• Published 28th Aug 2012
  • 673 Views, 2 Comments

Vamp Pinkie - Paganbrony



When Twilight uses forbidden magic she unwittingly summons a familiar looking creature of the night.

  • ...
3
 2
 673

Part 4: Blunt Fangs.

Vamp Pinkie.

Part 4: Blunt Fangs.

Things were not going well for the newest pony in Ponyville.

First she’d ended up in a strange world where ponies walked alone at night and weren’t afraid of strangers and as far as she could tell she was the only ‘monster’ around town.

Pink barely acknowledged the ponies that approached her or greeted her as they passed by, failing to notice the stares her mane received because she was hungry… Oh boy she was hungry.

After suddenly appearing inside a burning library and the tastiest meal she’d seen in age’s escape her twice… Despite this Pink hadn’t just drained the first pony she’d seen afterwards, oh no she’d forced herself to wait…

After all that purple unicorn had said vampires didn’t exist hadn’t she…?

Pink figured why spoil it all by dining randomly and changing the status quo…?

Besides the daylight hours of today had been spent hiding alone in a potting shed dodging beams of sunshine through the gaps in the wooden walls and trying with no success to tempt the mice that lived there to come out from their hiding places.

Dusty, tired and starving Pink didn’t see the pony in front of her until she’d literally banged right into her.

“Oh my, are you OK?”

The voice was full of concern as the mare helped Pink to her hooves.

“Oh dear I’m ever so… …Pinkie Pie!!!”

The mare stood in shock as she looked Pink up and down, and then settled on her mane.

“Oh dear… Oh my goodness… Oh my…”

Pink barely registered the yellow coat and pink mane before being embraced fully amid gasps of,

“Look at your coat!”

“Are you hurt?”

“Did you fall down?”

“Was some pony nasty to you?”

The tirade of concerned gestures and comments stopped as Pink covered the mare’s mouth with her hoof.

“Who are you?”

The mare blinked and tried to talk but it sounded muffled behind Pinks hoof so she slowly moved it away.

“Me… Oh no did you bang your head? Don’t you recognize me?”

“Um sure I guess and no?”

Pink was exhausted and in no mood to argue or explain or strangely to bite? And with so many ponies around at night she couldn’t just feed in the open.

“W-well, I’m Fluttershy...”

“Have you seen Nurse Redheart? I don’t know if she’ll still be at the infirmary? Do you want me to take you there? Do you remember where that is?”

“Enough!!!”

Pink spoke sharply, noticing the timid flinch and the hurt expression on the yellow mare.

“Sorry… I didn’t mean to…”

Pink apologized before she realized what she was doing, this mare Fluttershy nodded but was no less shaken her breathing rapid and a hint of fear perhaps?

Pink, no stranger to the fear ponies showed around her frowned, this was different it felt awkward.

“So we’re friends?”

Pink tried hopefully although she couldn’t work out why.

Recovering a little Fluttershy nodded.

“Oh yes very much so…”

Pink moved forward and smiled as she ran her hoof through Fluttershy’s mane…

“How much so…?”

A seductive edge crept into her voice her senses taking over as she could smell the blood and taste the sudden adrenaline.

“N-Not that much…!”

Fluttershy made a squeaking sound as she turned a shade of crimson pulling away from Pink’s hoof.

“Pity…”

Pink grumbled as she once again looked at the timid yet undeniably beautiful mare before her and imagined sinking her fangs into that throat feeling her blood flow her body spasm as it drained…

“Pinkie Pie…? Are you OK…?”

Fluttershy’s voice was so low that Pink didn’t hear her so Fluttershy moved closer and nudged her with her hoof, as she did so Pink snapped out of it and looked with feral eyes at Fluttershy.

…Who incidentally almost stopped breathing when Pink again lent even closer as she asked in a low voice…

“Are you sure…?”

“Ah… No! …I… I mean yes!”

Fluttershy stumbled backwards as Pink’s lips brushed her neck…

Looking around frantically to see if any pony was watching them Fluttershy was relieved to see no pony had.

Quickly she turned back to Pink and tried to change the subject hurriedly as her breathing was now at dangerous levels.

Pink’s whole body felt like it was on fire as she watched the nervous pony panic before her while she spoke.

She wondered why she had reacted like that… Hunger perhaps?

That had to be it, hunger… She was just acting weird because of hunger wasn’t she?

A small voice disturbed her thoughts…

“So is that OK?”

Fluttershy tried her hardest to sound cheerful and positive as she looked at Pink hopefully.

“Huh?”

Pink realized she’d missed what the mare had said.

Fluttershy had now lost all confidence and was obviously downcast, her voice a mere whisper…

“Do you want to go home?”

Pink had to even with her extra powerful vampire senses strain to hear her as she spoke.

“No…! …I mean no thanks.”

Pink knew going to this other versions house might be problematic for her also she was afraid of running into this ‘Pinkie Pie’.

Pink was a vampire who hadn’t exactly fitted in with the other ‘monsters’ she’d been shunned for her taste in prey her love of garish bright colors, lethal pranks and big bloody parties that shocked even the Queen of the Damned and the Nightmare Sister!!!

Meeting a living breathing copy that had friends like Fluttershy who lived in such an innocent world untouched by the grand horrors of her own made her feel unhappy and confused about her own desires, which up until now had been simple and to the point she mused.

These thoughts upset her further as she realized she wanted to be alone for a while…

Her hunger forgotten she spoke to the quivering mare before her.

“I need to be alone now.”

Pink turned to leave but stopped as a hoof touched her hind leg.

Pink spun around to face her as she said harshly.

“What now!”

“I-I just think its dangerous wandering alone with amnesia.”

Fluttershy’s voice was as low as it could go, her eyes flicked to Pink and away again as she whimpered at the scowl she had received at her suggestion.

“Well what do you suggest then…?”

Pink said this as she softened her tone while puzzling why she had.

“Maybe you could …”

“Yes?”

Pink snapped back whilst trying to recover her lost attitude.

“M-maybe, I don’t know … M-maybe you could stay at my home tonight?”

“Oh?”

Pink’s smile and raised eyebrow caused Fluttershy to recoil in embarrassment.

“N-no I didn’t mean that…”

Pink enjoyed the confused and embarrassed fidgeting of the yellow mare.

“Well what did you mean then?”

Pink edged closer to Fluttershy.

“I just thought we could, I d-don’t know, talk maybe?”

Fluttershy paused briefly then continued when Pink didn’t respond.

“We could try to help you remember things!”

Her confidence growing Fluttershy added,

“And in the morning we could go see nurse Redheart if you’re still unwell”.

Pink looked unsure what to do or say so Fluttershy gathering her reserves of courage spoke yet again.

“You could always come over after you’ve had some time alone?”

Pink was confused after all she didn’t usually talk this much with dinner, play yes, but talk? Not really much to say when snacking down on a creature’s life-force... Let alone get invited home by it.

“M-My house…”

Fluttershy her confidence reserves nearing empty stuttered

“It is just down that road, y-you can’t miss it.”

Fluttershy pointed a hoof as Pink peered of into the darkness unbeknownst to the yellow mare much further than she could.

“You live in the Everfree Forest? Do you live alone?”
“Yes”

Pink was impressed…

In her world that forest was home to things that scared even the biggest scariest vampires in Ponyville.

Pink guessed (correctly) that even in this fluffy pony friendly reality it would be home to some of the scariest creatures of this world.

“Oh no… Not inside on the edge of it.”

The thought of home always made Fluttershy smile but unknowingly she gave Pink the most adorable smile the vampire had ever seen (on account of smiles being few and far between in her reality).

Without thinking Pink smiled back then as Fluttershy turned she remembered her fangs and closed her mouth firmly shut no hint of a smile…

Then she cursed herself mentally as she tried to control the sudden warm happy feeling in a place that had stopped beating so very long ago.

“S-so I’ll see you later?”

Fluttershy said smiling apprehensively while getting to her hooves.

“F-Fine…”

Pink gave up trying to resist as Fluttershy who was running on auto pilot gave her a relieved hug and set off towards her home, her original plan to check on her other friends after she’d heard about the fire forgotten in the bewildering and somewhat scary run in with what she thought was her friend.

Pink equally confused watched her go, and when Fluttershy turned and waved before disappearing out of sight Pink cursed yet again after she waved back without thinking.

As she resumed walking back towards her potting shed her appetite had definitely been lost as well as losing it mentally she thought as eventually her broken down mess of a hideout came into sight.

Meanwhile on the other side of Ponyville…

As the stars shone in the night sky Rainbow Dash landed at Sweet Apple Acres, her hooves made small thumping noise as she walked onto the front porch, before she could knock the door flew open as Applejack poked her head out.

“Oh hi Dash! Glad you’re here Sugar.”

“Wow… …Applejack… Being paranoid much?”

Dash asked in her best I’m not surprised at all voice.

As she followed the farm pony into the living room Dash was again surprised to find Rarity gently sipping a glass of cider by the fire place.

Before she could speak Applejack turned and hugged her closely to her.

“Uh is everything OK?”

Dash asked with more than a little confusion in her voice and embarrassment as Applejack still hugging her said nothing.

After a moment of this soft embrace Rarity cleared her throat nervously while staring into the fire.

“Rainbow dear…”

The cultured lilt was followed by a slight pause plus another dainty sip of cider.

“Have you by any chance see Twilight today since you brought her to my boutique?”

“Um yeah, sort of…”

Dash replied still confused as she extricated herself from Applejack who spoke next with hesitation in her voice as well.

“Was she… I mean did she seem OK to you?”

“Well…”

Dash noticed the concerned yet sad looking expressions on the pair in front of her…

“I spoke to her but …”

“Yeah sugar cube?”

…Applejack seemed more than a little apprehensive as she interrupted…

“She was acting like a complete jerk and flat out ignored what I tried to say.”

Both Rarity and Applejack exchanged strange looks as Applejack put a hoof around Dash’s shoulders before she spoke.

“You’d better sit down”.

It didn’t take long to bring dash up to speed on events concerning Twilight despite Rarity’s constant muttering and disapproving clicks of her tongue.

As Applejack finished it was Dash who spoke next about her unsuccessful attempt at conversation missing out the part about the failed attempt at explaining her and Applejack.

Rarity just sat there not saying anything, eventually Dash finished and as she digested all she’d missed she just stared in disbelief as the whole ‘I summoned a vampire Pinkie’ idea sank in.

Rarity started to bemoan the whole affair as Applejack tried not to show how upset she was at the events.

“I don’t think now’s the time but I would like to hear about how well you two have been getting along? After all I am your friend and I do love a bit of gossip, I promise I’ll keep your secret, after all you know you’re not the only ones in town right...?’

This had led to hurried nods and a quick change of subject as Applejack and Dash tried to contain their relief and their anxiety as Rarity tried not to milk her advantage smiling at their reactions before reluctantly continuing their conversation about Twilight.



“Did you hear that?”

Applebloom whispered excitedly to Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle as the trio hid at the top of the stairs instead of doing their homework quietly in Applebloom’s room.

“Your sister and Dash aren’t the only…?”

Sweetie Belle asked innocently.

“No!!!”

Applebloom interrupted Sweetie Belle not willing to admit she had no idea what Rarity had meant when she’d said that to Applejack and Dash…

“Ah meant…”

Applebloom said as desperate to change the subject as her sister had been,

“Did y’all hear that? There’s a vampire that looks like Pinkie Pie in town!”

“I don’t know Rarity doesn’t seem too convinced she thinks Twilight’s just gone a little loopy.”

“Well ma sister thinks she’s crazy too but we all know Twilight and when have you ever known her to lie or make something up? Who are you gonna believe Twilight or your sister?”

“Huh? Rarity of course!!! But Twilight’s never exactly been sane, but vampires? That’s pretty nuts… But Rarity is her friend so she knows her better than us…”

Sweetie Belle replied in a hushed tone as her unwavering faith in her sister shone through.

It was at this point the pair turned to the third member of their group who was sat starting at the floor, her eyes cast downwards as tears slowly fell.

“Uh Scootaloo, did you hear me…? A real vampire…!”

Applebloom smiled unconvincingly as she nudged Scootaloo gently.

“Y-yeah great…”

Scoot answered still focused on the floor, Sweetie Belle had an idea what was bothering her friend but decided that like her sister it was a conversation best left alone for now.

Applebloom wanted to ask what was up with Scootaloo but upon seeing Sweetie Belle’s ‘don’t even think about it’ look of warning she quickly reverted to her previous topic.

“Hey do ya’ll think there’s a cutie mark for vampire slaying?”

This got even Scootaloo’s attention as she wiped away her tears with a hoof.

“Maybe…”

Scoot sniffed back a last tear as she spoke.

Sweetie Belle saw the fire in her friends eyes ignite as the idea not only cemented itself in their minds but overrode all practical or reasoned considerations as she too was swept away by the idea of such a ‘cool’ way to earn her badge despite any notion of it turning into a red badge of courage or worse.

Exchanging excited looks the trio hurriedly returned to Applebloom’s room to plan their new careers as fearless vampire hunters.

It was as this was happening, across town in a dilapidated potting shed a pink tail began twitching as plans for the owner’s demise were drawn up.

It had been a terrible night for Twilight since she’d entered the Everfree forest, her cuts were still fresh and the scent of blood had wafted on the wind until a wild Manticore had appeared and given chase as Twilight hoofed it.

After having given it the slip she quickly realized she’d run the wrong way and was now as far from her destination as she was Ponyville so she wearily changed direction and headed once again for her friend Zecora’s house deep in the Everfree.