• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 1,043 Views, 2 Comments

Cozy Glow: Parent-less - spacekatherine



We know Cozy Glow, ‘Empress of Friendship’, crazy manipulative five year old and banished villain. Let’s hear her backstory now, shall we?

  • ...
0
 2
 1,043

Bright Hearts Orphanage

Manehatten, Bright Hearts Orphanage

Bright Hearts Orphanage was a relatively small one, tucked into the middle of the bustling city of Manehatten. It was a small building, with a mismatch of different colours slapped onto it, abd squeezed in between a movie theatre and a school. It was run by a kind mare, Rose Petal, and her wife, Violet Bubble. Now, you might think that orphanages are boring places with nothing much to do, but this was quite the opposite in Bright Hearts Orphanage. This was, after all, Manehatten. Home to sparkling lamps that functioned even after midnight, and a bustling night scene only comparable to Las Pegasus. Nevertheless, it was a very lovely place to stay in, and if the children were behaving well, Violet Bubble would take them to the movie theatre to watch their favourite action flicks.

When Cozy Glow was sent away by Purple Skies for her safety, she was sent to Bright Hearts Orphanage. The cute and lovable ball of fluff instantly warmed the cockles of Rose Petal and Violet Bubble’s hearts. She was a hit with the older children too, who delighted in helping feed her, and the braver ones occasionally changed her nappies too. Yes, from birth, she was fawned upon greatly.

Her milky eyes soon became clear after a month, and she could babble a little bit already. Too bad for her parents who shunned her away for her milky eyes, if they could see her bright scarlet eyes, they would surely rush to take her back.

One autumn, hardly a year after her birth, Violet Bubble was cradling her in her hooves as she crooned lullabies to the foal. Her name was Cozy Glow, as requested by Purple Skies before her unfortunate death. Her arctic blue mane was striped too, like her father, though nopony would know. Her pink coat was strangely all her own. It was a stunning light pink, and was as soft as the finest fur of the cats of faraway lands. Her blue mane was already taking on a bouncy curl to it, and as she joyfully babbled nonsense to Violet, her scarlet eyes sparkled with laughter. Cozy Glow was the precious jewel of the orphanage, and the orphanage itself was the locked treasure chest. If she was a jewel, the other children were golden bits, and Violet and Rose the curses placed upon those who dared touch the treasure.

Cozy Glow grew up into a fine young filly, and as fillies do, she often got into humongous trouble. A week after she could walk and talk and had her own conscious mind, Bale Straw’s stuffed rabbit suddenly ended up hanging from the rafters. A single hour after that, Medal Winner’s first ever karate championship trophy shattered to pieces because Cozy Glow was practicing flying. But quite unlike other fillies, she somehow manipulated her way out of getting punished. Violet often tried to ban her from eating dessert for a week after an incident, and each time, Cozy Glow would bat her big scarlet eyes in sadness and suddenly she was forgiven. After that, she became emotionless again, not caring for others feeling unless it would reach her own personal goals.

One day, on the Summer Solstice, when the whole orphanage got to go to the festival to celebrate, Cozy Glow went missing. Gone.

She had been so seemingly excited for the festival, like other fillies. In fact, the whole orphanage was buzzing about the festival. It was rumoured to have the best cotton candy maker, Floss Cloud, coming to town with his many flavours of cotton candy for all creatures. Then there was the games, where if luck struck on you, you would have a chance to come home with an enchanted teddy bear, spelled by the best charm mages of Equestria! So much more was going to be at the Solstice. And the most exciting thingof all: The Sun Princess Celestia herself, in all her glory. She would be making a magical and grand appearance, and a chance to see her up close was exciting and occupies most of the orphans thoughts that day.

Then, Violet and Rose let the children wander around the food stalls, with the condition to gather back at the popcorn stall at eleven bells in time for the viewing of the raising of the sun. Soon, eleven bells rang, and all the children gathered round Violet and Rose. Trying to keep their eyes on a rowdy crowd of orphans, they did not notice Cozy Glow, barely three years of age at that time, was missing. Throughout the whole festival, they did not notice the absence of their beloved Cozy Glow. Not until they arrived back at the orphanage, that is.

“Hey, where is Cozy?” Rose Petal asked. Her eyes widened in horror as she realized Cozy Glow had been lost and she might have followed another family home.

At the School of Friendship, one week after the Summer Sun Solstice

A small filly wandered to the gates of the tranquil school. She noticed Princess Twilight heading out the gates as the sun set behind her. the streaks of yellow blending in with the purple in the sky.

Noticing a small filly, Twilight trotted over to her. “Hey, do you need help? Where are your parents?”

The filly turned around with big, watery scarlet eyes, and whispered softly,

“Hey Princess Twilight. I’m Cozy Glow.”

Comments ( 1 )

Yessssss this is awesome

Login or register to comment