• Published 11th Sep 2012
  • 1,215 Views, 15 Comments

The Carousel Boutique Expansion Project - A Fistful of Apples



Rarity has decided to tackle her problem with obsessive compulsiveness while working on her boutique

  • ...
10
 15
 1,215

Epilogue

My original purpose in acquiring a log of what happened was just to be very thorough. I wanted to make sure I wouldn't miss anything. If I was caught, I wouldn't be able to continue making fabulous dresses! So I spent a lot of energy going over what was written by Twilight and Spike, making sure that when the time came, nopony would figure out what happened.

I also had to keep everything in mind as I hid two more bodies. It wasn't an unexpected choice, Spike and Twilight were put in the walls of my basement as well. A few days later and the basement was finished, and still nopony had come to ask where Twilight, Spike, or Sweetie was. I knew it was only a matter of time. Of course, everything was settled, so when it did happen, I wouldn't be caught.

And I wasn't. The very next day after the basement was completed, Applejack came by, asking if I had seen Twilight or Spike recently. Apparently you had all noticed she was missing, and so were getting together to go find her. I put on my best pained look, and told Applejack about Sweetie going missing, and asking Twilight and Spike for help. Many lies later, and Applejack was under the impression that Twilight and Spike had simply gone missing as well.

I helped my friends search in vain. Celestia found out her student was missing, and sent guards, and eventually, visited herself, in hopes of finding her student. She never did of course.

While this was happening, what Twilight said about my failure to fix my own problems were echoing through my mind. She was correct. I wasn't getting anywhere. So I reverted back to my old self. I started caring again. I wasn't well, and it had to be done or who knows what else I might end up doing? In the end, nopony was left who noticed any change in me. And even though I wasn't stressed anymore, and the severity of what I had done had time to sink in...I still didn't care. I still don't. I feel that I did what was required at the time.

Which is why I have written down the events prior to Twilight's journal entry, to the best of my recollection. It's been decades, it's possible my memory is fuzzy, but here they are. I am old, Rainbow Dash, and I know I'm going to die soon. Everything Twilight, Spike, and myself have written will be sent to you after my death because, of my two friends who are still alive, and likely be after I am gone, I feel you are the one most qualified to pass judgment on me.

You are the element of Loyalty. Applejack would just tell everyone what happened by default, because it was the truth. Plus, she and I always had a tense relationship. You however, have a more nuanced opinion, being Loyal to all of us, to me, and my victims.

So what will it be, Rainbow Dash? Should the truth be known? Will my name be remembered as one of the most horrible villains in Equestria? Or will you take this secret to the grave with you? It's too bad I won't be there to find out.

Comments ( 10 )

Why is there a dark tag?

1258237 Well that's a shame. Murder for the sake of murder isn't really my thing. Here I was hoping for something cute, silly, and a tad sol perhaps.

I just realized, after having read this before it was put in this site that spike could've saved himself easy with his letter sending fire. Still a good story though.

1258966

Yes, this was brought up several times, and the counterargument is that the fire spell arguably doesn't work on notebooks. Plus there's the internal dialogue of a Spike who's not thinking quite rationally that even if he did send a message Celestia could not save him in time.

1258978

Fire only working on specific paper is a nice idea

1258452 Me to oh well maybe the next one.

Good to see this on here

Hmm.......... I will pass negative judgment first. I didn't like this story, I didn't hate it though. I just wasn't enthused by the story it self.

Now the good stuff. I think this was a well thought in using OCD as a catalyst for Ms. Rarity to snap and Sweetie Bell's antics to send her over the edge.

All in all it was a good story (even though it didn't tickle me personally) with only a few spelling errors. I look forward to checking out more of your work

Keep at it!

:duck::unsuresweetie::moustache::twilightoops:

:pinkiehappy:

All in all, I found this one to be an outstanding story. In my opinion, you have captured the characters perfectly, and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. If this is typical of your writing, then I know that I will thoroughly enjoy the other stories that you have given to us.

Thank you for this excellent story.

:moustache:x10 out of :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

Login or register to comment