• Published 9th Sep 2012
  • 1,285 Views, 20 Comments

Equestria Ends With You - Lunat1c



Who said the Reaper's Game was only for humans?

  • ...
0
 20
 1,285

Chapter 2: Contact

"Nothing is fixed. One's destiny is determined by their decisions and actions, and theirs only.”

Twilight trotted down the road. So far, no sign of any pony who could see her. She sighed, opening the book, about to ask it for help, when suddenly a flash of dark crimson appeared on the pavement in front of her. Crimson flames seemed to burn through thin air, leaving behind a plain scroll behind, as if the opposite of burning something. Cautiously, Twilight stuck her pin on the book's back cover, and reached out towards the partially rolled up scroll. Written in plain black writing, were the words

"You have 60 minutes to get to Sugarcube Corner. Failure will result in erasure. ~The Reapers"
Twilight winced with pain, as if a needle had been stuck into her hoof the moment she had finished reading the scroll. Looking at the hurt area, Twilight noticed some red digits, reading

59:56...59:55...59:54

60 minutes... Counting down... Twilight decided the logical explanation was that this was a timer, showing how long she had left. Erasure... The Reapers... Neither of these sounded even remotely pleasing to her. Erasure. What did they mean by erasure? Didn't sound at all pleasant to her, and the day's been weird enough.

Twilight's thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a ribbit behind her. Twirling around, she saw what seemed to be... Half frog, and half artwork? Several frog-like things with their bottom half which seemed to be made up of graffiti-style art were bounding towards her. Frozen in shock at the sight of these, Twilight wasn't able to move, until the leading frog at the front of the pack bared a set of vicious drawn spikes underneath its peculiar drawn legs. Drawing upon her magic, Twilight readied a bolt of energy. After a second, she released it at the closest frog, but to no success, the shot passing through the frog like it was nothing.

Now panicking, Twilight turned around and galloped away, feeling a rustling sound on the book she was still holding. Levitating it with magic, the book opened of its own accord and displayed but 3 words:

MAKE A PACT

Staring around wildly, Twilight locked eyes with a dark purple stallion, being chased by none other than another pack of the creatures chasing her. A moment passed, their eyes conveying understanding.

"Say I accept your pact!" screamed Twilight. "I accept!" came the reply. The two unicorns bounding towards each other were engulfed in a thin blue light. Rising up into the air, Twilight felt a connection to the pony she had just 'made a pact' with. She'll have to question the book about this later, but for now, there seems to be no choice.

Readying another bolt of magic, Twilight pointed her horn straight at the nearest frog. Again, the magic sailed through harmlessly. Hurriedly turning to the book again, it flew open and a couple more pins tumbled out.

Each pin had a simple design on it, depicting specific items. Levitating one with flames on it, Twilight realised what they were meant for. Focusing all her power on that one pin, Twilight channelled her magic through the pin. She felt a mental connection suddenly appear from the pin, to her. Remembering the flames, she did what she thought best. Directing the power flowing from the pin in front of her, the land in front of her started to burn with a malevolent flame. Hungry, devouring flames covered the pavement around the frogs. The frogs let out a piercing screech as they were consumed by the flames, and burst into waves of static.

Looking to her right, she saw the stallion levitating another of the pins which had fell out of the book, this one showing a blue-green bolt of energy. The Stallion stood his ground, as the frogs bounded towards him. Twilight felt a tinge of nervousness. Perhaps he wasn’t as fast as she was, and didn’t know how to use it? Twilight again focused her power on the red pin with flames and attempted to bring up more flames to defend him, but nothing happened. Staring at the pin, it seemed like all the colour had drained out of it, though it was slowly filling back up.

Too slowly.

The Stallion had also seemed to be panicking, since he didn’t know how to use the pin like she had thought. Acting quickly, Twilight levitated a different pin, this one with a simple white glove as a design, though it still retained all the colour in it, and Twilight could feel a certain sensation pulsing out from it. Concentrating her mind on this one, she felt a sudden connection to it, as had happened with the flames. She opened her eyes, but nothing seemed to happen. Also panicking, Twilight was suddenly distracted by a crashing noise, a stand knocked over by a frog which had bounded into it. Her attention shifting to the stand, it started to levitate. She smiled, suddenly knowing what the pin was for.

The Stallion stood there, fear and panic rooting him to the spot. He saw the frogs… the devilish frogs getting closer, and closer, and making a final leap…

Twilight psychically threw the stand at the noise, knocking them out of the way, into the wall, though not enough to defeat them, though it was enough to break the stallion out of his fright. With the terror thrown away, the stallion was able to concentrate properly. After a few moments of deep thought, he lifted his hoof and threw bolts of energy, just like on the pin at the frogs. They hit the frogs, making small explosions as they hit, each leaving an image of static as they were defeated.
Stunned by the sudden disappearance of the rush from the fight,

Twilight stood on the spot, trying to catch her breath back. Feeling a comforting hoof on her shoulder, Twilight and turned around, to see the stallion she had paired up with.

He was a deep midnight purple, with strange swirling and runic patterns decorating his hooves and horn. He stated at Twilight, with eyes of dark blue, suiting his coat perfectly. His mane hung over his head, half covering one of his eyes, and flowing down over his neck and his back, into his tail. It was made up of many shades of dark purple and blue, and 2 strange strands of shady green running down in a DNA-spiral fashion.

Looking at her hoof, they still had 40 minutes to make their way to Sugarcube Corner, so they might as well take some time to get to know each other, since they were probably going to be together for a while.

"So, what's your name?" Twilight asked.

"...my name is Aura. Dawn Aura."


A/N Thanks for reading, and thanks for all the comments. I certainly wasn't expecting quite so many. Rest assured, I now know that there is another TWEWY FimFiction, and I read the first and last bits of it. (The Reaper's Game, I believe. If it isn't this one, let me know) I haven't read the entirety, as I want this story to come entirely from myself, but seeing the first and last bit leads me to believe that the two stories will be very different. Very different indeed. Again, thanks for reading. Laters.

Please Comment!