• Published 12th Oct 2020
  • 845 Views, 5 Comments

King Sombra: Babysitter? - Badguy400



Babysitting story that takes place a few days after “The Beginning of the End” series finale premiere.

  • ...
2
 5
 845

Chapter Three: An Unlikely Outcome

King Sombra and Flurry Heart are now in the hallway; looking for a room in particular. Sombra asked countless ponies as to where this kid usually gets her food from, but they either ignored him, or said something as a means to shrug him off. Clearly, Sombra was having none of that, and decided to go look for someone else to help him. How the ponies didn’t react to the news drastically about Sombra’s return is because the royal couple told them about it before they went into their rooms and passed out on their beds. He surely couldn’t ask them for help because as soon as he found their room, he soon found that they were fast asleep in their beds. Shining Armor was snoring, and Cadence was mumbling something in her sleep; about what exactly is unknown. He would’ve asked the royal guards, but then again... Sombra would’ve been arrested for all he knew; even with the news of his return to them.

Sombra then asked his arch nemesis Twilight where Flurry Heart gets her food from. Unfortunately, like everypony else, she wasn’t much help either. But she did say something about a kitchen in the castle. Where exactly, is unknown to her. Sombra sighed in defeat, but smiles knowing that there’s a kitchen in the castle. And with that he was off. Until...

“*is pacing around the hallway*, hmm. I know that there must be a kitchen here. I mean, how else would my enemies still be here, and keep on living their lives eh?” King Sombra is talking to himself whilst trying his best to distinguish between a room and a kitchen. Flurry Heart was too busy to notice his ramblings because she was looking all over the castle in awe whilst being carried by her “attempted” captor. She wasn’t crying yet, but as always, she will eventually; once she can’t bear her hunger no longer that is.

Sombra turned to Flurry and nudged her gently, “I suppose you don’t know where the kitchen is either do you?” Flurry Heart just shook her head and continued looking around while being carried. “That’s what I figured”, Sombra began, “now let’s find this kitchen before..” Sombra was about to finish his statement, when suddenly he was cut off by Twilight Sparkle; whom apparently, was following him.

Twilight clears her throat and says, “you know, if you need any help, you could just ask.”

Sombra was a little annoyed and said, “I did. But you said that you can’t find out where the kitchen is.” Sombra breathed out a sigh of annoyance, but then took deep breaths to calm himself down.

“Ooh, right. Hehe.” Twilight looked at Sombra and gave him a sheepish smile. “Don’t worry, I’m sure we can figure this out.”

“I hope so”, Sombra anointed, “but if your niece starts crying, then I’m personally blaming you for not helping me.”

Twilight blinked for a bit, and said, “but I thought I told you that I was checking up on you?”

“You did, but”, Sombra took a breath before continuing, “you also said that you would help me if needed, and you didn’t even help me much.” Sombra frowned again in annoyance.

“I know, and I’m really sorry.” Twilight starts to look apologetic. “I was just really fascinated by the Crystal empire castle. You can’t really blame me for wanting to check out your old home.. right?”

King Sombra blinked, “oh.. right. I forgot about that, hehe.” Sombra and Twilight both shared awkward smiles with each other. Flurry Heart was beginning to whine, as her hunger can no longer be contained.

“Well, we better get moving. If we can’t get something for Flurry Heart soon, then she’ll starve, and that’ll cause her to start crying again.” Twilight was looking slightly worried because of her nieces’ whining.

King Sombra sighed, “I guess. But how are we supposed to find a kitchen in this place? Last time I took over, I nearly got buried alive by my own broom closet when figuring out the rooms.”

“I guess.” Twilight rubbed her head, “but I don’t know what else to do. It’s not like anypony’s gonna help us. They’re either guarding the castle, or sleeping. I’m sorry about this.” King Sombra said, “It’s fine. But it’s also not like they’ll help much anyways, hehe.” All three of them then sighed in defeat.

Just then, Twilight just remembered something. “I got it! I think I know how to find the kitchen.”

King Sombra raised an eyebrow in surprise. “You do? How?”

“Well,” Twilight began. “I do have my own castle, but it’s smaller. However, just because it’s smaller, it doesn’t mean that it’s any different than the other castles.”

King Sombra blinked in amazement and surprise, but then frowned from feeling unsure. “I guess so. But how do we find one in this castle?”

“Simple. Just look for a symbol on top of a pair of doors that looks like food, and there you go.” Twilight beamed with pride.

Sombra was smiling slightly. “I guess so. But isn’t it a little silly?”

“Maybe, but it works, right?” Twilight said with a smile.

“Possibly.” Sombra stated; Flurry Heart nodding in approval. “Now cmon, let’s get her taken care of before something bad happens.”

“I wouldn’t say that if I were you”, Twilight cautioned, “because something always bad happens when ponies say that.”

“Like what?” Sombra said in curiosity.

“Well...” Twilight sheepishly began, “you see... Flurry tends to..”

Author's Note:

That was interesting. Anyways, time for some more chapters.