• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 1,043 Views, 2 Comments

Cozy Glow: Parent-less - spacekatherine



We know Cozy Glow, ‘Empress of Friendship’, crazy manipulative five year old and banished villain. Let’s hear her backstory now, shall we?

  • ...
0
 2
 1,043

Turned Away

The small, pink foal was wailing loudly in the lavender pegasus’ arms. She was cradling the baby so tightly, afraid of her falling to the ground just hours after birth. Small tufts of sky blue hair was already growing in her tiny head, and her wings were fluffy and feathery. The Pegasus’ cream yellow mane was tangled, and large dark circles were formed under her big, watery blue eyes. Her appearance was haggard, but she cared for the foal like her own, instead of another’s child she had carried for many months.

The foal was crying her unopened eyes out, big tears spilling down her small cheeks. Wiping the tears away with her hoof, the Pegasus whispered softly to the foal. “Shh, it’s alright. Your parents are coming soon.”

The foal immediately stopped crying, and held back her tears as though she understood what the lavender pony said. Her big eyes slowly opened, and milky pink pupils slowly greeted her. The mare suddenly got worried. Milky eyes could only mean the foal was slightly blind. There was a big chance that her eyes would fully develop further when she grew, but what if she were going to stay blind her whole life?

The mare’s worried thoughts were interrupted when a Nurse Snowheart, a young nurse with a bright yellow coat and striking cerulean mane, knocked on the door. She entered the room, and informed her, “Mrs. Candlelight and Mr. Oceanheart are here to see the foal.” She then stepped aside to reveal two ponies. Ocean Heart had a deep blue coat, and arctic blue mane in stripes, just like his foal, who had a similar mane colour. His cutie mark was of a pink jumping dolphin. Candle Light had a sunny yellow coat, with a greyish pink mane and a candle for a cutiemark. Both of the parents had scarlet eyes too.

“We wish to see our daughter. Please move aside, Miss, umm... Purple Skies.” Candle Light ordered, in a posh voice. They were definitely Canterlot nobility, thought Purple Skies. After all, only those posh lords and ladies would annoy or order around a mare who just gave birth. Especially one who had gone through an extremely tough pregnancy, with her losing her appetite, and the foal kicking her viciously. Her body was tired, and here there were two nobles who dared agitate a tired mare.

Sighing inwardly, she turned up the dial on her nonsense tolerance level before handing them the foal oh so carefully. The cute ball of fluff, noticing that she was being taken away from her ‘mother’, started wailing yet again. “Ugh! She is going to stain my beautiful coat! And I just went to the salon!” Candle Light complained, and threw the foal into Ocean Heart’s hooves. He too, was disgusted by the foal, and wanted to hand it back to Purple Skies quick. Then he noticed her eyes, the milky pink eyes that could not see anything, but relied on her other senses alone.

Noticing her eyes too, Candle Light also was shocked. A blind mare would never make it in Canterlot upper-class society. She would make their prestigious family laughingstock of the Canterlot high class society. All the dukes and duchesses, lords and ladies eyes would be on them. If only she was a lady instead of a viscountess. The everyone would turn a blind eye from the blind foal.

Taking her purse with her, Candle Light and Ocean Heart stormed out of the room, and they declared she was no longer their daughter before vanishing off to Celestia knows where.

Not knowing what to do, Purple Skies looked around frantically. She had no money to support a foal, even if she and coltfriend both worked extra hard at their business. Their diner was declining rapidly in popularity, and with the critic Zesty Gourmand’s new horseshoes rating, they might as well close down or go bankrupt.

She called for Nurse Snowheart, and gave her instructions as to what to do with the foal. Purple Skies, after giving one last instruction, fell into a deep sleep and never woke up again...

Author's Note:

Oh my. So much action. Anyways, Nurse Snowheart is not an OC, she is actually a real nurse from MLP. Go and search MLP nurses on wikipedia. Anyways, follow me, and i will update soon i guess.