• Published 17th Sep 2012
  • 7,134 Views, 82 Comments

Equestria Transformed Act 1: Autobots and Ponies - Autobot Lancewing



The Autobots find themselves in a strange world after the final battle takes an unexpected turn.

  • ...
10
 82
 7,134

Chapter 5

Princess Celestia yawned in exhaustion as she stepped into her bedroom. After gently shutting the door, she hung her robe on the hook, leaving her in her nightgown, one that some would say gave her a rather sensual appearance. She then sat down at her vanity and grasped her hairbrush to finish her nightly ritual, however, before she could begin, she caught sight of someone standing behind her in the mirror. She quickly stood up and turned around to face the intruder only to find…

"Optimus Prime?"

Indeed it was the Autobot leader standing on the other side of her room. As to why he was there, she didn't know. But she did know that Prime was looking at her with hunger in his eyes; a certain type of hunger. He was wearing jeans and white button-up shirt that was currently unbuttoned and showing off his well-toned chest and abs that the sun diarch could not help but drool at.

He began to slowly saunter over to her like a predator cornering his prey. Celestia, in turn, started to back away slowly until she tripped and fell onto her bed. In an instant, she found Optimus hovering over her, the hungry stare never leaving his eyes. She could feel her heart beat faster as her cheeks began to get hotter; having a very good idea of what was about to happen next. At least, she hoped it was.

Celestia wasn't disappointed when Prime lowered his head to her. She closed her eyes, eagerly waiting, as the stallion's lips inched to hers; closer and closer until…

---

BZZT! BZZT! BZZT! BZZT! BZZT! BZZT! BZZT!

The eyes of the solar princess peeked open at her darkened bedroom. There was no sign that anyone else had been in there, no extra clothes and definitely no Optimus Prime; signifying it was all just a dream. She cursed silently as she hit the snooze button on her alarm clock and rolled back over.

"It was getting good, too," she whined groggily.

---

A/N:

Azure Dragon of the East (Blue Anthro Dragon): *hits the "Pause" button* Don't you just hate it when that happens, Lancewing?

Lancewing (Blue and White Anthro Wolf): I don't know... If I had someone in my house I wasn't aware of (dream or not) I wouldn't know what to think.

Azure Dragon of the East: I meant don't you hate when you're having a dream and it's really getting good. And just before the best part... you get woken by the alarm clock?

Lancewing: Oh. I knew that... Heh heh. Yeah I hate... HATE when that happens.

Azure Dragon of the East: It's like it happens on purpose, doesn't it?

Azure Dragon of the East: *presses "Play"*

---

Celestia remained there for a moment or two before she sat up.

"Might as well get up now."

She ignited the candles to illuminate her room before she grabbed her bathrobe. The sun diarch pulled open the curtains to gaze out at the night sky, admiring the soft glow of her sister's moon. She then focused to the horizon as her horn began to shine a golden glow and slowly pulled up the sun. When it had reached a good enough height, she ceased her magic.

Celestia then turned around, grabbed her towel and made her way into her personal bathroom. Later, after a relaxing bath and full, perfectly prepared breakfast, it was time to prepare for the day. However, before she could even stand up from the table, a scroll had appeared in familiar puff of green flame.

Catching the scroll with her magic, she unfurled it to read.

'Dear Princess Celestia,

I'm writing this letter to inform you that the Autobot leader: Optimus Prime wishes to meet with you at your earliest convenience to ask for your cooperation in locating a sacred Cybertronian relic that has been lost somewhere in Equestria. Thus far, his team has been unsuccessful in finding it; leading to Optimus' assumption that it is somewhere else in Equestria. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Your ever faithful student,

Twilight Sparkle'

Celestia's face lit up at this. Optimus wanted to meet with her?! She then quickly grabbed a quill and parchment.

'To my faithful student, Twilight Sparkle,

I currently have no major business that takes precedence today so I am free right now. You can take the next train to Canterlot; Princess Cadance and Shining Armor are visiting from the Crystal Empire and will meet you there.

Best wishes,

Princess Celestia'

Celestia then rolled it up, applied the wax seal and, with little bit of magic, sent it on its way.

"I've got to get ready."

She called for her stylists and beauticians to report to her chambers. When they arrived, the sun diarch stepped forward.

"Ladies, we have a visiting ruler coming to Canterlot," she began like a military officer.

The gathered stylists whispered among each other at this news. One stepped forward.

"Princess, does this have something to do with the new Alicorn we've been hearing about?"

"Yes it does. He will be arriving on the 10:20 train later this morning to meet with me and I need your help to look my best. Are you up to the challenge?"

"Ma'am, yes, Ma'am!" they all said like soldiers, relishing the thought of a challenge.

"Then let's get to work."

---

There was a major buzz all around Canterlot; many had heard rumors of a band of warrior ponies appearing almost out of nowhere. Some had spoken of the advanced technology they all possessed. Others spoke of a changeling being in their ranks. But the biggest gossip was the Alicorn stallion that led them.

Many were curious of this new "royal" pony and where he came from but some were skeptical about him while a handful dismissed his existence as only rumors. The doubters were of the mindset that only seeing this stallion with their own eyes will make them believers.

---

The 10:20 a.m. train pulled into Canterlot station on schedule as it always did. Passengers disembarked or boarded in relative silence but three passengers stepping off drew the attention of many. One was a familiar purple Unicorn mare known as Twilight Sparkle. The next was a silver Earth Pony with a black-colored mane done up in dreadlocks and tied back into a short ponytail. He wore a black t-shirt with red and blue vertical stripes and white sweat pants. He also had a pair of blue sunglasses resting on the top of his head.

This was Jazz, second in command of the Autobots with his Pontiac Solstice/Armor parked by his side.

The last one was a giant red Alicorn with a blue mane and tail. This was Optimus Prime. By his side was his Peterbilt alt mode with its trailer. The Wreckers spent a good deal of time in the Everfree Forest looking for anything that might have followed them here from Earth and found the trailer in a tree. One could imagine that they got a laugh out of it. They got it out quickly and brought it back for repairs from the rough treatment it got like the rest of the Autobots received when the first arrived.

Twilight checked her watch.

"Okay, now we wait for my brother to escort us to the castle."

Shining Armor and Princess Cadance were walking to the train station to meet up with Twilight and a few of these Autobots they heard about. Cadance was rather eager to meet another Alicorn other than her aunts and mother. They two spotted their visitors due to Optimus and Jazz drawing a lot of attention. Twilight's eyes then met theirs.

"Cadance!"

Twilight ran up to her former foal sitter.

"Sunshine, sunshine, ladybug's awake! Clap your hooves and do a little shake!" they recited before laughing.

Shining Armor chuckled at the two's secret handshake where as Prime and Jazz looked on in stunned silence. Twilight then composed herself and motioned to her two guests.

"Shining Armor, Princess Cadance, allow me to introduce to you the Autobot Leader, Optimus Prime--"

"Greetings," Prime said with a nod.

"-- and his second-in-command, Jazz."

"What's crackin'?"

"Optimus, Jazz, my older brother and captain of the royal guards, Shining Armor--"

"Former captain, Twiley. I retired from that post."

"--and my sister-in-law and old foal sitter, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza."

Princess Cadence looked at the red stallion and simply said, "Cadance is just fine, though. It's a pleasure to meet you."

In her mind, however, 'I'm a married mare. I'm a married mare. I'm a married mare. I'm a married mare.'

While Cadence had her internal monologue, Shining Armor had his turn.

"I'm pleased to meet you, sir."

"Likewise, captain," Optimus replied as he shook his hand.

Shining then turned to Jazz, "And you as well."

"It's always cool to meet new people."

As the group of seven (five ponies plus two vehicles) trekked through the streets of the Equestrian capital, they could overhear the numerous groups of ponies gossiping as they passed. One was a group of socialite mares at a cafe.

"Is that him?"

"My word, he's huge!"

"He really is an Alicorn!"

"Where do you think he came from?"

"What's that thing next to him?"

"He is SO handsome; do you think he's single?"

Not too far away, they heard another group; this time was a trio of royal guards.

"I heard he's a super fierce warrior from another country."

"I heard he took on like 30 rabid Diamond Dogs at once!"

"I heard he's so tough, there's no chin under his beard… There is only another fist."

The paid no mind to any more of the gossip from the crowds. As they continued on, a thought kept nagging at Twilight's mind.

"I've been meaning to ask, Optimus: what is the item that you wanted to meet with Princess Celestia about?"

"I wish to ask her aid in locating the Matrix of Leadership."

"What's that?"

"As the name implies, whosoever wields it is, by right, named the ruler of Cybertron."

"So it's like your crown?" she asked.

"In a manner of speaking, yes but it is also more."

The group stopped as the headlights on Prime's truck lit up and displayed a hologram of the Matrix; a triangular, skeletal-like object with a bright glow emanating from the center.

"Is that it?"

"Yes. Do not be fooled by its appearance for it contains energy of immense proportions that we have yet to measure fully. Not only that, it also holds the collective knowledge of Cybertron; our history, our identity and the wisdom of all who came before us."

Twilight, Shining Armor and Cadence stared wide-eyed at the image of the Matrix; having grasped why yet astounded at how something so small and frail-looking could be so important.

"How did you lose it?" Twilight asked.

"When the space bridge malfunctioned and sucked us into the vortex, the matrix was pulled out of a compartment on my chest armor for safe keeping. I believe it overloaded the control pillar and that is how we ended up here."

That was enough for Twilight to accept. With the explanation complete, they moved on to Canterlot castle.

---

It was noon when Ironhide stood outside the entrance to Sweet Apple Acres. Applejack had asked for his help earlier. Seeing as how he had nothing to do at the time, he was more than happy to oblige; lest he die of boredom. The weapon specialist's GMC Topkick was pulled up alongside his leg while he himself was dressed in Camouflage pants and a red tanktop. He caught sight of Applejack running up to him.

"Howdy, Ironhide."

Ironhide greeted back with, "Hi."

"Thanks fer comin' by I really appreciate it."

"No problem. What is it that you needed?"

"Well ya see, it's Applebuck season"

"Whoa, wait. It's apple-what season?" Ironhide interrupted, unsure of what he heard.

"Buck. Applebuck," Applejack answered a little slower.

"Oh, for a minute there, I thought you said something else."

"What'd ya think I said?"

"Doesn't matter, don't worry about it." He didn't want to say he thought she said something a little more colorful.

Applejack continued to stare at the dark furred Autobot in confusion.

---

Jolt walked up to the door of Fluttershy's cottage and knocked. The day before, she had asked the young Autobot if he was willing to assist her in taking care of her animal friends. He wondered if his dark purple shirt and jeans were appropriate attire for this.

The reply came, "I'll be right there."

It was obviously Fluttershy's voice, but it seemed to be exhausted. Jolt waited a minute before the door was opened. There was no doubt in his mind that that was Fluttershy, but it was the start of the afternoon and she was exhausted. The door opened and there stood a very drained-looking Fluttershy.

"Are you okay?" Jolt asked.

"Hmm? Oh, yes, just a little winded."

"Winded? You look like you ran 100 laps around Praxus."

"Praxus?"

"Cybertronian city."

"Oh."

"Anyway, why are so tired?"

Fluttershy opened the door more to show why: dozens of her animals were laid down in little sickbeds with ice bags over the heads.

"It seems there's been an epidemic of the flu and these poor dears have caught it. I've been so busy nursing them back to health."

"So you need an extra pair of hands?"

"Oh, that would be wonderful."

Jolt took a quick look around then returned his gaze to Fluttershy.

"Where do you want me to start?"

"Well, I have some herbal medicine in the storage shed out back but I've been so busy making my little critter friends comfortable that I haven't had a chance to get it."

There was then a loud crash outside. Fluttershy and Jolt rushed out the door to see what the matter was. They found nothing out front but they did hear sounds coming from the backyard. Cautiously, they slowly circled around the house; the sounds growing louder the closer they got. Another thing they noticed was a growing foul and pungent scent.

"Ugh, what is that smell?"

He then looked around the corner to see what looked like giant wolves made out of trees raiding the storage shed. "What are those?" he asked, having the sneaking suspicion it was going to be a bad pun. His yellow coated companion took a glance.

"T-T-T-Timberwolves," Fluttershy stuttered out.

Yep, he was right.

"I take it you kept food for the animals in there?" he asked.

The yellow Pegasus nodded.

The Autobot technician whistled for his Chevrolet Volt. The miniature electric car came rushing in until it came to a stop in front of the young warrior. The vehicle then split open and parts from within reached out and latched onto the blue Unicorn's body; from there, the pieces of the Volt separated and twist and folded onto his form. As Jolt's armor finished transforming onto his body, a small cylinder extended into each hand; from which, a cable was fed out until they were each the length of his body. Within a second, the two whips began to arc with electricity.

"Come get some," he dared them.

One answered the call by dashing forward at a rabbit not too far from Jolt's right.

"Angel!"

The blue Autobot countered by lashing his whip, shattering the lumber lupine (the sounds dumb, doesn't it?) Another went for Jolt himself but the Technician quickly lashed his other whip around the wolf's neck before slamming it onto the ground, turning it into splinters. The remaining wolves remained still, unsure on what to make of this pony who had taken out two of their kin with ease.

Jolt then wanted to try a little intimidation trick. He began to walk towards them, spinning his whips around at his sides; sparks flying from them every time they struck the ground. When they didn't back off, he amped up the voltage and kept lashing them; this time crossing them in front of him. Jolt drove the point home when one went for an attack, only to be lashed, electrocuted and splintered. The remaining wolves retreated back into the forest.

The Autobot retracted his whips as the other animals came out of hiding. Jolt then entered the shed, sounds of shifting items could be heard outside. He then came out holding a jar.

"Is this the medicine you need?"

Fluttershy approached the still armored Autobot; she closely checked it when Jolt gave it to her.

"…Yes," she answered, a light blush on her cheeks and a shy smile on her lips.

---

Sideswipe, Mirage and Bumblebee were walking down Main Street of Ponyville, taking in the sights. With Prime and Jazz in Canterlot, Ironhide and Jolt helping Applejack and Fluttershy respectively and the other Autobots searching the Everfree forest for any other Cybertronian tech that followed them from Earth, these three were given the chance to learn more about their new surroundings. And, thanks to rarity, they now had clothes so they didn't need their armors as their only means of staying decent in public. Bumblebee's clothes comprised of a black t-shirt with a yellow hoodie and black jeans. Sideswipe's was a red vest over a long sleeved black shirt and red slacks. Mirage's clothes were much more formal than his two companions; a pair of white slacks and waist coat over a light blue dress shirt. The yellow scout was then suddenly shoved out of the way by a female-looking griffin.

"Watch where you're going, dweeb," she said rudely.

He was startled for a minute, but then the shock was replaced by anger not just from her actions but from his inability to yell at her.

Before any of the 'Bots could retort, she took off, leaving a very upset yellow scout.

"Hi, Guys!"

The three Autobots were then greeted of by the sight of Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Rainbow Dash. Rarity then approached Bee.

"Why Bumblebee, dear, what are you doing on the ground?" Rarity asked

"Some bird-faced idiota pushed him down and-a took off," Mirage explained as he helped his comrade to his feet.

"Oh, how dreadful. Are you all right?"

Bumblebee made a 'no problem' gesture, signifying that he was okay. The yellow scout was surprised when Pinkie suddenly glomped him.

"Poor Bumblebee, getting pushed around by some meanie mean-pants. Don't worry. Auntie Pinkie Pie knows just the thing for that," the pink Earth Pony said in a motherly tone.

Bee mentally scowled at that, seeing as how he, as well as all his Autobot compatriots, was several millennia old; at the least. But then again he couldn't really tell her that because one, Prime ordered that part and their alien heritage be kept classified. And two, even if it wasn't; a crushed voice box tends to make telling such things extremely difficult. Any further thought were put on hold when felt himself being almost dragged away by Pinkie.

"A party at Sugar Cube Corner will cheer you up!" she exclaimed with glee, disappearing into the town with the yellow, dumbfounded scout.

Rainbow Dash, Sideswipe, Rarity and Mirage remained where they stood; utterly speechless at Pinkie's actions.

"Is she normally like that?" asked Sideswipe to Rainbow, pointing his thumb in the direction Pinkie had went.

"Actually, that's her being mellow. I don't think you could handle her going all out," Dash said with a straight face.

"You're joking, right?" Swipe asked.

Rarity and R.D. remained quiet as they stared at the two Autobots.

"We should go after them; make sure Pinkie doesn't put him through anything he'll regret later," Dash suggested.

"It can't be that bad, can it?"

The two mares said nothing as they walked off towards Sugar Cube Corner.

"Can it?" Sideswipe asked again.

When he didn't get an answer again, he and Mirage quickly followed them all the way to the aforementioned bakery. Inside, Pinkie had already thrown up the decorations, treats and mugs of cider were set up along the counters and a bemused Bumblebee was seated down at a table with a part hat stuck to his head and a party horn shoved into his mouth. Needless to say, Sideswipe and Mirage found this very funny.

Sideswipe sat down next to the scout, his amused smile still firmly planted on his face.

"Having fun, kid?"

Not liking that 'kid' remark, Bumblebee willed his Camaro to stealthily move under Sideswipe's chair and surprised the CQC specialist by honking its horn rather loudly. After Sideswipe nearly jumped up to the ceiling and seeing the culprit behind the surprise, he glared back at the scout who now had the smug grin.

"Not cool, Bee. Not cool."

"I see you're still hanging around dweebs, Dash," a female voice called out.

All eyes turned to the source: a female-looking griffon clad in a leather jacket, jeans and a t-shirt with a lightning bolt in the center. The three Autobots recognized her as the individual who knocked over Bumblebee earlier.

"Gilda? What are you doing here?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"You know her?" asked Mirage.

"Gilda and I used to go to Flight Camp together. We became fast friends and stayed so until about two years ago."

"What happened?"

"I found out she was harassing ponies, not to mention stealing."

"Like I care what some lame-o ponies think," Gilda said, picking up a pie from the counter.

This put Bumblebee Sideswipe and Mirage on edge, having a feeling that things were going to get nasty.

"Lady, put down the pie," Sideswipe said while, unseen by everyone else, his corvette armor shifted into stealth force mode, ready for action.

"Well, why don't you have some!" she said as she slammed the confection into Sideswipe's face.

Mirage and Bee rushed forward to aid their comrade. The griffon quickly grabbed two mugs of cider and dumped them onto the two Autobots as she passed.

"Ha-hah-hah-ha-ha, what a bunch of losers," Gilda laughed as she walked out.

The three Autobots glared at the retreating form of the laughing griffon. Removing a piece of pastry from his snout, Sideswipe made a firm declaration; to which his wet compatriots agreed wholeheartedly…

"This means war."

---

A/N: The Autobots' clothes are based on their G1 colors if you're having trouble picturing them.