• Published 11th Sep 2012
  • 1,119 Views, 34 Comments

Corruption and Chaos - Peridork



The past catches up to the Elements of Harmony and their children.

  • ...
0
 34
 1,119

Discordance

Once the news of Fluttershy’s disappearance reached the captain of the Wonderbolts everything happened. A royal guard told her the news.

“You tell me that my wife just disappeared? Your superiors told me that she would be perfectly safe!” The cyan mare fumed. She paced backstage, the show was going to be in ten minutes.

“Cloudkicker, Thunderlane tell Scoots that I will not be coming to her personal show today,” Rainbow Dash grinned. “But, I will be coming to her birthday celebration later.” Rainbow finished giving her orders and shot off into the air.

The two Wonderbolts just stared at each other.

“You want to tell our newest Princess the news?”

“Nope, you know how she reacts when our captain rushes off in a hurry.” Thunderlane shivered in remembrance of Rainbow Dash’s first and now immortal fan.


In Canterlot

Headmaster Twilight Sparkle heard the news while teaching about the history of Equestria.

“Now class, this was where the Thirteen Lords of Tartarus tried to escape using a thing called the Elements of Discord, which have been lost to time, and..”

Her Bloom Industries magiculus began to ring.

“Yes...this is she...what!...” Twilight looked worriedly at her class.

“Sorry everypony I have something that has come up...until it is solved, my assistant will be the teacher of my classes. Spike!”

Spike, now much closer to fully grown, appeared from Twilight’s office. “Again, Twilight? This is the fourth time this month.” Spike joked with the purple mare.

“Now, Spike you know that I only do this when I have a good reason.”

“I know, just remember to get Pinkie Pie as well. She always comes with you on Element business.”

“Off to Ponyville then!” Twilight disappeared in a flash of light.


Ten Minutes Earlier

Pinkie Pie had just finished a large order of cupcakes for a Canterlot party and sat down to rest. Everypony always had thought she had infinite stores of energy. Actually it was not true, she had always needed a break from partying and baking. It was easier now to take breaks because of her business help.

And that was when she got a doozy.

“Ear flop, spine crack, tail twitch...oh my gosh, Twilight’s going to be here in ten minutes with big news! I better pack my things. Pound Cake, Pumpkin Cake I am going to go on an adventure! I leave the shop in your care.” Pinkie Pie raced up the stairs to where her things were stored.

“You think we should see what that was about?” Pound Cake asked his sister.

“Don’t you remember all the times that we had to go get psychological testing because of her? I think we will be better off leaving her be.” Pumpkin Cake groaned.


Ponyville

Rarity was worried about Fluttershy. She had looked forward to the spa dates that the yellow mare and her continued to have. Even Applejack, with a lot of prodding, had begun to go with the pair.

But with Fluttershy in the hospital...there were bigger things to worry about. And hiding a mental illness for ten years, to Rarity, was scandalous.

“I knew she was seeing Doctor Whooves for the dreams she had about Samael, but to have a complete break with reality...that just isn’t Fluttershy. She loved her animals; Chroma having to see her mom like that...horrendous.”

Just then Applejack burst into the Boutique. “Sugarcube, Ah can’t believe this, but Fluttershy has gone missing! The nurses couldn’t believe it...” She trailed off and attempted to regain her breath.

Rarity’s eyes twitched. This was the worst news she had heard all week.

“We just have to call the others...”

With that, three mares appeared: two out of thin air and one by crashing through the window.

“I may have spoke too soon.”


In a Faraway Place

Psyche, in the body of Fluttershy, had finally got to the meeting place of her cohorts. The other five had been waiting for her to arrive.

“Sorry my brethren I forgot how slow flying was compared to teleportation. I hereby convene the meeting of the Elements of Discord. I your leader Psyche, previously Hate, call war on the evil Elements of Harmony for destroying our master Samael and bringing peace to our land.”

The other five balls of light moved in a way to show their agreement.

“My brothers and sisters it is time to corrupt these “Elements of Harmony” and use them against Equestria and release the Eternal Herd on these non-believers. Power, Depression, Betrayal, Greed, and Falsehood bring your enemies down; and with it the barrier between these worlds!”

Fluttershy, under Psyche’s control began to laugh evilly.

The five winked out ready for their mission.


In Canterlot

Princess Celestia was worried. She kept feeling discord and chaos moving slowly throughout the land. The news that Fluttershy had also disappeared from the hospital after being in a coma trouble the ruler. Celestia did not know how the loss of Fluttershy or why a simple mental illness weakened the Elements of Harmony.

Unless...

“No, that can’t be the reason...we sealed the Discordant Stones in the deepest pits of Tartarus. Even with the breaking of the gates of that place by our brother they couldn’t have escaped. I shall have to talk to my brothers Morning Star and Dark Star about this development.”

Celestia looked worryingly towards the sky. “I hope that tonights passes smoothly because, if my fears are correct, the Discordant Stones will move quickly.”


In Ponyville

The five disembodied Elements of Discord were very happy about how the Harmony mares had gathered to search for their lost friend. They had had to wait for the five mares to fall asleep. For as they had discovered through the years their possession magic worked the best on sleeping creatures .

The five slipped into the bodies of the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony.

Not surprisingly, the mares woke up and looked around at each other ready for their work.

Psyche walked into the room ready to get down to business.

Nothing could stop them now.


Everypony in Canterlot besides Luna and her night court had gone to bed. So only she could hear the sounds coming from the chamber that stored the Elements. Luna never thought she would hear that sound again. Only once before had she heard that sound...

The Elements had broken.

“Our Royal Presence remembers the last time in great antiquity where we had to replace these stones with ones similar to them with greater power. With that sound comes an end of an era...change is the hardest thing for ponies to come to terms with.”

With that said, Luna left her court to go wake up Celly. She had to learn of the news.


In Equestria there was a cloud of instability forming on the horizon. Only six ponies could stand up to the coming storm. The ponies that were capable of saving Equestria were the ones created by the mistakes of their elders. Defeating Samael was only the beginning of their problems.


To the six foals listed below:

I Princess Celestia hereby order, Chroma, Midnight Snack, Zap Apple, Apple Cider, Scale Harmony, and Prince Eros to Canterlot to discuss matters of national security.

If you do not comply, I will have to send my Royal Guards to pick you up. I do not wish to, but I am worried for the safety of Equestria. You six are the only thing I believe that can stop this threat. Do Not Tell Your Parents!

Come Quickly,

Princess Celestia


Sweet Apple Acres

The six foals to which the letter was addressed were standing in the barn of the Apple Family. They were unsure of what to make of the letter. Finally, Chroma spoke up.

“I guess we just have to go to Canterlot then.”answered Chroma.

In the back of her mind, she was wondering if the letter was because of Fluttershy’s disappearance.

And why did she put that last part in? Their parents would never hurt them.

“Alright everypony, tell your parents. I heard they all came to Ponyville!”

The six foals ran off to tell them of the news.