• Published 25th Jan 2022
  • 1,639 Views, 31 Comments

Phoenix Magic: Rainbow Rocks - Magic Kitsune Brony



It's time to rock. But a musical trio is coming to CHS. Can the Rainbooms defeat this new evil?

  • ...
3
 31
 1,639

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

As the girls landed under the stage, all the humans could think about was, ‘thank goodness for cushioning charms!’ While there were a few injuries, Sunset and Fluttershy were about to heal everyone quickly.

“Looks like they still have some control over the students,” Applejack commented.

“Thankfully, getting out of here will be easy,” Rainbow said as she headed over to the nearby door.

“Before we do,” Sunset said, pulling out a crystal that looked like the night sky. “Zuko gave me this. It’s a mood crystal and it absorbs emotions. It has a time delayed spell on it to release whatever emotion and magic in it.”

“I see,” Rarity looked closer at the crystal. “So, we fill it with our negative emotions and magic, and leave it here, so that when the sirens come on, it releases everything, giving them a small boost, making them think that we are still under here and they have won.”

“You got it,” Sunset placed the crystal in the middle of the group as the others sat around it. “And don’t worry, all you have to do is think of your frustrations and other negative thoughts. No need to say anything we might regret.”

They all nodded and started to think and release their negative emotions, a green mist flowing from them and into the crystal. Out of all the girls, Twilight had the thickest and solid mist coming from her. The others figured it would be the case, being a princess must come with its own set of frustrations.

Twilight was curious about why the girls didn’t have much of the green negative mist coming off them. After filling the crystal and placing it somewhere close to where the sirens will be later, she asked why the others didn’t have much negativity to give to the crystal.

“That would be because of our meditation classes with Zuko’s grandpa, Roku,” Fluttershy answered, looking through her music book, after they decided to sing one of her songs. “A clear mind helps with spellcasting and meditating really helps with getting that clear mind.”

“But I noticed Sunset has the least amount of mist coming from her,” Twilight pointed out. “Why is that? Is it just from the meditation?”

“While the meditation does help,” Sunset explained. “I do kung fu classes at least once a week and you’ll be amazed at how liberating it is to hit and punch a bunch of dummies.”

“Um, ok,” Twilight nodded nervously, not liking the idea of violence, but didn’t want to say anything.

“Come on girls!” Rainbow shouted, using her magic to open the under-stage door. “Let’s go and kick some siren butt!” The girls followed her out the door with their own cheer.

The girls managed to sneak around to where their changing rooms were, making sure the sirens didn’t see them, to keep them thinking the Rainbooms were still under the stage. As they were changing, Sunset and Fluttershy got texts with information from their respective boyfriends.

“Zuko says he managed to get Vinyl to set up her DJ system on the nearby hill for us, so we can project the song better,” Sunset said after reading her text.

“And Eren’s text is for you Twilight,” Fluttershy got the princess’ attention. “He says during the ‘battle’, don’t freak out when you see a streak of golden lightning behind the stage. It’s just him transforming.”

“Transforming?” Twilight was confused.

“Yeah,” Fluttershy nodded, as she put her shoes on. “They’re going to use his titan form to help catch the sirens after the show.”

Once dressed, the Rainbooms headed out and up the hill Zuko mentioned. Just as he had said, Vinyl was waiting for them, with her DJ system set up and she had also managed to get help bringing their instruments up to a spot overlooking the stage and audience.

They turned to watch Trixie finished her unscheduled performance. After Trixie had left the stage, a green mist started to move across the stage, as the Dazzlings started singing, as they walked on stage.

Dazzlings:

Ah-ha, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah

Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah

Ah-ha, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah

Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah

Adagio:

Welcome to the show

Sonata and Aria:

Ah-ah-ah-ah, ah

Adagio:

We’re here to let you know

Sonata and Aria:

Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah

Adagio:

Our time is now

Sonata and Aria:

Ah-ah-ah-ah, ah

Dazzlings:

Your time is running out

Sonata and Aria:

Ah, ah, ah

Dazzlings:

Ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah

Ah-ah-ha-ah-ah…”

Sunset turned to Vinyl, “Are you ready?” Vinyl nodded in answer. “Awesome!” They turned back to watch the Dazzlings continue singing and starting to send waves of magic down onto the audience, tightening their control.

Dazzlings:

Feel the wave of sound

As it crashes down

You can’t turn away

We’ll make you wanna sta-a-a-ay”

As the Dazzlings were lifted and encased in magic as they transformed, Twilight jumped a little when a bolt of golden lightning shot down behind the stage. She was about to freaked out when she remembered Fluttershy mentioning that it just meant that Eren had transformed into his titan form. She looked back down at the stage to see the sirens with pony ears and fin-like wings.

Dazzlings:

We will be adored

Tell us that you want us

We won’t be ignored

It’s time for our reward

Now you need us

Come and heed us

Nothing can stop us now”

The Rainbooms began to play, causing the Dazzlings to stop singing. The Dazzlings looked around until they spotted the Rainbooms on the nearby hill and glared up at them. Twilight then began singing.

Rainbooms:

Oh-oh, oh-whoa-oh

I’ve got the music in me

Oh-oh, oh-whoa-oh

Twilight:

Don’t need to hear a crowd

Cheering out my name

I didn’t come here seeking

Infamy or fame

Rainbooms:

The one and only thing

That I am here to bring

Is music, is the music

Is the music in my soul”

The Rainbooms all felt a surge of magic run through their bodies and smiled even more as they pony upped.

Rainbooms:

Gonna break out (Out!)

Set myself free, yeah

Let it all go (Go!)

Just let it be, yeah

Find the music in your heart

Let the music make you start

To set yourself apart!”

The Sirens scowled up at them, before Adagio smirked, “So, the Rainbooms want to turn this into a real Battle of the Bands? Then let’s battle!”

Dazzling:

What we have in store (ah-ah)

All we want and more (ah-ah)

We will break on through (ah-ah)

Now it’s time to finish you!”

The Rainbooms watched in horror as the Dazzlings summoned avatars of what looked like hybrids of horse and fish. As the Sirens’ avatars charged at the girls, they started powering up their powers. Once the sirens were close enough, the girls shot their magic at them. The most damage done was by Twilight’s stars and Sunset’s flames. Unfortunately, the Dazzlings managed to push them back with a strong vocal soundwave, amplified by there being three of them.

The soundwaves send the girls crushing to the ground, the only one still standing was Sunset. She looked around at her fallen friends and then looked down at the microphone that had been knocked out of Twilight’s hand, picking it up. She glared at the Dazzlings as she walked to the front of the band, her friends watching her as they stood back up and readied their instruments, she was not going to let these sirens harm her friends and family. She nodded to Pinkie and Vinyl to start the music again as Twilight stood next to her.

Sunset:

You’re never gonna bring me down

You’re never gonna break this part of me

My friends are here to bring me ‘round

Not singing just for popularity”

Sunset smiled at Twilight when she placed a hand on the bottom of the microphone as they sang together

Sunset and Twilight:

We’re here to let you know

That we won’t let it go

Rainbooms:

Our music is a bomb and it’s about to blow

Sunset and Twilight:

And you can try to fight

But we have got the light of

Rainbooms:

Friendship on our side!”

Sunset and Twilight touched their hands together as they and their friends started to glow again and sent a rainbow wave towards the sirens, pushing back their avatars and weakening their hold. Sunset started to glow more, and as she sang, she felt a weight on her head, which she ignored. She would see what the weight was after they defeated the Dazzlings.

Rainbooms:

Got the music in our hearts

We’re here to blow this thing apart

And together, we will never

Be afraid of the dark

Here to sing our song out loud

Get you dancing with the crowd

As the music of our friendship

Survives, survives!”

The Dazzlings’ spell was broken, giving everyone’s free will back. The audience, most having heard the Rainbooms practice this song in the music room a few times, started singing along. As they sang, the Rainbooms were lifted into the air, as their magic created a rainbow that shoot into the sky, making a swirling ball of magic.

Rainbooms and audience:

Got the music in our hearts

We’re here to blow this thing apart

And together, we will never

Be afraid of the dark

Here to sing our song out loud

Get you dancing with the crowd

As the music of our friendship

Survives, survives, survives!”

From the swirling ball of magic, came a giant golden alicorn avatar with a rainbow making up its mane. As the song came to an end, the alicorn reared up and came back down as it shot a beam of rainbow magic at the Dazzlings, destroying their avatars and shattering their red gems. Its job done, the alicorn disappeared and the Rainbooms floated down to near the stage as the Dazzlings tried to sing again, only to come out off-key.

The crowd started booing at them, causing them to run off the stage. Just as they got off the steps, they were suddenly surrounded by two giant hands! Their eyes followed the hands, up two arms that were attached to a 15-metre-tall naked humanoid giant. It’s glowing green eyes glared down at them, as a wisp of steam and a deep growl left its lipless mouth.

“Don’t move!” They jumped and looked to the gap between the hands, to see three men dress in black police gear and pointing those human gun things at them. Adagio stepped back a little when she found a sword covered with flames pointed at her neck, being held by the boy with a scar on his face that they had seen hanging around the Rainbooms, another sword in his other hand. He was the one who spoke. “Put your hands behind your heads, and don’t even think about doing anything else, the consequences will not be pretty.”

Not seeing any way out of it, the Dazzlings did as they were told. They were marched from out of the hands and over to where the Rainbooms stood next a man and woman.

“Good work men, Zuko, Eren,” the man said, nodding at the men, Zuko and behemoth behind them. “Sirens of Equestria, you are under arrest for mass mind control. Due to being from a different world, you’ll be place under the custody of the Portal Agency. For now, you’ll be taken to the holding cells at our facility.”

“As if your pathetic human cells could hold us,” Adagio smirked, getting some of her bravo back. “You have no magic.”

“Then how do you explain our friend Eren behind you?” Rainbow pointed out, “Or Zuko’s flaming swords?” The sirens nervously look back at the gigantic beast and scarred boy behind them.

“We humans may not have Equestrian magic,” Sunset stepped forward. “But humans have their own magic. If you had stopped to look, you would have noticed that.”

The Dazzlings were shocked into silence at the revelation, allowing the men in black behind them to lead them to the nearby van, placing them in the back. The sirens watched as the man and woman walked over to the stage as the van’s engine started up.

As the van pulled away, heading to HQ, Twilight and Spike was currently staring up in shock and awe at Eren’s titan form. They watched as the titan laid down on its front, and a jet of steam raised from the back of its neck, as Eren pulled himself from the nape. Once he was fully detached from the giant form, it started to rapidly deteriorate.

“That was awesome,” Spike commented, tail wagging as Eren walked over to them, straight red lines going down his cheeks from his eyes, leather straps on top of his clothes and some sort of metal attachments on his hips.

“Thanks,” Eren hugged Fluttershy, before looking over at Sunset. “Nice crown, Sunset”

“What?” Sunset raised a hand to her head, suddenly remembering the weight she had felt during the song. Sure enough, her fingers touched something that felt like metal. She took it off her head, and in her hands was indeed a crown. In the middle was a big gem in the shape of her cutie mark, made of ruby and amber topaz, with the arms of the crown shaped into golden phoenix wings.

“Oh my,” Rarity admired the crown in Sunset’s hands. “It’s gorgeous!”

“But” Sunset was having trouble finding words as she stared at the crown. “How?”

“It would seem that the Elements of Harmony decided you needed a crown to go with you Alicornhood,” Twilight said with a big smile on her face. “I can’t wait to tell Princess Celestia.”

“She’ll probably insist on setting up a coronation for you,” Spike added.

“C-Cor-Coronation?!” Sunset exclaimed, eyes widening in shock.

“Well, to be honest,” Twilight said nervously. “I think Celestia has already been sorting out things for a coronation for you. Of course, we thought it would be a few years before the mirror opened again, but now we can open it whenever we want, we can have it sooner.”

“But I don’t know the first thing about being a princess!” Sunset exclaimed, freaking out a little

“Sunset,” Zuko got her attention, placing a hand on her shoulder, smiling calmly at his girlfriend. “Remember, I used to be a prince back in my world. While I’m sure Equestria has a different society and it has been a while since I was a prince, I do remember some of the basics about being a royal I could tell you.”

“Thank you, Zuko,” Sunset kissed him on the cheek, before turning to Rarity. “Rarity, if I do have a coronation, I would like you to make my dress.”

“Me? Make a coronation dress for a princess?” Rarity got a dreamy look in her eyes. “I would be absolutely honoured, darling!”

“But Sunset,” Twilight spoke up. “Wouldn’t it be better to have the dress done by my Rarity? Because no offence to this Rarity, but she doesn’t have experience in making dresses for ponies.

“But I was born human,” Sunset was confused. “So, wouldn’t that make me the first alicorn princess that was not born a pony? Don’t the ponies of Equestria have the right to know that? And wouldn’t it be more appropriate to show that by being crowned as a human?”

“But once you cross through the mirror, you’ll be a pony,” Twilight pointed out.

“So?” Sunset raised an eyebrow at her. “There is such thing as magic over there. There’s bound to be a spell to change one’s shape, or in this case, species somewhere.”

“I guess,” Twilight was not sure how to respond to that.

“Besides,” Applejack spoke up. “It’ll probably be at least a few months before everything is ready.”

“Anyway, that’s a conversation for another day, we should probably go and check on everyone,” Sunset said, the Rainbooms, Eren and Zuko nodding in agreement.

They walked to the front of the stage where Celestia and Luna were standing talking to Tirek and Chrysalis. Before they could walk up the stairs to the stage, their way was blocked by Trixie.

“Trixie wants to say,” Trixie said, head bowed. “That Trixie is… No, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to drop you under the stage like that. I know that it could’ve cause some serious injuries.”

“Trixie,” Sunset got the girl’s attention. “It’s okay, there were cushioning charms under stage and you were under the sirens’ control at the time.”

“Still,” Trixie said. “Trixie thought she was doing better and doing good. Trying to push down her ego.”

“You are doing better, Trixie,” Pinkie bounced over to hug her. “Like Sunny said, it was the sirens.” Pinkie got a thoughtful look on her face for a few second before a large grin form on her face. “But if it puts a smile back on your face, just think of all those kids at the children ward at the hospital and how you sometimes help Sunset and I with putting smiles on their face.”

“And you are doing better when it comes to your ego,” Sunset assured her. “You’ve learnt when it’s appropriate to show off and when not. Besides, you’re allowed to have a little ego. You wouldn’t be ‘The Great and Powerful Trixie’ without a little ego.”

“That is true,” Trixie nodded, after thinking about it for a few seconds. Twilight was amazed at how less arrogant and slightly humble this Trixie was.

Sunset noticed that Trixie was still feeling guilty. “If it makes you feel better, we forgive you,” Sunset smiled, gesturing to her friends, who were nodding in agreement.

“Thank you,” Trixie smiled before moving over to where her friends were standing, allowing Eren, Zuko and the Rainbooms to walk up the stairs to the stage.

“Mum!” Sunset shouted as she ran over to Celestia.

“Sunset, sweetie,” Celestia smiled as she hugged her daughter, noticing the crown, but not saying anything about it. She turned to the rest of the group.

“Eren and Zuko, thank you for helping the girls with everything.”

“No problem, Principal Celestia,” Zuko smiled, Eren nodding behind him, as Tirek and Chrysalis smiled proudly at the boys.

“Now, I think it’s time we all headed home and rest after a tiring week,” Celestia suggested, seeing the tired looks in everyone’s faces. Everyone agreed, they all got in cars as the boys headed to Eren’s place, while the girls headed to Sunset’s, for a good sleep.

Comments ( 4 )

I am so happy to see a new chapter on this story, was well worth the wait!

Whoa mama. This was another excellent job on the chapter. The dialogue, characterizations and epilogue/future adventure set-up are all excellently done. Definitely liked how well the Rainbooms did on the escape and counterattack - particularly Sunset's ascension. The Dazzlings' reactions to their arrest and to the fact that the human world has its own forms of magic (the latter information courtesy of two of the arresting officers), as well as the discussion of the plans for Sunset's coronation were beautiful stuff too.

This took over a year but was quite well worth the wait.

REALLY looking forward to the epilogue particularly Sunset's coronation and the teaser for Twilight's human world counterpart. as well as this universe's version of "Friendship Games" Yeah, seeing what sort of magic and bending the human world's Twilight ends up learning should be great. and "Legend of Everfree" it should be interesting how the combination of the magic they have already learned how to do PLUS the canon geode magic end up enhancing each other.

Now that was a chapter I enjoyed.

Also,welcome back. It's been a while since you posted a chapter.

When I saw the tracking alert, I thought it was a different story, but when yours popped up I was surprised, cause it's been a while since I've read your story.

AN UPDATE!? ME NO DREAMING!? *pinches herself* YUP ME NO DREAMING! YESSSS!🎉 *proceeds to read it* Worth all the wait😎

Login or register to comment