• Published 13th Aug 2022
  • 319 Views, 0 Comments

The Wacky And Uncharacteristic Adventures of Circadian - PearlyDoesStuff



[EqG] My name is Circadian Bedside — welcome to my crappy life.

  • ...
3
 0
 319

That Part Where Sunset Is Hated By Everyone (almost) Because of the Internet

It's a winter day. Shit. My favorite season. I wake up, very clearly annoyed, and get myself even remotely presentable before waiting a bit since I woke up early.

I kick up my phone, and MyStable is spamming me with notifications. Looks like something is going down. I open the app, and go figure. Some moron(s) made a page to spread the secrets of the school.

And that profile picture! Come on, can't you be any less blatant? That's just a cutout of the Bacon Lady! Whoever's behind this clearly hasn't heard of being too obvious for their own good! This doesn't match her MO, it's stupid as all hell and childish as fuck!

"The twenty-first century, am I right...?" I say in a disappointed tone.

Of course, I think this is idiotic and I can already tell the school's gonna be up in arms over this shit, so I start running some math on who it could be, because I'm bored as shit.

Anyone who's had their secrets posted is right out, and that secret of AJ's seems way too personal for just anyone to have gotten their hands on it. This hugely narrows down my pool of possible people.

Her grandmother isn't even a possibility, that woman couldn't operate a fucking flip phone. Big Mac isn't the type to do this kind of crap, and if I know AJ well enough, it's probably likely her friends know by now as well.

Of course, it's about time for my bus to arrive, so I head out, catch the bus and stop near school, then walk the rest of the way while racking my brain.

I arrive at the door, and everything is weirdly normal, except for the occasional asshole making pig noises whenever AJ's nearby. I think that's crass and I would have delivered some vigilante justice by way of a punch to the nose, but I don't have the energy to deal with this right now.

I get my ass through classes until cafeteria hour just barely avoiding falling asleep from my head racing to try and figure something out to deal with this situation before it devolves into someone (Gilda, most likely) doing something that'd get them put in the slammer, and with good reason.

I doubt Fluttershy could ever even do this, she's way too much of a doormat, and it goes against her entire personality to do something like this, Rarity is the gossip mill's queen, but even she has some standards, and ruining AJ like that would get her killed.

I walk up to the cafeteria station while constantly pacing around trying my damnedest to think about who could be behind this, but even with that first piece of dirt, this is way too circumstantial to have a definitive answer.

"Hey, can I have my usual?" I ask.

Of course, Granny Smith gives me the usual food I eat whenever I come here if at all, and I don't really expend much energy so just two apples is pretty much enough to last me for a while.

I'm actually invested in something for once, so I choose to sit near to the rainbow ladies, which doesn't get them to bat much of an eye (thanks, magical apocalypse!) and keep listening into the conversations they make.

"Listen, what Ah think is that you did it!" Applejack states with both disgust and confidence.

Sunset immediately recoils at the accusation and denies it, but clearly, even the magical girls who've saved the world can be torn apart by some comedically blatant framing attempt by some clueless idiot. Rarity immediately backs Applejack, which makes me a little suspicious, but those two are about as subtle as a train wreck with how they feel about each other, so I don't think it's the case for long.
Rainbow doesn't use her brain (as usual) and agrees as well, with Fluttershy following behind her out of what I assume is blind loyalty, because I can tell she hesitates a little, but cooler heads prevail for now and the group doesn't immediately split, but Sunset seems a little more excluded from activities.

They end up making plans for a sleepover at Rarity's, and I tune the convo out from there. I finish eating, head outside and back to classes for the rest of the day until it ends.

I catch my bus ride back home, and play some games for a while until I fall asleep, and the next day, EVERYTHING IS ON FUCKING FIRE.

"Faust almighty, what is happening right now!?" I react with honest to all seven heavens shock at how my phone is going insane with the notifications. Apparently the chief idiot posted another secret.

This time it's some pictures of what looks to be the friend group in some utterly disgusting clothing that even my horrible fashion sense thinks is a crime against humanity.

And that's actually a hint, too. Rarity claims the photos were from Sunset's phone, which I think she's right on, but considering they were at a sleepover... at her house...

I think I know who's behind this. Well, actually, it's multiple people. It's the kids who run the movie club. Only Apple Bloom would have access to AJ's nickname that easily without asking, and considering Sunset's phone was likely stolen to post those photos, it can only be Sweetie Belle. And since those three are more joined at the hip than anyone else I know, Scootaloo has to be involved in some way.

I clean myself up for once, get my hair straight which I normally don't do, but I have to be at my best to call these kids put and have them take me seriously.

I put on a hoodie, some long panths and head out for the day, and into school.

I of course, wait at the door after getting there early, because boy oh boy this is way too much of an opportunity to pass up. I can tell that the rainbow gals have definitely split down the middle after yesterday's leaks. I write up a paper note to pass to Shimmy when I see her, telling her I know who the culprits are, and that I'll deal with them for her.

"Hey, Shimmy. Not your biggest fan, but this is just a low blow and an insult to everyone's intelligence. I know who's playing the bullshitter on MyStable and I'll talk to them and get them to stop and confess. And I'll tell you too, just so you know who you need to have hooked to a cross or whatever apt punishment you feel like doling out. Hint: They're your friend's relatives, and are younger than they are. Yeah, it's Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.
Your not-so-best friend and probably one of few people with a brain left here, CB."

I spot her, and pass her the note soon after.
"Girl, you might wanna read that."

I wait out by the wall behind the gates and wait for everyone to pass by, out of sight. Of course, soon after, the kids come out the gate and I catch them in the act.

"Look who's spreading the secrets of the entire school body... I figured it was you three after the Rarity leaks, but jeez. You're sloppy at best."

Of course, the three of them attempt to deny it vehemently, but it doesn't go to plan for them as I point out that their phones are logged into the Anon-a-Miss account. I take a picture for the evidence and tell them to fess up to the principals under my watch. They collectively agree because they know they're fucked if it comes out any other way.

"Hey, boss lady. Might have figured out which kids were behind that whole scandal with the leaks of people's secrets. Alright, you three, get your asses over here."

The principal is a little annoyed at my use of crass language, but the kids walk in. And jeez, do they never give up? They try to deny it again, but I point out I have proof, and Sweetie breaks the dam. She confesses that only she was behind it, probably an attempt to save her friends from punishment, but I point out that all three of them were in on it.

The principal doesn't buy Sweetie's sob story one bit, and orders a school wide meeting in the auditorium through the PA. Of course, everyone else is surprised and I can hear minor grumbling as I walk there, but they set up the grand exposé.

Of course, the kids get called out in front of the entire school, the teachers make a public show of deleting the account, and slap those three with a year of no tech access and after that they have to be on permanent supervision by an adult or an upperclassman if they are to use any technology, and they're on the cross on that too, no more than 10 minutes at a time.

My gut tells me that their houses probably ruined them more, but that's not for me to decide how to feel about, they deserve every last bit of it.

That was the end of the auditorium exposé, and everyone went back to class. The air was basically so thick it could kill with how tense everyone was. I just finished what I had to do and quickly got out of school before I could get murdered.

I didn't feel like playing any games today, so I just ate some food and went to bed.

Author's Note:

Anon-a-Miss, huh? Yeah, this is pretty clearly me mocking the plot for how contrived it is by having Circadian use his brain to solve it.

The other students' secrets were posted too, I just glossed over it, because Circadian is more of the type of person to hyperfocus on more major leads.