• Published 18th Jun 2022
  • 5,905 Views, 2,096 Comments

Looking Glass - Hiver



Nocturnis is growing, things are peaceful and Princess Luna is coming to visit. Things are looking good for Page!

  • ...
19
 2,096
 5,905

Chapter 38

I left the small cottage as the sun set at the horizon, leaving Pepper and Fluttershy talking on the couch.

Yawning, I rubbed my eyes for a second before I lit my horn and wrapped myself in an invisibility spell and took to the sky.

I took to the skies and then I banked around, heading out over the Everfree forest. I needed somewhere to think away from everypony else.

Climbing higher, I flew as the sun set at the horizon and the moon rose, throwing a silver light across the forest.

The wind picked up slightly and I rested on my wings, sweeping silently across the forest as I let my spell fade away. Nopony here to see me.

There.

My destination became visible at the horizon and I changed course slightly, heading towards the Castle of the Two sisters.

I would be able to be alone to think there.

A slight rumble at the horizon made me look and I almost smiled. Wild thunderheads, no ponies managing the weather here.

Reminded me of home.

But unless I wanted to fly in the rain, I would need to find somewhere with a roof. We might be able to handle getting wet better than any other sort of pony, except maybe sea ponies if they existed, but didn’t mean I would enjoy getting rained on. Especially here where it was a lot cooler than back home.

Banking around, I circled the remains of the high towards before I beat my wings and then spiraled, pulling up before flying in through an open hole in the wall.

My hooves touched down on the stone floor and I looked around.

I had judged it right. It was Lunas room. Not… not my Lunas room. Or rather it was, just in a different timeline.

Luna here and my Luna was the same Luna, just split further back in the timeline. If I never appeared, this Luna would be my Luna. Or rather this would have been the only Luna.

To be frank, it gave me a headache.

I slowly looked around, careful not to touch anything. But I scowled when I spotted the evil book. I could feel its draw now when I had more experience.

A kind of oily dark aura whispering promises of power and shadows.

I sneered at it, grasped it in my magic before I threw it outside, sending a pair of my strongest blasting spells after it.

Not entirely sure if it completely destroyed it like Lunas spell had, but it went into pieces, falling towards the ring lake below..

Sighing softly, I looked around before I closed my eyes.

Luna.

Sunset.

Twilight.

Home. Needed to go home. I had to get back to them, but… was what I was doing here the right thing?

This would cause upheaval. The revelation of bat ponies being… not common. But among ponies…

Not only that, but kicking things off and then fucking off back to my world, just leaving everything behind for somepony else to clean up.

I was tricking ponies to do it. Putting responsibility on the shoulders of ponies that deserved so much better.

Fluttershy alone… she would be exposed and this time with no Nocturnis to hide in away from everypony else.

Pepper… every bat pony would be relying on her.

Was it right? Did I have the right? If I didn’t, was it too late to prevent it? Had I even a right to stop it?

It would improve the life of thousands of ponies. Prevent the extinction of an entire tribe of ponies and prevent so much suffering and pain before then.

The rain started to pour down outside with a crack of thunder. I looked towards it, walking over to put my hoof on a thick fallen stone, looking out towards the forest below.

A timberwolf howled somewhere in the distance.

It was too late to stop anyhow. Even if I had said nothing, reached out to nopony, just me arriving here would have put things into motion.

Luna. Celestia.

Just hearing my story put the bats on their radar again. Revealed their pain… and neither Luna nor Celestia would be able to leave that alone.

So no. There was no stopping or preventing it. Only helping and for that…

We needed ponies like Fluttershy and Pepper because I was right in my first thought in that everypony else would need some bats in on this to show them that they could trust Luna and Celestia.

…Though after a thousand years of having to live in the light of her sun, I’m not sure any of them will ever trust Celestia.

Even my ponies in Nocturnis didn’t like Celestia. Some liked Luna, but most just tolerated her.

Sunshine.

I felt bad about manipulating Celestia like that, using her hidden romantic side against her in such a way, especially when putting Equestria before family. I knew Celestia, either Celestia.

Their armor, their control was unbreakable.

But I knew them, I knew where that unbreakable armor had flaws. Open gaps if you knew where to look. And I felt horrible for taking advantage of it.

It hurt her.

I closed my eyes and took a slow and deep breath, taking in the scent of the rain and the night.

Luna…

Sighing, I pulled away from the opening as the wind picked up and drops of water hit me from the outside.

No going back until the rain is done, might as well get some rest. It had been a long day.

Looking around, I then spread my wings and took to the rafters to hang from my tail, wrapping my wings around myself as I squeezed my eyes closed tight.

I hate being a prince. I never wanted this sort of responsibility.

…I just wanted to write books and curl up by Lunas fireplace…