• Published 2nd Jul 2020
  • 2,375 Views, 133 Comments

Love Story - LunaEclipsed15



Sunset and Twilight’s story as they graduate college and navigate the rest of their lives together

  • ...
5
 133
 2,375

Interlude II

“So we’re really doing this?” Sunset asked as she climbed out of the passenger side of Twilight’s car. Twilight nodded.

“It’ll be good for us, if we decide we really do want to have kids.” Twilight smiled at Sunset and Sunset gave a weary smile back. “Besides, it’s just Flurry and Star.”

Sunset nodded and reached out for Twilight’s hand. The other girl took it as they walked up to the front door. Twilight raised a fist to know three times before stepping back to wait.

Cadence answered after a few moments.

“Sunset, Twilight! So good to see you, come in,” she greeted, opening the door from the pair and letting them step inside. They could hear squealing coming from upstairs.

“Uh, what is that?” Sunset asked, gesturing towards the noise.

“Flurry. Shining said she couldn’t have ice cream until after dinner.” Cadence sighed. Twilight giggled.

“Oh, the problems of a seven-year-old.” Sunset cracked a smile at that.

Shining Armor appeared at the top of the staircase, holding an eight-month-old Star Dreams. He was dragging a kicking and screaming Flurry Heart behind him. His face read: done with this whole “dad” thing.

“Flurry Heart!” Cadence scolded. Flurry stomped her foot. Cadence kneeled down in front of her daughter. “Flurry. You can have ice cream after dinner. Tell you what, if you stop crying right now and behave for Auntie Twilight and Aunt Sunset, you can have two scoops.” At that, Flurry stopped.

“Two whole scoops?” She asked.

“Yes. Two whole scoops, but you have to behave.” Flurry nodded, wiping her eyes.

Cadence stood up and moved to Star from Shining, passing her to Twilight.

“Flurry needs to be to bed by seven, Star’s bedtime is six. Dinner’s in the fridge, make sure both of them bathe and I doubt she’ll let you forget about the ice cream. We’ll be back around ten.” Cadence told her. Twilight and Sunset nodded.

“Got it. Have a good night!” Sunset called as Shining and Cadence slipped out the door.

When they turned back around, Flurry had already run off.

“Where did she go?” Sunset asked.

“Uh…” Twilight looked around for the hyperactive seven-year-old.

Then they heard a crash come from upstairs.

“How did she get up there so fast?!” Sunset exclaimed as they raced up to find the source of the noise.

They found Flurry Heart in the hall bathroom standing on a stool with her name on it, trying to reach the top cabinet. She appeared to be surrounded by yarn that had fallen out of a box she had knocked down.

Twilight readjusted Star in her arms as she looked at the mess.

“Oops?” Flurry asked, looking down at the yarn that laid across the floor.

“What were you even trying to do?” Sunset asked, bending down to pick up a pink ball of yarn.

Flurry just pointed up at the cabinet. Sunset moved to look inside, finding it full of various craft kits.

“I wanted to make something with you,” Flurry said, looking up at her aunt. Sunset was shocked for a moment, turning to find that Twilight wasn’t in the doorway anymore.

“Okay, we’ll make something, but we gotta clean this up first.” Sunset glanced at the clock. It was almost 5 and they would probably need to feed the kids soon, but she resigned to let Twilight take care of that.

Together the two cleaned up all the yarn, rolling it back up and placing it back in the bucket. When they were done, Flurry pointed up at a box on the top shelf.

“That one!” She said. Sunset reached up to grab it and smiled, seeing that it was a friendship bracelet making kit. “Let’s go to my room!” Flurry took it from her, racing out of the bathroom. Sunset laughed, following her out as she flicked off the light.

Flurry led her to a little white table in the center of her room, setting the box down and gesturing for her to sit in the chair across from her. Sunset took her seat as Flurry opened the box and pulled out the tools.

She and Flurry sat at the table making bracelets for almost a half-hour before Twilight came up to the open door, knocking on it lightly.

“Hey you two, dinner’s ready,” she said, a smile on her face.

“Yeah one sec,” Sunset mumbled as she tied off the bracelet she was working on. Flurry hopped up from the table, running up to Twilight.

“Auntie! Look at what Aunt Sunny made me!” she exclaimed, holding up the yellow and purple bracelet. Twilight smiled at her.

“Yeah, great, now come on, dinner’s gonna get cold,” she said, gently pushing Flurry out of the room. When she turned back around, Sunset was standing behind her.

“Sunny? Where in the world did she get that?” Twilight asked.

Sunset gave her a mysterious look. “I guess we’ll never know,” she said before pushing past her and descending the stairs.

Cadence had prepped tacos for dinner and soon they were all seated around the table. Star was eating a variety of soft, cube-shaped fruits that Sunset was sure all tasted the exact same. Flurry Heart was excitedly talking about something that had happened at school that week and Twilight was listening intently.

Sunset smiled as she looked at the three of them. Maybe a part of her did want this. She looked down at the bracelet on her wrist that Flurry had made her.

Yeah, she definitely wanted this.

Author's Note:

If you didn't know, Star Dreams was a brushable figure released in a set with Applejack in 2012. Here's what Star looks like as a pony, you can imagine the human version: