why didn't she listen?"

He flopped down facing the ceiling with his hands behind his head.

"But it doesn't matter."

He said with the look of determination on his face as he gazed at the moon.

"Because when the time is right, I'm getting out the fuck of here."