• Published 29th Nov 2022
  • 495 Views, 34 Comments

Veggie VBS - freecozyglow



On the eve of Twilight Sparkle's coronation to become ruler of Equestria, the Mane Six hop into a portal and find themselves meeting with Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber in the world of Big Idea.

  • ...
22
 34
 495

Chapter.7: A Ballad About Bovines

ADA told the Mane Six and Spike about their next segment. "You will now enjoy a song by Larry in a fun break. This song is for entertainment purposes only and is not relevant to the lesson of this video."

"Oh, sort of like recess," said Twilight Sparkle.

Then the location faded into a giant title white title card with squiggly lines and music notes with Larry arched back singing in front of a music stand. A British narrator's voice was heard. "And now it's time for Silly Songs with Larry, the part of the show where Larry comes out and sings a silly song. So without further ado, Silly Songs with Larry."

The title card disappeared, and the Mane Six and Spike found themselves back on the countertop. But this time, the countertop was decorated with a small, simple painted background of a desert sunset and a medium-sized cactus in a clay pot.

"Huh, why are we back here?" asked Rainbow Dash.

Larry then hopped in front of the background with a giant ten-gallon Stetson hat that was too big for his head that it covered his eyes, "because Rainbow Dash, we didn't have the budget to film the Silly Song on location."

"Ha, nice hat," Applejack playfully commented, "we could have the same taste in headwear. Are ya going to sing a country song? That's my favorite genre."

"Hmm, I guess you could say that," said Larry.

"Just be careful while walking in that hat that is hiding your eyes," said Fluttershy, "I wouldn't want you to bump into that cactus accidentally."

"Don't worry," said Larry, "the hat's fabric is see-through."

"So, what tune do you have planned to perform for us today?" asked Spike.

"This song randomly came to mind while filing my tax returns. Bob was hesitant to allow me to include it in the video. But he finally allowed it when he realized how much it could set us apart from other children's Christian media."

"Yeah, because I don't see what this segment has to do with Christianity," said Rarity.

"Like Twilight said, it is basically like recess. And in this case, recess from your Bible studies." said Larry, "you're all more than welcome to dance and sing-a-long with me."

"Ooh, I better get dressed up," said Pinkie Pie, who zoomed away and came back wearing her saloon girl outfit she performed with to settle the conflict between the ponies and bison of Applaloosa.

Larry's eyes widened over Pinkie Pie's attractive costume, and he even wolf-whistled, "You look very pretty, Pinkie Pie."

"Thank you, Larry," Pinkie Pie said.

"Alright, it is time for The Water Buffalo Song," said Larry.

(Pause at 0:38)

The song, however, was interrupted by Archibald, who ran up to confront Larry face-to-face. "Stop it! Stop! Stop right this instant! What do you think you're doing? You can't say everyone's got a water buffalo when everyone does not have a water buffalo! We're going to get nasty letters saying, 'Where's my water buffalo? Why don't I have a water buffalo?' And are you prepared to deal with that? I don't think so. Just stop being so silly!" Archibald later hopped away in a huff as Larry looked to his side, confused.

"Sheesh," said Spike, "who thought taking everything so literally could turn you into a total grouch."

"I believe that is the type of stodgy character that Archibald was referring to when it came to acting," said Rarity. "I'm glad I met Archibald beforehand, or I would've thought he was an absolute twit."

The title card later appeared as the narrator resumed speaking. "This has been Silly Songs with Larry. Tune in next time to hear Larry sing..."

(Play 0:38-1:15)

Archibald, however, cut him off again by running and tackling him to the ground, wailing.

This made Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Spike burst out laughing.

"I hope they are not teaching kids that is how to handle your disagreements," said Fluttershy.

"Ha, it's okay, Fluttershy, " said Twilight, "it's only slapstick humor."

Then, the title card faded away as the second story was about to begin.