• Published 26th Jan 2021
  • 692 Views, 0 Comments

A Child's Sunny Twilight Play - Psalty123



The Main Five help their friends Twilight and Sunset from being as toddlers forever!

  • ...
3
 0
 692

Chapter 1-One Crazy Cruise

The Rainbooms haven't been this excited in a long time. They are finally getting another chance to go on another cruise vacation. Ever since the last one where Twilight, Sunset, and Rainbow encountered the Storm King's Staff and were transported to Equestria through a pit of magical quicksand, they've been a bit hesitant to go on another one. But ever since then, things have quietened down on the magical side of things. School is finished for the semester and the whole group was looking forward to the break.

Rainbow, in particular, was looking forward to the rest. "Finally, the cruise is here. I've been waiting for this since forever" said Rainbow. Sunset and Twilight just smiled and shook their heads bashfully.

"Me too! I hope this one goes better than last time. Hopefully, we won't have to deal with Equestrian Magic this time around." Sunset responded. The incident with The Storm King's Staff was still present in the back of her mind. Just when things seemed to be normal again, magic always seemed to turn up in the most unexpected ways.

The Main 7 decided to do some activities on the while they were heading to the docks.

Twilight and Sunset decided to rest on the journey to the docks. Even though they know that they will have the entire duration of the cruise to rest and relax, the drive is taking a bit longer than they expected. Sunset, however, is remaining ever-present and alert for any signs of Equestrian Magic. The feeling in her gut tells her that it could turn up again on this cruise like last time, and Sunset often goes with what her gut tells her. But, she puts her concerns to the back of her mind and just wants to enjoy the break, away from all the stress and chaos of school.

After a while, the group eventually reaches the docks where their cruise ship is still boarding. Sunset and Twilight are woken up by Rainbow.
"Hey Sunset, Twilight, we're here," said Rainbow. Sunset's eyes flutter open and she notices the ship not far away from where they were parked. Twilight is still napping, so Sunset gently shakes her awake.

"Twilight, we're here. Wake up," said Sunset. The shaking and the statement from Sunset are enough to wake Twilight up. Twilight lets out a yawn and both of them step outside the minibus they took to stretch and wake up a bit more. "Well girls, let us get our stuff, our tickets, and board the ship for a well-deserved break," said Sunset.

"Yeah, let's go," Rainbow said giddily.

As the Rainbooms boarded the ship, no-one noticed a faint glow, not far from where they were boarding. Sunset, however, still has a feeling that somehow, Equestrian Magic will turn up like on the previous cruise.

A short while later, girls have boarded the ship and have gotten settled into their cabins. The ship's intercom system plays a small jingle and the captain introduced themselves and the crew and says that the crew is ready to assist the passengers to make their cruise as relaxing as possible. The captain then says that they are all ready for departure. The ship's horn blows and the vessel starts to slowly move away from the dock.

"Off we go," Rainbow said giddily. The Rainbooms now have the entire duration of the cruise to rest, relax, and recharge. Sunset, however still has a feeling that strange things will happen.

"Yeah, off we go," Sunset says warily. Twilight notices Sunsets slightly hushed voice and tries to reassure her.

"Sunset, do you think that Equestrian Magic will show up in some way on this cruise?" asked Twilight. Sunset nods but doesn't say a word. "Calm down Sunset. Let us just forget about our worries and just enjoy the cruise for all its worth," said Twilight, which lifted Sunsets spirits, causing her to crack a smile.

"Yeah, maybe I'm overthinking this a bit too much. Let's just kick back and enjoy the cruise," said Sunset excitedly.

A few hours later, the ship is far out to sea, with nothing, but water visible for as far as the eye can see in any direction. The girls take full advantage of the activities and services that the cruise is providing them in for order them to have a relaxing experience. Sunset, Twilight, Rarity, and Fluttershy are relaxing by the pool, Whilst Rainbow, Applejack and Pinkie are swimming in the pool on the deck. The sun is shining and the seas are calm, with very few waves. So far, the cruise is going well for the Rainbooms, with nothing untoward happening, but the girls don't know that things are going to get very confusing and that this will be a cruise that they won't forget about any time soon.

As Twilight and Sunset were relaxing, they didn't notice some Equestrian magic heading towards them.

The magic seeped into their bodies, but the magic didn’t immediately change them in some way. Sunset and Twilight felt the magic seep in, but when there was no immediate effect or change, they went back to relaxing.

What the girls didn't know was that this magic was special, in that it was long-delay magic, one of the rarest types of Equestrian magic. This kind of magic doesn't take effect on the affected person or pony immediately but instead takes effect after a certain amount of time, usually when the affected person or pony is sleeping. This kind of magic is difficult to master and dangerous when in the hands or hooves of the wrong creature. This batch of magic, however, isn't dangerous to either of the girls it has affected, but they will be in for a surprise, once the magic has taken its unusual effects.

A few hours later, the girls have just finished dinner and dessert. All of them have had an amazing first day on the cruise and are looking forward to the rest of the journey. But for now, they just want to get back to their cabins and get ready for bed. Twilight and Sunset are sharing a cabin together and the other girls sorted themselves out into a pair and a trio. Sunset still remembers feeling some magic seep into her earlier in the day and raises the topic with Twilight.
" Hey Twilight, did you feel something strange happen earlier today when we were relaxing by the pool?" she asked.

Twilight responds "Yeah, I felt something seep into me around that time. Do you think it could be Equestrian Magic?' she asked.

"Maybe, it felt like magic, but it could have been our geodes releasing some magic, and then it reabsorbed the magic through our skin. If it were magic from another source, it would normally take effect immediately." Sunset responded.

"Yeah, maybe you're right. Let's just forget about it and enjoy the cruise," said Twilight.

The girls then changed in their sleepwear, brushed their teeth, and hopped into bed. They said goodnight to each other and eventually drifted off to sleep. But they are in for a shock in time, after the magic from before takes effect.

Author's Note:

Well, Twilight and Sunset are sleeping like babies. And when they wake up, what will happen to them? Find out in the next chapter, "The Two Tiny, Sunny, and Sparkly Toddlers".