• Published 19th Dec 2021
  • 491 Views, 11 Comments

Equestria Crisis (A Marvel/DC/MLP Crossover) - Nic Nerdy



The ponies get a visit from the Teen Titans comprised of Marvel and DC heroes.

  • ...
2
 11
 491

A Canterlot Attack

CANTERLOT

The painted purple-and-pink sunrise of the early morning soon turned into the cool, blue sky over high mountains. Anypony flying or walking who were traveling along the mountains could not miss the magnificent series of structures built on platforms stuck into the mountain. Nopony could argue that the beauty of the white, purple, and golden buildings of Canterlot was not a sight to behold. Whether ponies were arriving on the train, Pegasus ponies flying with their feathered wings, or on hoof, they would pass through the archway entrance which had miniature states of the royal sisters, Celestia and Luna. If one pony asked what was so special about the capital city of Equestria, it would be answered with how much splendor was presented to those who lived in it and to the tourists who were visiting.

If one went past the glamorous shops, restaurants, and several other locations, ponies would identify the Canterlot Castle where Celestia and Luna lived and ruled from. It was at the main courtyard outside of the castle where a majority of ponies were, ponies of the three different races, colors, and genders that were working hard in preparation. These ponies worked for the Friendship Festival which the Princess of Friendship, Twilight Sparkle, had planned some time ago. As the alicorn princess had stated in her announcement, this festival was meant for ponies to embrace what she learned since being sent to Ponyville by Celestia: friendship.

At the courtyard, five ponies were working around an amphitheater used for stage performances. Consisting of two Pegasi, two Earth ponies, and a unicorn, ponies from across Equestria would recognize any of them. Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Rarity were the friends of Twilight Sparkle, having helped the Princess of Friendship in saving the land on multiple occasions. All five ponies worked on pieces of the stage as Rarity carefully placed ribbons with jewels attached to the side of the walkway, Fluttershy used her special talent to talk to animals and had several birds practice their singing, and Rainbow Dash was high above to clear away any clouds in order to ensure that not a single drop of rain fell to the stage. Off of the stage, Applejack was pulling a wagon carrying a barrel of her family's apple cider, and Pinkie Pie was blowing up balloons of multiple colors to brighten up the festival even further, an example of her skill as a party-planner.

Making their way through the doors of the castle leading to the outside were Princess Twilight Sparkle and her loyal dragon assistant, Spike. With her horn, Twilight Sparkle used her magic to levitate a quill and the scroll that was made to be checked off. On the scroll was a list of things to prepare for and finish in time for the event.

"Okay, just two hundred and eighteen things left to do and we're ready." Twilight Sparkle stated as she used the quill to check things off. With the scroll in front of her face, the only thing ponies could see was the golden crown with purple gems on the top of her head.

"Hey, Twilight!" The friends of Twilight shouted when the Princess of Friendship approached them.

Once Twilight levitated the scroll away from her face, she looked at her best friends.

"How'd it go with the Princesses? They like the idea you have?" Applejack, the hardworking farmer, asked with her country accent. Near her, Rarity was placing diamonds on the ribbons.

Twilight Sparkle sighed in disappointment. "Not exactly. They think I can make today perfect without their magic."

"Perhaps they are right, darling." Rarity shared her response as she finished a couple of ribbons.

"Yeah," Rainbow Dash stated as she flew close to Twilight Sparkle. "Besides, this whole festival is your idea and if life has proven anything, we know you are up to the challenge."

"Rainbow Dash is right," Fluttershy floated down the stage with her wings, joining next to Rainbow Dash. "Remember when you helped organize Winter Wrap Up so that Spring could be on time?"

"Totally," Pinkie Pie bounced off of the stage to be near her friend. "It worked then and it will totally will now!"

"Sugarcube, you got this, trust us." Applejack smiled at Twilight Sparkle as she wrapped her right hoof around the alicorn princess.

Smiling, Twilight Sparkle was glad to have such supportive friends who she could rely on. "Thanks, girls." Twilight Sparkle stated before taking a look at the stage that her friends had built. "The stage looks amazing! Songbird Serenade will love to perform on the stage when it looks like this."

"I'm happy to hear that our work is splendid." Rarity sounded happy as the hard work was paying off.

"Rainbow Dash. Pinkie Pie." Twilight Sparkle turned to her blue and pink friends. "I want both of you to run down to where the food is being produced and see how it is coming along." She asked her friends as any leader should.

"You got it, Twilight!" Pinkie Pie responded happily to her friend before she began bouncing away.

"On it!" Rainbow Dash gave a salute before flying away to do what she was told.


Whether it was through bouncing around like Pinkie Pie or flying like Rainbow Dash, the two ponies made their way through town. Everywhere they flew past, ponies were getting things ready for the coming event. There were ponies unboxing shipments of supplies, ponies putting booths together, and those who were setting up games. At a certain point, the two ponies split up to check on their respective groups assigned to certain tasks.

Flying high into the sky, Rainbow Dash flew close enough to the Pegasi. What she found were the winged ponies pushing away any storm clouds that would release rain on the city if the weather team did not keep the clouds in check. Some of the ponies who made sure to clear the sky were members of the Wonderbolts, Pegasus ponies who were aerial acrobats and performed demonstrations for the enjoyment of ponies across Equestria. For a long while, Rainbow Dash had been a member as a result of her incredible talent and being the only one to perform a Sonic Rainboom.

Getting close to the Pegasi, Rainbow Dash was right next to Spitfire, captain of the Wonderbolts. "How are we doing over here, Spitfire?"

"The clouds are almost cleared, Rainbow Dash," Spitfire stated as she wore her Wonderbolt uniform. "I and the others are hoping that Princess Twilight loves the work we are doing." She said before looking at another Wonderbolt. "You're doing good, Newbie!"

"That's awesome." Rainbow Dash said as she watched the Pegasus ponies do their job. "Keep it up, everypony!"

Meanwhile, Pinkie Pie was bouncing around like her hooves made of springs. Everywhere she looked, she saw bakers who had made it early to Canterlot do their tasks as they made treats for everypony. Cakes, cupcakes, pies, and various other pastries were baked in portable ovens as Pinkie Pie went past.

Pinkie Pie bounced through the city until something hit against her, causing the party pony to fall on her back. Unlike many, Pinkie Pie laughed when she hit the ground. While laughing, she looked up to see what she bumped into. What she saw seemed to be a tall mare with a green unicorn horn and wearing a dark cloak. Under the darkness of the cloak, Pinkie Pie saw green eyes.

"Sorry about that." Pinkie Pie said through the laughter while she was still on the ground.

Looking to the right, Pinkie Pie noticed an Earth pony right next to the unicorn. This Earth pony was a stallion just as tall as Rockhoof with grey fur, not a mane on his head, blue eyes, a black goatee on his muzzle, and a cutie mark which consisted of an ax matching he held close like a walking stick. Said-axe was a black handle holding a twin blade with shark tips on both ends.

"Oh, it is no problem, dearie." The unicorn accepted the apology as she stood over Pinkie Pie. "We were just on our way and not looking either."

That was Pinkie Pie gasped. "Oh my gosh, new ponies I haven't seen before!" She immediately jumped back on her hooves and looked right at the new ponies. "I know just about everyone here, but not the two of you! So, I have to welcome you since you are not from around here, aren't you?" Pinkie Pie spoke rapidly to the two ponies, even moving her hooves rapidly to shake the hooves of those in front of her.

"Yes," The unicorn mare stated smoothly to Pinkie Pie, talking underneath the hood of the cloak. "We are from a... another city. Yes, that is it, my dear."

"Oh, where," Pinkie Pie excitedly asked the green unicorn. "Manehattan, the Crystal Empire, Fillydelphia, Baltimare..."

Pinkie Pie could have said more if it was not for the ax hitting her in the muzzle. It did not cut anything, but it still hit Pinkie Pie hard enough to send her into a massive strawberry cake with pink frosting. With the two ponies, the green unicorn looked over to the grey stallion.

"Skurge, why did you do that?" The green unicorn asked the stallion who carried the ax in his mouth.

"Hey," Rainbow Dash said high above the ground. Getting to the ground, Rainbow Dash went to help Pinkie Pie up from the cake. "Pinkie Pie, are you alright?"

"His ax hurt me more than my balloon one." Pinkie Pie groaned as she was covered in frosting. Then shaking like a dog after getting wet, Pinkie Pie shook the frosting off.

"Guess I should shed my disguise then." The green unicorn said to herself and her stallion friend.

Taking off the cloak that the mysterious pony had worn, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and the other ponies were shocked at what they were seeing. What stood was an alicorn mare with green fur, green Pegasus wings, a pair of green eyes, a green unicorn horn, and a matching set of luxurious blonde mane and tail. What this towering Alicorn wore was a green armored chest piece, a tasseled skirt, a pair of black shoes on her back hooves which had three interconnected circles on both of them, what looked like green stockings on her front hooves, and a green headdress with three crown tips.

"Another Alicorn?" Rainbow Dash asked in amazement at what she was seeing.

"How is that possible?" A baker stallion asked as he looked among everypony else.

"As I have said, I am not from here," The Alicorn stated to the ponies around her and the stallion. "Nor is my Executioner."

Rainbow Dash was quick to respond to that last word. "Pinkie Pie, set off your distress cannon!" She ordered one of her best friends and turned around to see her doing so.

Having pulled a cannon on two wheels about the same size as the Party Cannon, Pinkie Pie pulled the string. With the functions of the cannon being put into use, a red light came out of the hole and fired into the sky. Then from a purple orb of teleportation, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy had appeared alongside Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. The sight of the six ponies renowned for saving Equestria multiple times made the Alicorn smirk like she found what she was looking for.

"Twilight, it's another Alicorn, and the stallion with her hit Pinkie!" Rainbow Dash reported to the Princess of Friendship.

"Another one?" Rarity asked with confusion as she looked at the new ponies. "But how is that possible?"

Twilight Sparkle looked over to the green Alicorn. "Who are you? What are you doing?"

"Princess Twilight Sparkle, we meet at last." The green Alicorn smirked as she stared at the six ponies who would easily outnumber her and the stallion. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Amora, but you call me the Enchantress if you prefer." The mare stated as she pointed her left hoof toward the muscular stallion. "This is Skurge, my executioner."

"What do you want?" Twilight Sparkle demanded Amora.

"An audience with this world's heroes," Amora smirked as her horn was covered by a green glow.

From that glowing horn came an energy blast aimed right at the six heroes of Equestria. But Twilight Sparkle was renowned for her magical skills for a reason as she conjured a purple forcefield with her own horn. With the forcefield, Twilight Sparkle was able to protect herself and her friends.

That was not a problem for Skurge as his ax's grey blade turned to red as he held the handle with his mouth. After running toward the forcefield, Skurge's ax hit the barrier made of magical energy and watched as it shattered into nothingness. With no time to even react from the shattering, Twilight Sparkle was unprepared for Amora flying right at herself with the wings that the other alicorn possessed, and taken away into the sky. Left alone with Skurge, three of the remaining five assumed battle positions.

"I'm guessing we need to take that ax from him," Applejack pointed to her friends but was kept from talking any further when Skurge smacked her with his ax.

That was when Rarity came to Applejack's defense and kicked Skurge in the muzzle with her back hooves. "Take that, you cur!" She yelled before firing her own blue beam from her horn at the tall stallion.

The beam was enough to push Skurge away, but not enough to send him flying. Raising his ax, Skurge would have chopped off Rarity's head if it was not for Rainbow Dash pushing the ax with her hooves while floating up with her wings. Flying around in multiple directions, Rainbow Dash built up momentum in order to make her hits have more push. With everyone hit that Skurge was getting, Applejack was ready with her lasso and throw the circled end toward the blade of the ax, hoping to pull it away from Skurge. That backfired as Skurge rapidly raised his ax up and sent Applejack flying, sending her right into Rainbow Dash as the Pegasus was trying to fly at Skurge's back.

Twilight Sparkle was not having an easy time with Amora either as both Alicorns battled high in the sky. Firing purple energy blasts from her horn, Twilight Sparkle aimed all of them at Amora, who managed to either dodge or shield herself with a conjured shield of magic. Shots that were aimed for Twilight Sparkle were missed ones as the Princess of Friendship used her magic to teleport around. With Amora looking forward, she was caught unaware as an energy beam hit her from above and she was sent flying into a store.

Flying down to the hole on the roof of the store which was the donut store belonging to Donut Joe. That was when Twilight Sparkle was blasted from the roof and sent flying to the sidewalk of the city. Twilight Sparkle would have died if she did not save herself with her wings, slowing herself down, and gently placing her hooves on the ground. After landing, the Princess of Friendship saw that the green Alicorn had appeared right in front of her.

"I'll have to congratulate you on catching me off-guard, Princess," Amora stated as she stood in front of Twilight Sparkle. "I will not give you another chance."

"Then I'll just have to do my best," Twilight Sparkle responded to Amora as her own horn glowed.

"Challenge accepted," Amora grinned evilly as her horn glowed as green as her body and eyes.

With her own magical strength, Twilight Sparkle was able to conjure a shield to block Amora's energy blast. Then when Amora started firing a beam of destructive energy, Twilight Sparkle's shield was broken and the Princess of Friendship was sent flying into a crate that exploded upon impact. Then using her magic once more, Twilight Sparkle tossed the apples that came out of the crate at her opponent. That did not work as Amora vanished into the green mist, then appeared in multiple spots in front of Twilight Sparkle, an illusion spell based on Twilight Sparkle's guess. While trying to decide which pony to fire at, Twilight Sparkle realized that she could not move, and saw a green aura surrounding her whole body.

"Rather indecisive, are you," Amora asked as her horn glowed to maintain the concentration on Twilight Sparkle. "At least I now know some of what you can do."

Then was when screams were heard, screams that Twilight Sparkle recognized as belonging to her friends.

"Sounds like your friends need some help, Princess," Amora said before laughing at Twilight Sparkle's expense.

Then with a hum, a tear in the fabric of reality opened up behind Amora. In it was Skurge as he held his ax, waiting for his mistress to walk through. Amora then walked toward the rectangular doorway to be with her Executioner. Once both ponies were inside, the tear closed and vanished from view. With Amora vanishing, so did the aura around Twilight Sparkle as the Alicorn princess could move her body and took off with her wings.

Responding quickly, Twilight Sparkle flew to where her friends were with incredible speed. What she found when she reached the area was something that horrified her, her five friends frozen with shock evident on their faces. But also, there was the destruction of the area around them as buildings had holes broken in, windows were shattered, and carts were flipped over.

"Girls!" Twilight Sparkle screamed in terror at what she was seeing before her, seeing the block of ice surrounding them.

Then right next to Twilight Sparkle were sights of hope, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Princess Cadence. On the back of Princess Cadence was Spike, who held on as the three royals flew down from the sky.

"Twilight, what happened here?" Spike asked with speed evident in his tone as he jumped from Princess Cadence's back. That was when he spotted his friends in the block of ice. "Rarity!"

Huffing and holding in his breath, Spike then let go and green fire emerged from his mouth. With every strike of heat against the frozen water, the ice melted away with every burn. After seconds of Spike blowing his fire breath, Twilight Sparkle and the princesses were filled with joy to see that the five ponies were unfrozen, but still shivering.

"Girls," Twilight Sparkle smiled with joy as she ran over to try and hug all of them. "You're okay!"

"Y... yeah," Applejack shivered from being frozen only seconds ago.

"B... b... but so cold!" Fluttershy shivered as she could barely stand without tripping.

Nearby, Princess Celestia's horn glowed with a yellow aura as a wave emerged from the magic belonging to the Princess of the Sun. "This will warm all of you." She said as she could hear the comfort of her student's friends.

"Twilight, what exactly happened here?" Princess Cadence, Princess of Love and Ruler of the Crystal Empire, asked her sister-in-law. "The guards told us that there was a fight that all of you were in."

"I know it might sound crazy, but another Alicorn attacked us." Twilight Sparkle gave Cadence a quick response.

Princess Luna was the first to vocally express her shock. "Another Alicorn, impossible! There shouldn't be any more than the four of us and Flurry Heart."

"Princesses, you have to trust me and my friends on what we saw." Twilight Sparkle pleaded with her fellow royals.

With her increasing warmth and a hug from Spike, Rarity could speak without shivering. "She is right. There was this stallion as well. He had some sort of ax which glowed different colors and did different things."

"That is how we got turned into ponysicles." Pinkie Pie joked as she still felt the urge to lighten the mood. "He stabbed his ax into the ground and the ice came right at us."

"The Alicorn's magic felt different too like it wasn't Equestrian magic," Twilight Sparkle then had her turn to speak. "She felt more powerful than me like I was just an inconvenience to her than a major obstacle. The alicorn even said that her name is Amora and that the stallion is named Skurge, even referred to as an Executioner."

"Those are names we have never heard of before," Princess Celestia thought about Twilight Sparkle's encounter with the two attackers. "But with the damage around us, they seem to be terrible threats."

Then the ground shook and the ponies with it, some struggling to stand on their hooves. Looking toward the mountain walling the eastern part of the city, what looked like a red energy beam fired at the sky. Luckily, no Pegasi were in the path of the beam.

"What the hay was that?" Rainbow Dash any of the ponies surrounding her as she eyed the beam.

"It came from the mountains," Princess Celestia pointed out to her subjects as her horn began to stop warming ponies up. "We must go and find what it is."


THE CAVES CLOSE TO CANTERLOT

Close to the capital city of Equestria, there were the mountains surrounding it. Only some ponies explored them to mine in any caves that could be found and sell any findings. On the ground close to a waterfall, an orb of golden light had appeared and seconds later, the three Princesses, the six ponies who represented the Elements of Harmony, and Spike the Dragon. On the ground they stood, the 9 ponies and the dragon looked at the waterfall.

When the new arrivals were close to the waterfall, screams were heard, and everypony was running into the cave with Princess Celestia conjuring a construct of an umbrella. What all of them found was a confusing sight, two Earth pony stallions, and four mares getting up in front of a crystalline wall. With the arrival of the nine just entering the cave, the 6 other ponies looked at Twilight Sparkle, her friends, the dragon assistant, and the three other princesses.

The first stallion was a red one with a black mane matching his tail, black gloves with spikes on his front hooves, a yellow utility belt, a black cape with tips at the bottom end, and a domino mask around his blue eyes. The cutie mark he had was a yellow uppercase "R" in a black circle.

The second stallion wore an outfit that covered his entire body, but his shape determined his gender. The full-body outfit was blue and red with a web pattern, and black spiders on his chest, and they were even his cutie mark. The only natural thing that anypony could see was his curly brown tail.

The first mare was a slight red Unicorn with a matching curly brown mane and tail, a red shirt with black edges in the center, a dark red cape, a pendant shaped like an "M" holding the cape close to the mare, and a red wimble over the mare's head. Her cutie mark was a match to the crown on her head.

The second mare was a blue Earth pony with brown hair and eyes wearing a light blue shirt with a yellow lightning bolt on her chest that matched her cutie mark. This pony even wore a blue domino mask, a red scarf around her neck, and a golden bracelet around her right front hoof.

The mare next to her was a Pegasus who had a blonde coat, mane, and tail. Staring with her blue eyes, she wore a blue shirt with a red "S" inside of an upside-down triangle, and the same symbol as her cutie mark. The only other thing she wore was a red cape that was attached through holes her wings went through.

The last mare was a grey one wearing a black shirt with a bat symbol on it, black gloves with spikes on her hooves, a cape with tips at the bottom end, and a cowl with bat ears covering her face. Her cutie mark was the exact same bat on her chest.

Hearing the ponies that entered the cave, the screams were stopped as they looked at those who had just entered.

The one with the crown on her head looked on. "Uh, Robin, these ponies are looking at us."

"Yeah, I can see that." The one called Robin stated to the mare as he stepped forward.

The blue mare then put on a brave face. "Hi, have either of you ponies seen a woman in green gloves and a big guy carrying a battleaxe?"

"What a coincidence," Pinkie Pie spoke up in her own usual way. "We just fought a green Alicorn wearing green clothes, and there was a stallion with a battle ax."

"What's an Alicorn?" The blonde mare turned her head to the right and asked the pony in the bat costume.

"Never mind that, we got a bigger problem on our hands," Robin said to the pony who asked the question.

"Hands," Twilight Sparkle repeated one word she heard in that sentence. That was when she had a realization. "Excuse me, did you just so happen to mention 'hands'?"

"Yeah?" Robin asked Twilight Sparkle as he was in front of her. "Look, here is the thing. I'm Robin, the others are Scarlet Witch, Spider-Man, Supergirl, Ms. Marvel, and Batgirl," He pointed out the ponies with him as he named them. "We are from another universe, we normally aren't ponies, and we are here to stop some bad guys from taking over your world."