• Published 28th Aug 2012
  • 820 Views, 23 Comments

Insertion - Ferrus Caballio



What happens when you mysteriously show up in Ponyville? Pinkie Pie throws you a party, of course!

  • ...
 23
 820

Prologue

‘What do you think?’

‘It certainly merits investigation; first one we’ve come across that actually could be viable for our purposes,’

‘Good to know, we’ve already started preparations,’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spike hummed to himself tunelessly as he arranged the books on the shelves, only pausing to move the ladder, which, due to his diminutive stature took quite some effort, it was when he was moving the ladder that a group of fillies burst in.

‘Hey Spike! How’s it going?’ The small dragon yelped and dropped the ladder, it knocked all the books of the shelf he’d just been tending to and he sighed with frustration.

‘Well, it was going fine until now,’

‘Sorry,’ Replied Sweetie Belle, shrinking back a little, well aware of how Spike’s temper could get if he were pushed.

‘So what can I do for you, then?’ He asked, a little huffily.

‘Well, we were looking for some books on activities we could try,’

‘Right, I’ll grab a selection for you, just try not to lose any of them, you know what happened last time,’

Apple Bloom grinned sheepishly, last time she’d left a book somewhere in Sweet Apple Acres, it had taken almost two days to find it, the other two giggled silently at her discomfiture as Spike bustled around the library, muttering to himself as he evaluated the worth of certain books.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘I have the template set,’

‘Are you sure?’

‘Yes, it should serve perfectly for the job in hand,’

‘I see, that all seems acceptable, now, on to the hard part,’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight wandered into Sugarcube Corner to visit Pinkie Pie ‘Pinkie! Pinkie! Are you here?’ This question was asked while leaning on the counter and now she jerked back as a pink head shot into view.

‘Hey there, Twilight! How’s it going?’

‘Once my heart ceases it’s palpitations, I’ll tell you,’ She replied, one hoof on her chest while taking calming breaths, once she was done ‘Anyway, I just came by to see how you were doing, after all, I thought you might need some help,’

‘Nope! All’s fine here! Promise!’

‘You sure? The Cakes have never left you to run the store all by yourself before…’

Pinkie suddenly gave her a hard look ‘Twilight, we’re not gonna see a repeat of the Smarty Pants incident, are we?’

‘No, no,’ Twilight quickly reassured her friend.

‘Are you sure?’

‘Absolutely,’

‘Okie Dokie Lokie! But if you had a problem, you’d tell us, right?’

‘Of course Pinkie! I came here to ask if you needed help and you managed to turn it on its head,’ Laughed Twilight.

‘’S’ what I do,’ Pinkie laughed ‘So, what can I get you?’

‘Just a blueberry pie, thanks,’

‘You having someone over? It’s a big pie,’

‘Not really, just felt like indulging a little, it also means I can try out a preservation spell I found recently,’

‘Ooh, what number is that?’

‘I can’t remember, Spike probably has it written down somewhere, but it’s not being added to the list yet, not until I can get it to work with no side effects, besides those desired, of course,’

‘Well, good luck with that!’ Pinkie pushed a box across the counter to her and Twilight lifted it with her magic.

‘Thanks, Pinkie!’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Are you sure this is all the data we’ll need?’

‘We’ve reached the end of the official research cycle; it’s the best we have to go on,’

‘I know, it’s just that this is our first opportunity and I don’t want something to go wrong,’

‘It won’t,’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘What you up too?’

‘Unlike you, Rainbow, I’m working, you could try it sometime you know?’ Applejack looked up at her friend with exasperation.

‘I do work, it’s just when I do it, it’s so awesome that it doesn’t seem like work,’

‘Of course not,’ AJ rolled her eyes, before walking away with the cart strapped to her back.

Rainbow Dash quickly became bored and flew off somewhere else to have a nap, hardly unusual.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘You’re certain this is the most potent set-up possible that will not attract too much attention?’

‘Yes, we have confirmed that this is the most powerful form available, so we decided it would be the best to use,’

‘How’s the construction coming along?’

‘Implantation and then insertion will be soon, we’re almost there,’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Fluttershy! How can I help you?’

‘Um… we-well, I found these whilst looking after some of the animals, I think one of them dug them up m-maybe you could use them?’

Fluttershy pulled out a hoof-ful of clear diamonds.

‘Oh darling! Those are simply fabulous, are you sure you want to give them away?’

‘Y-yes, they’re not really my style, I hope you can put them to use,’

‘Thank you so much Fluttershy! The moment anything comes up, just let me know, I owe you one for this, the moment I use these, I’ll let you know,’

‘Um… okay,’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘We’re ready for insertion,’

‘Really? Ahead of schedule, you’ve done well,’

‘Thank you, now we just have to wait,’

‘Indeed,’