• Published 28th Aug 2012
  • 673 Views, 2 Comments

Vamp Pinkie - Paganbrony



When Twilight uses forbidden magic she unwittingly summons a familiar looking creature of the night.

  • ...
3
 2
 673

Part 3: Burned Books and Burning Bridges.

Vamp Pinkie.

Part 3: Burned Books and Burning Bridges.

Applejack stormed home as she cried out in frustration.

“That stupid Twilight, why’d she have to blurt that out like that, right in front of Rarity no less….”

“…Ah can’t believe she’s acting like that.”

To no pony but herself she began talking to herself about what she’d tell Dash so the mare didn’t spark Twilight out in anger.

As she made her way through Sweet Apple Acres orchard she spied her sister Applebloom and her friends Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo running towards their clubhouse at the far end of the farm making lots of noise and was cheered up by their youthful antics as they raced each other.

Applejack sighed she didn’t blame Twilight for reacting like every other pony when it came to two mares together but for everything else, the fire and her silly story about vampires…

Applejack knew it would be a while before she could forgive her friend.

The farm pony tried to put it out of her mind as she began the farms daily routine, by lunchtime she’d almost quelled her anger when she called loudly to her sister it was dinner time.

As she sat down to eat Applejack wondered if she should go and see Rarity and check all was well, but decided against it not sure how to react if she ran into Twilight again.

After finishing her lunch alone Applejack wondered where her sister and her friends had gotten to…

They were supposed to be having lunch at the farm so she got up and made her way to their clubhouse enjoying the sunshine and even humming as she watched a flock of birds fly overhead.

The clubhouse, a base for the trio of ‘Cutie Mark Crusaders’ was situated in a beautiful clearing just on the edge of the Apple family farm…

Applejack remembered playing there as a little filly, she smiled as she reached her destination and called up to the tree house.

No answer… Applejack called again, again nothing, figuring the trio had gone to one of the others homes for lunch she went back to her chores.

The rest of the day passed without incident as Applejack put the previous events out of her mind as best she could.

It was approaching dusk when Applejack on her way to put her cart back in the barn spotted a familiar white unicorn making her way towards the farm house.

Applejack waited till Rarity had reached her before smiling and welcoming her after all Rarity was one of those that didn’t like being hollered at from a distance Applejack reminded herself.

“Howdy Rarity what brings you to the farm…?”

“Have you seen Sweetie Belle?”
.
The fashion designer had a concerned look on her face… Her eyes were looking around the farm as she spoke.

“Huh? Well I saw the girls earlier going to the clubhouse, but when ah checked at lunch they weren’t there, ah figured they were at yours or Scootaloo’s.”

“Oh dear…”

“Is there something on your mind Rarity?”

Applejack asked, an uncomfortable feeling beginning in her stomach.

Rarity seemed to collect her thoughts as she had one last look around, giving a wavering smile accompanied by a nervous tic as she replied.

“I’ve just been looking for the girl’s that’s all dear.”

Applejack noticed the slight hesitation in Rarity’s voice giving her the best frown she had Applejack waited for Rarity to continue.

Finally Rarity sighed and told Applejack about what Twilight had said, and that her afternoon had been spent looking for Sweetie Belle as she put it,

“Just in case…”

“Ah reckon Twilight’s just overdone it studying and with the fire an all she’s just venting.”

Rarity looked unconvinced an unfamiliar nagging feeling eating away at her.

“I don’t’ know it seemed to me she was, oh how to say it… Losing her marbles…”

“…But she seemed so convinced that’s all.”

“You think she’s gone crazy?”

Applejack shook her head slowly,

“She just needs to calm down that’s all, Twilight’s going to snap out of it and then she’ll apologize then it’ll be one more letter to Celestia, then we can all laugh about it…”

Applejack wished she felt as confident as her words sounded, but between Rarity’s and Twilight’s argument and her belief in her friends to always be as honest as her all of this was beginning to feel wrong…

…Very wrong…

As the sun began its final phase for the day Applejack told Rarity to wait in the farmhouse as she tried to walk and not to sprint to the girl’s clubhouse as she told herself everything was just a little messed up but was going to work out fine.

As soon as she was out of Rarity’s sight she broke into all out running.

Applejack neared the clubhouse situated in an old tree, her breathing barely controlled as she forced her mind to stay calm.

Hopeful, she reached the door and upon entering stopped dead…

The Cutie Mark Crusaders were all stood motionless in the middle of the room a few hooves apart.

Silently their heads turned towards Applejack…

Their bodies began to slowly move, making silent motions and expressions, from Applejack’s viewpoint they seemed to all move in an unnatural clockwork fashion.

Finally, the farm pony managed to process the scene before her.

“You girls have been at this all day?”

The performance ground to a halt as the three young fillies all took off their costumes and moaned in unison as they realized nothing was doing on the cutie mark front.

Stifling a laugh Applejack told them to get cleaned up for dinner and that Rarity would be joining them.

Leaving them to it Applejack wondered where in Equestria they had got that idea to be Mime’s from.

As the night fell over Sweet Apple Acres the five pones ate a makeshift dinner in fairly high spirits the worries of the two mares forgotten temporarily but there nonetheless.

It was as this fairly happy scene played out that nearby in a derelict barn (Rainbow Dash was yet to knock down) a certain party pony was laid out on old straw her hair as straight as a bent arrow as she muttered to herself as she tried to decide what to do...

On the other side of town:

The library was totaled, everything was either charred, burned or ash.

Twilight was as gutted as her home…

Gathering what she could find she began her research and by nightfall she was losing the war, not just against herself but her research and her own hunger pangs.

The fact she’d found no trustworthy accounts or evidence of vampires existing let alone how to battle one had led her to cry out in frustration.

Cracking up, that’s what I am, she thought as she threw the copy of Beasts Myths & Legends that she’d been reading away.

Twilight knew running around screaming vampire was sure to end in her incarceration, perhaps even on the moon for what she had done.

Now her fragile state of mind and her imagination was going on to imagine unheard levels of punishment for her mistake.

She couldn’t just sit there either so summoning her resolve while silently praying to Celestia Twilight stepped forth into the night with nothing but pop culture references fairy tales and her knowledge of magic to aid her as she vowed to send the mistake home.

From a short distance watching Twilight leave the library while muttering the dark silhouette lurking in the shadows finally carried out its well thought out plan.

“Hey Twilight wait a minute will you!”

As Twilight jumped out of her skin the hidden pony landed in front of her.

“You and I need to talk…”

Regaining her wits Twilight still absorbed with her self imposed mission took one look at the angry Rainbow Dash and dismissed her.

“Dash I don’t have time to talk, no pony does.”

“Hey wait a minute, I have something to say!”

Dash was furious at her friend and more so by the minute as Twilight rolled her eyes and begrudgingly acknowledged her by standing impatiently for her to get on with it.

“Yes what is it that’s so important…?”

The impatience of Twilight’s answer riled Dash even more.

“It’s about Applejack and me…”

Dash’s anger failed her as the embarrassment of her chosen subject matter hit home.

“What about it? You two are together… You didn’t tell any of your friends about it, you lied to us Dash and furthermore I don’t have time for ponies who won’t believe me.”

And with that said Twilight stormed off in the direction of the Everfree Forest.

“Wait…! What I mean…”

“H-Hey Twilight…?”

“Who doesn’t believe you…?”

“I-I just wanted to say it was our first date … and are you okay with it…?”

A tear slid down Dash’s cheek as her friend continued to disappear into the distance not listening.

“…Please…!”

Dash whispered that last part as she lost sight of Twilight, upset and at a loss the young mare took off towards Sweet Apple Acres.